Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
    Just starting work in a few minutes at this so you might see my mug on this
    Andy Black just joined too. Table's going to get louder

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      2/5/10 Omaha cash game on Twitch

The Cash Game Festival Twitch channel is for cash game enthusiasts to follow the fun poker action from our televised feature tables at our festivals and more.

Some familiar faces...

Mark Buckley
      Lee Egan
      Chris Dowling
      Rory Rees Brennan
      Tom Hanlon
      Noel Hayes
      Andrew Grimason
      Chromebook, media resource decoding error, what's that? Can watch on phone

Edit... switch to desktop mode , have it
      Last edited by SatNav; 12-10-17, 21:19.
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

The Cash Game Festival Twitch channel is for cash game enthusiasts to follow the fun poker action from our televised feature tables at our festivals and more.

Some familiar faces...

Mark Buckley
        Lee Egan
        Chris Dowling
        Rory Rees Brennan
        Tom Hanlon
        Noel Hayes
        Andrew Grimason
        Decent stream with good sound and stats.
        Andy didnt seem happy with the fact some of the players were watching the stream gaining info when he joined the table.

Comment

mother cooked dinner today, this now lies where it is. why? is it age or wtf lol we are not paupers like lol

Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Some familiar faces...

Mark Buckley
            Lee Egan
            Chris Dowling
            Rory Rees Brennan
            Tom Hanlon
            Noel Hayes
            Andrew Grimason
            We are definitely back
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
              A mate of mine used to live in Smithfield years ago, really nice appartment with a nice balcony at the back of it.

They got lazy and instead of putting the bins down every week, they used to put them out on the balcony.
              Really nice balcony, so he comes up with a way to make it unusable.
              People are insane.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                You were very timid, ladylike and well presented. The complete opposite of me.

*why did I drink nearly 2 bottles of wine last night 🙄😭
                I am kinda timid ( in life I mean). Ha thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                  Who the fook is that guy?
                  you minus three...

Comment

Looking down over Hobart, some situation for a town tbf. Kid in the photo is my niece, tough as nails obv. as it was close to zero up there.

Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 13-10-17, 11:06.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

@sat I hope you enjoyed your potatoe. There is a soup kitchen around the corner if things get desperate. It even looks mircowaved ..not baked.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            Made the firm decision to change jobs, so will be somewhere new come next September. Love this time of life where you ponder what the future might be. Seems like a good time. Wife finishing her PhD in Jan, youngest kid will be starting school in September, on a big momentum research-wise so have the momentum to sell, and feel that Rennes is just that bit too small.

Not really sure where it'll be. Don't know if I have sufficient data science skills yet to get a proper position in industry. Going to try out for an EU role, but have doubts about that. It's about a 20% uplift for changing to a better French place. And that would add a lot of prestige for next move after that as the place I'm thinking of is a bit of a beast on the world business school rankings. Or then there's maybe Switzerland for massive uplift but loads of doubts as to whether that country is just too boring to live in.

Decisions, decisions!
                            Sounds great. My only advice would be to avoid Paris if you can, although most of the best grandes ecoles are there. I feel after Dublin and Rennes, Paris is not worth the 20%. It's a big block of beautiful masonry with no foliage and lots of angry people.

Comment

Comment

Not a chance of touching Paris with a bargepole! It'll be Lyon, Toulouse, or (very reluctantly) Lille if it's France.
                                great choices. Lille is a bit grim but a student party town so you'll fit right in!!!

i'd highly recommend Nantes as well if it was an option

Comment

Sam Bennett

Comment

Brady escaped punishment for the worst attempt at a headbutt ever.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                        Brady escaped punishment for the worst attempt at a headbutt ever.
                                        They really need to have some clause in rules about intent and/or potential to cause damage/injure.

The attempts at zero tolerance in the rule book probably cause as many problems as they solve.

Comment

I've heard Pia mentioned numerous times but haven't caught a glimpse yet.

I know he's looking for people to study IPO's for their dissertation in a few European countries as well as China, he should probably start bigging up the hanging out with Pia part.

Comment

Made the firm decision to change jobs, so will be somewhere new come next September. Love this time of life where you ponder what the future might be. Seems like a good time. Wife finishing her PhD in Jan, youngest kid will be starting school in September, on a big momentum research-wise so have the momentum to sell, and feel that Rennes is just that bit too small.

Not really sure where it'll be. Don't know if I have sufficient data science skills yet to get a proper position in industry. Going to try out for an EU role, but have doubts about that. It's about a 20% uplift for changing to a better French place. And that would add a lot of prestige for next move after that as the place I'm thinking of is a bit of a beast on the world business school rankings. Or then there's maybe Switzerland for massive uplift but loads of doubts as to whether that country is just too boring to live in.

Decisions, decisions!
                                            You might have to turn up for industry You can wing it on the job, just stay one python/R lesson ahead.

Also the most boring person I ever met from Switzerland, you have been warned.

Comment

Decisions, decisions!
                                              Guess you lost that screaming meeting

Your own immediate boardroom aside raising Swiss kids sounds like a terrible idea if you plan on having any sort of fun with them when they are grown ups.

Comment

Me checking bitcoin price this week

Comment

Went up 500 since I posted yesterday!

Did you buy some?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                    Went up 500 since I posted yesterday!

Did you buy some?
                                                    No I sold all mine on Monday .had bought at bottom of the China news dip,decided to cash out for a few reasons, not feeling so good about it now though!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                      You might have to turn up for industry You can wing it on the job, just stay one python/R lesson ahead.

Also the most boring person I ever met from Switzerland, you have been warned.
                                                      We met some Swiss girls when we were over in Berlin. One of them of them came to visit Dublin on her own and wanted to meet up. By the second night I was sweating spinal fluid trying to keep the conversation going. By the third night when she started telling me about witty word play that her and a German guy had had I realised I couldn't take any more.

When she asked where to meet I suggest a pub beside where she was staying, and walked her home after a couple of pints. As we were walking she mentioned there was a sign further down the road in the direction where I lived that she didn't understand, and maybe we could go take a look. Told her I'd look at it on the way home and message her.

Sometimes I regret not living abroad, but then I remember how much more fun Irish people are.

Comment

Oh yeah. She told me those noise rules are real. You need neighbourhood permission for a party. You can't hoover, or use a washing machine on a Sunday, and if you do people report you to the police. Christ.

Pretty sure if Hitch moved there there'd be a plebiscite organised to deport him for some peace and quiet.
                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 13-10-17, 13:17.

Comment

They are less boring than us at the footie

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                            They are less boring than us at the footie
                                                            Probably not allowed to play on Sunday in case someone cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                              Probably not allowed to play on Sunday in case someone cheers.
                                                              The hills are alive with the sound of Shhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Toblerone though.

Comment

You need nationalities to be mixed:

Simon Day from 'The Fast Show' talking about Tiger Woods and mixed races... funny as hell.

Comment

5 years smoke free today.

Car insurance came in, 550 last year, 825 this year...did i mow down 12 school children and forget about it ? ? cunce.
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                      We met some Swiss girls when we were over in Berlin. One of them of them came to visit Dublin on her own and wanted to meet up. By the second night I was sweating spinal fluid trying to keep the conversation going. By the third night when she started telling me about witty word play that her and a German guy had had I realised I couldn't take any more.

When she asked where to meet I suggest a pub beside where she was staying, and walked her home after a couple of pints. As we were walking she mentioned there was a sign further down the road in the direction where I lived that she didn't understand, and maybe we could go take a look. Told her I'd look at it on the way home and message her.

Sometimes I regret not living abroad, but then I remember how much more fun Irish people are.
                                                                      She was clearly angling for the ride back at yours. School boy error not to spot that

Comment

Fantasy Premier League question.

One of the leagues i'm added one was closed to new entries after week 1. Can i just untick the box, change it to week 9 and then update it again without affecting anything?

A couple of new guys want to join but don't want to mess anything up. Presume they will just start with their current points too?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                          5 years smoke free today.

Car insurance came in, 550 last year, 825 this year...did i mow down 12 school children and forget about it ? ? cunce.
                                                                          Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                          got my renewal notice this week as well. thieves.
                                                                          Mine was 525 last year, renewal came in at 650 (with the AA) every other quote I got came in higher again. I'm driving over 20 years, full licence, no penalty points and have never had a claim (please don't do it to me BBV! )

Told the AA they were too high and they said they could do nothing on it. Went online to the AA and signed up as a new customer (different e-mail address) they came in higher again but when they called to follow up on the quote, the guy who rang was able to get it done to 535 so went with it but was also annoyed that they could come down after being so adamant that they couldn't.

Comment

I renewed my car insurance recently and got a reasonably good deal going with Chill Insurance, I qualified for their 'in-house' insurers, that only extend policies to over 30s with good profiles (5+ years NCB, etc). Paid €550 last year with Allianz, same crowd quoted me €620 this year, was quoted €625 or so with Chill and negotiated down to €540. All online quotes I got were a good bit higher. To get a quotation from the in-house crowd I think you need to talk to them on the phone.

Comment

My insurance actually came down by about 90 quid this yr. Allianz. Rep was brill on phone too. Deffo worth giving a call.
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Also quite mysterious that you have to insure it with an Irish company. The plane is insured with Allianz UK no questions asked.

Comment

TV3 made a hilarious ooops.

Comment

...

Comment

A1 speech from Juncker

Comment

Still don't get it.

Comment

The Meyerowitz Stories is a decent watch n Netflix.

Interesting to see films such as this and Okja which would have fairly high grossing cinema takings opting for Netflix now. Makes you wonder will cinema die out in the next ten years or so if trend continues.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                              Still don't get it.
                                                                                              +1 What am I missing?
                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                +1 What am I missing?
                                                                                                Read it.
                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                  Read it.
                                                                                                  Aha, couldn't read the text on the mobile.
                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working on a project here and trying to convince the team to name the release something fun.

One of the Devs (PHD in Maths) wants to call is Frederick Kurzweil. Ray Kurzweils (futurist) oul lad who Ray wanted to clone and digitize.

Our definitions of fun are different mate. Team settled on Kurzweils law.

Banter.
                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                      Also quite mysterious that you have to insure it with an Irish company. The plane is insured with Allianz UK no questions asked.
                                                                                                      Do you? Friends motorbikes are insured in germany

Comment

Some familiar faces...

Mark Buckley
                                                                                                        Lee Egan
                                                                                                        Chris Dowling
                                                                                                        Rory Rees Brennan
                                                                                                        Tom Hanlon
                                                                                                        Noel Hayes
                                                                                                        Andrew Grimason
                                                                                                        Was this recorded? I.e available to watch anywhere now ?

Comment

Is that Louis CK thing legit? I wouldn't have thought it. He seems quite genuine. Did hear some bad things about the guy who plays Ari Gold in Entourage.

Not quite sure what the Woody Allen thing is? There was a whole lot of crazy allegations made by his wife after he divorced her, but thought they were accepted as nonsense. Plus him marrying his stepdaughter seems strange on paper, but that is a story blown massively out of proportion. That she was an adult when he met her, and she was never really his stepdaughter. Strange stuff, but doesn't seem wrong. Maybe there's something else I'm missing.
                                                                                                          Woody Allen is full blown nonce.hes been accused by his own biological daughter of abuse when she was 7 and seems like there’s plenty evidence
                                                                                                          For decades, Dylan Farrow’s claims of abuse at the hands of her adopted father, which he refutes, have been systematically distorted. The author of two heavily vetted investigative reports weighs in with the cold, hard facts.

His son(or maybe sinatras son) also wrote an article about it which is very good on why the media don’t dig into this kind of stiff(all about the access)

Despite Dylan Farrow's damning allegations of sexual abuse, the director of Cannes' opening film today remains beloved by stars, paid by Amazon and rarely interrogated by media as his son, Ronan Farrow, writes about the culture of acquiescence surrounding his father.

CK thing has a lot of traction too,multiple accusers including a onetime collaborator.he has addressed the allegations and not exactly come out with anything resembling a denial

Don’t think I’ve ever laughed at anything in a Woody Allen film,absolute shite
                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 13-10-17, 19:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                            +1 What am I missing?
                                                                                                            The dumb bitch said will they won't there. This makes little sense

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                              The Meyerowitz Stories is a decent watch n Netflix.

Interesting to see films such as this and Okja which would have fairly high grossing cinema takings opting for Netflix now. Makes you wonder will cinema die out in the next ten years or so if trend continues.
                                                                                                              They said that when the goggle box came out

Comment

2 tries in space of a minute for the Nordies

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                  Was this recorded? I.e available to watch anywhere now ?
                                                                                                                  5/10 Holdem going at the moment.

Chris Dowling
                                                                                                                  Blaaaaah
                                                                                                                  Alex T
                                                                                                                  Andy Black
                                                                                                                  Patrick Clarke
                                                                                                                  Kevin Malone
                                                                                                                  Couple of foreigners

Runs till midnight I think.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                                    TV3 made a hilarious ooops.

https://streamable.com/wciwh
                                                                                                                    They're full of gaffes these days.

There was a lad on the first episode of blind date. Had been done in Australia for GBH and ran before sentencing so the dumb cunt went on national television. Australian authorities have been in touch looking for him.

Gf works in scheduling and didn't get home til about 8 tonight, they had to stay on and pull all the reruns of the episode and cut the segment out of every other show they had it in. 6 minutes to be replaced in a few shows. Gogglebox and the like.

Comment

On the lactose free white russians. Yummy

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                        5/10 Holdem going at the moment.

Chris Dowling
                                                                                                                        Blaaaaah
                                                                                                                        Alex T
                                                                                                                        Andy Black
                                                                                                                        Patrick Clarke
                                                                                                                        Kevin Malone
                                                                                                                        Couple of foreigners

Runs till midnight I think.

https://www.twitch.tv/cashgamefestival
                                                                                                                        Watched the plo last night was good, but why did they cut the stream at 12 when it was getting deep

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Hope she visits every summer.

"Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X