Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought adult (35) and child (10) tickets for the rugby on Sat.

Child has now dumped me in favour of more exciting options. Anyone know would stewards be strict on the child element or can I sneak an adult in?
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
      Beginning of the end for card sharing dodgy boxes? A bunch of channels including SS1 not working the last couple of days.
      Sky sports channels back but some minor stuff like Eurosport still gone. Hopefully a stay of execution until season end anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
        Sky sports channels back but some minor stuff like Eurosport still gone. Hopefully a stay of execution until season end anyway.
        Had a whopper day in work today over all this. Manager let me off at 2 pm
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Child has now dumped me in favour of more exciting options. Anyone know would stewards be strict on the child element or can I sneak an adult in?
          You'll be grand, you just scan at a turnstile sure, they wont see it.

Comment

Once its a small adult be grand

Comment

Its just a barcode isn't it
              Should be fine
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                Once its a small adult be grand
                Or far away

Comment

Someone send me link to good chrome book less than 300.mia dropped a glass of water on my hp laptop. Keyboard fucked. Won't type a few keys. Any way of fixing?

It's about 3/4 yrs old so prob fucked anyway and I think I'd like a chrome book
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Wife booked a weekend in Spain with a few mates before her mam died, which is this weekend. Her dad got pneumonia and is currently in theatre getting crud removed from his lungs while she's on the plane. Not even surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                      Someone send me link to good chrome book less than 300.mia dropped a glass of water on my hp laptop. Keyboard fucked. Won't type a few keys. Any way of fixing?

Dry it out. Be grand.
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Don't be silly 3/4 years isn't that old for a laptop, few years yet. Dry out the keyboard , leave it overnight.(upside down) You can also give it to a computer repair place , they'll take off the keyboard and clean any residue (including leaking botox). Don't shoot the horsie yet.

Comment

GTFO

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                            Don't be silly 3/4 years isn't that old for a laptop, few years yet. Dry out the keyboard , leave it overnight.(upside down) You can also give it to a computer repair place , they'll take off the keyboard and clean any residue (including leaking botox). Don't shoot the horsie yet.
                            I had in hot press last night. I'm not leaving into be fixed prob cost over 100 like. I got paid and also gonna cash at IO and feel like a treat. Constantly fighting over laptop with mia so I want a chrome book now!
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                              Dry it out. Be grand.
                              Thought you were the local chrome book sales rep, shocked
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Never thought I'd feel at one with Michael Heseltine. Must be getting old

"It's the day in which Britain lost more power and influence than in any other day of my peacetime life.” Lord Heseltine speaks to Emily Maitlis on the day A...
                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I had in hot press last night. I'm not leaving into be fixed prob cost over 100 like. I got paid and also gonna cash at IO and feel like a treat. Constantly fighting over laptop with mia so I want a chrome book now!
                                  gonna cash ? worse players have made the FT. Go for it, pretends it's a customer with a failing dodgy box . Be a good story . g'wan the satnav .

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                                    gonna cash ? worse players have made the FT. Go for it, pretends it's a customer with a failing dodgy box . Be a good story . g'wan the satnav .
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                      Never thought I'd feel at one with Michael Heseltine. Must be getting old
                                      A couple of months ago I had had the exact moment Declan Lynch describes here

This song by "Roger Whittaker" was released in 1969 and made number 12 in the UK charts.

Comment

Thought you were the local chrome book sales rep, shocked
                                        Get one with SSD. Class. Comes with a keyboard, they throw that in gratis, you'll never look back. Sure it's only 10er a month over 30 months when you think about it which is less than the cost of a 34 cent stamp per day. Ya won't do better god's honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                          Get one with SSD. Class. Comes with a keyboard, they throw that in gratis, you'll never look back. Sure it's only 10er a month over 30 months when you think about it which is less than the cost of a 34 cent stamp per day. Ya won't do better god's honest.
                                          What's ssd?
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Is that a piercing, a particularly big hair or a frozen bogey hanging out of Mannix Flynns's nose?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              A couple of months ago I had had the exact moment Declan Lynch describes here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9XcuN5hZwk
                                              Roger was my secret shame as a kid. What a voice he had (never mind the old whistling)

The last farewell was my fav. Still love it.

Comment

Anyone who enjoyed Serial podcast should enjoy this

A new podcast from Serial and This American Life. Hosted by Brian Reed.

Opr

Comment

What's ssd?
                                                  Solid state drive, something to do with the hardrive, makes it fast as fuck. First one I bought had it, second one didn't. Still class, but sdd was the bees knees.

Comment

GTFO. Never heard that before. And wish I hadn't now. Painful. Up there with Jedward

Comment

Is that a piercing, a particularly big hair or a frozen bogey hanging out of Mannix Flynns's nose?
                                                      Did you bump into him on the street, or were you watching some TV show you don't want to tell us about?

Comment

Did you bump into him on the street, or were you watching some TV show you don't want to tell us about?
                                                        HE was on Prime Time looking for the council to keep cars in An Lar.

Probably will be out next calling for archaeologists to declare the road works a national monument and to stop them from turning them into a Luas line

Comment

Never fear Trump fans!

You will never see as much winning as in the near future. Now that DT has declared war on, well, er his own party.

Comment

GTFO. Never heard that before. And wish I hadn't now. Painful. Up there with Jedward
                                                            Was listening to this new Album today by Yo Yo Ma and the Silk Road, great stuff altogether.

Order The Silk Road Ensemble's new album, Sing Me Home, today at iTunes (http://smarturl.it/SingMeHome-iTunes), Amazon (http://smarturl.it/SingMeHome-amcd), ...

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                              Anyone who enjoyed Serial podcast should enjoy this

A new podcast from Serial and This American Life. Hosted by Brian Reed.

Opr
                                                              Got thru it yesterday,was pretty good. Was one ep which I thought was pretty irrelevant toward the end but solid stuff overall

Comment

Remove keyboard if possible. Should be a small rectangular hole that you clip is off with a screwdriver or hair slide.
                                                                Disconnect keyboard and put in in a bag of rice. Rice draws the moisture out.
                                                                Give the laptop, with keyboard removed, a blast of the hairdryer while you're there.

Edit: Raw/uncooked rice.
                                                                Last edited by Mellor; 30-03-17, 22:46.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                  FAO: Mods.

Rigger would now like to be known as Lord Sir Banter. Please do the needful.
                                                                  Lord Sir Bandinage has a ring to it.

Comment

Finally met newbie today at the IO. Was looking at the names on receipts at my table as some chump sat in the wrong seat. Instantly recognised his name and looked up. He chuckles and says don't be looking at me, I'm in the right spot! I just said howye newbie and he chuckled. Surely you cleaned that table.
                                                                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Dublin bus and DART out on sympathy strike now

Will be a cluster fuck for people trying to get to work today

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Cunts deserve to be spat at.

Comment

Fucking Cunce!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Probably for the best. Could be the final straw that leads to CIE breakup and privatisation. It's the end game anyway it's just a question of when it finally happens. No pain no gain.
                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                              Cunts deserve to be spat at.
                                                                              Harsh. It's a tough spot when a secondary strike is placed on a Dublin bus depot. What can the drivers do? Cross the line and get pilloried and possibly fucked later on, or stay outside and get the public against you because loss making bus Eireann workers are forcing your hand. Tricky spot.
                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Bike to Work scheme looking better by the day.

Two words: 'driverless technology'. Bring it on and sack all these gimps with no payoff.

Comment

Guy in our place gets 2 buses and 2 darts every day . I’d say he’s like the vegetarian who mistakenly receives steak in a restaurant. (secretly delighted)

Comment

Fiery Wasabi - welcome your thoughts as to how this is justified.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                      Harsh. It's a tough spot when a secondary strike is placed on a Dublin bus depot. What can the drivers do? Cross the line and get pilloried and possibly fucked later on, or stay outside and get the public against you because loss making bus Eireann workers are forcing your hand. Tricky spot.
                                                                                      Not sure - I just walked past a picket at the donnybrook DB depot. Doesn't serve bus eireann.

Incidentally I also took the opportunity to briefly discuss their grievances and sure enough they couldn't articulate any reasonable grounds for the strike. "It is what it is lad"

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                        'workers' from all companies are picketing.

Unions are poison 99% of the time.

Comment

Hey if I was able to get €68K a year for driving a Bus < 40 hours a week I'd kill to try and protect la dolce vita

Comment

Cycle in was grand. Lots of people trying to hitch when it definitely looked quicker to walk.

Comment

Sister and niblicks stayed with me in Mulhuddart to avoid the Bus Eireann strike. I got on the 7.40am bus blissfully unaware of the strike, they stayed in bed for an extra 30 minutes and are now walking.
                                                                                              I'm sure they'll laugh about it someday.

Comment

Aintree pool clambering towards 4 figures.

Comment

Parked up in the phoenix park and walked for the luas. Beautiful morning for a walk at least.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                    Fiery Wasabi - welcome your thoughts as to how this is justified.
                                                                                                    It's not justified and completely illegal too.

If you have a look at the DB website you will see that 1 no.1 was operating. That was me. Bus Eireann didn't stop when we were on strike. I have 3 mortgages to pay as well, the bank manager would have lots of sympathy I'm sure.

Comment

Buses are back
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                                        It's not justified and completely illegal too.

If you have a look at the DB website you will see that 1 no.1 was operating. That was me. Bus Eireann didn't stop when we were on strike. I have 3 mortgages to pay as well, the bank manager would have lots of sympathy I'm sure.
                                                                                                        Are we talking about the 'sympathy strikes' here specifically?

Just asking out of interest & ignorance - not getting ready to argue FWIW!

Comment

how much is a taxi out to City West from city centre, 30/40 blips?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                            Site here - https://www.bettertaxi.com/taxi-fare-calculator/dublin/ - suggests 27 quid from Dawson Street to City West.

Sounds about right in normal conditions I guess, maybe a little on the cheap side.

Comment

Yeah but with traffic could be more than 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                Luas too common?

Comment

Red Line Luas, wear your stocktrader red braces obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                    Yeah but with traffic could be more than 50.
                                                                                                                    FWIW I had no problem with traffic at 9.30 this morning - lighter than usual if anything.

Comment

Yeah today is actually a good day to get it tbf!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                        Luas too common?
                                                                                                                        Doesn't run 24/7 if I end up playing cash. And probably better ev not carrying cash on the Red line!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X