Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMA on boards with a lad who worked in a refugee camp in Greece. Wonder how long it will take to degenerate into a shitshow?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      'an illness that will freak out the parents of the other kids' is the real red line, otherwise they're not bothered. You'll be there in a few months putting skin tone make-up on her face to cover up an outbreak of chicken pox so you can sneak her into the crèche and laugh (manically) that you once considered a mild cold a deterrent.
      the place is a fucking germ factory.
      I dont think she has had a week not sick since
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        My lads have snail trails on their upper lip 24/7. I don’t think I’d recognise them without snot ‘taches. I was hardly sick before they showed up but have had some embarrassing pukey sessions since. Once putting the bigger one into the car , I hadn’t got him strapped in yet and was on my knees puking, with one hand holding him in place. Dignity Smignity.

Going for no.2 anytime soon? Tis great fun. Just come home from work and lie on the carpet. They thinks it’s a game and everyone admires superdad, meanwhile you are getting some much needed rest. The pretend snoring is also hilarious (I’m told)

Comment

Soppy as fuck, but still...

SPOILER
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

SPOILER
            Must be a day for it. Nearly blubbering here at work reading about poor Freckles.
            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

SPOILER
              bollox, I'm gonna get me da to pick me up when I see him next
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                My lads have snail trails on their upper lip 24/7. I don’t think I’d recognise them without snot ‘taches. I was hardly sick before they showed up but have had some embarrassing pukey sessions since. Once putting the bigger one into the car , I hadn’t got him strapped in yet and was on my knees puking, with one hand holding him in place. Dignity Smignity.

Going for no.2 anytime soon? Tis great fun. Just come home from work and lie on the carpet. They thinks it’s a game and everyone admires superdad, meanwhile you are getting some much needed rest. The pretend snoring is also hilarious (I’m told)
                no.2 was discussed but is on the back burner for the moment.
                FIL may be joining us in "The Gaffâ„¢" whenever that happens so we need to get ducks in a row first.
                famous last words....

Comment

SPOILER
                  Quite a few these days in their 30’s still getting carried by their parents

Comment

Waiting since 9am for Eircon to install FTTH.

OpenEir called me yesterday to confirm today, zero contact from anyone taday, so frustrating dealing with that company.

I signed up online last week for one price and they mail me the next day with a completely different price, they said on the phone the online system cant do discounts.

Very tempted to tell them to GTFO and order from Digiweb, the only negative going that route is they charge a €200 installation fee with a higher p/m charge but i think it will be worth it just to have no more dealings with them.
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                      Read up on it mate, the Germans don’t mess around it’s not like Ireland one of the potential coalition parties said they would rather not govern at all than govern badly.
                      I tell you what, let's have a bet on this.

I say there won't be another German GE. You say there will.

Winner is the one who is correct within 6 months.

Even wager of your choice of size. Mate.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                        I don't get these home assistant things. Unless it can cook or clean it's no use to me. I've never (outside of one off novelty factor) done a voice search on the phone, or created an appointment, written a text, etc. that way either.
                        The little one used it loads before she could read and write. She found games to download and youtube videos by using the voice part of google.

SPOILER
                        We were just talking about this today, one day Aimee wont want to come up and have her movie night in bed beside me and love being able to sleep in with me on a Friday night. You don't really notice the transition and it isn't till you think back that you can't remember when a certain behaviour like lifting them up, sitting with them on your knee etc suddenly stopped.

They grow too bloody fast

For those on FB as can't find the video link outside of it. All so true.

Comment

So apparently I'm playing in the BSOP Sao Paulo (pokerstars) media tournament next week. My gf's mate runs a gaming website over here and has given me credentials as he can't play. I'm going to be "taught" how to play poker by professionals and some sports celebrities/ambassadors. Ronaldo and Neymar are apparently ambassadors. Unlikely to be them but you'd never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            I tell you what, let's have a bet on this.

I say there won't be another German GE. You say there will.

Winner is the one who is correct within 6 months.

Even wager of your choice of size. Mate.
                            I am not interested in a dick measuring contest on this.

Every single media organisation is saying what I said in my initial post, nothing is set in stone but a new election is a distinct possibility.

But I am happy to revisit this on 23 May 2018 to see if an election has been called.
                            Last edited by jack90210; 23-11-17, 18:24.

Comment

I am not interested in a dick measuring contest on this.

Every single media organisation is saying what I said in my initial post, nothing is set in stone but a new election is a distinct possibility.

But I am happy to revisit this on 23 May 2018 to see if an election has been called.
                              Getting evens about things we consider long odds on is the kind of Mickey measuring contest we like around here.
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Getting evens about things we consider long odds on is the kind of Mickey measuring contest we like around here.
                                Obviously jack's ruler only does mm.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                  Going to be in london for a week or so. Does anyone have recommendations for shows or musicals at the west end?
                                  Book of Mormon

Comment

Happy to have a £ with you Roaul Duke, over 9 months for bntr.
                                    "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                    "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

The contrast makes me want to cry

My soon to be born grandniece is being born in to an America where she is the subject to hatred and bigotry from her President.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Salary : competitive

is such a frustrating load of shite. Do they only tell recruiters how much they pay?

@Richie - What's the salary for this? https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/59647

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

is such a frustrating load of shite. Do they only tell recruiters how much they pay?

@Richie - What's the salary for this? https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/59647
                                            Competitive salary. Says it half way down there lad
                                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Book of Mormon
                                              +1

Comment

10 percent more than your on or whatever you ask for with in reason. Bloomberg are good payers for most thing so will be more than competitive. Can call them and find out for you obv but not really my area I just give them software devs.

The guy who does data science in my office will be able to fill you in and is good at what he does if you want to chat to him let me know and I will pm you his number or you can send me yours. He only covers Ireland tho.

Comment

The contrast makes me want to cry

My soon to be born grandniece is being born in to an America where she is the subject to hatred and bigotry from her President.

What contrast? Why did you select a tweet from yesterday instead of today? Here's his own Thanksgiving message. But that wouldn't suit your agenda?

Comment

Waiting since 9am for Eircon to install FTTH.

OpenEir called me yesterday to confirm today, zero contact from anyone taday, so frustrating dealing with that company.

I signed up online last week for one price and they mail me the next day with a completely different price, they said on the phone the online system cant do discounts.

Very tempted to tell them to GTFO and order from Digiweb, the only negative going that route is they charge a €200 installation fee with a higher p/m charge but i think it will be worth it just to have no more dealings with them.
                                                    On boards I seem to remember they have said you can use Eir for the quicker install, cancel during the 14 day cooling off period then switching to Digiweb avoiding the install fee.

worth checking out.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                      10 percent more than your on or whatever you ask for with in reason. Bloomberg are good payers for most thing so will be more than competitive. Can call them and find out for you obv but not really my area I just give them software devs.

The guy who does data science in my office will be able to fill you in and is good at what he does if you want to chat to him let me know and I will pm you his number or you can send me yours. He only covers Ireland tho.
                                                      Ah but what if I'm overpaid?

Ireland is what I'm after tbh. If not now, in 12-18 months.

Just trying to figure out what kind of jobs are available that I should be trying to work towards. Wouldn't have an issue applying for that role tbh, not much I'm missing.

I might pop into yis when I'm home at Christmas to see if there's anything of interest.

Comment

You know the world has gone bat shit crazy when your local butcher has a 'One Day Only - Black Friday Sale'

Comment

Ah but what if I'm overpaid?

Ireland is what I'm after tbh. If not now, in 12-18 months.

Just trying to figure out what kind of jobs are available that I should be trying to work towards. Wouldn't have an issue applying for that role tbh, not much I'm missing.

I might pop into yis when I'm home at Christmas to see if there's anything of interest.
                                                          Let me know and I will grab a coffee or pint which ever suits you best.

Plenty of work in Dublin and some in much more interesting areas than just financial services and gambling if you want to branch out into really big datasets and something a little more aulteristic

Best reason to use an agent is to make sure you get your market value, if they are willing to pay up to 100knand you say you want 60k not surprisingly you will get 65k so that they show how much they value you.
                                                          Last edited by RichieM; 23-11-17, 21:24.

Comment

I know you were saying you primarily work with software developers Richie but what's your thoughts on financial services roles being more readily available outside of Dublin.
                                                            I know there has been talk of companies moving outside of Dublin or new companies setting up outside but I don't see many roles advertised.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                              I know you were saying you primarily work with software developers Richie but what's your thoughts on financial services roles being more readily available outside of Dublin.
                                                              I know there has been talk of companies moving outside of Dublin or new companies setting up outside but I don't see many roles advertised.
                                                              Some companies have secondary offices outside of Dublin but the majority seems to still be in Dublin. Might be true but I haven't noticed much move out.

I would be massively in favour if that's the question.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                Pain in the hole alright, going through it right now.

So so good for them though. Now is the time you want them invaded with all sorts of shit. Makes them strong bro.
                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                  What contrast? Why did you select a tweet from yesterday instead of today? Here's his own Thanksgiving message. But that wouldn't suit your agenda?

Fuck me that's awful. It's like he's doing his reading homework. Needs to learn the value of the pause.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                    Some companies have secondary offices outside of Dublin but the majority seems to still be in Dublin. Might be true but I haven't noticed much move out.

I would be massively in favour if that's the question.
                                                                    I'm more curious on the likelihood, I've noticed a bit more popping up but they're pretty rare.
                                                                    State Street in Kilkenny etc.

I would imagine a lot of people would jump at the opportunity to take a role outside of Dublin if they were paid close to an equivalent salary.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                      I'm more curious on the likelihood, I've noticed a bit more popping up but they're pretty rare.
                                                                      State Street in Kilkenny etc.

I would imagine a lot of people would jump at the opportunity to take a role outside of Dublin if they were paid close to an equivalent salary.
                                                                      State Street in Kilkenny been there at least ten years probably more not a new move.

Comment

State Street in Kilkenny been there at least ten years probably more not a new move.
                                                                        Sorry my bad I thought it was pretty obvious I was referring to "roles" popping up

Comment

John B Keane's words making me thirsty

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                            On boards I seem to remember they have said you can use Eir for the quicker install, cancel during the 14 day cooling off period then switching to Digiweb avoiding the install fee.

worth checking out.
                                                                            But its in at that stage, i may do that just to stick it to them though.

I will not look forward to finishing a billing cycle with Eir though, horror stories i have heard.
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                              You know the world has gone bat shit crazy when your local butcher has a 'One Day Only - Black Friday Pudding Sale'
                                                                              This is a sale i would attend.
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                any recommendations for a totally unnecessary Black Friday purchase?
                                                                                VR headset.
                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                  Fuck me that's awful. It's like he's doing his reading homework. Needs to learn the value of the pause.
                                                                                  It's not even the last Thursday in November. It's the 4th Thursday in November. And what's with the weird camera changes?

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                      Happy to have a £ with you Roaul Duke, over 9 months for bntr.
                                                                                      Name ur stks m8. We're on like dkny kng

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

A £1 coin that's no longer valid currency. Quite the bet.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                            A £1 coin that's no longer valid currency. Quite the bet.
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Cheers, that's the tweet from the part Biff part Cartman fucktard I was trying to link.
                                                                                              Ta 4 helping out m8

Comment

Blade runner was even better than I'd hoped it would be. Sure it could have been a half an hour shorter but why would you want it to end sooner.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving SP.
                                                                                                  "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                  "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Cheers, that's the tweet from the part Biff part Cartman fucktard I was trying to link.
                                                                                                    Ta 4 helping out m8
                                                                                                    No problem. Always nice to help the elderly

Comment

The only thing weirder than going out of your way to be anti trump when you live in Ireland is going out of your way to support him.

Comment

...
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                          It's not even the last Thursday in November. It's the 4th Thursday in November. And what's with the weird camera changes?
                                                                                                          Did he really say last Thursday? Even I know that's wrong. Clown.

Comment

There are just too many fucking idiots on this planet.

Sarah Hall, from Northumberland Park, North Shields, demanded her six-year-old son's school ban the story after claiming it promotes an 'inappropriate sexual' message' to children.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                              You'd think if this election happens then FG will come back a lot strengthened.
                                                                                                              All the parties are terrified of an election. I'd actually like to see Leo call this bluff.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                There are just too many fucking idiots on this planet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-Beauty.html
                                                                                                                Spoiler alert.
                                                                                                                Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if she didn't wake up.

Comment

Aussies dragged themselves back into it thanks to Marsh and Smith. Rd3 clearly sold us a pup with his batsman tip. Warner's wicket was fairly lol

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                    Aussies dragged themselves back into it thanks to Marsh and Smith. Rd3 clearly sold us a pup with his batsman tip. Warner's wicket was fairly lol
                                                                                                                    Clearly. I think I'd struggle to be lbw to Moeen.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Green Friday on PP today with enhanced offers every hour.

First is Spurs, newcastle and palace win enhanced 4/1 to 11/2

Comment

Oscar Pistorius's sentence increased to 15 years (from 6years) on appeal. Good enough for him.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X