Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Not sure if my landlord is being deliberately dim or not. Sent me a screenshot of the rtb calculatior using the value for a new tenancy rather than an existing tenancy. Obv the former is higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        ah, you might be right. My money was on it being about Dungeons and Dragons.
        I'm going with DJ'ing.

Comment

Interview with Kilkenny stripper Fifi on pages 4&5 of the Mirror for those who can't get enough of the story. Claims she met up with some more of the lads the following night for extra bj's.
          Reckons she's 32 years old, comedy genius.

Comment

How did the daughter of an Iona member manage to become an SU President?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
              Probably a bit like Ronan Mullen getting a University senate spot - most people don't care. You'd imagine most normies would vote against an Iona thug, but most normies probably don't vote.

Comment

I wasn't expecting them to hit the quota for the impeachment alright.

Comment

we'll just wait for 5star to come along and tell us what this means
                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  Assuming it's some obscure exhibition of modern art at IMMA.
                  ah, you might be right. My money was on it being about Dungeons and Dragons.
                  Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                  I'm going with DJ'ing.
                  For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

zuutroy gets the goldfish
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    http://bfy.tw/Ehye

zuutroy gets the goldfish
                    I took it that Raoul and Hitch were joking and knew, no?

The only thing Eamo talks about more than the airport is the twins DJs.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                      Strandhill I'd say. Not easy to get to 2 out there. Spend a few summers grinding myself don't ever remember getting lower than 16
                      That's the one, life was golf after I got a sports injury, even being a caddy or ball watcher when I wasn't playing, or finding hundreds of golf balls in the rough alongside the beach. So many hours jusr spend praxticing getting spin on the ball from bunkers, great Craic. I think it was the sheer amount of times we played there trying to beat each other, and the that it is a shorter course. I had a rougher time of it the couple times I played rosses point.

My better brother had this one iron called "the doctor", dont know how he used the fucker.

Wonder has by broken elbow from the car crash fucked up my swing
                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 27-10-17, 09:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                        I would suggest the over analysers are bollocks. Its quite simple really, men are predatory bastards and wimmin are overreactionary bitches . However most men don't give in to their predratory instinct and most wimmin don't get sexually abused.
                        This troubles both sides as the men who manage to control themselves feel slighted to be compared and the wimmin who don't get abused are outraged that it was a possibility but mostly that they are all a bad situation from an attack from a normal horny joe. Imagine what would happen if Helen Mirren fell asleep on SPs couch. hmm probably say a poem to her.

now if someone could direct me to the hills I believe the pitchforks are being sharpened.
                        My original post was a bit tongue in cheek but my thoughts are. Of course most women are not being sexually abused. There is a high rate of it but the average bloke isn’t actually sexually abusing women . I base it on the facts that.

1.A HUGE percentage of women will simply not tolerate it. I’d like to see someone try it with nearly every woman I know.

2. The line of what is sexual abuse these days is just silly (as your rape the table example clearly displays, you are silly)

3. Ask yourself if you would do it , have ever done it, what makes you so special,* NOTHING.

4. The world (western anyway)* has never been a safer place for women* in terms of rights/respect/career etc.

We need to be careful that us men don’t get painted into a corner where we can’t even fart in the same room as a women without being thought of as an abuser It’s tougher being a woman than a man in a sexual sense but let’s not devalue the suffering of those who suffered real sexual abuse by placing every little comment however sexual as abuse.

Mostly I’m not interested in the male outrage though. Its always so fucking patronising to women .They are not weak and don't need you to protect them .
                        You have no idea at all what it would be like, as a woman i thought I would never tolerate that sort of shit but when it came own to it I couldn't handle it. For me it was the following...

He used to come up behind my chair, look around to make sure no one else was there, put his fucking hand done to my leg and creep towards the top. I refused to wear skirts, always trousers. Saying in my ear that it isn't sexual harasment as surely ignoring me as a woman was more sexual harassment than what he was doing. I can still feel his breath on my face, it was fucking the most horrendous experience and I let it happen.

I did not LIKE it and was pretty damn scared. I needed my job to help pay a mortgage, he was a popular guy in the community, who would believe me? all that is what went through my head. I told my ex eventually and he basically told me to stick it out as the boss had been good to us with doing things for the house we built. SO I stuck it out till I split with the ex.

So I call BS on your statements Willie strong woman CAN crumble and be victims. And sometimes woman DO need a man to protect them.

Comment

Oooh, Stranger things is back, and things are more strange. Enjoyable strong 1st episode,.
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                            Oooh, Stranger things is back, and things are more strange. Enjoyable strong 1st episode,.
                            Oh good! looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                              Welcome to Postmodernist Critical Gender theory With AFB (PMCGTWAFB)

This is the rape culture pyramid:

As you can see from the pyramid, banter is actually the same thing as rape
                              No I can't see that, the picture doesn't say that and neither does anyone who isn't a moron.

What it does say is just common sense, a pervasive culture of misogyny normalises and excuses
                              Which bits of the bottom two layers of the picture are you ok with

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                              This isn't some whacky fringe idea manifested only on Tumblr. This is mainstream feminism as taught in gender studies classes all over the world. Primarily this was developed in American humanities depts, but it has spread from there into the general discourse.
                              Aa I say I don't see that there is not a lot wrong with that diagram per se but just because there is a radical element who are very vocal it does not mean that their ideas are taken as fact by a majority of feminists.
                              They teach theology in universities too you know.
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"Women won't tolerate it" is madness. It's the opposite. It's an inundation of comments, catcalls, groping etc your whole life, they have to tolerate it. When I had a broken arm I felt fairly vulnerable everywhere I went at night, once I went to the George with my friend and jaysus the harassment I got. I then felt I was fully receiving the female night out experience.

What precautions do people think about when going out like that? I take absolutely none, half the world isnt easily twice as strong as me and people arent constantly harassing me. if I ask a female friend the list is a mile long, down to never taking their eye off their drink. See a post on my Facebook now asking how many dick pics have people gotten, the replies are typically in the hundreds with far more weird messages about fucking them, calling them a whore or raping them too. Its funny that when im walking with a girl there are like zero comments or catcalls, second people think they are on their own it's a 180. Dudes have a weird fascination with telling girls to smile afterwards too. Also the amount of outright staring is fairly freaky.
                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 27-10-17, 10:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                  What precautions do people think about when going out like that? I take absolutely none, half the world isnt easily twice as strong as me and constantly harassing me. if I ask a female friend the list is a mile long, down to never taking their eye off their drink. See a post on my Facebook now asking how many dick pics have people gotten, the replies are typically in the hundreds with far more weird messages about fucking them, calling them a whore or raping them too. Its funny that when im walking with a girl there are like zero comments or catcalls, second people think they are on their it's a 180. Also the amount of outright staring is fairly freaky.
                                  Years ago before I moved to Ireland I was on a nightout with a female friend who was in her early 40's. I was maybe 29 at the time. I went to the local night club in Carndonagh and the next day at breakfast we were chatting. I had no recollection at all from about 11.30 onwards, nothing, could remember everything up till then. Was drinking cider just which I can handle no bother and then suddenly a total blank. It scared me as I expected to have some memories. She said I suddenly seemed really drunk and she got us a taxi and we went home. I was staying at hers.

She thinks and I agree, something was put in my drink, especially as time went on and still no flashbacks at all. Just about 3 hours gone and a sleep I have nothing I could report back on. Just a blank.

I was very careful about my drinks after that, would never leave it sitting on the high bar bit at the dance floor etc. And it is a shame that it has to be this way.

Comment

Sounds horrendous MrsFD.

The fact you managed to still show up for work is astonishing.

No need to answer if you don't like but did you ever report the fucker or even think of doing so still?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                      You have no idea at all what it would be like, as a woman i thought I would never tolerate that sort of shit but when it came own to it I couldn't handle it. For me it was the following...

He used to come up behind my chair, look around to make sure no one else was there, put his fucking hand done to my leg and creep towards the top. I refused to wear skirts, always trousers. Saying in my ear that it isn't sexual harasment as surely ignoring me as a woman was more sexual harassment than what he was doing. I can still feel his breath on my face, it was fucking the most horrendous experience and I let it happen.

I did not LIKE it and was pretty damn scared. I needed my job to help pay a mortgage, he was a popular guy in the community, who would believe me? all that is what went through my head. I told my ex eventually and he basically told me to stick it out as the boss had been good to us with doing things for the house we built. SO I stuck it out till I split with the ex.

So I call BS on your statements Willie strong woman CAN crumble and be victims. And sometimes woman DO need a man to protect them.
                                      Sorry about that bastard. I would like 10 mins with him. I'm willing to concede my point purely on the basis that I'm rattling the wrong cages . Any of my sisters would have jabbed him with a compass to the eye though. I've no doubt.
                                      Your ex sounds like a poor excuse for a person

Comment

I genuinely had no idea. Still don't!
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I genuinely had no idea. Still don't!
                                          Denny has no concept how little we know of that world. I expected it to be something related to music I'd never know about, but other than that, clueless.

I'm OK with that though. The fact that Denny thinks we notice that he talks about djs specifically is pretty funny.

Comment

Still love poker ❤️. Played the End of month last night met a well known ion sex pest in a pub had one quick pint.Took 25 percent of someone else. Third ha d get the black aces raise A25 flop two hearts bet get raised I raise blank turn bet get called. Shove the river blind skill game flush gets there Chinese lad calls fherush ��well done great value. Play cash get a 4 euro profit starved dinner not ready I open the metal lid skewer a lump of beef on a fork and plate it. Chef says can’t do that I said it’s done feel better. Sheepishly went up for full dinner at break well worth the 350 euro.
                                            Last edited by Guest; 27-10-17, 11:02.

Comment

People push acceptable behaviour limits all the time until they meet a boundary.
                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

I'm going to take a wild guess that electronica isn't necessarily in the lads wheelhouse but it was a throwaway smart arse post anyway by me
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                  Still love poker ❤️. Played the End of month last night met a well known ion sex pest in a pub had one quick pint.Took 25 percent of someone else. Third ha d get the black aces raise A25 flop two hearts bet get raised I raise blank turn bet get called. Shove the river blind skill game flush gets there Chinese lad calls fherush ��well done great value. Play cash get a 4 euro profit starved dinner not ready I open the metal lid skewer a lump of beef on a fork and plate it. Chef says can’t do that I said it’s done feel better. Sheepishly went up for full dinner at break well worth the 350 euro.
                                                  Playing the IPO?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                    Sounds horrendous MrsFD.

The fact you managed to still show up for work is astonishing.

No need to answer if you don't like but did you ever report the fucker or even think of doing so still?
                                                    The fact he wasn't there that often helped me get in. There was an Israeli fella who did work in the showroom and he had a fair idea and he dragged the job out so he was always close by, really appreciated it as I never had to tell him and he was there for me in that way.

After I split with my ex, they both got together and made some sort of financial deal. During this time he told the boss what I had said to him and they both went against me. I am not going into that but he did call me and say that he had heard from the ex and that I was making wild accusations. I was driving from Dublin at the time and just spluttered a bit and wanted to say, "well you know what happened" but I denied saying a thing and he cut the call and I never had anything to do with him again.

I knew a cousin of one of my friends used to work for him and I tried to get info out of her without saying too much but never managed and this was while I still worked there. Without me telling her what I was asking I couldn't get what I wanted across to the cousin so I ended up leaving it.

No point now though, I kind of felt bad as I worked with his son, knew his other 2 sons and his daughter as well as wife and didn't want to hurt her. I know that is silly but that was my main reason.

I was the one that kept the company going, I made sure all the money came in etc and after I left a few months later the place went bust and shit down. So I just moved on and tried to put it behind me. Hadn't really thought much about it this last while till all the stuff was posted.

Ah memories lol

Comment

Sorry about that bastard. I would like 10 mins with him. I'm willing to concede my point purely on the basis that I'm rattling the wrong cages . Any of my sisters would have jabbed him with a compass to the eye though. I've no doubt.
                                                      Your ex sounds like a poor excuse for a person
                                                      Most folk that knew me would have assumed I would have done the same though.

Comment

Comment

Dekmantel is a festival in Amsterdam. A few DJ set recordings were released. Very good stuff. Add Shanti Celeste to that after a morning listen.

Now who are these twins I post about?
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

TLDR ; it was LBJ and the CIA

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                              Playing the IPO?
                                                              Going to Spiddal on way now for the weekend girlfriend has a house down there.Coukdnt face the regency mo matter what name they put in it.Best of luck Kev

Comment

Because only a very small minority of deeply damaged people care about ,participate and vote in student elections

Comment

Is there anywhere around near McSorleys that has free weekend parking the street I'm on is pay and display till midnight all week and there is only 1 permit for the house

Comment

I
                                                                    Dekmantel is a festival in Amsterdam. A few DJ set recordings were released. Very good stuff. Add Shanti Celeste to that after a morning listen.

Now who are these twins I post about?
                                                                    The twins, the fucking twins. You're always on about them.

Comment

Comment

#NotallMen is the dumbest fucking thing.

If someone wrote on twitter "I was shot by a white guy" nobody would reply "#Notallwhiteguys"

The NotAllMen thing comes from a place of fear. We have been able to do and get away with absolutely crazy levels of inappropriate behaviour for centuries. Now men are terrified that their "banter" might be called out for what it really is and so we pre-emptively try and distinguish ourselves. "Oh yeah that lad was sexist but we aren't all like him. My motivations for making unnecessarily sexual comments around women are just humour, not sexism or inappropriate. It's all good fun with me, unlike that creep #NotallMen"

The simple fact is that intention is subjective, but behaviour is objective. If you make a joke that is objectively inappropriate (and we all know when we do) then you simply have to accept that someone might find it inappropriate. Same with unnecessary touching (no, she doesn't want you to touch her arm when you talk) or more explicit forms of behaviour. All men engage in it to some degree or stay silent in the face of it no matter how much we tell ourselves we don't.

So, to a certain extent, it is all men. And that's why we react to it by saying it isn't. Cause we know that on a certain level we have probably all risked crossing that line and justified it by saying "it was banter" or that we didn't have a bad intention therefore it wasn't a bad act.
                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

#notallmen.

/

Comment

I suppose so but what do you do if such a person is making serious allegations against you in public?
                                                                            Shut them down.

Comment

Twitter isn’t real life. Need the extremists on each side to be locked in a room so they can claw each other’s eyes out.
                                                                              #notallmenuse#notallmencostheyknowtwittersaloadifb ollocks

Comment

I

The twins, the fucking twins. You're always on about them.
                                                                                Haha I'm lost. Brain must be slow today
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                  Is there anywhere around near McSorleys that has free weekend parking the street I'm on is pay and display till midnight all week and there is only 1 permit for the house
                                                                                  Are you in Cullenswood Park? I think the parking along by Herbert Park is less draconian than the general state of affairs around Ranelagh. Don't think anywhere has all day free parking though.

Comment

Haha I'm lost. Brain must be slow today
                                                                                    Mark and Jez are invited out to a trendy London picnic on the heath but Mark feels a little out of place as Super Hans tells him about the twins.Welcome to t...

Comment

...

Comment

Those crazy catalonians have done it and declared independence

ballsy stuff!
                                                                                        Morons... Brexit level stupidity.
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                            #NotallMen is the dumbest fucking thing.

If someone wrote on twitter "I was shot by a white guy" nobody would reply "#Notallwhiteguys"
                                                                                            Exact same as #AllLivesMatter imo.

Comment

Not sure if my landlord is being deliberately dim or not. Sent me a screenshot of the rtb calculatior using the value for a new tenancy rather than an existing tenancy. Obv the former is higher.
                                                                                              He's sent me a screenshot from the same site using the same numbers and same details and getting a higher result.
                                                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 27-10-17, 15:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                Havent been following it too closely and I agree with you on dumb Nationalism but this is Franco Nationalism v the Catalan stuff and they have always been on opposite sides. On the more recent stuff it looks like they weren't left with much choice with direct rule looking a certainty as punishment for the last months.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                  Not aware of anywhere near Ranelagh with free parking. It's a nightmare getting a spot there most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                    Exact same as #AllLivesMatter imo.
                                                                                                    Agreed. An equally dumb hashtag.
                                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                      Are you in Cullenswood Park? I think the parking along by Herbert Park is less draconian than the general state of affairs around Ranelagh. Don't think anywhere has all day free parking though.
                                                                                                      Anna Villa pretty much beside McSorleys, the guy I live with had some visitor council parking permits with the address printed on them but none left. I'll find somewhere thanks

Comment

He's sent me a screenshot from the same site using the same numbers and getting a higher result.
                                                                                                        Do the formula manually or get it in writing from prtb or threshold or whoever

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                          Shut them down.
                                                                                                          Isn't that what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                            If this trend keeps up though, I'm declaring Dubexit.

70% of all tax revenues originate in Dublin. Let's stop subsidising your culchie lifestyle, declare UDI and build some funky shit (metro, get a Guggenheim, hell a monorail, why not, rebuild the Phoenix Park racecourse. Oh, and Build a Wall).

Comment

...

Comment

Glyn won't be impressed when the south side secedes.

Comment

Well maybe there's some parts of Dublin we can generously donate to the country folk.
                                                                                                                  You're from Clare you half eejit.

Comment

Speaking of Clare, we spent two nights in the Wild Honey Inn the weekend just past.

The food was of absolutely mind-blowing quality. We were in l'Ecrivain around this time last year I think and while that was very good, this was next level up.

Heading to the Cliff House next weekend - it has a lot to live up to!

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                        Glyn won't be impressed when the south side secedes.
                                                                                                                        East Side.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X