Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    Best pubs in the wurrild obvs
    The best small country in the world for visiting an early house

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
      Surely can hike camp and also hunt in Ireland.
      The variety of animals one can massacre in Ireland is less varied always wanted to shoot a grizzly bear in the face.
      The only hunting you be doing Mick is pig hunting in early houses.
      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        What a day.
        On the way to work, about ten minutes from work, I got a coolant level alert in the car - temp gauge didn't go up but when I pulled up the reservoir was empty and I found a pipe coming out of the rad disconnected. Pain in the hole thing wasn't broken but was impossible to get enough leverage to click it back together without getting it lifted and using two hands.
        Ended up with no choice but to get it towed to the garage but sure all will be fine I'll get the train home the worst thing was that I left my running gear in the car so couldn't get out for the run I was hoping to get in today. Went ahead and booked a hotel for the weekend trip we were planning which was built around me doing some triathlon training and kicking back to watch the sport.

Coming into the train station I managed to twist my ankle on the steps and now I'm in fucking agony with my leg in the air and my plans to do tri Athy at the end of may looking unlikely
        FML
        Old man in vintage car problems
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

The variety of animals one can massacre in Ireland is less varied always wanted to shoot a grizzly bear in the face.
          Is this like the David Icke thing where people wonder if by "lizards" he means "Jews"?

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
            John Travolta makes a Sassy woman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZnt-0fEiT0
            Saw that in the cinema, it was a long couple of hours.
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I hope you get better strew! Sorry to hear it...

This used to annoy the hell out of my ex when I sang it ...esp with the actions!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                Saw that in the cinema, it was a long couple of hours.
                Yup I loved it ...which gives you a slight indication of how irritating in person I can truly be !

Comment

This is probably not a great example but in my drunken state on Saturday, I thought, this is why I love Dublin

RiRa's, Saturday night, the tunes are thumping out and the crowd are loving it.

The atmosphere is great but sure enough, the end of the night comes, the music stops and the lights come on.

A group of guys and girls start to chant 'One more tune' to the DJ box. Clearly nothing is going to happen as they are normally fairly strict on the time for the music. Not just RiRa's as far as i know but in general (but am open to correction)

So, with no tunes coming, the group decide to give everyone else one more tune and break out into Wonderwall.

No sooner are they finished, the DJ jumps back into the booth and sticks on Wonderwall

The place erupts.

It's the little things but I just don't think you get that kinda shit anywhere else.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup I loved it ...which gives you a slight indication of how irritating in person I can truly be !
                    You're my favourite poster (only joking chad).
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                      You're my favourite poster (only joking chad).
                      Lol

Here something we can all enjoy..you'll love this

Comment

No sooner are they finished, the DJ jumps back into the booth and sticks on Wonderwall
                        Was he trying to get people to go home
                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 05-04-17, 00:22.

Comment

Help required. Was cleaning stuff with a highly pungent bleach smelling solution using a rag which I then washed in machine with other clothes. Result everything smelling of solution and despite running machine empty with washing powder etc at highest heat, then running it with lemon juice then baking soda it still stinks of cleaning fluid. Getting major grief from wife. Options please appreciated other than new machine. It is fairly new

Comment

Hunting in Ireland is whittling away in recent years.
                            Licenses are getting more restricted, and even the critters are pissing off elsewhere.

Such is the logic of the MoJ. Drug dealers running around with handguns, better stop people hunting with completely different firearms that rarely (if ever) end up in the criminal hands.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                              Help required. Was cleaning stuff with a highly pungent bleach smelling solution using a rag which I then washed in machine with other clothes. Result everything smelling of solution and despite running machine empty with washing powder etc at highest heat, then running it with lemon juice then baking soda it still stinks of cleaning fluid. Getting major grief from wife. Options please appreciated other than new machine. It is fairly new
                              There is something called Oxiclean it takes chlorine out of water ...it basically turns bleach into an amino acid. I don't know if it's safe to use in a waching machine but other people have suggested it. You can get in Pet /Fish stores.

Also white vinegar. You might actually have to clean out the machine and give it a scrub. Or wash it a few times.

It's not a good sign if it picked up the smell and it's a new machine ..ideally the machine should be able to handle that. It is meant to get a little self wash every time.

I would say you are going to have to scrub it out. And run it once or twice. I would say it will be fine ...after a couple of washes.

I am assuming it's front loading?

Comment

God I am boring! Why do I know that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                  Hunting in Ireland is whittling away in recent years.
                                  Licenses are getting more restricted, and even the critters are pissing off elsewhere.

Such is the logic of the MoJ. Drug dealers running around with handguns, better stop people hunting with completely different firearms that rarely (if ever) end up in the criminal hands.
                                  You'd never hurt an animal surely. You don't fool me !

Comment

Tried fairy liquid. Fell asleep actually and just checked and all I can see is foam/bubbles. Didn't check for smell as I just want to go to bed. Yes it's front loading btw. 4th time lucky hopefully. Will know in morning

Comment

Good Luck ..i would say eventually it will be fine

Comment

Dunno about that, lots of animals worth shooting here, sure most are human and the whole murder thing is a hold back but hey. Laws are there to be broken.

Comment

You'd never hurt an animal surely. You don't fool me !
                                          I'd consider hunting a little broader (and deeper) than "hurting animals".
                                          Lots of people have a problem with hunting, but no problem eating meat. Personally I find that hypocritical, but to each their own.
                                          I suppose a vegetarian or vegan could oppose hunting hypocrisy free, but they've enough issue to juggle.

Comment

€1100 to play for in the Aintree Tipping Comp.

A smaller, but definitely more select and indeed well-bred field than Cheltenham.

Absolutely last chance saloon time for entries.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

This is interesting

http://democracynow.org - Naomi Klein has called the Trump administration a "corporate coup." The Washington Post reports, "86 percent of Trump counties mak...

Comment

Dublin is a an overpriced scumhole.keep sending those tax euros out west lads,ta!

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                  Dublin is a an overpriced scumhole.keep sending those tax euros out west lads,ta!
                                                  We would but there is nobody there to receive them. Something about Rathmines and bedsits was mentioned. Luxury I believe.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

If it's feasible for this to scale up it would be a planet scale game changer. We'll wait for our resident physicists to approve it before getting carried away.

It's research by some lads at Manchester uni who have created a sieve out of graphene that can filter the salt out of seawater.
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Definitely a big deal but whether it's scalable will take a long time to figure out. Geim won the Nobel prize for graphene so he knows what he's at!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                          Definitely a big deal but whether it's scalable will take a long time to figure out. Geim won the Nobel prize for graphene so he knows what he's at!
                                                          Has anything useful come from it since his work? I seen most of the posts on Reddit from people saying research has slowed down in the area and nothing has made it out of the labs of any real practical use.

Opr

Comment

Is everyone still in shock at finding out Barry Manilow is still alive?
                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Barry fucking Cowan and Donald fucking Trump
                                                              Now there is a pair of fuckwits for ya.

Comment

Ref had a mare in the Newcastle game. Newcastle score a pen, referee disallows it for encroachment and gives a free kick to Burton! If you pause it at the time of the kick, there's at least 3 Burton players inside the box too! Madness

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                  Has anything useful come from it since his work? I seen most of the posts on Reddit from people saying research has slowed down in the area and nothing has made it out of the labs of any real practical use.

Opr
                                                                  A shitload, but it's still so process incompatible that it may never deliver.

Comment

Ordered this tonight http://www.pcworld.ie/mobile/product...4533/396.0.3?&

But out of stock in Naas so came across this site

A steal

Thanks rigger for all the help!!
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

No wonder he sent Mandy away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                        While Dublin isn't perfect, I don't think I could live anywhere else in Ireland. I absolutely love to head out to the west of Ireland, but for a long weekend or maybe a week, I couldn't live there full time. The buzz and hum of the city will always draw me back and despite some of the problems it has, it's a class city. In fact, it's not really a city, it's a large town that acts like a city but it's brilliant.

Outside of Ireland, I'm not sure where I'd want to live. For a time, I would have lived in Australia, now it is too far from family and friends for me which is probably more abut my age than anything else. I absolutely adore New York but I don't think I could work and live, I could only live there if I was wealthy enough not to have to work and if that was the case, I probably still be tax resident in Ireland and travel the world a lot. The UK doesn't appeal to me at all. London would be the only real option and I had a chance to move there a while back and after weighing it all up, it just didn't add up for me

Paris or Madrid may be a viable option but the language barrier could be a problem (albeit initially) on the work front. Outside of that, Europe wise, I could only see myself in the south of France or Italy.

Toronto would probably be a good fit and a compromise on wanting a New York type lifestyle with not as much chaos

Either way, no matter where I'd end up, if I did ever leave, I know I would miss Dublin and Ireland a lot and would want to be coming back fairly often.
                                                                        I appreciate Dublin a lot more now than when I properly lived and grew up here. I have been lucky enough to visit a lot of capital cities and cities in general this decade and honestly Dublin is pretty outstanding on almost any measure albeit I look at this as primarily from a traveler perspective and without any kids which is obviously a pretty big caveat.
                                                                        Last edited by cooker3; 06-04-17, 18:10.

Comment

London Indian ish dance music from late 90's, please name them

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Thanks
                                                                            First thing I though of (although its 2001) was;
                                                                            Basement Jaxx - Romeo (2001) - Directed by Andy Hutch from the album "Rooty"Buy the album here http://bit.ly/x8K2IThttp://www.basementjaxx.com/http://www.fac...

Comment

Punjabi MC? Although his hit isn't that old.

Comment

Good Morning you wonderful people have a lovely day

Comment

If you are a cute potato guess what you are ?? :P

A cutie patootie !

Cute potato problems!

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                      Have a week in Madrid at the beginning of July. Just myself. Is there a particularly nice part of Madrid to stay in as a tourist? Never been there before.
                                                                                      I have been

La Latina is a place I loved. Very colorful. I was walking by a flea market and a man showed me a ring and wouldn't let me pay for it. Then someone put a parrot on my shoulder for like five mins and said bring him back later! :P

Last edited by Guest; 06-04-17, 07:14.

Comment

I have been

La Latina is a place I loved. Very colorful. I was walking by a flea market and a man showed me a ring and wouldn't let me pay for it. Then someone put a parrot on my shoulder for like five mins and said bring him back later! :P
                                                                                        La Latina only place in Madrid I felt like I could be robbed at any moment. That flea market was awful - the stuffed genuinely could have had fleas.

Stayed just off Puerta del Sol was excellent location. Great city loads to do.

Comment

Thanks
                                                                                          Asian Dub Foundation
                                                                                          Cornershop

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                            Gerald Kean has put his house on the market https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...37414?mode=amp
                                                                                            Its a bit mental. If you saw pictures of each room individually then you wouldn't suspect they were from the same house at all. Gotta admire him for it really, he probably moved in circles where bullshit talk of 'rooms complementing each other and correct use of light sources and spacial awareness' was rampant, but he just said fuck it and put up 30 football jerseys in 30 randomly sized frames.

Comment

Still, not the most attractive of interiors, is it? Nice big pile at the same time! I'm obviously becoming more and more like my parents as I get older, cause one of my first thoughts on reading that article and appreciating the size of the house is 'ooh, sure wouldn't it cost a fortune to heat it/general upkeep'!

Comment

Any house you can do a pub crawl in sounds aok.

Comment

Gerald Kean has put his house on the market https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...37414?mode=amp
                                                                                                  That man is several kinds of special.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                    Asian Dub Foundation
                                                                                                    Saw them supporting Primal Scream in the SFX, were an amazing live act

Comment

Will be down that neck of the woods next weekend, imagine there'd be no issue with having a snoop around

Comment

People going crazy about this story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-a-gay-clown/

I'm laughing reading it, even though it's really not a laughing matter if you're in Russia I suppose.

Comment

Touch of the Michael Smurfits about him

The wine cellar behind the stairs is replete with cheap white wine. Kean’s preference, red wine, is kept under lock and key.
                                                                                                          Who or what is he anyway?
                                                                                                          Is he a legal genius of some sort or is he just banother gobshite who mad a name for himself spinning up on property roulette?
                                                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 06-04-17, 09:52.

Comment

Thanks

brimful of asha by cornerstone- CHOOOONNNN

Brimful Of Asha is from the classic When I Was Born For The 7th Time album. It was John Peel's Festive 50 no.1 on BBC Radio 1 in 1997, and this version made...

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                              Is everyone still in shock at finding out Barry Manilow is still alive?
                                                                                                              I'm still recovering from the fact Picasso only died in 1973...

Comment

@Shambo: Kula Shaker?
                                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

...

Comment

Could have sworn it was ashes, not asha
                                                                                                                    Just as well you didn't have to then isn't it?

Comment

So massive "update" from the owners today.
                                                                                                                      Cost cutting across the board, not surprised always happens just before end of financial year. (which was usually end of october, now june. Just the scope of cuts was bigger than expected.
                                                                                                                      Long story short, I was made redundant today, meh.

Timing isn't ideal, but I don't care too much. I love working here, but my boss is a dick. I was also the only person in my position, so there's very little scope to progress.

I would of (or should of) moved on of my own accord eventually. So I'm just glad that I'm getting a severance rather than getting pissed off and quitting in 6 months.

Comment

Could have sworn it was ashes, not asha
                                                                                                                        Well you're not alone (see link at end)

‘Asha’ is a pun. It refers to Asha Bhosle, but the word also means “hope”. What does “hope” signify in this context? The movies and songs are in many ways a fantasy of something better than people’s own lives. For instance, Indian youth whose overbearing parents would never permit them to marry those they fall in love with may yet indulge themselves in the romances they see onscreen and hear about in these ballads. The “45”, for you of the CD player generation, is the 45 revolutions-per-minute record player.

Incidentally, the word ‘Asha’ is normally pronounced with both ‘a’s long, as in ‘father’. Tjinder, with his British accent, pronounces it like “Asher”, touchingly making the song both more and less genuine at the same time. As a result the refrain often gets misheard, sometimes in quite hilarious ways.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X