Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spurs games are always fun to watch, epic performance here.
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

That should cheer the Catalans

Comment

This is absolutely amazing , dont scroll watch the video

next instalment:

Photographer Donal Moloney has been following Martin’s story for years. Here, he finds a wonderful ending.

would love to know the background of Martin very well spoken , seems at some points traces of a foreign accent too?
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

That was really nice Michelle. I would hazard a guess at a Dutch accent maybe ?
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
            That was really nice Michelle. I would hazard a guess at a Dutch accent maybe ?
            thought maybe french , deffo came from a good background. thought it was beautiful. such a lovely man .
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Bless the ol geezer

Comment

If ye read the article, you'll see he's from Dallas, Texas and moved to Ireland when he was 8...

Great story though, too often there isn't a happy ending

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                  so this Gary O'Hanlon marathon runner guy has been promoted to "national champion" as yer man Freddy wasn't living here for 6 consecutive months in advance of the race or some such nonsense. As you were.
                  I thought he had need here for years running at Parkruns or whatever?

Comment

sounds like he went to Newcastle for a weekend, imo.
                    Well I hope they checked Gary O'Hanlon's holiday photos on Facebook while they were at it.

Comment

RWC fixtures.

Ireland vs Scotland, 8:45am September 22nd - International Stadium, Yokohama
                      Ireland vs Japan, 8:15am September 28th - Shizuoka Stadium Ecopa
                      Ireland vs Europe 1, 11:15am October 3rd - Kobe Misaki Stadium
                      Ireland vs Play-off winner, 11:45am October 12th, Hakatanomori Football Stadium

Presumably the schedule that people wanted after complaints the last time that playing the hardest group games in G3 and G4 put us on the backfoot for the knockouts.

Games are Sunday, Saturday, Thursday, (then a 10 day break) Sunday, so only the third game (likely Romania) is awkward for tv watching.
                      Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 02-11-17, 10:17.

Comment

Do we know what the knockout stage draw is?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                          Do we know what the knockout stage draw is?
                          Aye, top two in our group against the top two teams in the NZ/South Africa/Italy group.

Comment

The Seth Abramson guy linked to a few days ago (Hitch?) is really good to follow for joining the dots on the Mueller indictment stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                              Aye, top two in our group against the top two teams in the NZ/South Africa/Italy group.
                              Winning the group is important then obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                The Seth Abramson guy linked to a few days ago (Hitch?) is really good to follow for joining the dots on the Mueller indictment stuff.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson
                                Mise. Interesting posting alright, love the amount of Sanders lies he debunked with stuff previously said by someone from Trump administration. He needs a blog or something tho those 50 tweet threads get annoying
                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                  Mise. Interesting posting alright, love the amount of Sanders lies he debunked with stuff previously said by someone from Trump administration. He needs a blog or something tho those 50 tweet threads get annoying
                                  Yeah it can be hard to follow alright. There's a site here that let's you put in the URL of any tweet in a thread and it will grab the whole thing for you in a more readable form. May be of use.

Thread Reader helps you read and share the best of Twitter Threads

I believe it was PSV a few months ago on a rant against the idiotic UI on twitter that means that when you click on a picture it actually gets smaller. That's just one of a number of ways in which the whole twitter set-up and whoever was behind it should be shot straight into the sun.

Comment

Quality.
                                    'His memo recorded the twins appeared "to lose interest" after about an hour started "running around the house" and eating fruit.'
                                    "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                    "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Mr Noonan had ordered 40,000 wristbands in eight types from China in 2011 for which he paid €97,000.
                                      2.50 per wristband from china, quite the businessman.

also 7k bitcoin hype shrewder businessman
                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 02-11-17, 13:02.

Comment

The Kenyan runner had been training prior to the race in Kenya it wasn't a weekend away. Hopefully the rules are changed going forward that the Irish winner should be a Irish passport holder.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Merchandise remains stored in a facility in Co Donegal
                                            Sounds like an opportunity for a cat with gumption to hunt down.
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Pretty happy with the current trend of making approx. €200 a day.

Comment

2.50 per wristband from china, quite the businessman.
                                                bet they didnt even cartwheel
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  Loads of Irish people have British passports due to the flows between the two countries, so maybe we should specify that the rule only applies to black people so theres no scope for misunderstanding.
                                                  Originally posted by random boardsie
                                                  if Freddy came second he’d keep his silver medal as these “rules” only apply to national title holder. By winning he ends up with nothing, and allows the 4th place runner (Scullion) to take bronze (who would have ended up with nothing had Freddy been 2nd.

It's ok for a black lad to be runner up as it were, just dont be getting notions about being number 1
                                                  Last edited by DeadParrot; 02-11-17, 14:27.
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 02-11-17, 14:58.

Comment

Loads of Irish people have British passports due to the flows between the two countries, so maybe we should specify that the rule only applies to black people so theres no scope for misunderstanding.
                                                      If you move to Ireland to live, join a club and start running you should be eligible. The 6 month rule is perfect as it is in my opinion.
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Uggghh, having to do a review of your boss and then present it to him in person is painful.

Comment

Gary, Freddy and some bloke from Raheny Shamrocks on Liveline now.
                                                          That was a valuable reminder of why it is a good thing that the type of people who get involved into sports administration have those outlets for their talents. Otherwise the sort of arseclowns who run Athletics Ireland would turn to real politics.

Comment

Disagree didn't think you were a racist Hitch.

Comment

...Was close to pulling the trigger on a Fit Bit Charge 2; been told value for money they are the best at about 150usd... however seen the fitbit iconic... looks good but double the price...anyone here have a recommendation on which to get?. The iconic one would want to be seriously better for the price...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                ...Was close to pulling the trigger on a Fit Bit Charge 2; been told value for money they are the best at about 150usd... however seen the fitbit iconic... looks good but double the price...anyone here have a recommendation on which to get?. The iconic one would want to be seriously better for the price...
                                                                On a related note when did it become acceptable to wear gps running watches into work (or fitbits for that matter?)

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                  On a related note when did it become acceptable to wear gps running watches into work (or fitbits for that matter?)
                                                                  ...I was hoping to pull off the watch on left wrist and fit bit on right wrist, so people will really know I'm now a fit bit owner 😀😂...

Comment

...Therapist advised deactivating my facebook again this morning, and try stay off it for 6 weeks...Should be a fun thing to do...I rarely post, just look and stalk other people's accounts lol...
                                                                    ... I reckon I'll end up increasing my post count here for the next while, although hopefully not on P+F levels of posting...#fairwarning...

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                      Uggghh, having to do a review of your boss and then present it to him in person is painful.
                                                                      Great job boss . Thumbs up . Pub .

Comment

...Therapist advised deactivating my facebook again this morning, and try stay off it for 6 weeks.
                                                                        He/She’s a keeper,delete it

Comment

...Therapist advised deactivating my facebook again this morning, and try stay off it for 6 weeks...Should be a fun thing to do...I rarely post, just look and stalk other people's accounts lol...
                                                                          ... I reckon I'll end up increasing my post count here for the next while, although hopefully not on P+F levels of posting...#fairwarning...
                                                                          Always enjoy your posts anyway.. Any updates on the past/current girlfriends? Only if you want to share obviously.. Best of luck with the therapy. Hope you're keeping well.

Comment

Charge 2 should be more than enough for you. Only thing that is slightly annoying is lack of GPS.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                              Always enjoy your posts anyway.. Any updates on the past/current girlfriends? Only if you want to share obviously.. Best of luck with the therapy. Hope you're keeping well.
                                                                              ...I'll always share ��... not much update or anything interesting... So the girl I'm obsessed with, that never materialized at all...She's moved on and in moved in with someone else, (nearly a year since that happened)... I'm with my Gf 18 months, had been going great until last month and had a lovely trip to New York and Las Vegas...but since we got back 2 weeks ago, I've been all all over the place and struggling...We came extremely close to breaking up last Saturday, because I told her I never want children or marriage and she reckons I'm afraid of commitment which is probably true... So it'll be interesting to see if it lasts, I'll be surprised if it does because I probably should be on my own to desk with things...
                                                                              ...I also love to date, love to chat to women etc...I've also never had a one night stand which is something I wish I did, just to say I did it...so a big part of me wants to be single again...
                                                                              ...And thank you...Therapy helps so much...nearly 4 years now, and I'm sure I'd be dead if I didn't have her in my life...I would recommend it to absolutely anyone that is struggling for any reason...I'd even pay for you if Money was the reason you couldn't do it...
                                                                              Last edited by luckforsome; 02-11-17, 20:02.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                Charge 2 should be more than enough for you. Only thing that is slightly annoying is lack of GPS.
                                                                                ...Yeah was thinking that...I'm not a fitness fanatic Or anything like it...Charge 2 it likely will be...

Comment

@Luckforsome, is that the same gf you were willing to drop before if anything with the one you're obsessed with materialised?

She sounds very disposable to you and kinda like a safe option until something better comes along... Probably best ending it based on your posts.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

I can only buy 4 tickets together on ticketmaster for the Ireland vs South Africa game. Is there any way I can get 6 together?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                      @Luckforsome, is that the same gf you were willing to drop before if anything with the one you're obsessed with materialised?

She sounds very disposable to you and kinda like a safe option until something better comes along... Probably best ending it based on your posts.
                                                                                      ...Yeah that's the same girl... Tbh, the only person I'd leave her for is the one I'm obsessed with,..I would never cheat on her or anything like that... but I know it does sounds horrible the fact I'd be willing to end it if I could get with the other girl... I fight with that emotion all the time, and always hope I would move on and settle down... We basically live together nut I don't know how much longer it'll last... the thought of ending it is hard because I know how much it'll hurt her and it's the last thing I want to it...
                                                                                      ...But I get what you mean by I probably should end it...

Comment

...Yeah that's the same girl... Tbh, the only person I'd leave her for is the one I'm obsessed with,..I would never cheat on her or anything like that... but I know it does sounds horrible the fact I'd be willing to end it if I could get with the other girl... I fight with that emotion all the time, and always hope I would move on and settle down... We basically live together nut I don't know how much longer it'll last... the thought of ending it is hard because I know how much it'll hurt her and it's the last thing I want to it...
                                                                                        In fairness id dump my wife if Emily ratajkowski came calling

Comment

She'll get over it. Tbh you have to man up.
                                                                                          Stick on Paul Brady's the long goodbye. Hug her and walk out the door . Don't wuss out and look back. She will probably meet a new man soon or get involved in medieval reenactment battles.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                            She snores

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                              She snores
                                                                                              Only when extremely sexually dissatisfied
                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                She grew up in Cork. Ew.

Comment

...
                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

ffs, have ye all been sleeping with emily too? That snoring slag.
                                                                                                    emily ?

Comment

@L4S, broke up with my last gf cos I don't want kids and was meh to marriage. Fact was i had to leave and let her get on with her life. We were together for 5 years. She's still single but happy enough doing her own thing for now afaik and I moved to Meath and live with an amazing woman who I'd be lost without.

Basically, leave your gf if yer not on the same wavelength and it sounds like you wanna be single anyway and she's just handy to have around

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                        @L4S, broke up with my last gf cos I don't want kids and was meh to marriage. Fact was i had to leave and let her get on with her life. We were together for 5 years. She's still single but happy enough doing her own thing for now afaik and I moved to Meath and live with an amazing woman who I'd be lost without.

Basically, leave your gf if yer not on the same wavelength and it sounds like you wanna be single anyway and she's just handy to have around
                                                                                                        Whats it like moving back in with your parents? I have heard stories about it being tougher when older.

Comment

You've like an open goal for an obvious comeback dobby. Please take it
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                              Whats it like moving back in with your parents? I have heard stories about it being tougher when older.
                                                                                                              Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                              You've like an open goal for an obvious comeback dobby. Please take it
                                                                                                              Lol. Let him have his moment. Not often he gets to make a funny post

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                Holy shit... stranger things is really delivering. Bit of a slow start but episodes 5 and 6 are really awesome.
                                                                                                                S02E05 Was one of the best episodes of anything ever.

Would be quite happy to turn it off and walk away right now

Also a few days break between episodes is a good.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                  S02E05 Was one of the best episodes of anything ever.

Would be quite happy to turn it off and walk away right now

Also a few days break between episodes is a good.
                                                                                                                  My old housemates have been talking get about it in our chat group. They all said it just explodes into life in episode 5 and 6. I stopped on episode 4 today. May just binge it tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                                    The Kenyan runner had been training prior to the race in Kenya it wasn't a weekend away. Hopefully the rules are changed going forward that the Irish winner should be a Irish passport holder.
                                                                                                                    What if Garry O'Hanlon (or any other citizen*) spent some time away in a training camp. Should he lose his eligibility?

*I presume you meant citizen, not just passport holders.

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                    If you move to Ireland to live, join a club and start running you should be eligible. The 6 month rule is perfect as it is in my opinion.
                                                                                                                    I'm fine with it being open to genuine residents and not restricting to citizens. But I personally feel 6 months is too short.

I'm just basing that on my own situation though. In the new year I'll hopefully be competing in a big event where I could qualify for a World championships in Dubai. I have to enter under my Australian passport, which is no problem now, but it took a few years. If I qualify over some local, they'd have zero grounds to complain at this point.

Charge2 is grand unless you need a GPS and phone won't cut it.

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                    Wearing a fitbit is fine, they are designed to be worn 24/7.
                                                                                                                    I'd have assumed that GPS running watches are intended more for actual running, but not 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                      My old housemates have been talking get about it in our chat group. They all said it just explodes into life in episode 5 and 6. I stopped on episode 4 today. May just binge it tomorrow
                                                                                                                      mia 9 hours flat watching it , loved it .
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Over in Berlin for a few days with work, and got taken out for lunch and dinner today by clients and did over 100e worth of steak here and here. Nothing short of outstanding!

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                          mia 9 hours flat watching it , loved it .
                                                                                                                          Sister did the same. Class show in fairness

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X