Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
    Welcome to the neighbourhood! It's an excellent location, has pretty much everything you'll need/want.
    Including Eamon Dunphy. Great part of Dublin all right . A sea view needed though to put it at the top.

Comment

check out cassinis last hours https://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/mission/...s-cassini-now/
      *theres a planet coming right for you cassini!

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
        Anyone want to swap a hogan stand ticket for my hill 16 ticket?

Might be able to do it with a Cusack stand if any use. Won't know for definite till later.

Comment

No Northside character down that way though. Fake Dublin
          airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Flying to Atlanta in the morning for Packers @ Falcons on Sunday night. So excited to see the new $1.5 billion dollar stadium in the flesh and should be a good game too

Start in the clouds and dive down to ground level and enter the Mercedes-Benz Stadium via one of its vast plazas, glide around the seating bowl and peek insi...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  around Chelmsford Road? Those are woeful looking bedsits, but so handy for Trinity.
                  Its around Anna Villa recently renovated friend of a friend type thing so definitely got cheap.

I didn't see your name on the timetable either, maybe semester 2

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        Do most people not buy and sell through an exchange?
                        Yeah. And as far as I'm aware, there don't reported anywhere. The same way same property or interest is reported.

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                        Bitcoin is literally just a ledger. It's easy to read from and very hard to write to, but it's still a ledger. Anyone with enough computational power can trace the activity of any piece of it. Tying a coin to real world activity is tricky, but once you've done that it's real easy to track it across its lifespan. Coins are certainly not anonymous.
                        Coins are inanimate though, they have no identity. I wasn't suggesting that transactions are invisible, they don't need to be. But I meant that If you bought 1 bitcoin, and then sold 1 bit coin to me and then I sold it to Denny. There's a record of those transactions. But there's no record of how much profit you or I made, or even that it was you or I.

If identities were easy to reveal, I don't tax evasion would be the focus anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                          No Northside character down that way though. Fake Dublin
                          I'm a Northside character, the area has improved massively since my arrival

Comment

Does a casuality mean people are dead? Can never remember: one word that emergency services use can mean either there are people with injuries or possibly dead, while another means people are dead.

From here:
                            People who are confirmed dead is Fatalities
                            People with injuries are simple the Injured or the Wounded.
                            Casualties is fatalities and injured people collectively. Presumably when details are still sketchy.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                              Thankfully secured a room last night. .
                              Ranelagh in the end, under 800 with bills and 30 minutes walk to college so not terrible in the current market. It's only till February but that may end up suiting better.
                              Mcsorleys is a nice spot for some beverages.
                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                check out cassinis last hours https://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/mission/...s-cassini-now/
                                Think that Simpsons episode about Homer going into space got it right. Just can't ever seem to be interested in anything space related.

Comment

Think that Simpsons episode about Homer going into space got it right. Just can't ever seem to be interested in anything space related.
                                  I think most people are more excited by what will happen that anything that is happening as it's all pretty basic stuff. Apart from rocket launches, go to one of those.

Here are some explosions

EDIT: I've thought about it some more and you're probably just dead inside.
                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 15-09-17, 11:18.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                    Mcsorleys is a nice spot for some beverages.
                                    McSorley's is a kip. Cannot understand the popularity.

Humphrey's on the other hand is a great pub.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                      Cassini is just about the greatest achievement of us apes yet. And it melts into Saturn in the same year as our low point, well since we pulled back from the brink in the 30's anyway
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

First world problems.

I have a big wedding anniversary next feb, finding it hard to decide where to go. We have been putting a few bob away and have ~5k to spend. Less is better.

So far we have:

Cancun, all inclusive...stuck in a compound with food i may not like.

Mauritius, similar, all inclusive.

Thailand, 3 days in bangkok and then 6/7 near a beach, would only do B and B here as i would like eating out.

No interest in S.America or S.Africa. I would love to visit Tasmania but may be stretching the budget for 2 weeks.

Nordic cruise is another one i would like to do but they only run may, june and july.

Any other ideas ? ?
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Thankfully secured a room last night. .
                                            Ranelagh in the end, under 800 with bills and 30 minutes walk to college so not terrible in the current market. It's only till February but that may end up suiting better.
                                            A room... for 800... not too bad we sure are back!

Daughter has a really nice two bed apartment in Glasgow half way between center and university for substantially less than that.

Comment

I need an internal door for one of rooms in my house. Where is best to get one and how much am I talking?
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                First world problems.

I have a big wedding anniversary next feb, finding it hard to decide where to go. We have been putting a few bob away and have ~5k to spend. Less is better.

So far we have:

Thailand, 3 days in bangkok and then 6/7 near a beach, would only do B and B here as i would like eating out.

No interest in S.America or S.Africa. I would love to visit Tasmania but may be stretching the budget for 2 weeks.

Nordic cruise is another one i would like to do but they only run may, june and july.

Any other ideas ? ?
                                                Canggu in Bali would be my suggestion for definite. Great hotels and food quite cheap and less built up than Seminyak/Ubud. Everywhere on the island is reachable maybe an hour to all the spots to visit. Its a great spot I'll definitely be back.
                                                Sri Lanka is another Ive heard great things about too.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  A room... for 800... not too bad we sure are back!

Daughter has a really nice two bed apartment in Glasgow half way between center and university for substantially less than that.

I do remember looking at Edinburgh when I was applying but similar courses were around 20k GBP. Perhaps if the exchange rate had been more favourable I would have tried because living costs are definitely substantially less than Dublin

Last edited by Guest; 15-09-17, 12:22. Reason: Poor joke

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                    McSorley's is a kip. Cannot understand the popularity.

Humphrey's on the other hand is a great pub.
                                                    Poor man's coppers imo
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Canggu in Bali would be my suggestion for definite. Great hotels and food quite cheap and less built up than Seminyak/Ubud. Everywhere on the island is reachable maybe an hour to all the spots to visit. Its a great spot I'll definitely be back.
                                                      Sri Lanka is another Ive heard great things about too.
                                                      Heading there Monday for a couple of weeks. Will report back.

Some poor fucker out there on a holiday this week went to wash his hands in a lagoon after taking a piss and got pulled under and killed by a crocodile. So grim.

@Ole ye seem to be looking at places farther afield but four of us rented a 40 foot yacht to go sailing around some of the Greek islands for a week last year and it was out of this world. The boat cost €2k including the skipper and we found it hard to spend money over there. You'd probably do what you like in terms of eating, drinking etc for €3.5k all in, could easily spend way less than that as well.

Outside of that if you were to go with Thailand I would recommend taking a look at Krabi.

You would be well advised to reconsider South Africa by the way, Cape Town and the Garden Route at least are amazing. Food and drink there off the charts.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                        Heading there Monday for a couple of weeks. Will report back.

Some poor fucker out there on a holiday this week went to wash his hands in a lagoon after taking a piss and got pulled under and killed by a crocodile. So grim.

@Ole ye seem to be looking at places farther afield but four of us rented a 40 foot yacht to go sailing around some of the Greek islands for a week last year and it was out of this world. The boat cost €2k including the skipper and we found it hard to spend money over there. You'd probably do what you like in terms of eating, drinking etc for €3.5k all in, could easily spend way less than that as well.

Outside of that if you were to go with Thailand I would recommend taking a look at Krabi.

You would be well advised to reconsider South Africa by the way, Cape Town and the Garden Route at least are amazing. Food and drink there off the charts.
                                                        Krabi was recommended by a mate, will deffo look at that, the beaches look amazing.

It has to somewhere warm in Feb, I will give Sri lanka another look, what side are you heading to, the food there is supposed to be amazing.

Bali aswell....as i said, first world problems.

We just need to pick a destination and stick to it.
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 15-09-17, 12:54.

Comment

Krabi was recommended by a mate, will deffo look at that, the beaches look amazing.

It has to somewhere warm in Feb, I will give Sri lanka another look, what side are you heading to, the food there is supposed to be amazing.

you could stop off in Singapore (on the way there or on the way back for some awesome food), then head to krabi, bali, wherever you fancy...

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                              Flying to Atlanta in the morning for Packers @ Falcons on Sunday night. So excited to see the new $1.5 billion dollar stadium in the flesh and should be a good game too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26kWnXFWqRU
                                                              That looks class, I hope you have a good go fuck yourself

First world problems.

So far we have:

Any other ideas ? ?
                                                              Santa Ponsa?

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post

Santa Ponsa?
                                                                Im going there for the summer holidays.
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

I'm surprised that as a meat lover you are ruling out SA. Never been, but a real land of the carnivore I believe. Nearly pulled the trigger on there for honeymoon, but didn't.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                      Yeah. And as far as I'm aware, there don't reported anywhere. The same way same property or interest is reported.

Coins are inanimate though, they have no identity. I wasn't suggesting that transactions are invisible, they don't need to be. But I meant that If you bought 1 bitcoin, and then sold 1 bit coin to me and then I sold it to Denny. There's a record of those transactions. But there's no record of how much profit you or I made, or even that it was you or I.

If identities were easy to reveal, I don't tax evasion would be the focus anyway.
                                                                      If you have money going into your account unexplainable and undeclared you may to explain at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                        I'm a Northside character, the area has improved massively since my arrival
                                                                        The Northside has improved massively since your departure.

Posh Southside git. Bet you buy fancy tonic for your designer gin...
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

[QUOTE=Mellor;1038851]Yeah. And as far as I'm aware, there don't reported anywhere. The same way same property or interest is reported./QUOTE]

Is it not reasonably easy for revenue to track anyone that's trading though an exchange via their bank account?

Comment

not a bother dom, your next proper holiday is coming up in a mere 18 years, so you can go then.
                                                                            Be grand. A long as all the animals aren't extinct by then it'll be ok.

I'm looking forward to when the kid is tall enough to go on proper rollercoasters. The missus is terrified of them so not much point going to a proper theme park until I have the young lad on board a well. Lions can wait.

Comment

First world problems.

So far we have:

Any other ideas ? ?
                                                                              Bali is awesome. I can't recommend this place in Ubud enough. It's fantastic. Great hospitality and nice touches everywhere. For example, they give you a hand made metal sign with your name on it as a keepsake. Difficult hotel to find though! It's up a big hill so away from the centre of Ubud - more secluded.

I stayed a week there and then a week here in Sanur. Another superb hotel. Ubud is more for exploring and Sanur is more for relaxing so a week of both is a nice mix.

If you do decide to go to Bali, feel free to PM me as I've done most of the activities you can do there.

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                              That looks class, I hope you have a good go fuck yourself
                                                                              I'll post some pics on Sunday night just for you

Comment

Newbie2's union posts making more sense now

Comment

Yeah an FT journalist - that Sri Lanka guy. He wrote for the FT on Tuesday about how to pick the best champagne to go with your lifestyle of being a big swinging dick in the markets, and by Thursday he was being swallowed by a crocodile. Thats a swings-and-roundabouts type of week.

Edit: The FT article on him. Seems like a bit of a star. The champagne article wasn't about choosing champagne at all but a rather smart article about the economic threats to that industry.
                                                                                  The edit here is disappointing because the reading original version of the post was a glolm.

We are doing a food tour all over so I hope you're right!

I'm looking forward to it, have a feeling it's going to be very good:

Witness the amazing Sri Lankan seafood on offer at the Negombo seafood market

Spend time with welcoming locals keen to share the mysteries of Sri Lankan cuisine – learn Tamil, Sinhalese, and Bergher cooking in their homes

Soak up the scenery while sipping a glass of the local arak – Sri Lanka’s signature local liquor

Spoil your tastebuds with flavour-filled curries and sweet desserts, and treat your eyes to banquets of rainbow spices, vibrant vegetables and colourful sambol
                                                                                  Take a food-filled journey through Sri Lanka, spending 12 days cooking and eating in Kandy, Bandarawela, Mirissa, Colombo and more.

Would be nice not to come home two stone heavier but realistically as long as I can avoid getting eaten by a crocodile at this stage I'll have to look at it as a win.

Comment

Hoping the food is more like Indian than Thai is the only thing cos I didn't really like the food in Thailand much. I get it, ye like coconuts.

Comment

The opening of a Happy Pear cafe in Clondalkin is an interesting experiment in multiculturalism.

Comment

I did see one couple wearing loose fitting grey sweat pants and random sports team tops but they were as conspicuously faking it as an American tourist in Bewleys with a tweed cap and an Aran sweater.

Comment

Why do Peacocks support Mayo.? Fuck them. Fuck them peacocks . I even googled it to see was it just the peacock out my way but no, they all support Mayo. Bastards. YouTube it. Mayoo Mayooo They are in for a shock on Sunday
                                                                                          Last edited by Solksjaer!; 15-09-17, 14:35.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                            If you have money going into your account unexplainable and undeclared you may to explain at some point.
                                                                                            Is it not reasonably easy for revenue to track anyone that's trading though an exchange via their bank account?
                                                                                            As Emmet said, if it's pumping straight into your bank account in obvious deposits you are doing it wrong.
                                                                                            I doubt anyone here is dealing with millions worth. It's not difficult to mode to send money without lodging it to a bank account these days.
                                                                                            I just paid my gas bill from PayPal.

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                                            Bali is awesome. I can't recommend this place in Ubud enough. It's fantastic. Great hospitality and nice touches everywhere. For example, they give you a hand made metal sign with your name on it as a keepsake. Difficult hotel to find though! It's up a big hill so away from the centre of Ubud - more secluded.

I stayed a week there and then a week here in Sanur. Another superb hotel. Ubud is more for exploring and Sanur is more for relaxing so a week of both is a nice mix.

If you do decide to go to Bali, feel free to PM me as I've done most of the activities you can do there.
                                                                                            I might hit you up for a PM. Booked Bali last week, 21st to 30th December.
                                                                                            3 nights in Kuta, 3 nights in Seminiyak and 3 nights on Gilli islands.
                                                                                            I was in Phuket at easter and the bar was set pretty high.

Comment

I've decided I shall cheer for Dublin on Sunday. 2 reasons. Reason one, fuck Mayo. It's so good getting to see their fans full of hope all year and for it a to end in tears. Also the fans give you a load of abuse at games and are cunts. Reason 2, this Dublin team is special, very special, like once in a lifetime special and in 30 years they will be talked about as legends and we get to see it now. Just like you hear aul lads these days go on about the great Kerry teams in the 70's, we'll be talking about this Dublin team. Also I've only ever had the craic and banter with Dublin fans, never any abuse or anything. So....

Up the bleedin Dubz

Comment

Flags update:
                                                                                                Half a dozen mayo branded cars visible in the car parks here, not a single Dublin flag to be seen. Sad.

Comment

George Hook suspended. That Dil one, some cunt.

Comment

Flags update:
                                                                                                    Half a dozen mayo branded cars visible in the car parks here, not a single Dublin flag to be seen. Sad.
                                                                                                    Two flags gone up in my estate today. They weren't there yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                      George Hook suspended. That Dil one, some cunt.
                                                                                                      George Hook thing is really a good example of everything wrong with all these SJW. The guy said something probably wrong but really everyone in their souls know what he was saying made some sense. Like yeah it's horrible if you get robbed but if your walking around with your pocket open it's more likely to happen. It's horrible if you get beaten up but if you walk down dark lanes at night it's more likely to happen.

The witch hunt itself though is defo the most upsetting thing I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                        George Hook thing is really a good example of everything wrong with all these SJW. The guy said something probably wrong but really everyone in their souls know what he was saying made some sense. Like yeah it's horrible if you get robbed but if your walking around with your pocket open it's more likely to happen. It's horrible if you get beaten up but if you walk down dark lanes at night it's more likely to happen.

The witch hunt itself though is defo the most upsetting thing I reckon.
                                                                                                        I would disagree to an extent about agreeing with what he said but get what you are saying. The thing for me is that he said something and afterwards said it was wrong and he apologised. I don't think he means to blame women for being raped which off course would be awful.

The witch hunt is a fucking disgrace and feminazis are using it to promote themselves like that cunt Dil did all the way through the equality vote discussions. Cunts.

Comment

Trying to catch falling daggers is a handy way to lose everything! Its the golden investment rule to never buy something that is falling, or sell something that is rising.
                                                                                                          Leader in cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, blockchain, DeFi, digital finance and Web 3.0 news with analysis, video and live price updates.

gogogo

BTC is weird eg, it has a lot of people that literally have it set up like a pension to automatically put some of their wage in every month, it has so many people autobuying at certain human psychological price points, it has people who see it falling in value and think ah yes, perfect, time to spend thousands on it.
                                                                                                          It's like it thrives on bad news. ()apart from the obvious manipulation of big players creating the bad news for gain)

It's lifetime high in June ($3k) is seen as a bargain two months later.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 15-09-17, 15:26.

Comment

I did see one couple wearing loose fitting grey sweat pants and random sports team tops but they were as conspicuously faking it as an American tourist in Bewleys with a tweed cap and an Aran sweater.
                                                                                                            Why does it seem like a rule that in order to wait tables in Dublin you have to dress like a lunatic that fell through a second hand shop?

Also why are those filthy open communal containers of salt getting more and more prevalent?

Comment

Comment

Little baby girl born four weeks early by elective section. She's a beauty and she's doing great. Her Mama's in great shape too

For anyone that is friends with me on fb, we're keeping it v quiet, so it would be great if you didn't mention it on there.
                                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Irish government administration is so tilting. Its absolutely nuts.

Alberta don't offer an exchange programme and anyway, I lost my wallet with my Irish license inside so I requested the NDLS to send me out a driver history so I can get an exemption from the graduated licensing programme they have here and just to to do the final test.

NDLS email me the letter. All good. I send this on to the licensing authority here in Alberta. No dice.. would be too easy to manipulate. That fair I guess... I ask him my options?

He wants to speak to someone in NDLS... lol... I know how thats going to go. I say I'll try but if its not possible can I have the NDLS email him my statement directly to his work account. Yeah that should be ok.

Can the NDLS do either of these things? of course not. Cue the self important attitude. Does't even listen to what Im asking but continuously repeats the same thing over and over again...
                                                                                                                  "the driver statement is the only official document we have"

"I know, I get it, Im not asking for something else, Im asking you to send it on from your offices to the alberta licensing authority, even by email, it just needs to come from an official source and not through me".

"We can't release your information to a third party"

"its my information, can I set up a conference call and validate myself and then you answer his questions?"

"no"

Supervisor is less help, gives me an email to email and actually spells it wrong... TILT.

"Can I speak to the manager/director, jst to explain my case, I feel like he must have come across this before"

"No, he doesn't take phone calls"

"Email?"

"they need to go through our info@ndls.ie email"

Honestly, I really don't understand Irish government admin. Once they get into an office they put on their cunt socks and actually go out of their way to make it hard to get anything done.
                                                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                    Little baby girl born four weeks early by elective section. She's a beauty and she's doing great. Her Mama's in great shape too

For anyone that is friends with me on fb, we're keeping it v quiet, so it would be great if you didn't mention it on there.
                                                                                                                    This has markedly reduced my tilt. Congrats Conor! Glad to hear everyones doing ok!
                                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Congrats. Delighted for you
                                                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Delighted for ye, may she bring all the joy ye deserve.

Comment

Lovely news. Huge congrats

Samantha the obvious choice. (Up da dubs)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X