Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
    What did your kid think?
    Watched it alone. Found a good copy online. And everyone was right, I wouldn't let her watch it
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Ryanair full cancel list published. Hols to South of France still on. Top man Mick.

Comment

In the greater scheme of things this isn't that big a deal to Ryanair - it affects 2% of their capacity for a period of about a month, so maybe 200,000 customers when they carry north of 100 million a year. You could take the view that whilst bad PR, it demonstrates their operation is obviously lean as fuck so I reckon any share price fall should rebound pretty quickly. If they can up the recruitment and refine their resource models they should be in a pretty good place as capacity increases over the next couple of years.

Comment

Cool, all wedding flights staying on schedule
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
              In the greater scheme of things this isn't that big a deal to Ryanair - it affects 2% of their capacity for a period of about a month, so maybe 200,000 customers when they carry north of 100 million a year. You could take the view that whilst bad PR, it demonstrates their operation is obviously lean as fuck so I reckon any share price fall should rebound pretty quickly. If they can up the recruitment and refine their resource models they should be in a pretty good place as capacity increases over the next couple of years.
              That's why I'm amazed that they let the PR get away from them, heads will roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                That's why I'm amazed that they let the PR get away from them, heads will roll.
                It's Ryanair, people get allocated a middle seat and there's a hundred hours of radio coverage. This was going to be an impossible one to mitigate from a PR point of view imo.

Comment

This might be close... Leicester

Comment

Tuned in expecting to see Leicester getting slaughtered. Wasn't disappointed.

Comment

Cool, all wedding flights staying on schedule
                      Feck !
                      Only searched Bergamo but the Copenhagen and Edinburgh flights are listed as Milan B

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          Tuned in expecting to see Leicester getting slaughtered. Wasn't disappointed.
                          Last year I was right about 90%, think I've only managed two so far this series

Winners were very good, probably gone Fav from what we've seen so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            what does that mean, that the flights are off? Hope not!

ye might have to joxer goes to stuttgart it.
                            Trying to find out now if its the booked flights that are cancelled. Think we are ok from Scotland but looking like the lads coming from Copenhagen are cancelled, we should be easy enough to find an alternative.

Comment

Winners were very good, probably gone Fav from what we've seen so far.
                              Yea would agree.

Comment

What do you base it on? Team that looks the most autistic?
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Ah FFS either they have updated the list or I missed return flights to dublin listed as Milan B.
                                  Loads of returns to Dublin I have booked are cancelled, ah well might need to stay longer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                    What do you base it on? Team that looks the most autistic?
                                    kind of

Subjects studied gets the most weight, demeanor and I bias towards age and experience.

Comment

That Horizon about Cassini was good. Though the highlight for me was twigging that the narrator was Johnson from Peep Show.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                        Jaysus that Focus Ireland ad is powerful stuff.
                                        Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                        Just saw it. Was having a grand Sunday before they put the dampener on it
                                        I run a soup run every Monday night at the GPO. We've been doing it now since Feb 2016. We regularly get kids come to us for food. Some of the kids are from a few months to 6-7 years old and they are in emergency accommodation and have little to no cooking facilities which is why they come to us. There is one girl in particular who is only about 6 and she is an absolute dote, she always wants to help out or play with one of us and we duly (and are happy to) oblige (it also gives her mum a bit of a break) but it's also heart breaking that a 6 year old thinks it's perfectly normal to go to O'Connell St at 8PM to get fed.

There are also some teenagers that come every so often. Some are with their parents and you can tell just by looking at them that they are absolutely mortified to be getting food from a soup run. There are also a few others who were definitely sleeping rough. There was four of them in total and they had set up a tent in the Phoenix's park to try look out for each other. They would never say why they all left home and we didn't push it either as it's not our place to do so. They were not on drink or drugs but in the back of my head, I couldn't help but worry that the longer they stay on the streets, the more likely it is to happen.

'Tis a pretty fucked up world
                                        Last edited by Lao Lao; 18-09-17, 22:33.

Comment

What flavour soup?
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                            What flavour soup?
                                            Normally vegetable soup m8 but we do lots more than soup. In fact, soup is actually a tiny part of what we serve. We give out clothes, serve tea/coffee/pot noodles. On cold food, we have sandwiches, fruit, chocolate bars, crisps, biscuits. Hot food can be anything from pasta, stew, coddle, curry & rice, it all depends on what we get.

A soup run, that serves very little soup. On ironic levels, it's Alanis Morissette.

Comment

That is ironic. I've passed it plenty of times, or similar ones on different days?
                                              Will keep an eye out next time for you. Give me a heads up on curry night.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                Normally vegetable soup m8 but we do lots more than soup. In fact, soup is actually a tiny part of what we serve. We give out clothes, serve tea/coffee/pot noodles. On cold food, we have sandwiches, fruit, chocolate bars, crisps, biscuits. Hot food can be anything from pasta, stew, coddle, curry & rice, it all depends on what we get.

A soup run, that serves very little soup. On ironic levels, it's Alanis Morissette.
                                                You've always been a good egg.
                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I run a soup run every Monday night at the GPO. We've been doing it now since Feb 2016. We regularly get kids come to us for food. Some of the kids are from a few months to 6-7 years old and they are in emergency accommodation and have little to no cooking facilities which is why they come to us. There is one girl in particular who is only about 6 and she is an absolute dote, she always wants to help out or play with one of us and we duly (and are happy to) oblige (it also gives her mum a bit of a break) but it's also heart breaking that a 6 year old thinks it's perfectly normal to go to O'Connell St at 8PM to get fed.

There are also some teenagers that come every so often. Some are with their parents and you can tell just by looking at them that they are absolutely mortified to be getting food from a soup run. There are also a few others who were definitely sleeping rough. There was four of them in total and they had set up a tent in the Phoenix's park to try look out for each other. They would never say why they all left home and we didn't push it either as it's not our place to do so. They were not on drink or drugs but in the back of my head, I couldn't help but worry that the longer they stay on the streets, the more likely it is to happen.

'Tis a pretty fucked up world
                                                  I don't know you from adam but have most likely walked past you guys 20-30 times in the past year and really love your work. Great job Lao Lao, please keep it up.

Edit: ye guys ever really actually need food or clothes? genuine question as can pass by on occasional weeks with both if needed as have a good bit left over on occasion
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

That is ironic. I've passed it plenty of times, or similar ones on different days?
                                                    Will keep an eye out next time for you. Give me a heads up on curry night.
                                                    Who would of thoughtttttt it figures?

Comment

That is an amazing thing to do Lao Lao. it is so sad to see that so many have to rely on a service like this. Shame we so far away as I have a ton of decent clothes I could have given over from the 5-16 and then adults.

Comment

Fair play Lao Lao. Reminds me of when I was dropping off a few sacks of baby clothes to the wimmins refuge centre in Rathmine’s recently. I was knocking away on the door and nothing, nobody answering.

I knocked harder, shouting , HELLO HELLO. Still nothing. I didn’t wanna return with my sacks still full.(oooh matron) So I banged again. (ooh) Nothing. I was about to get back into the car when the door opened and several wimmin of various colour jumped back as I appeared with a big grin.They must have thought I was there to kill them all the way they reacted.

Anyway, I explained and they relaxed their faces and took the clothes gratefully. We’re not all murderers girls. Still though, a pretty bleak life to be hiding from some violent manipulative bastard.

Been back since . Ring them 1st though.

Comment

Comment

More people should enter Flushdraw's sheep game.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                  More people should enter Flushdraw's sheep game.
                                                                  Yes sir.

Comment

^^^ indeed BBV provides vastly better investment advice like the above than just about everything in the Irish media which is largely populated by financial illiterates.
                                                                    Knowing the difference between revenue and profit puts you ahead of most Irish journalists.

Comment

see you at the weekend mates http://dublinvegfest.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                        see you at the weekend mates http://dublinvegfest.com/
                                                                        Just one letter change could make that such a great festival.

Comment

No free lunches m8

Comment

Comment

Surely a 24 inch penis would be more of a hindrance than a help, for a soccer player?
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                  Surely a 24 inch penis would be more of a hindrance than a help, for a soccer player?
                                                                                  Depends if he's a grower or a shower. Who are we talking about?
                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

You just tape it to your leg
                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Mine was 23 inches . I had to lob it into the box.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                        Depends if he's a grower or a shower. Who are we talking about?
                                                                                        Some chant about Lukaku.
                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Irish Poker Beers planned for 7th October. All welcome. PM Dobby for more details.
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

wha??
                                                                                            2nd law of thermodynamics innit?

Comment

Irish Poker Beers planned for 7th October. All welcome. PM Dobby for more details.
                                                                                              Jaysus don't leave him in charge of picking a venue!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                Jaysus don't leave him in charge of picking a venue!
                                                                                                As long as they serve €10 G&T's in a bowl I don't really mind where
                                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

"You're welcome to come down to the Dáil at any point and sit here with me, it'd be great to have a bit of company."

Comment

That is not a joke by the way. That is really happening.

Latest polls show only 28% support for abortion on demand. But if there is something you believe is right and can help people you gotta go all the way. I believe it's right..so win or lose, we try our best.

Comment

Fair play to him. You coming for pince on the 7th? I promise we'll be there this time.

Comment

Scrolls through thread to see what you are talking about. 7th well i dunno I will pm dob anyhow and see

But it's lovely to be asked. I have seen sat in life so i know what she looks like ...she isn't intimidating either

Comment

BTW i hope tim jackson dies ...we should take odds on how long he'll last.

Comment

Just got invited to a BOI golf day in the KClub with a clinic from Paul Dunne on Friday. The boom is definitely back

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                                              BTW i hope tim jackson dies ...we should take odds on how long he'll last.
                                                                                                              Seems a bit harsh. He's just trying to save a bunch of unborn children. You seem to be very low on empathy, PAF.

Comment

Hi m8s

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                                  Hi m8s
                                                                                                                  Yo Dawg

Comment

Seems a bit harsh. He's just trying to save a bunch of unborn children. You seem to be very low on empathy, PAF.
                                                                                                                    Is it really going to make any difference??

Personally think he is an idiot! But it IS HIS body, so he can do what the fk he likes I guess. Oh wait he wont like that statement will he? he thinks that other people should dictate what happens with some folks bodies

Comment

He is a member of youth defense (who have links to neo nazis ) ...he shared a platform with George pell a convicted child abuser..

And the strike ends at 7 every evening.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                        Is it really going to make any difference??

Personally think he is an idiot! But it IS HIS body, so he can do what the fk he likes I guess. Oh wait he wont like that statement will he? he thinks that other people should dictate what happens with some folks bodies
                                                                                                                        Pretty much his choice an all..I am pro choice.

i am taking the piss though...he eats in the evenings after 7!

Comment

You seem to be very low on empathy, PAF.
                                                                                                                          I am a bad ass .

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          and he is a gobshite who wants to force women through pregnancy...

The only people not ripping the piss and taking this seriously though ...are his youth defense mates.

He is a twat.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 19-09-17, 16:19.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X