Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    24 hours sleep over 4 nights sounds like a massive win.
    Lol. Yeah wtf Michelle . Dja sleep or hibernate ?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      Ederson's face is in a bit of a mess after Mane's tackle. Liverpool are appealing the 3 match ban.

A yellow for the black red but not a red. Harsh but delicious

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Neilsen
        I cant livvvvvve

Comment

24 hours sleep over 4 nights sounds like a massive win.
          I meant 2.4 hours. Misclick...
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
            I meant 2.4 hours. Misclick...
            How the fk do you manage to say you slept 2.4 hours! at least say 2.5 like, I mean add or deduct a few mins to make it sound right.

You prob meant 24hrs right enough and realised the guys here would all LOVE that.

Me, I would need more than 24hours in 4 days for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              Ederson's face is in a bit of a mess after Mane's tackle. Liverpool are appealing the 3 match ban.

Your man has both a sad face and a smiley face.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                How the fk do you manage to say you slept 2.4 hours! at least say 2.5 like, I mean add or deduct a few mins to make it sound right.

You prob meant 24hrs right enough and realised the guys here would all LOVE that.

2.4 hours is just 24hours interrupted by a period.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

Tbh I'm. That fucked up right now, iv no idea what the fuck I'm on about 😂

Put it this way I got very little sleep
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Nick Newport really short with 5 bigs on the FT of WCOOP 27-H Sunday Million.

$16k locked up with $256k FTW

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      Good to know 47 is exciting and young.
                      Yeah my first thought.

Comment

Come on folks, roll up for the Autumn Werewolf Special.

Enjoy the fresh blood I have brought to the game. Ye will all be M8's in no time!

Plan to kick this off Thursday/Friday

That means a soft start so we can throw things at each other and let off the usual day one steam before the real game starts on Friday.
                        Handy when there are new people too so they can find their feet and everyone can get used to the format.

Comment

I enjoyed that but I've no idea what the message is.
                          SPOILER

People are ignorant of the poor
                          It could happen to anyone?
                          TV execs sandbag guests?
                          Jen.from the it crowd is still strangely attractive?
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                              SPOILER

People are ignorant of the poor
                              It could happen to anyone?
                              TV execs sandbag guests?
                              Jen.from the it crowd is still strangely attractive?
                              SPOILER

Tories are scum

Pretty sure she is playing a different character at end!

+ me thinks a bit of...

Gobshite Torie mouth goes on dole for a week, cries like a baby and suddenly is a champion of the poor
                              Last edited by Guest; 12-09-17, 08:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                Off to Spain for a weekend of debauchery, pray for mojo.
                                Work this morning is not fun.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  SPOILER

Jen from the it crowd is still strangely attractive?
                                  SPOILER

Strangely? She's amazing.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                    SPOILER

Strangely? She's amazing.
                                    SPOILER

Comment

Killarney lived up to its billing as usual. Still a bit ropey in work today and having some serious flashbacks. That was a fucking mess of a weekend
                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Anybody renewed their car insurance lately? Am currently with AA and they are coming in over €100 more expensive than last year despite no claims. Have checked with Aviva, 123.ie and Chill so far and all are higher than AA's renewel fee.

Pain in me hoop with car insurance! 22 years driving, full licence for 18 years, own policy for 14 years, never had a claim and have no penalty points, yup, defo need to put your premium up

Comment

Etihad are trying to suck me in with emails about upgrading flights all week. Final roll of the dice is €295 to upgrade a ~5 hour flight from Abu Dhabi to Sri Lanka to business class.

Fuckers have me tempted, presume there's no way it's worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                            Etihad are trying to suck me in with emails about upgrading flights all week. Final roll of the dice is €295 to upgrade a ~5 hour flight from Abu Dhabi to Sri Lanka to business class.

Fuckers have me tempted, presume there's no way it's worth it?
                                            Could be worth it if you have a long layover in Abu Dhabi as you would have lounge access also.

While they're cutting costs more these days their business product is still good. Especially if you've never experienced it before.

My next trip to Asia I'll be availing of the free stopover in Abu Dhabi for business passengers as I'd like to see the city.

They'll put you up in a 5 star hotel for 24 hours with a car to/from airport also.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                              Anybody renewed their car insurance lately? Am currently with AA and they are coming in over €100 more expensive than last year despite no claims. Have checked with Aviva, 123.ie and Chill so far and all are higher than AA's renewel fee.

Pain in me hoop with car insurance! 22 years driving, full licence for 18 years, own policy for 14 years, never had a claim and have no penalty points, yup, defo need to put your premium up
                                              Mine hasn't changed . They have drone cameras now watching people drive. You obviously cause accidents so get penalised. Try to concentrate and also use your indicators.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                Could be worth it if you have a long layover in Abu Dhabi as you would have lounge access also.

While they're cutting costs more these days their business product is still good. Especially if you've never experienced it before.

My next trip to Asia I'll be availing of the free stopover in Abu Dhabi for business passengers as I'd like to see the city.

They'll put you up in a 5 star hotel for 24 hours with a car to/from airport also.
                                                Having consulted the travel agent I'm told the flight from Abu Dhabi to Colombo is some shitty plane so probably only getting a bit of extra leg room for your money in this case. Three hour layover in Abu Dhabi alright.

We have a decent amount of air miles built up so might be lucky enough to bink if they don't fill up anyway, presume this hard sell is a sign they have seats to shift.

Comment

25plus.ie was cheapest for me and my mother is with Ivernia which is 30+ so perhaps you'll save something with one of those.

Comment

Same shite here a few months ago - rand Quote Devil and they came in with the best (turned out to be AXA and €200 cheaper than elsewhere)

I think its all pot luck who you get on the day
                                                    Last edited by Dice75; 12-09-17, 14:56.

Comment

Having consulted the travel agent I'm told the flight from Abu Dhabi to Colombo is some shitty plane so probably only getting a bit of extra leg room for your money in this case. Three hour layover in Abu Dhabi alright.

We have a decent amount of air miles built up so might be lucky enough to bink if they don't fill up anyway, presume this hard sell is a sign they have seats to shift.
                                                      Should be videos of business class on youtube for different planes for you to decide.

Comment

Had a weird one earlier, a little scary too.

Anyone else get migraines?

Normally when I get them there's no pain, I just can't see for a while, and a laser light show goes off in my head. I sit in a dark room until it goes away, usually takes about 15 minutes. It's actually kinda cool normally.

Today though was different, did the above and that was fine but then about a half hour later I got a bad but not too severe headache, but this is where it got weird. I started getting really confused about things, couldn't string a sentence together, couldn't think of simple words. One of my colleagues' names was mentioned and it didn't make sense to me, like I had forgotten her name. Lasted an hour or so.

I've read online that can be a thing with migraines, has anyone else experienced this?

Comment

Snickers commercial from 1996, featuring "Batman"

Reminded me of that. Hope it's nothing serious Lazare
                                                          Last edited by eamonhonda; 12-09-17, 17:05.
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Normally when I get them there's no pain, I just can't see for a while, and a laser light show goes off in my head. I sit in a dark room until it goes away, usually takes about 15 minutes. It's actually kinda cool normally.

Today though was different, did the above and that was fine but then about a half hour later I got a bad but not too severe headache, but this is where it got weird. I started getting really confused about things, couldn't string a sentence together, couldn't think of simple words. One of my colleagues' names was mentioned and it didn't make sense to me, like I had forgotten her name. Lasted an hour or so.

I've read online that can be a thing with migraines, has anyone else experienced this?
                                                            Could be a TIA or a mini stroke. I'd be getting that shit checked out

Comment

Not being flippant,.Go to a doctor. I'm an only go to a doc with a leg hanging off guy but I'd be straight in with that

Comment

Deffo depends on the plane, Qatar flights the economy front row seats werent a kick in the arse off business class on some BA flights have been on. Lounge access and limo pickup/dropoff are lovely things, value of lounge goes up a lot if you have 2hrs+ between flights or any delays. Emirates from dubai to bangkok on the A380 is unreal upstairs, flight doesnt feel long enough is the only pity.
                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Could be a TIA or a mini stroke. I'd be getting that shit checked out
                                                                  Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                  Not being flippant,.Go to a doctor. I'm an only go to a doc with a leg hanging off guy but I'd be straight in with that
                                                                  I spoke to a chemist about it and she didn't seem alarmed, like it was normal enough.

May go visit a gp anyway, cheers guys.

Comment

Can you get BT Sport Extra 2 on Sky for Barca Juve later? Is it a red button job?

Edit: Defo a doctor job Laz.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoX-HkOcEuE
                                                                      Reminded me of that. Hope it's nothing serious Lazare
                                                                      Lol, loved that ad.

Comment

My insurance came in at a whopping €2 more a couple of weeks ago with Axa, saw a note when I was paying that I'd have to print my own disc, wtf? Disc came in the post a couple of days later though.

Comment

Also a migraine that could be described as 'cool' is almost certainly not a migraine!

Comment

Are migraines like children and veganism?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                              Also a migraine that could be described as 'cool' is almost certainly not a migraine!
                                                                              A lot of the time it's pain free once I go into a darkened room. The light show that goes on in your field of vision is fascinating, and pretty cool.

Comment

Tis a thing but there is so many triggers. Could be something as poxy as the muscles in your back making it worse or dehydration. What you described first isn't a migraine. Migraines are horrible. Go to a doc cause that first shit is weird, probably end up sent to an optician.

Comment

A lot of the time it's pain free once I go into a darkened room. The light show that goes on in your field of vision is fascinating, and pretty cool.
                                                                                  Any time I get them (rarely thankfully), it's like someone has shoved Excalibur into one of the lobes of my brain.

Comment

Could possibly be some form of Frontal lobe epilepsy. I'd get it checked out anyway Laz.

Comment

Conor, specsavers do a free eye exam with xray thrown in, might be worth walking in with a white stick and let them have a look. foc

Comment

hate the early stages of the champions league, kinda hope united lose, to add some early fun and games

Comment

I upgraded on the Abu Dhabi to Dublin leg of a trip back from Sydney with my points and the best thing about it was the free lift home from Dublin airport. However I had booked a car hire for when I got back to Dublin so didn't want to miss out on the limousine I got him to drop me over to the car hire place!!

Hoping out of a brand new Mercedes S-class and into an Opel Astra was a bit of a come-down it has to be said!!

Business class is worth it if you have lie back seats I think, otherwise as you say you just get a bit of extra leg room and for me I wouldn't bother in that case. The dining and beverage options are quite good in fairness, a half decent fillet steak and a good selection of 15/18year whiskeys with loads of desserts was the highlights for me anytime I got it

Comment

...

Comment

George hook saga has really escalated. Hooks a dope but Jesus Chris o donoghue is such a little weasel

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                                I upgraded on the Abu Dhabi to Dublin leg of a trip back from Sydney with my points and the best thing about it was the free lift home from Dublin airport. However I had booked a car hire for when I got back to Dublin so didn't want to miss out on the limousine I got him to drop me over to the car hire place!!

Hoping out of a brand new Mercedes S-class and into an Opel Astra was a bit of a come-down it has to be said!!

Business class is worth it if you have lie back seats I think, otherwise as you say you just get a bit of extra leg room and for me I wouldn't bother in that case. The dining and beverage options are quite good in fairness, a half decent fillet steak and a good selection of 15/18year whiskeys with loads of desserts was the highlights for me anytime I got it
                                                                                                I have fond memories of the bar in Virgin first class. Yes, the sit-down bar.

Having drunk through the night with a like-minded colleague on a flight from London to Jo'burg, one of the (stunning) stewardesses turned to us apologetically and said "sorry gentlemen, we'll be landing in an hour - I can only give you coffee now. But, if you want, I can put a cognac in it. Hennessy XO acceptable?"

I imagine I looked something like this:

SPOILER
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

And no, paying for first class on your own dime is never worth it.
                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

And no, paying for first class on your own dime is never worth it.
                                                                                                        Yeah, use drugs to make you sleep, buy or blag a lounge and spend the difference on the hotel IMO
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

We have a decent amount of air miles built up
                                                                                                          Are air miles still a thing here? Mrs Lao Lao's sister lives in Canada and she gets them with everything, weekly shop, paying 'lecky bill, etc but I haven't come across them in ages or maybe I'm just missing something?

Comment

In other news, great to have Utd back in the Champions League, haven't had a proper CL night in ages.

Me, my Da, my best mate, his Da and and my other best mates Da (my second Da) all round to mine.

Several excellent bottles of French vino.

A cheese board of Brie, Smoked Applewood, A Sheep's milk Gouda, Manchego and some Quince paste

A charcuterie board of pate, chorizo, Italian & Germany salami, coppa and Italian ham.

Crackers.

Keogh's slightly salted crisps and a hummus dip.

Mrs Lao Lao still in Greece.

Pure bliss.

Comment

In other news, great to have Utd back in the Champions League, haven't had a proper CL night in ages.

Me, my Da, my best mate, his Da and and my other best mates Da (my second Da) all round to mine.

Several excellent bottles of French vino.

A cheese board of Brie, Smoked Applewood, A Sheep's milk Gouda, Manchego and some Quince paste

A charcuterie board of pate, chorizo, Italian & Germany salami, coppa and Italian ham.

Crackers.

Keogh's slightly salted crisps and a hummus dip.

Mrs Lao Lao still in Greece.

Pure bliss.
                                                                                                              Mustn't of been any rugby on?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                                Mustn't of been any rugby on?
                                                                                                                Football fan first and foremost, always have been and always will. I've been to Old Trafford way more times than you've been to The Bridge mate.

First trip there was March 22nd 1986, 2-2 draw with Man City, got to meet my boyhood hero, Mark Hughes and then had pints with Bryan Robson and Norman Whiteside. Still have the framed photos, absolute pride and joy

Don't let the fact that I like to eat and drink nice shit fool you

Comment

Football fan first and foremost, always have been and always will. I've been to Old Trafford way more times than you've been to The Bridge mate.

First trip there was March 22nd 1986, 2-2 draw with Man City, got to meet my boyhood hero, Mark Hughes and then had pints with Bryan Robson and Norman Whiteside. Still have the framed photos, absolute pride and joy

Don't let the fact that I like to eat and drink nice shit fool you
                                                                                                                  If you were a real fan you'd of had prawn sambos.

Respect the love. How'd you feel when sparky went to Chelsea?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                                    If you were a real fan you'd of had prawn sambos.

Respect the love. How'd you feel when sparky went to Chelsea?
                                                                                                                    I was actually ok with him going to Chelsea. He had given us 12/13 seasons over 2 spells and owed us nothing at that stage.

However, when he left for Barcelona, I was gutted, absolutely fucking gutted. I tried my hardest to make Davenport my new hero but he just didn't cut the mustard. I still have an old match program with Davenport on the front cover slotting home a goal (pretty sure it was from the 86/87 season) but no matter what he did, he just was never going to be Sparky.

I think my favourite memory of him (apart from meeting him briefly) was the 1991 cup winners cup when he skipped round the Barca keeper who came charging out of the box and slotted it home from a fairly tight angles with the outside of his right foot. That win, for me, was the start of our dominance in the English game. Still gets the hairs on the back of my neck up when I watch it.

Comment

Class.

An actual real fan. Very unusual these days.

Comment

I may have told this story before but can't remember.

My 'aul lad is a huge Utd fan. Him and two of his mates used to go over to games in the 60's and 70's. I was born in '78 and was the fourth kid in ten years which meant money for trips to the UK soon became few and far between. But he took me to my first game in 1986 (that's another story altogether)

Fast forward several years and I was 19/20 and me and me Da had a falling out. I genuinely have no idea what it was about but am pretty sure it was about me being a dickhead, my Da calling me out on it and me getting the hump as a result. It went on for months before my Mam asked me to bury the hatchet and make amends.

My Da's birthday is in early December so I made a plan. I saved up some cash and when his birthday came around, I told him I didn't get him anything but he would get his present at Christmas, it was a two in one job. At the time, neither him or my Mam thought that I was making amends and was just stirring the shit more.

But come Christmas morning, I gave him his present, an envelope containing 21 shares in Man Utd, it was all I could save up to buy. They cost me a fortune at the time in comparison to what I was earning. He went to every single AGM with his 21 shares in the club, every single fucking AGM, flew to Manchester, stayed overnight, voted in any decisions he could, he loved it.

When Glazier came in, we decided not to sell, we weren't happy with it. We joined the fans shareholders club which tried to get enough support to prevent him from gaining control of the club but eventually he reached a big enough share where he could legally compulsory purchase the shares off the remaining balance of the people.

I still hold a certain level of hate towards Glazier for what I see as stealing my inheritance of a tiny piece of ownership of the club I love, Cunt!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X