Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bingham and wife were sitting beside us at one of the snooker legends events in goffs a few years ago. Decent fella, snooker obv not handy money any more, would he have been world champion when doing some of those bets? Morals/personality aside, Hendry etc wouldnt have been tempted astray by such meagre rewards you would assume.
    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
        Was just thinking Horatio has gone missing, hasn't posted in a while. Hope all is OK with him.
        Online just under 2 weeks ago, although 5 weeks since last post. Hopefully just busy.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              Last one sounds like he was sensibly covering himself in the high break prize if he knocked in a 14X break.
              Few quid at ~2/1 on someone beating it and guarantee yourself some return. Suggested that to non-gamblers in the office and they reacted that it should be a criminal offence.
              Where was all this sympathy for joey Barton,yeah can be a tool but he was betting pennies literally

Comment

That Nescafé ad where the needy bollocking guilt trips everyone he’s ever met in an amphitheater is a new low

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                  That Nescafé ad where the needy bollocking guilt trips everyone he’s ever met in an amphitheater is a new low
                  It's horrendously cringey. Sit down if you've never seen me cry. Fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    It's horrendously cringey. Sit down if you've never seen me cry. Fuck off.
                    Its been a while dom

Comment

going car hunting tomorrow, pray for me.

Lyrics to Trouble :Trouble...Trouble, trouble, trouble, troubleTrouble been doggin' my soul since the day I was bornWorry...Worry, worry, worry, worryWorry j...

Comment

Mia was voted in. Teacher said she should go into politics when older lol.

Delighted for her, she was super proud on the phone
                        Sniff

Am tearing up....jesus ...well done

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                          Work have announced a diversity and inclusion program, including implicit bias training across the organisation. Strongly tempted to send them a list of papers showing the biggest measureable effect of such programs is to create a backlash against them.
                          Or you could go with an open mind and stop being the snowflake king.

Comment

It's the simple things like squeezing a fresh pint of water out of the tap whilst shitty yet effective and purposely built robots clean my clothes and dishes that make me think I really fucking want a big mac.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                              Virtual reality night with mammy really gets my wick up. Such hilarity watching mammy waving her hands about but wait she might be in danger of falling a full inch to the ground. Fuck off.

Comment

SatNav once slapped my arse #MeToo

Comment

Dom always insisted on being big spoon when we blogged events. #metoo

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                    Or you could go with an open mind and stop being the snowflake king.
                                    Oh believe me, my mind is wide open.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Think that's more wishful thinking on your behalf Cooney.
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

You like a man with a nice botox?

Comment

You hassled me about my nipples showing through my t-shirt another time.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                            You hassled me about my nipples showing through my t-shirt another time.
                                            Ah u probably enjoyed it
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

#metoo

Comment

There is a clear pattern of predatory sexual behaviour here.

What can we, as the decent members of the Irish poker community, do about this monster?
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

#metoo
                                                  Ah ffs that was 2013, and obv manscaping was a big topic at the time..and I obv had drink on board.
                                                  I've matured a bit since 😂😂😂🙈🙈🙈
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Ah u probably enjoyed it
                                                    Easy Harvey. If a man said that after doing that. Tut tut.
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Second best outcome from doing my taxes: "This underpayment will not be collected at this time".

Comment

Comment

Ivey loses his court case to claim the 10m in winnings in Punto Blanco from Crockfords

"It is because of my sense of honour and respect for the manner in which gambling is undertaken by professional gamblers such as myself that I have pursuers this claim for my unpaid winnings"

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                            Ivey loses his court case to claim the 10m in winnings in Punto Blanco from Crockfords

"It is because of my sense of honour and respect for the manner in which gambling is undertaken by professional gamblers such as myself that I have pursuers this claim for my unpaid winnings"
                                                            What's the thinking in here for that case?

The 30 for 30 Podcast on that was great.

Comment

Comment

An episode of Black Mirror is coming true

The Chinese government plans to launch its Social Credit System in 2020. The aim? To judge the trustworthiness – or otherwise – of its 1.3 billion residents

Comment

They know how to celebrate in Kilkenny!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                    They know how to celebrate in Kilkenny!
                                                                    I'm not sure they do actually. Hard to describe.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                      They don't have to offer an exchange if there is nothing wrong with the watch. They are under no obligation if you have just changed your mind. Only if it's faulty.

Some shops do a return and exchange under a certain period of time. But they are under no obligation to.

So no they don't have to exchange it if it's in full working order and the only reason is you changed your mind or the gf does not like it.

Sorry.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      Bit of a shitty store @tyler. Most decent places offer a 'she didn't like it' exchange. Worth giving it a personal go yourself though, as you'd never know if maybe the gf's mother didn't approach it with the right tone. If that doesn't work then might be just about telling people to avoid there so they lose a bit of business, as thats a bit of a crap policy when you're a store selling gifts.
                                                                      Cheers for the heads up folks, definitely thought it would be a case of taking it back as a good will gesture as I would've used the store credit but the girlfriends mother was taken back by the stores tone/rudeness herself/her sister & my girlfriend would've shopped a bit in the store but more than likely won't go back now because of the treatment.

The girlfriend ended up getting a watch nearly triple the price so she came out good out of the whole thing
                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Doke doing AMA on boards.....

Some of you asked to hear from a professional poker player and that is just what our next guest is.

Comment

Dice75 has taken drunken advantage of me on numerous occasions . #METOO
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                            Dice75 has taken drunken advantage of me on numerous occasions . #METOO
                                                                            Hmmm. You are the right height i suppose...

Comment

It's grown over the years but in Ireland still small enough that I see mostly the same people. When I started ten years ago I'd say there were no more than 10 true professionals (making a good living solely from poker) whereas nowadays I'd guess the number is about 100.
                                                                              Wut

Comment

feck off

Comment

A week of misery with football bets.
                                                                                  96th min goal costs me 350 sat.
                                                                                  City at 1 to 10 let me down for accum last night.
                                                                                  Had rangers tonight 1 up and get pen 94 mins. Miss and kill go down other end and equalise.

Move up levels?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                        A week of misery with football bets.
                                                                                        96th min goal costs me 350 sat.
                                                                                        City at 1 to 10 let me down for accum last night.
                                                                                        Had rangers tonight 1 up and get pen 94 mins. Miss and kill go down other end and equalise.

Move up levels?
                                                                                        It's a lot simpler than that, stop putting 1/10 shots in accums. Little upside and it's the league cup as well which should always have sirens ringing.

Comment

Ill offer some constructive criticism...

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                          It's a lot simpler than that, stop putting 1/10 shots in accums. Little upside and it's the league cup as well which should always have sirens ringing.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Seems weird that a judge would suspend the last 1 year of a sentence for rape because the person "is foreign so this will make prison harder for him"?

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2017/...85-court-rape/
                                                                                            A couple of weeks ago I was driving home from a darts match and was waved down by a young woman in the street in a distressed state (crying etc.), I thought she might have been attacked so I pulled over and spoke to her. She was drunk and got separated from her friends and had no phone, she was trying to get back to the Villa she was staying in but didn't have the address. Drove her around for an hour (she never stopped crying) and she couldn't figure out where it was and eventually I just brought her home, woke up the missus and we put her in the spare room.

The look on her face the next morning when she woke up in a stranger's house without a clue how she got there was funny. She found her father's number online and we brought her to the Villa, met her parents who were extremely worried and obviously thankful.
                                                                                            Turns out she's a semi-famous showjumper (potential Olympian team) and her dad has been messaging me about visiting them in Norway. Some big gaff with stables and showjumping equipment (looked it up on google maps). Might head over at some point.
                                                                                            Weird night though.

Comment

"Another day, another bag of dicks"

Really enjoying The Deuce. I wonder is this what watching The Wire from the start felt like ? So much potential.

Awaiting the horrible season 2...
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                Ill offer some constructive criticism...
                                                                                                Nah, but depends how serious you take it I suppose. It's entertainment for me as it probably is for most 'a bit of interest' and all that.
                                                                                                I've had a couple of four figures come in which was obviously great but having those trebles riding while out for a walk on a Saturday afternoon listening to off the ball is class, and at worst a sweat.
                                                                                                Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 25-10-17, 21:49.

Comment

The fucking state of those strippers in Kilkenny. I hope they were some local sluts that got carried away and not actually paid. Seen better looking on a farm

Comment

Woke the wife up eh Gordo

#MeThree

Comment

Oh, dont get me wrong, im not putting 20 on a 2/5 shot.

Im spinning that 20 up to 1500 on a 10 team accum...lol

But from the outside looking in, accumulators are a mugs game.

Should be seen purely as entertainment.
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Ha! a friend of mine is involved in that club, was managing some of the under age teams... That party wouldn't be a fraction of the bad influence on kids he would be in general
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          Ha! a friend of mine is involved in that club, was managing some of the under age teams... That party wouldn't be a fraction of the bad influence on kids he would be in general
                                                                                                          I don't see anything wrong with the party. Fuck it, it's a laugh. But jesus. Hire some decent strippers

Comment

...

Comment

Had to laugh at that SF/IRA twat in the dail today claiming that the tracker thing is the biggest bank robbery in the history of Ireland. That would only be because of the truckloads of Northern Bank 50's him and his buddies we're unable to spend
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                I don't see anything wrong with the party. Fuck it, it's a laugh. But jesus. Hire some decent strippers
                                                                                                                Bate the cunt with the phone for a start.

I was over at a stag in Puerto Banus a few years ago.

When the stripper came in, a box was passed around for all phones.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Don't know how people do high-work-hour weeks consistently. I've been doing 65-70 hours a week for last eight weeks and am absolutely dead on my feet. Only another month of it left, thankfully. There's a lot of people who'd be doing this every week for years, e.g. people running their own business. How the fuck do they do it?
                                                                                                                  I was approached by my old company to do some contract work for them on the project I left behind - it'd mean ~20hrs a week on top of my 40hrs for current lot.

Its super lucrative and would get me a decent testimonial for any future work but I think I'd have to hermit for the winter (not a bad thing I guess) and its more likely it'd be 70+ hours altogether.
                                                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

What happened in Kilkenny???!
                                                                                                                    I just googled Kilkenny to find out, first result. There was a party with strippers, someone took photos. National news.

Comment

The fucking state of those strippers in Kilkenny. I hope they were some local sluts that got carried away and not actually paid. Seen better looking on a farm
                                                                                                                      I think it's a bit naive to assume the lads in kilkenny had say in who turned up.

"Hello is that Strippers'R'Us? What's the craic? 2 strippers please, 1 blonde, 1 brunette, with all the extras"
                                                                                                                      "Would you like to like to supersize your order"
                                                                                                                      "Christ, no chance boss. Size 8's. DD's. No red heads"

Edit: Just seen a screenshot of the website. Good photography work wonders, the lads probably thought they were getting one of each.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Mellor; 26-10-17, 08:29.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                        Bate the cunt with the phone for a start.

I was over at a stag in Puerto Banus a few years ago.

When the stripper came in, a box was passed around for all phones.
                                                                                                                        It's one thing it lads are filming on the sly. But when you are posing with your flute out for photos you've only yourself to blame really

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                          It's one thing it lads are filming on the sly. But when you are posing with your flute out for photos you've only yourself to blame really
                                                                                                                          I hope he is single, its bad enough being a ginge.
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X