Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d make a great politician for about a week. I would engage in immediate unparlimentary language and not just aimed at Minister Stagg. *(who can go fk himself) I would adopt the shoe throwing protest every time some mentioned the Water Protest or Sine Fein or just random shit I don’t like.

I would speak in a Michael Noonan accent and call everyone ceann comhairle , even in the Dail bar when supping beer on the everlasting tab and laughing about pricey Toner. Nice Joke ceann comhairle . I wouldn’t need a Kayroo vocab, I’d simply say Yada Yada Yada and echo whatever Sarah Meinerney was discussing on the radio/TV that week . She’ll eventually get the message and stop ignoring my tweets.

Dear Sarah

You said if I'd write you, you would write back
    See, I'm just like you in a way:*I never knew my father neither
    He used to always cheat on my mom and beat her
    I can relate to what you're sayin' in your show
    So when I have a shitty day, I drift away and put 'em on
    ‘Cause I don't really got shit else
    So that shit helps when I'm depressed
    I even got a tattoo of your name across the chest
    Sometimes I even cut myself to see how much it bleeds
    It's like adrenaline, the pain is such a sudden rush for me
    See, everything you say is real, and I respect you ‘cause you tell it
    My wifes jealous ‘cause I talk about you 24/7

Comment

Had 3 people trying to get pre-sale tickets for the Ireland game with 2 codes each, again nothing... Need to actually start buying season tickets sometime!
      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Mdoug how are your jobs going for you these days? I presume you are not still doing 100 hour weeks with 3 jobs?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            Didn't say it wasn't real P&F. I said the 97% figure wasn't real.

And that figure came from Obama, he was using fake news long before trump.

Survey of the professional members of the American Meteorological Society (the premier body for atmosphere/climate physicists)
            SPOILER
            But he wasn't using that metric (asking members of a society), he was citing a source from a paper which was analyzing papers on the subject at hand, 12,000 studied of which 98.4% of authors of the papers that held a position on global warming were saying Anthropogenic Global Warming is happening, 97.2% of the papers did. People in related fields not doing active research generally would agree less, which is what that questionnaire is.

People can sure have problems with how 97% it was calculated in that paper (for instance most papers did not give their position, and it does not go into any depth) but it sure isn't made up.

Other authors looked at papers that rejected AGW, for instance in 12,000 papers between 1991 through 2011 0.7% of papers rejected man made climate change outright.

This was then done with 24,000 studies released in 2013 and 2014 and 0.021% rejected it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                The key point here is to never trust a point Denny supports by linking to a scientific study. He consistently links to scientific-seeming partial truths. Like when he was going through his 'Trump is gonna be the best because he's a business genius' stage.
                I blame his college tutor.

Comment

'Trump is gonna be the best because he's a business genius' stage.
                  I also remember him saying that Trump was going to win the election, to widespread ridicule. How did that turn out?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                      I respect all sports but lol basketball. Breaking bones playing that is like fracturing your elbow playing tip the can or kerbs. Fucking yanks.
                      It's obvious you don't watch. But for a non contact sport it's alot more physical than soccer where the slightest contact and you get a grown man rolling around the ground like he was just shot.
                      As for Hayward that's a career ender an definitely the most horrific injury I've watched live. Game atmosphere died right then.

Comment

The key point here is to never trust a point Denny supports by linking to a scientific study. He consistently links to scientific-seeming partial truths. Like when he was going through his 'Trump is gonna be the best because he's a business genius' stage.
                        Economy/stock market/consumer confidence are all doing well.

Comment

Economy/stock market/consumer confidence are all doing well.
                          they're doing well because Trump hasn't done anything!

He is literally the least productive President of all time. Not one single substantive piece of legislation passed.

He seems to mistake vituperation for actual achievement.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                            Mdoug how are your jobs going for you these days? I presume you are not still doing 100 hour weeks with 3 jobs?
                            Only the hostel job these days and choosing to only work 4 days a week, have an interview tomorrow for a decent job but doubtful to get it as don't entirely meet their requirements but should ace the exam aspect so wouldn't know what they'll think. Won't get the job for a few months if offered to me though, and I really just want to fuck off somewhere.

Applying for manager jobs in hostels in other countries these days. If Ireland get to the world cup I'll stay in the current job until then, then go to Russia and continue the travels for as long as I can. If they don't then I'll either look for a managers job somewhere in Ireland/abroad or just fuck off a few months.

Getting to that time. I say this, but will probably be too lazy and broke to follow through.
                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                              It's obvious you don't watch. But for a non contact sport it's alot more physical than soccer where the slightest contact and you get a grown man rolling around the ground like he was just shot.
                              As for Hayward that's a career ender an definitely the most horrific injury I've watched live. Game atmosphere died right then.
                              Paul George came back from a pretty horrific one a few years back so I'd be hopeful for his recovery. Big fan of Hayward.
                              I had to take 14s on Jayson Tatum for ROY he's a lock to start now.
                              Last edited by Guest; 18-10-17, 12:13.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I predicted Chelski wouldn't make top 5 when champions and not a register. Denny picks a winner in a 2 horse race and it's down in old Moore's Almanac.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                        Paul George came back from a pretty horrific one a few years back so I'd be hopeful for his recovery. Big fan of Hayward.
                                        I had to take 14s on Jayson Tatum for ROY he's a lock to start now.
                                        Boston are a very young team with a lot of serious potential going forward.
                                        Brown looks a superstar in the making, really looking forward to following him.
                                        Baynes is a beast and will be involved in some great battles this season.
                                        Irving as good as he is irritates me even more so since leaving, all about the money and wanting to have the limelight to himself instead of LeBron.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                          But he wasn't using that metric (asking members of a society), he was citing a source from a paper which was analyzing papers on the subject at hand, 12,000 studied of which 98.4% of authors of the papers that held a position on global warming were saying Anthropogenic Global Warming is happening, 97.2% of the papers did. People in related fields not doing active research generally would agree less, which is what that questionnaire is.

People can sure have problems with how 97% it was calculated in that paper (for instance most papers did not give their position, and it does not go into any depth) but it sure isn't made up.
                                          I know where the figure comes from. 66% of the papers they examined held no position. There's no reference to dangerous. It's a complete misrepresentation to state that 97% of scientists or climate scientists agree that it's mainly man-made and dangerous.

Obama's statement is completely bogus.

(and they're not just members of a society, they're professional and publishing scientists)
                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 18-10-17, 12:27.

Comment

Two iPhones in two weeks bought off adverts for decent money for the two brats for xmas. Adverts really is handy!

Dunno how people trust done deal. I was like a detective all morning, getting lads phone number googling it, found him. All good to go.

The feedback and past items sold is such a great feature on adverts.
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                              Boston are a very young team with a lot of serious potential going forward.
                                              Brown looks a superstar in the making, really looking forward to following him.
                                              Baynes is a beast and will be involved in some great battles this season.
                                              Irving as good as he is irritates me even more so since leaving, all about the money and wanting to have the limelight to himself instead of LeBron.
                                              I agree about limelight for sure and the money he'll make regarding potential endorsements given Boston is a bigger franchise.
                                              Regarding salary though it's all the same where he goes because every team in the league would give him the max.

Comment

Just on the scooby do thing. With hindsight that show was an absolute disgrace (read an analysis of this somewhere recently, but can't remember where). The amount of people arrested for simply wearing scary costumes. wtf? How did we devote our childhoods to watching fairly obvious cases of abuse of the criminal process by a bunch of hippies.
                                                But they always admitted their guilt before they were arrested, hence the 'And I would have got away with it if it wasn't for these pesky kids' line.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                  Two iPhones in two weeks bought off adverts for decent money for the two brats for xmas. Adverts really is handy!

Dunno how people trust done deal. I was like a detective all morning, getting lads phone number googling it, found him. All good to go.

The feedback and past items sold is such a great feature on adverts.
                                                  I've never used Done Deal, only Adverts - agree that the feedback, etc... makes it very transparent.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                    zod imo
                                                    Dunno if he's still doing it, but he was heavily involved in the SocDems Dublin Central last year.
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                      I predicted Chelski wouldn't make top 5 when champions and not a register. Denny picks a winner in a 2 horse race and it's down in old Moore's Almanac.
                                                      Denny called it when everyone was laughing at Trump during Republican primaries. Closer analogy would be predicting Leicester's title win.

Comment

Question for the good people of IPB:

We got a new kitchen put in recently, which was a bigger job than we anticipated. While removing the kitchen tiles they needed to use some kind of power hammer/jack to break them up, which was amazing loud and caused big vibrations. Lady renting the house attached to ours came by to complain, fair enough as we didn't expect the level of disruption ourselves. Some of the installation job was also pretty hardcore in terms of hammering, etc...

The neighbour came by a few days ago asking for my contact details, saying that her landlady wanted to get in contact. Again, fair enough I said, expecting she'd get in touch to complain about lack of notice, etc...

What actually happened was a phone call last night (two weeks after the fact) from what seemed to be a really nice person, who mentioned that her tenant reported that there is a small crack in one of the walls of their house. She didn't have to outright say 'it is the fault of the work you did', it was the unspoken assumption she was working from, like it was almost so obvious that nothing needed to be said. I didn't comment either way. She said she was going to get 'someone' out to look at it over the coming week, 'it might only be small but of course we need to be sure' and would then be back in touch to discuss next steps. I was totally non-committal and just said something along the lines of 'you do what you need to do and feel free to get in contact whenever'.

I didn't feel the need to state my concerns, being a) if you are overseas, are you sure there is an issue at all b) if there is an issue, are you sure what caused it (for example, we saw a workman arriving at her house in the meantime between our kitchen being installed and this call, a few weeks later - could he be the cause?) and c) if you decide that the work on our side of the wall caused an issue, how do you plan to proceed (is liability with the workmen, IKEA (who they were working for), me, who)?

She seems a nice person who's just looking out for her own interests.

Does anyone have an experience in such a situation? In general, would she be expected to claim from her own house insurance and then rely on them to chase external parties for compensation? Can the contractors be chased directly? Or is it wholly on her own insurance, that's what it is for?

I'm not expecting anyone here to know BTW, just thought I'd ask as the BBV is usually a font of unexpected knowledge!

Comment

Comment

why wouldn't you just say that then rather than linking to a US-based study as some sort of false proof that a global statistic has been disproved? It's like you don't have faith in your own arguments and need to rely on false props.
                                                            If the US figure is what it is how would it be possible for the global figure to be 97%?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                              Mindhunter is going to get Sopranos/The Wire/Breaking Bad sort of acclaim. Thoroughly captivating.
                                                              Just finish ep 10. Overall a very good, solid watch show. Have to disagree with your assessment though, it won't reach that level, but it still is very good and enjoyable watch.
                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

We got a new kitchen put in recently, which was a bigger job than we anticipated. While removing the kitchen tiles they needed to use some kind of power hammer/jack to break them up, which was amazing loud and caused big vibrations. Lady renting the house attached to ours came by to complain, fair enough as we didn't expect the level of disruption ourselves. Some of the installation job was also pretty hardcore in terms of hammering, etc...

The neighbour came by a few days ago asking for my contact details, saying that her landlady wanted to get in contact. Again, fair enough I said, expecting she'd get in touch to complain about lack of notice, etc...

What actually happened was a phone call last night (two weeks after the fact) from what seemed to be a really nice person, who mentioned that her tenant reported that there is a small crack in one of the walls of their house. She didn't have to outright say 'it is the fault of the work you did', it was the unspoken assumption she was working from, like it was almost so obvious that nothing needed to be said. I didn't comment either way. She said she was going to get 'someone' out to look at it over the coming week, 'it might only be small but of course we need to be sure' and would then be back in touch to discuss next steps. I was totally non-committal and just said something along the lines of 'you do what you need to do and feel free to get in contact whenever'.

I didn't feel the need to state my concerns, being a) if you are overseas, are you sure there is an issue at all b) if there is an issue, are you sure what caused it (for example, we saw a workman arriving at her house in the meantime between our kitchen being installed and this call, a few weeks later - could he be the cause?) and c) if you decide that the work on our side of the wall caused an issue, how do you plan to proceed (is liability with the workmen, IKEA (who they were working for), me, who)?

Does anyone have an experience in such a situation? In general, would she be expected to claim from her own house insurance and then rely on them to chase external parties for compensation? Can the contractors be chased directly? Or is it wholly on her own insurance, that's what it is for?

I'm not expecting anyone here to know BTW, just thought I'd ask as the BBV is usually a font of unexpected knowledge!

+

imo
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                  It's a similar injury to the one Alan Smith suffered for Man Utd which he never really recovered from. Broken ankle and tibia.

It pretty much decides the Eastern Conference and who makes the NBA finals assuming LeBron plays his usual 70+ games.
                                                                  was pretty horrible to watch, couldnt believe they first showed him on the floor with his foot turned the wrong way, then they showed a replay, was thinking wtf are you showing this for, but yeah agreed, unless okc manage to do something its warriors v cavs again

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                    was pretty horrible to watch, couldnt believe they first showed him on the floor with his foot turned the wrong way, then they showed a replay, was thinking wtf are you showing this for, but yeah agreed, unless okc manage to do something its warriors v cavs again
                                                                    OKC will have nights where they look like the greatest team to ever play. Their starters are relatively complimentary, Melo and George can space the floor although theyve never played the spot up shooter role. Adams and Roberson epitomize the definition of role players which is great.

That said their lack of depth is ridiculous and definitely their biggest problem.
                                                                    They'll hide it to a point by staggering the Big 3's mins so that they're never sitting together but I'd be pretty confident in saying that their bench net rating will be the lowest of any playoff team this season and possibly the lowest in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                      Would love to see kayroo running. Everyone would be too afraid to question his policies cos we wouldn't want to admit we didn't understand half the words.

Just lots of nodding.
                                                                      I've been asked to run by a party in locals before. GAA, was a teacher for a while in the town, heavily involved in local volunteer activity. Wouldn't do it for twice the money a Minister is on though.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                      Kayroo debating Ruth Coppinger and Richard Boyd Barrett...I'd buy tickets to that
                                                                      He'd be destroyed. Ruth would go 'my policy is free lollipops for every kid and taxing the rich 110%'. The crowd would go wild and Kayroo would spontaneously combust. Ruth and Barrett are elected because people want to hear the stupid things they say. Which incidentally is why zod has a great chance of being elected

I would be hamstrung by my penchant for facts, reason and logic. Those unburdened by such things have me at a disadvantage. It's why Strewelly is beyond my reach.

Though if I did run I'd clearly have PJ "Zod" Mara run my campaign for me. I'd campaign on annexing north Wicklow and eastern Kildare into the Dubetenland.
                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                        Denny called it when everyone was laughing at Trump during Republican primaries. Closer analogy would be predicting Leicester's title win.
                                                                        Sure the Simpons predicted Trump. Once it's on tv over there.

The analogy of Lecister winning the PL is not even close , that was a major unprecedented glitch in the matrix

Comment

I know where the figure comes from. 66% of the papers they examined held no position. There's no reference to dangerous. It's a complete misrepresentation to state that 97% of scientists or climate scientists agree that it's mainly man-made and dangerous.

Obama's statement is completely bogus.

(and they're not just members of a society, they're professional and publishing scientists)
                                                                          Excuse me for not guessing you did know the source as you tried to disprove it by talking about something completely different

I get that his statement could be more accurate, I doubt "97% of papers that take a position on climate change blah blah" rolls off the tongue or fits in the 140 characters you have to use to influence people via a soundbyte.

When you look at the surface of the study you see, "Woah 66% are undecided!", but that's not really the full story. It's not that the 66% of scientists themselves are all undecided, it's that their study doesn't lend itself to make a claim. Most studies done are:
                                                                          1. Not done with the aim to take a stance either way.
                                                                          2. Couldn't if they wanted to, as it wouldn't be good science to make the claim from their study on some specific niche area.

So then the authors of the paper do not take those studies into account, and say well of the people who have studies with a wide enough breadth to take a stance do take a stance - 97% think X. That percentage was up to 99.97% in recent years.

I get what you mean, you can't just take that number and run with it without explanation but hey it's a tweet that isn't exactly taking the piss.

As for the society, yes they definitely are professional and I don't mean to belittle them. I'm sure a lot do work on something relevant and some wouldn't also. Even students and weathermen could have been giving their two cents btw (since they can join).
                                                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 18-10-17, 14:12.

Comment

Thinly veiled new kitchen brag.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                              Perhaps reading the other side would be of benefit for you too.
                                                                              I have from time to time and but it's too toxic to read on an ongoing basis.

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                              Anyone do the adventure room thing in Capel St? Excellent craic. Think most here would enjoy it.
                                                                              Done an escape room on Aungier Street and it was pretty good.

Mindhunter is going to get Sopranos/The Wire/Breaking Bad sort of acclaim. Thoroughly captivating.
                                                                              Woah woah woah slow your roll there, thought it was very middling and wasn't the hype machine I was expecting I'm a huge David Fincher fan but this missed the mark, some style and decent acting in parts but overall it was very flat, Netflix have been producing some duds the last while.
                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                zod imo
                                                                                You wouldn't want to give me power, or even the hint of power.
                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I don't know whether to be offended or not by the PJ Mara comparison. Will flip a coin later.

Am 100% behind Ferrybank being part of Waterford, so my appeal does go across county borders.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                    Woah woah woah slow your roll there, thought it was very middling and wasn't the hype machine I was expecting I'm a huge David Fincher fan but this missed the mark, some style and decent acting in parts but overall it was very flat, Netflix have been producing some duds the last while.
                                                                                    Hudson is one of the most annoying characters I've seen on a show.

Comment

So we know that Trump can do or say what he likes and we also know it really doesn't matter so much any more since he became a lame duck being wheeled out in front of the military junta that took over the White House a few months ago... but still.
                                                                                      He talks to the mother of a soldier that died in service, cannot name him constantly referring to him as Your Guy and telling her that " he knew what he was signing up for". Then he goes out in public and bare faced lied about the conversation.
                                                                                      This is right up there with mocking the disabled guy and the gold star families and... Ah fuckit really and truly nothing matters
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        So we know that Trump can do or say what he likes and we also know it really doesn't matter so much any more since he became a lame duck being wheeled out in front of the military junta that took over the White House a few months ago... but still.
                                                                                        He talks to the mother of a soldier that died in service, cannot name him constantly referring to him as Your Guy and telling her that " he knew what he was signing up for". Then he goes out in public and bare faced lied about the conversation.
                                                                                        This is right up there with mocking the disabled guy and the gold star families and... Ah fuckit really and truly nothing matters
                                                                                        The needle returns to the start to the start of the song and we all sing along like before

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          I'm just amazed he's been running the same tactics and people remain surprised.

In anticipation for the new year I powered through this in a few hours; his light anecdotal style makes for easy reading.

In a year when pundits and journalists struggled so hard to understand Trump's tactics it was quite something to realise that he had explained it all over thirty years ago. He has a chapter on hyperbole, a chapter on the benefits of free publicity, and sections about loyalty to friends, while counter-punching those that attack him. Tremendous book, one of the best.
                                                                                          Shouldn't have been a surprise that he counterpunched in Puerto Rico either.

Meanwhile Irish journalists made fun of Trump for getting it wrong on the Irish tax rate, seems a coincidence that he does that while trying to get his tax reform through.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Yeah most of the respected reviewers I've read since finishing it would be more in agreement with the acclaim I gave it rather than certain views here. Perhaps folk nowadays don't have the patience for thoroughness.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                              The needle returns to the start to the start of the song and we all sing along like before
                                                                                              Its nearly 6 o clock, get the matches.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                Its nearly 6 o clock, get the matches.

Del Amitri's Justin Currie - Nothing Ever Happens - with lyricsFrom the BBC Songwriters Circle with Chris Difford, Justin Currie and Boo HewerdinePost office...

Comment

I'm just amazed he's been running the same tactics and people remain surprised.
                                                                                                  .
                                                                                                  Not in the least surprised more nauseated, I am very surprised that he continues to get nod and a wink support from so many people.
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                    Hudson is one of the most annoying characters I've seen on a show.
                                                                                                    Has a real Michael Owen look and vibe.
                                                                                                    "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                    "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Yeah most of the respected reviewers I've read since finishing it would be more in agreement with the acclaim I gave it rather than certain views here. Perhaps folk nowadays don't have the patience for thoroughness.
                                                                                                      Lol.
                                                                                                      "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                      "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

There's an 18 episode documentary series about Mattress Mick starting on RTE next week which is likely to be the next breakout mega tv show.

Comment

...

Comment

Hi Paul

Did she bring you in to see the damaged wall or show you some pictures of said damage
                                                                                                            Is an easy one to push the blame on you as you were carrying out new works on your size but you should ask to be shown proof of damage and exactly where the damage is on her side to see can it be matched up to where your works were

Comment

Nope, I haven't seen anything yet and believe that the room she has said the damage is in is not adjacent to the room in which the work was done (we had our kitchen done, she claims the crack is the her kitchen; as we are an end of terrace, unlike all other houses in the terrace, our kitchens are not on the other sides of the same wall, her kitchen is on the other side of our living room and vice versa), so I'm automatically even more suspicious than I would have been.

Am waiting to see what she comes back to me with, but in the meantime will warn my own insurance (telling them that I want them to contest it if it comes to that) and IKEA, who employed the contractors. No chance I'm paying anything anyway, it will need to go through insurance at the very least, at present all I'm getting is a phone call from someone located outside Ireland who hasn't seen anything, 2.5 weeks after the fact!

Comment

...

Comment

I am a very suspicious person, that's the problem!

Comment

You could be a right cunt and ask if the tenant is withholding the income tax due to an out of state landlord.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

How's the craic?

Comment

Nope, I haven't seen anything yet and believe that the room she has said the damage is in is not adjacent to the room in which the work was done (we had our kitchen done, she claims the crack is the her kitchen; as we are an end of terrace, unlike all other houses in the terrace, our kitchens are not on the other sides of the same wall, her kitchen is on the other side of our living room and vice versa), so I'm automatically even more suspicious than I would have been.

Am waiting to see what she comes back to me with, but in the meantime will warn my own insurance (telling them that I want them to contest it if it comes to that) and IKEA, who employed the contractors. No chance I'm paying anything anyway, it will need to go through insurance at the very least, at present all I'm getting is a phone call from someone located outside Ireland who hasn't seen anything, 2.5 weeks after the fact!
                                                                                                                        Judging by that I doubt you can be blamed for the crack.
                                                                                                                        If u get a call again ask for evidence or ask to see the damage the renter might have gone mad in the house and is using u as an excuse to hand over the blame

Comment

Probably not supposed to laugh at this but....

Iran's supreme leader has described Donald Trump as "mentally retarded" as he urged Europe to do more to back the 2015 nuclear deal after the US president refused to re-certify the pact.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X