Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    @Hitch (or anyone else): Any experience with Saudi students? A fully funded PhD applicant just landed in my inbox, with what seems like a decent academic record. Hard to say no to.
    Variable experience. Most seem uninterested in doing anything at undergrad level.
    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
      So was Ali, who got away with his racist bigotry ironically because he was black.

Morning Lao Lao , how's the head ?
      Bit before my time I'm afraid.

Comment

So was Ali, who got away with his racist bigotry ironically because he was black.

Morning Lao Lao , how's the head ?
        This is the guy who was known as 'the Olympic Nigger' in his hometown that you're comparing to McGregor here like.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          You can't be that much of an ignorant nasty prick sometimes for money without being a bit of an ignorant nasty prick the rest of the time for free.
          This may well be the most correct post on any subject in ipb history.

Comment

A friend works in LinkedIn and was away on holiday while her CEO was visiting, here is a terrible article: https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman...-1-selfie.html

So many people thought it would be career suicide, say goodbye to your job etc, 'Mericans. Shows the difference here, my CEO has barely seen me sober. Also how have 32000 people liked her LinkedIn post, people...use it?

Comment

Betting on the RWC hosts for 2023 has the markets moving a bit. Announcement at lunchtime...

Comment

This is the guy who was known as 'the Olympic Nigger' in his hometown that you're comparing to McGregor here like.
                Same guy called Frazier a gorilla because he was a bit darker. Anyhoo not really comparing just saying the most revered sportsman of all time was quite the bollix. Plenty o stuff out there but sure...

Comment

Allez Les blues

Comment

Same guy called Frazier a gorilla because he was a bit darker. Anyhoo not really comparing just saying the most revered sportsman of all time was quite the bollix. Plenty o stuff out there but sure...
                    I think even in those days of rampant racism the gorilla and 'uncle Tom' lines got Ali loads of stick.

This was the 1970s by the way.

Mcgregor is telling black fellas to dance for him in 2017 cos he's a shit weasel who will say or do anything for a greasy penny. What's his excuse?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                      Allez Les blues
                      Fuck our 'Celtic Cousins' anyway....

Comment

I think even in those days of rampant racism the gorilla and 'uncle Tom' lines got Ali loads of stick.

This was the 1970s by the way.

Mcgregor is telling black fellas to dance for him in 2017 cos he's a shit weasel who will say or do anything for a greasy penny. What's his excuse?
                        Jimmy Seville we forgive you. It was the 70s.

Comment

Jimmy Seville we forgive you. It was the 70s.
                          You're nailing the false equivalences anyway I'll give you that

Comment

You're nailing the false equivalences anyway I'll give you that
                            Brushing it. Ah ye well know my argument , you are clouded by hatred of the man and more by what he represents. 100 million . I must admit I was hoping Mayweather would be true to his craft and take him out early. Tis all a show and it's still going on.

Comment

Brushing it. Ah ye well know my argument , you are clouded by hatred of the man and more by what he represents. 100 million . I must admit I was hoping Mayweather would be true to his craft and take him out early. Tis all a show and it's still going on.
                              Sure look, we won't fall out over it!

Comment

I see a few people from here hanging around forums to do with infrastructure and things like that on boards the odd time. Those folks may enjoy checking out this forum here:

For projects and construction outside of Cork or Dublin

Just thought I would mention it in case anyone was interested and didn't know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                  A friend works in LinkedIn and was away on holiday while her CEO was visiting, here is a terrible article: https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman...-1-selfie.html

So many people thought it would be career suicide, say goodbye to your job etc, 'Mericans. Shows the difference here, my CEO has barely seen me sober. Also how have 32000 people liked her LinkedIn post, people...use it?
                                  If you were the head guy on site and the CEO was visiting, then maybe you might change plans, even at a cost, but for normal manager types? Ridiculous notion.

I use linked in to talk to recruiters when I need them, that's it.

Comment

Interesting results from the Aussie same sex marriage vote. Bible Belt areas all vote yes, areas with disproportionate amount of muslims vote no.

Comment

Goddamn French.
                                      Very disappointing for the recommendation to be ignored but for the French to get in ahead of us.
                                      Woulda coulda shoulda been a great event to look forward to.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Good move ditching the basket case saffas
                                        Wish fifa would do similar,Germany should just hold the World Cup every time

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                          James and Sam through to the last 16 in the pairs, final day to be played on Thursday. Singles starting tomorrow.
                                          Matt and Julio also through to the last 16 pairs.
                                          Last edited by gorrrr72; 15-11-17, 16:21.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                            Interesting results from the Aussie same sex marriage vote. Bible Belt areas all vote yes, areas with disproportionate amount of muslims vote no.
                                            Australia is a highly secular place; I doubt they have much of a 'Bible Belt'?
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Every second post you make references Muslims, regardless of the context. You're obsessed.

Comment

LOL, this is such utter bullshit.

Let's start by noting that at most Muslims make up 3% of Australia's population in total, mostly concentrated in urban areas.

Sydney, which has about 19/20% of its population made up of Muslims, had an 83.7% Yes vote with a participation rate of 80.5% of the overall population.

Literally just picked one random city with a WILDLY unrepresentative Muslim population and it was a huge Yes vote. Your bullshit throwaway remark doesn't stand up to even the most cursory examination.
                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Well this is pretty scary stuff.

There are some technologies that just shouldn't be explored.
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    Well this is pretty scary stuff.

There are some technologies that just shouldn't be explored.
                                                    You should get a job writing for Joe.ie with those click bait titles

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      Australia is a highly secular place; I doubt they have much of a 'Bible Belt'?
                                                      Incorrect, google it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                        Every second post you make references Muslims, regardless of the context. You're obsessed.
                                                        Glad to see you pay so much attention to me but I would disagree with your analysis of my 1000+ posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                          LOL, this is such utter bullshit.

Let's start by noting that at most Muslims make up 3% of Australia's population in total, mostly concentrated in urban areas.

Sydney, which has about 19/20% of its population made up of Muslims, had an 83.7% Yes vote with a participation rate of 80.5% of the overall population.

Literally just picked one random city with a WILDLY unrepresentative Muslim population and it was a huge Yes vote. Your bullshit throwaway remark doesn't stand up to even the most cursory examination.
                                                          Incorrect. The electoral district of Sydney doesn't include the western suburbs where most of the Muslim population lives. Out of the 17 electroral districts that voted no 12 were western Sydney suburbs. So yes your post completely factually incorrect.

The local mosques were actively preaching no votes as noted by the Australia Bureau of Stats, clearly this didn't get wide media reporting as would be fairly standard practice.

Edit: Sorry for triple post on my phone!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Incorrect. The electoral district of Sydney doesn't include the western suburbs where most of the Muslim population lives. Out of the 17 electroral districts that voted no 12 were western Sydney suburbs. So yes your post completely factually incorrect.

The local mosques were actively preaching no votes as noted by the Australia Bureau of Stats, clearly this didn't get wide media reporting as would be fairly standard practice.

Given your opinion on abortion I'm surprised you support same sex marriage.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                  Yeah very variable, as those scholarships are handed out partially for academic achievement and partially for connections. I'd make sure they've some education experience outside Saudi as they do nothing in Saudi unis.
                                                                  Cool...this person did a masters in Pittsburgh State and did well.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                    Given your opinion on abortion I'm surprised you support same sex marriage.
                                                                    Two very different issues to be fair. One involves two consenting adults affecting no one else the other doesn't. Abortion is a very complex issue.

Comment

Comment

Incorrect, google it.
                                                                        OK, I will....tumtittytumtumtum.

National Church Life Survey (NCLS) data shows that over the last four decades the proportion of Australians attending church at least once per month has more than halved from 36% (1972) to 15% currently
                                                                        Not much a Bible Belt really. Compared at least to the USA (a place with a real, actual Bible Belt).

Comment

Also: it's hardly shocking news that devout Muslims are opposed to gay marriage?

That's like saying Irish people are opposed to drinking in moderation.

Comment

OK, I will....tumtittytumtumtum.

Not much a Bible Belt really. Compared at least to the USA (a place with a real, actual Bible Belt).
                                                                            The quote you have posted refers to overall population going to church not concentrated areas or localities which is what a Bible Belt refers to.

Comment

Also: it's hardly shocking news that devout Muslims are opposed to gay marriage?

That's like saying Irish people are opposed to drinking in moderation.
                                                                              I agree this is not shocking at all.

Comment

The quote you have posted refers to overall population going to church not concentrated areas or localities which is what a Bible Belt refers to.
                                                                                It's not a bible belt if they voted yes.

Comment

Speaking of crazy religious there's a great doc on Netflix called 'One of Us' about the Hasidic Jewish community in Brooklyn. Or more accurately about people who've escaped it.

What a weird cult.

They sure give the Taliban a run for their money on the mysoginy front.

Comment

It's not a bible belt if they voted yes.
                                                                                    The point is exactly that it shows these historically Christian areas are willing to embrace change.

Comment

The point is exactly that it shows these historically Christian areas are willing to embrace change.
                                                                                      Is that not what we did?

Comment

Is that not what we did?
                                                                                        Yep exactly!

Comment

...

Comment

I said Australia is a highly secular place (true, confirmed by the data I referred to - collected by the churches themselves btw) and therefore I doubted there is 'much of a Bible Belt'. Which is also correct, it's just a handful of communities.

Unlike America where most of the country can be considered 'Bible Belt'.

And although I frown on subjective evidence, my time living in Australia would tend to back up the above observation.
                                                                                            Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 15-11-17, 20:19.

Comment

Or they're not Bible Belt areas at all....

Comment

To be fair the Australian Bible Belt point is a term the media is using over there. I am sure like how Ireland was once viewed as one big Bible Belt they are drawing equivalents to historically conservative areas that passed it.

Comment

Now back to the country with a real Bible Belt...

Trump tweets about the wrong mass shooting. Whoopsie!

Comment

...
                                                                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 15-11-17, 20:36.

Comment

Pushing the envelope there Hitch but the hustle is appreciated.

Comment

...

Comment

You mean areas where there is less religious influence now? Of course they are more likely to vote yes. Many of the areas with Muslims, there is obviously still a strong religious influence on the populace. So I don't understand what the point of your original post was other than: Deeply religious people tended to vote no.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                            have we a brand new Peaky Blinders starting now at 9pm? Or is it just BBC new?
                                                                                                            Bollox. I think that's the new one and I forgot to record it. Darwin hamster posted about it here a couple of weeks back.

Edit: txt herself to record it on +1. She had it series linked already for me. Legend
                                                                                                            Last edited by dobby; 15-11-17, 21:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                              have we a brand new Peaky Blinders starting now at 9pm? Or is it just BBC new?
                                                                                                              New Series

Comment

Two very different issues to be fair. One involves two consenting adults affecting no one else the other one consenting adult affecting no one else.
                                                                                                                Abortion is a very complex issue.
                                                                                                                FYP IMO

Comment

Even when it was the Christians, I knew it was the Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                    Bollox. I think that's the new one and I forgot to record it. Darwin hamster posted about it here a couple of weeks back.

Edit: txt herself to record it on +1. She had it series linked already for me. Legend
                                                                                                                    Good cos I don't think there a BBC +1. Well not on freesat anyway

Comment

talking of TV , we are lobbing out a FREE 32 inch LG tv , whole package sports /movies 63 euro a month for 6 months . the sports and movies come in at half price for 6 months

Add a second box @16 euro per month to go with your luvverly new tv, ( second box requires decent Broadband to run it )

PM me obv
                                                                                                                      Last edited by SatNav; 15-11-17, 21:44.
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                                                                                                        Good cos I don't think there a BBC +1. Well not on freesat anyway
                                                                                                                        T
                                                                                                                        We're with virgin, not sure if there's a +1 tho

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                          T
                                                                                                                          We're with virgin, not sure if there's a +1 tho
                                                                                                                          FFS!
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X