Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    The fog game away to Bosnia in the last playoff was a better spectacle.
    Awful stiff but the spectacle will be forgotten fairly fast Tue night when we beat them. Den pretty poor too and the best possible draw as we suspected.

Did what we had to do

Comment

meh, it was a defensive performance.
      0-0 was the gameplan , job done
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Tuesday night will break the week nicely now!

Comment

Whelan to score winning peno.
          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
            Whelan to score winning peno.
            Ronnie obv

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              I got the kicking it up in the air bit right.

Jaysis, Denmark are nearly as shite as us though. What happened to dem Laudrups?
              To be fair we can make the best sides look terrible, World champs Germany scored 1 goal against us in two matches last campaign.

When you watch any of our matches in isolation you wonder how that approach is sustainable long term and we were just lucky to hold out on the given night but it pays off far too often to not give management a whole lot of credit for their ability to nullify anything thrown at them.

Atrocious to watch mind.
              Profit before people.

Comment

It's one of the worst squads we've had in quite a while considering the injuries and players out of form.

Punching well above our weight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                  Wouldn't follow rugby too closely but from an outsider's looking in pov, Aki's inclusion and Zebo's exclusion seems all sorts of wrong from a fairness perspective.
                  go on

Comment

So had a board games night tonight, inspired by some of Tar's recommendations I believe. Only got one game in after all the sport, Ticket to Ride Europe, great great game! Bought Lords of Waterdeep as well but the rules booklet is like 20 pages long, hmmm that's very intimidating! Who had played it?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                      So had a board games night tonight, inspired by some of Tar's recommendations I believe. Only got one game in after all the sport, Ticket to Ride Europe, great great game! Bought Lords of Waterdeep as well but the rules booklet is like 20 pages long, hmmm that's very intimidating! Who had played it?
                      Ye should have played Ludo or snakes and ladders.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I sat out on the stairs for 56 minutes.

My wife looked out the window for an hour.

She won that one.

#boredgames
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

UFC fight night off to a cracking start with two great fights in the Prelims. Super Sage Northcutt comeback up next.

Comment

No away goal = fail

Comment

Amazing

Last edited by Denny Crane; 12-11-17, 02:59.

Comment

Chap has autism.

Comment

Chd is a lovely guy
                                    "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                    "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          Have a kilo each of very good quality mushrooms, minced beef, and peppers. Also some excellent quality garlic and onions.

Am thinking something minimal like cook them all together and just add salt and pepper and serve with pasta. Is there any secret ingredient that might lead to a more spectacular dining outcome?
                                          Yes. Bin the mushrooms.

Comment

Comment

Just add onions
                                              Fry off with the garlic and if you have any, celery and carrots.
                                              Then add the meat and the rest.
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Has that changed since I first read it? Thought it was more insulting first time of looking at it, but maybe that was the effect of no coffee.
                                                I actually thought that was a joke account.

Nope.
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Nothing matters, apparently

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                    Same here! Played Takenoko. A beautiful brilliant game. I'd highly recommend.

Glad you guys liked! People are always open to takenoko because of the art and pandas. There are more maps for ticket to ride, inhale a small Nordic on that is great for 2 or 3 players.

If you liked takenoko youll probably like another of their games called takaido. It's about going on a relaxing holiday and whoever has the best time wins.

Lords of waterdeep is surprisingly easy to play, it's a brilliant game too. With most games once you give it a go it's much easier than just trying to read the rules alone. Still, a bit more complex than ticket to ride all right.its mostly a game where you collect resources and buy things.

Comment

The best games have the simplest rules.

Comment

The Dáil Bar tab reached over €31,000 at the end of August.

According to the Sunday Times, one TD ran up a bill of €1,200 over the summer, despite the Dáil sitting for just eight days.

Earlier this year Leinster House decided to write off €5,500 of debt as there was no prospect of it being recouped.
                                                        Glad to have them looking out for us.

Comment

Comment

Does the dail bar make a profit? I'd imagine it does. In which case expected losses might be built into prices. In the same way as credit card costs build in expected default rates.

Comment

Comment

@ Flushdraw.

A few of the lads from my darts team/league are over for the Malta open. I know you like your darts so if you are at a loose end during the week it might be worth popping down for a look. There are no big names there but the set up looks good.

Guys to look out for who are on my team/league, James Brown, Matt Smith, Sam Salt, Julio Barbero. They would all be in with a decent chance if they can stay sober enough .
                                                                If you do go down say hello to them, they are all good lads and I told them you were living there.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                                                  Hey all, been a while. I am trying to post a blog in the blog section but there is no option to post a new thread.
                                                                  Good blog Keith. WP on all the recent scores. Nice to see someone who commits to the game get the return. GL in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                    @ Flushdraw.

A few of the lads from my darts team/league are over for the Malta open. I know you like your darts so if you are at a loose end during the week it might be worth popping down for a look. There are no big names there but the set up looks good.

Guys to look out for who are on my team/league, James Brown, Matt Smith, Sam Salt, Julio Barbero. They would all be in with a decent chance if they can stay sober enough .
                                                                    If you do go down say hello to them, they are all good lads and I told them you were living there.
                                                                    Cheers Gordon I was going to take a spin up last year with a couple of the lads, but they all decided against it. It's a bit of distance away from me but if a couple of the lads fancy it, i'll head up. Be a good excuse for a few drinks. Cheers for the headsup!

Comment

Going to have to assess the appropriateness of our board game budget at some point before it bankrupts us. But just ordered a mixture of grown up and kid games (daughter is obsessed with board games at the moment):
                                                                      I bought that Jaipur one a couple of months ago but still haven't gotten around to playing it.

Had herself order me a crokinole board for a birthday - we used to play it in college, it's some craic

Rick Eric Shane and Aaron play Crokinole for Game Night!Vote in our polls and see certain Blind Wave videos early!! http://www.patreon.com/blindwaveBlind Wa...

Comment

All great games Hitch. Haven't heard of the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                          Cheers Gordon I was going to take a spin up last year with a couple of the lads, but they all decided against it. It's a bit of distance away from me but if a couple of the lads fancy it, i'll head up. Be a good excuse for a few drinks. Cheers for the headsup!
                                                                          Sounds good Tony, I might head over next year for it, I'll see how my game is and how the funds are before deciding. Looks like it would be worth it for the experience anyway.

Matt was runner up in the Spanish nationals this year and Sam won the mens Spanish national pairs competition with Mark Farmer (who is not at Malta). Matt just pipped me 4-3 last night in the semi final of of a local annual tournament, he's a cracking player and I had chances against him (wired tops twice for the win) happy with the 3rd place and took out a couple of big scalps along the way.

Comment

Comment

Rathnew of Wicklow knockout 1/16 shots Vincent's in leinster club football championship today.

Vincent's were 1/3 to win leinster outright.

Comment

I got an amazon fire stick, downloaded kodi, covenant etc and ipvanish. when the vpn is switched on nothing will open. I can get into the TV shows section but nothing happens when I select any of the sections. Works when vpn is switched off, im living in germany and they are clamping down so really need to get it working before I can use it properly. Anyone have similar problems before? scrolled through a lot of forums and cannot seem to be a solid answer how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                  Rathnew of Wicklow knockout 1/16 shots Vincent's in leinster club football championship today.

Jaysus! Was talking to a lad last week who plays intermediate in Wicklow and he told me he thought Rathnew could win 'as long as they didn't let them turn it into a football match'

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    Jaysus! Was talking to a lad last week who plays intermediate in Wicklow and he told me he thought Rathnew could win 'as long as they didn't let them turn it into a football match'
                                                                                    Obviously time to split rathnew into two teams. Give everyone else a chance..

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

#WicklaSupremacy

They were telling me all week they are over priced and not too worried about them. I laughed. 8/1 they were this morning. Gay.

Comment

hungover, bored, dreaded sunday feelings?
                                                                                        look no futher than the sinners on netflix, fantastic hungover binge thriller, bonus features include jessica biel sweet ass.
                                                                                        pro tip: dont look up one iota, just press play and get the food in

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                          look no futher than the sinners on netflix, fantastic hungover binge thriller, bonus features include jessica biel sweet ass.
                                                                                          Watched it during the week and wasn't happy with it. No real story to it and the ending was lolbad

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                            Watched it during the week and wasn't happy with it. No real story to it and the ending was lolbad
                                                                                            thats part of its charm, serious laughs were had here at some scenes

Comment

northern ireland getting a few chances here

Comment

northern ireland getting a few chances here
                                                                                                http://www.navixsport.com/sport.php?...ppslklsyslksmx
                                                                                                ...Absolutely magnificent effort from Northern Ireland... Was shouting at the tv at the end, so close with clearance off the line...they didn't get through but feck they can be proud of themselves... I'd love to see us give that kinda performance on Tuesday night!!!...

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                    I got an amazon fire stick, downloaded kodi, covenant etc and ipvanish. when the vpn is switched on nothing will open. I can get into the TV shows section but nothing happens when I select any of the sections. Works when vpn is switched off, im living in germany and they are clamping down so really need to get it working before I can use it properly. Anyone have similar problems before? scrolled through a lot of forums and cannot seem to be a solid answer how to fix it.
                                                                                                    vpn on router or configured on the firestick?
                                                                                                    which vpn did you purchase>?
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

on a related note, the good place is perfect hangover/"boring couple who now sit in with volume at 12 on the tv incase we wake up toddler who has us both wrecked with a 100 yard stare" tv
                                                                                                      1.5 seasons on netflix devoured over the last 2 days

Comment

Cleveland Browns are amazing at finding ways to fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                          Cleveland Browns are amazing at finding ways to fuck up.
                                                                                                          A system set up to let poor teams get the best players and develop and they have still been shite since I started watching about 12 years ago. Thought they were gonna improve the year Josh Gordon stayed off the weed but no luck.
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Missed the first 2 episodes of 'Blue Planet 2'. Probably a bit un-PC, but I definitely have a preference for mammals over fishes.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                              Missed the first 2 episodes of 'Blue Planet 2'. Probably a bit un-PC, but I definitely have a preference for mammals over fishes.
                                                                                                              That's speciesist.

That will be a thing. The way things are going.
                                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                Lol at them using subtitles for the French lad speaking perfect English.

Comment

Can see the difference in marine behaviours now the cameramen dive on rebreathers. No bubbles and being able to dive shallow for hours has made sequences like the grouper spawning and the various hunts possible. Huge leaps in camera tech since last series too. Seeing the eggs on a mantis shrimp was awesome, love the colours on those.
                                                                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    vpn on router or configured on the firestick?
                                                                                                                    which vpn did you purchase>?
                                                                                                                    on the firestick and IPvanish. Tested it on my laptop and works fine, just not on firestick at all.

(Second Edit) got it working, changed the port from UDP to other option and seems to be running just fine now
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Trippie; 12-11-17, 22:29.

Comment

Still looking for 1 ticket for Ireland game if anyone happens to know of one going please snap it up, will buy you a pint or two
                                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                          He is continuing to play the same tune anyway... https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36281288.html
                                                                                                                          The truth is easy to remember.
                                                                                                                          "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X