Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    S02E05 Was one of the best episodes of anything ever.

Would be quite happy to turn it off and walk away right now

Also a few days break between episodes is a good.
    I stopped on episode 4 last weekend. Strewel you rascal, you have me excited

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
      The Kenyan runner had been training prior to the race in Kenya it wasn't a weekend away. Hopefully the rules are changed going forward that the Irish winner should be a Irish passport holder.
      This is quite sad state of affairs that a runner based and living in Ireland roughly 7 years maybe more with an Irish citizenship cant qualify due to taking the race and running in general serious.
      Name a top distance runner that dosent train at altitude.

The 2016 national winner spend a long period throughtout the year abroad training at altitude.

Comment

Whatever you do, skip episode 7 of stranger things. Pointless shit episode and doesnt add anything to the season. You be way better off and the season is so much better if skipped.
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
          Whatever you do, skip episode 7 of stranger things. Pointless shit episode and doesnt add anything to the season. You be way better off and the season is so much better if skipped.
          I don't see the point in skipping episodes when the whole seasons dumps at once. It's 45 mins on the sofa, I've wasted more time getting sucked into infomercials.

It's annoying when you wait all week for the next TWD or whatever, and it's a filler episode. Two weeks between content is a bit. 45 mins I can live with.

GoT book reader waiting 6 years for GRRM must laugh at the above

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
            I don't see the point in skipping episodes when the whole seasons dumps at once. It's 45 mins on the sofa, I've wasted more time getting sucked into infomercials.

It's annoying when you wait all week for the next TWD or whatever, and it's a filler episode. Two weeks between content is a bit. 45 mins I can live with.

GoT book reader waiting 6 years for GRRM must laugh at the above
            Skip as in don't watch it... it is a standalone episode and a terrible one at that. Seeing it would only cheapen the whole watching of season two. Going from 6 to 8 is so much better. You wont miss anything honest.
            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Spoiler the stranger things talk guys. Would rather watch every episode with no info instead of knowing there may be a dud down the line. You always known that nothing good/informative/twisty etc is going to happen so it's a 60 minute spoiler.

Comment

Skip as in don't watch it... it is a standalone episode and a terrible one at that. Seeing it would only cheapen the whole watching of season two. Going from 6 to 8 is so much better. You wont miss anything honest.
                I was gonna reply that I can skip e7 on the rewatch in a few months. But then I realised that I could equally watch e7 on the rewatch.
                #FirstWordDilemmas

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                  Over in Berlin for a few days with work, and got taken out for lunch and dinner today by clients and did over 100e worth of steak here and here. Nothing short of outstanding!
                  What has it been like there? We almost went over to meet potential affiliates but just didn't get our shit together in time to justify it, which is a bit of a pity. I presume the conference space is rows and rows of pretty lame stands and that the nearby coffee shops/steak restaurants are full of deal making and smoozing?

Comment

Finished Mindhunter and thought it was excellent. Really looking forward to season 2

One thing

SPOILER
                    WTF is going on at the end? Did Kemper inject him with something and who is the guy burning the pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                      I can only buy 4 tickets together on ticketmaster for the Ireland vs South Africa game. Is there any way I can get 6 together?
                      Quick bump on this before I buy the tickets. Nothing on the Irishrugby.ie
                      The Fiji game is so cheap 17.50e for good seats, I'm away that weekend myself but that's pretty decent value I thought.

Comment

Funny that saying you have to be Irish to win the Irish national title is so controversial these days.

Suppose we already have a situation where you don't have to be a woman to play woman's sport so it's not to surprising.

Comment

So, we were down the coast at some wineries last month, actually end of September. Tasting liberally, much fun had by all. In the last place, We were chatting to the owners about looking for a place to grab food and they said there's nowhere before the next town. They also mentioned that they were trying to get planning permission for a cafe but the council was blocking them. I mentioned they should try X and also Y - and in my good form (aka plenty of wine) I left my email and said sent me a mail and Ill write them a quick letter.
                          I forgot about it but a few days later, sure enough Maureen sends me an email. I kinda put it off for a week and a half. But eventually I sat down with the laptop and made good on my promise. Wrote if a fairly detailed, well researched letter, a few hours half watching telly. Well, Maureen was delighted, and asked for my address so she could send me a case of wine as thanks - not what I was in it for, but I duly accepted and send on my address.
                          It's been 4weeks not and not a drop in sight? Again, not what I was angling for, but as it was offered, I feel like I'm missing something. What's my play here?
                          I can hardy ring up Maureen and complain my free wine never came. But on the other, what if it's waiting in a post office unknown to me?

Comment

So, we were down the coast at some wineries last month, actually end of September. Tasting liberally, much fun had by all. In the last place, We were chatting to the owners about looking for a place to grab food and they said there's nowhere before the next town. They also mentioned that they were trying to get planning permission for a cafe but the council was blocking them. I mentioned they should try X and also Y - and in my good form (aka plenty of wine) I left my email and said sent me a mail and Ill write them a quick letter.
                            I forgot about it but a few days later, sure enough Maureen sends me an email. I kinda put it off for a week and a half. But eventually I sat down with the laptop and made good on my promise. Wrote if a fairly detailed, well researched letter, a few hours half watching telly. Well, Maureen was delighted, and asked for my address so she could send me a case of wine as thanks - not what I was in it for, but I duly accepted and send on my address.
                            It's been 4weeks not and not a drop in sight? Again, not what I was angling for, but as it was offered, I feel like I'm missing something. What's my play here?
                            I can hardy ring up Maureen and complain my free wine never came. But on the other, what if it's waiting in a post office unknown to me?
                            I wouldn't personally ask to be honest.
                            I see your point about it sitting in an office somewhere though.
                            If you feel that is very much a possibility is there anything about what you did for her that you could email about again.
                            Maybe you could send her a follow up email to ask whether anything you sent her was helpful in the end?

I would personally leave it off and if it comes great and if not, no loss really. Perhaps she'll contact you for more info or to check if you got the wine.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                              I wouldn't personally ask to be honest.
                              I see your point about it sitting in an office somewhere though.
                              If you feel that is very much a possibility is there anything about what you did for her that you could email about again.
                              Maybe you could send her a follow up email to ask whether anything you sent her was helpful in the end?

I would personally leave it off and if it comes great and if not, no loss really. Perhaps she'll contact you for more info or to check if you got the wine.
                              See, it's tricky. If she has just chance her mind, or forgot, or was told she's not to send me anything. I'm ok with that, it's no big deal.
                              It's just that I'd be surprised if any of that was the case, so if it is sitting in a post office somewhere I'd be annoyed.

Comment

Hey Maureen,
                                I was called out of state/away from home/ on holiday etc etc for a few weeks.
                                I've had calls from other people saying packages were returned/trouble with post office
                                etc etc etc etc..
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                  Funny that saying you have to be Irish to win the Irish national title is so controversial these days.

Suppose we already have a situation where you don't have to be a woman to play woman's sport so it's not to surprising.
                                  The Daily Mail comments section called wanting their drivel back.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    The Daily Mail comments section called wanting their drivel back.
                                    The Guardian called looking for you.. oh no wait they banned comments.

Comment

The guy knew the rules.
                                      "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                      "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                        The guy knew the rules.
                                        Have you made a bid for the Warehouse full of Jedward games yet?

This pic could only be greater if it were Kayroo in the middle
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ffs it takes time. The grapes have to be picked, several teenage girls dance on them then a whilesaway down the process they get bottled. Takes longer than 4 weeks. Did you pay any attention. Sit tight imo.

Comment

Ffs it takes time. The grapes have to be picked, several teenage girls dance on them then a whilesaway down the process they get bottled. Takes longer than 4 weeks. Did you pay any attention. Sit tight imo.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                              ...Yeah that's the same girl... Tbh, the only person I'd leave her for is the one I'm obsessed with,..I would never cheat on her or anything like that... but I know it does sounds horrible the fact I'd be willing to end it if I could get with the other girl... I fight with that emotion all the time, and always hope I would move on and settle down... We basically live together nut I don't know how much longer it'll last... the thought of ending it is hard because I know how much it'll hurt her and it's the last thing I want to it...
                                              ...But I get what you mean by I probably should end it...
                                              ...I'll always share ��... not much update or anything interesting... So the girl I'm obsessed with, that never materialized at all...She's moved on and in moved in with someone else, (nearly a year since that happened)... I'm with my Gf 18 months, had been going great until last month and had a lovely trip to New York and Las Vegas...but since we got back 2 weeks ago, I've been all all over the place and struggling...We came extremely close to breaking up last Saturday, because I told her I never want children or marriage and she reckons I'm afraid of commitment which is probably true... So it'll be interesting to see if it lasts, I'll be surprised if it does because I probably should be on my own to desk with things...
                                              ...I also love to date, love to chat to women etc...I've also never had a one night stand which is something I wish I did, just to say I did it...so a big part of me wants to be single again...
                                              ...And thank you...Therapy helps so much...nearly 4 years now, and I'm sure I'd be dead if I didn't have her in my life...I would recommend it to absolutely anyone that is struggling for any reason...I'd even pay for you if Money was the reason you couldn't do it...
                                              Think you are doing her and yourself no favours. How can you expect a woman to be happy after you state that you wont be doing marriage or kids, it is a lot to take in and you need to be some guy if a woman who wants these things is willing to sacrifice it all for you.

Sounds like you have never met the right person, it is common to think these things till you do, then BAM suddenly you want more from the relationship.
                                              I had not planned on having any more kids after I split with my ex and marriage was a def no no. And here I am, In Malta with a husband and another kid. I was so sure on the kids thing I asked to be sterilised.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                              Over in Berlin for a few days with work, and got taken out for lunch and dinner today by clients and did over 100e worth of steak here and here. Nothing short of outstanding!
                                              CUNT

Need to get our arses together and get to one like that! I am sure my work would have been happy to go if they weren't so far away, so I will need to go next time and represent them!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                How can you expect a woman to be happy after you state that you wont be doing marriage or kids, it is a lot to take in and you need to be some guy if a woman who wants these things is willing to sacrifice it all for you.
                                                You say how can she be happy if he doesn't want kids. But why not how can he be happy if she wants kids?

Not everyone wants kids. It's not the norm of course, but it's not a overruled if the other person wants kids imo. If it's an irreconcilable difference, of course it's a doomed relationship. But no side is wrong, just incompatible.

Comment

You say how can she be happy if he doesn't want kids. But why not how can he be happy if she wants kids?

Not everyone wants kids. It's not the norm of course, but it's not a overruled if the other person wants kids imo. If it's an irreconcilable difference, of course it's a doomed relationship. But no side is wrong, just incompatible.
                                                  But my point was IF a woman wants kids she is giving up a lot to be with a man who doesn't.

I know woman who don't want kids and I know ones that do. You are best finding a partner with the same wants as it will only bring discord into the relationship in the future as you are accepting someone elses life goals for your own and making a lot of sacrifices.

If a guy REALLY doesn't want kids, move on, find the right person. I would not be happy to have stayed with a guy who made it clear he didn't want a family when I did.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                      Leo is a very positive force on twitter. Really like his way of communicating, as anathema as that is to say about a politician.
                                                      He needs to get with the Trump program and start using Twitter as it's meant to be used!
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

In case people don't know there are tickets on ticketmaster for an LCD Soundsystem gig in Malahide next June.

They were due to go on sale at 9 this morning, I totally spaced out but they are still available which I'm a bit surprised about.

Comment

But my point was IF a woman wants kids she is giving up a lot to be with a man who doesn't.
                                                          I understood that, but my point was if a man (or a woman) doesn't want kids he is giving up just as much to be with someone who does. It goes both way equally. Your post came across as if L4S position was inferior.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                            In case people don't know there are tickets on ticketmaster for an LCD Soundsystem gig in Malahide next June.

They were due to go on sale at 9 this morning, I totally spaced out but they are still available which I'm a bit surprised about.
                                                            wasn't there myself, but heard the gig in London last month was phenomenal!

Comment

Shall be in need of one Ireland home ticket for Denmark game. If you hear of one going please snap it up and I'll give you a tenner for your troubles whoever you are kind soul.
                                                              Am off travelling for a week so will be without much internet to purchase one
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Leo is a very positive force on twitter. Really like his way of communicating, as anathema as that is to say about a politician.
                                                                Noticed something very unexpected when I went to his twitter page to check what he had been saying...

SPOILER

Must be into GAA betting or something.

Comment

Oh and if more than one person buys one I'll still give ya the monies, want one badly but 2 would be cool too.

Lastly, if anyone knows any really random cool places in Munich or anywhere between Munich and Copenhagen let me know. Shall be driving shortly and can make more some detours
                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I understood that, but my point was if a man (or a woman) doesn't want kids he is giving up just as much to be with someone who does. It goes both way equally. Your post came across as if L4S position was inferior.
                                                                    I am not saying it is inferior. What I am saying is BOTH need to be in agreement. Don't have kids unless you want to. If two people want different things then I don't think they are truly compatible. It is nothing to do with him giving something up and having kids when he doesn't want to. He gives up the woman imo and let her be free to have the life she wants.

This is something that L4S has to work out with her. The way he posted she isn't the one for him as he is hankering over another woman and sounds like the present girl is a stop gap. So my opinion is he should let her go IF her plans are that she 100% wants a family etc.

Comment

Hey, does anyone know if Paul The Hangman Roper is still on the poker scene? Probably a name most of the old timers here haven't heard in years (a decade?) but by chance something came up in work today and I needed to evoke him to serve as an example of 'here's where I've seen this before'. Wonder if he's still playing...

Comment

Got some earlier, 75 yo yo's a pop is a bit steep but the gig in the Olympia a few weeks back was all kinds of amazement.

No interest in Liam Gallagher but wouldn't mind getting tickets to Gorillaz as well.

Comment

I miss the days of the kitchen spam. This new stuff isn't as endearing.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                            Hey, does anyone know if Paul The Hangman Roper is still on the poker scene? Probably a name most of the old timers here haven't heard in years (a decade?) but by chance something came up in work today and I needed to evoke him to serve as an example of 'here's where I've seen this before'. Wonder if he's still playing...
                                                                            There's a blast from the past, he cashed in an event in killarney in Sept so still playing

Comment

...

Comment

I am not saying it is inferior. What I am saying is BOTH need to be in agreement. Don't have kids unless you want to. If two people want different things then I don't think they are truly compatible. It is nothing to do with him giving something up and having kids when he doesn't want to. He gives up the woman imo and let her be free to have the life she wants.
                                                                                I agree that if they aren't compatible they should knock it on the head.
                                                                                I don't think you were intentionally saying it's inferior, just a tone that was coming across. The whole "maybe you just haven't met the right girl" thing would have been rolled out for a dose of the gay in times past.

But sure, wtf do I know. I'm lying in bed, drinking whisky, alone. Not like I know what I'm doing.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Thats mad! He only follows less than 2% of people who follow him, so you've clearly been selected in some way.
                                                                                      Yeah going to try and figure out how it happened for the lols.

Comment

Those robot sex dolls. Just wondering what you’d think if you caught your other half bet into a male robot doll? Would you feel cheated? Would you run off with a woman robot doll to get even? It seems we are entering (pardon the pun) into a crazier than ever phase of human existence. If they manage to get robot dolls of Westworld standard , even the polish wimmin in the centra might lose our early morning leers. Then what. If they do make Westworld standard robots, I want a Yul Brynner type and send him after people who cut me off on the M50.

I wouldn’t ride him though as I’m not into that type o thing. I’m not robophobic or anything. Come back to me in 10 years, I might consider a Scarlet Johanson robot, that’s if they do get to Westworld Standard. I’d love a rat killing robot cat though, or maybe just a lazer gun. (westworld standard only accepted)

Comment

Glad to see the title of 'Most sex-obsessed auld lad on IPB' is now in safe hands.
                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                            Oh and if more than one person buys one I'll still give ya the monies, want one badly but 2 would be cool too.

Lastly, if anyone knows any really random cool places in Munich or anywhere between Munich and Copenhagen let me know. Shall be driving shortly and can make more some detours
                                                                                            "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              Glad to see the title of 'Most sex-obsessed auld lad on IPB' is now in safe hands.
                                                                                              I'm a porn again ol lad.

Comment

What the fuck is "westworld standard"?

Comment

Now I've got your attention.

Wanna buy a kitchen ?

Comment

I agree that if they aren't compatible they should knock it on the head.
                                                                                                    I don't think you were intentionally saying it's inferior, just a tone that was coming across. The whole "maybe you just haven't met the right girl" thing would have been rolled out for a dose of the gay in times past.

But sure, wtf do I know. I'm lying in bed, drinking whisky, alone. Not like I know what I'm doing.
                                                                                                    I wasn't trying to come across that way. But I do think that you will not be thinking marriage/babies with someone who isn't right for you. Lads often get trapped when the woman gets pregnant and it wasn't what they wanted.

I remember being told by Tony when we first met that he didn't "do" the whole holding hands/ affection thing in public. It didn't bother me. But once we were together a while that changed. So maybe he didn't feel he wanted to with other woman till he met me? who knows.

I am just showing how people can change when they meet someone they really want to be with.

Comment

The tv show. Just before you get too excited

Comment

Yeah going to try and figure out how it happened for the lols.
                                                                                                        you tweeted that picture of that player after kerrys gaa win, without his shirt on.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                          The tv show. Just before you get too excited
                                                                                                          Ah here. The movie.

Yul Brynner had the feet walked off himself

Comment

new thread title

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                                              new thread title
                                                                                                              Suggestions welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                Suggestions welcome.
                                                                                                                ...New Thread title coming soon...

...This is my suggestion...

Comment

...New Thread title coming soon...

...This is my suggestion...
                                                                                                                  I love it
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Simple but effective

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                      Suggestions welcome.

Comment

anyone have a link for glasgow leinster? my usual go to place seems to be down.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                          anyone have a link for glasgow leinster? my usual go to place seems to be down.
                                                                                                                          6:14 Tús | Start1:03:40 Dara Leath | 2nd HalfCraoladh beo ar Glasgow Warriors v Laighin as Staid Scotstoun san ochtú babhta den tSraith Guinness PRO...

Live on youtube

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X