Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Queued for three hours to get into the Irish premiere of the film in the Metropole in 197? turned out to be one of the best nights ever.
    Epic brag. Jealous
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      Last day of Henry Blofeld commentary on Test Match Special.
      He did a lap of Lords after the game finished yesterday. Vic Marks described it as a 'cross between Winston Churchill and Dame Edna Everage'
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        Epic brag. Jealous
        Ìm gonna have to get drunk now and stick it on again later.
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
          Ìm gonna have to get drunk now and stick it on again later.
          Sick now that I didn't think of it myself last night, would've been perfect.

Comment

The guy who does Levon Helm is worth the entry price alone. I thought it was a cheap gig enough also. I guess everyone gets different things from gigs.

Btw I mentioned already. War on Drugs new Album is excellent . An instant classic in my view .

Comment

I was brought to the last one and while this is a not wholly inaccurate picture it was a much better night than I was expecting.
              You kind of have to go with the flow and there is a big crowd of fans who love it kinda in in the way people love Daniel O'Donnell.

Queued for three hours to get into the Irish premiere of the film in the Metropole in 197? turned out to be one of the best nights ever.

In fairness to them they are suited to the Olympia on the basis that they sell it out for the show once or twice a year and I think the venue is probably a large part of the success of the whole thing.
              Isn't yer man who does Muddy that same lad as does Neil Diamond and does a regular gig as a Diamond tribute act... I thought he was one of the best singers on stage despite advancing years.
              Summed it up well there SP

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                The guy who does Levon Helm is worth the entry price alone. I thought it was a cheap gig enough also. I guess everyone gets different things from gigs.

Btw I mentioned already. War on Drugs new Album is excellent . An instant classic in my view .
                Yeah, really enjoying that album at the mo.

Comment

So that is Icky AND Xeyboy back!

Must be time to get a game of Werewolf going lads

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                    So that is Icky AND Xeyboy back!

Must be time to get a game of Werewolf going lads
                    Yeah fuck it its winter now, in
                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                      Yeah fuck it its winter now, in
                      I will happily mod it anyway!

Comment

Surprised the likes of CNN are still sending people out in a hurricane, just to report that it's windy and pissing rain

hey guys check out my video response to this clip. I mimicked this sketch lol i hope u like it
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Garda Commissioner retires.

Comment

Roll up, roll up

Werewolf interest thread - signup

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                Are the actual corrupt cops following her?
                                The next commissioner will clean it all up I'm sure.

Comment

The next commissioner will clean it all up I'm sure.
                                  AJ! Get your butt to the WW signup

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                    AJ! Get your butt to the WW signup
                                    Horrible week coming up in work so won't play.
                                    Who are all those newbies, people from boards or Rigger accounts?

Comment

Horrible week coming up in work so won't play.
                                      Who are all those newbies, people from boards or Rigger accounts?
                                      I recognise all but one from Boards.

That's a shame AJ but it prob not starting till Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        Convinced myself not to go to Leopardstown as weather looks dodgy. Then scheduled a bbq for tomorrow.

Weather Gods going to toy with me here.

Solid prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                          Surprised the likes of CNN are still sending people out in a hurricane, just to report that it's windy and pissing rain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8nOUpj85FE
                                          The main guy they have holed up in Naples is a serious drama queen.wind and rain footage was amazingly average ,they are seriously funking for a major storm surge to save the show

Comment

The Fitz is looking for part time tournament dealers, if anyone knows someone who would like a few shifts a week I'd appreciate if they could let me know. Dealing experience not essential, there will be a short training school. Knowledge of poker would be a big help.

Comment

Mr Mercedes is a bit of a mixed bag, Gleeson is absolutely killing it but some of the writing is very poor.

The whole set up between Mr Mercedes and the mother it a bit ott and unnecessarily graphic but it was all worth it for Gleeson singing
                                              SPOILER
                                              I'll fuck me ma when I get home
                                              Im doing the usual stephen king adaption thing and constantly seeing where it deviates from the book. (the entire series of books is top notch btw)
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                What does everyone think of the refinancing deal Varadkar has made? I have not looked into yet. I would welcome opinions.

Also why are people Surprised that George Hook is a cunt? He amongst other things tried to sell his mom's house when she was alive and living in it!

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-36115321.html
                                                so many edgelords in the comments section, anyone who uses the term snowflake just gives the game away.
                                                That being said, trolling isnt what it used to be. Faux outrage and ignorance now just masks absolute arseholery
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                  Yeah, really enjoying that album at the mo.
                                                  Singer sounds like a cross between Mike Scott Dylan and Springsteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                    The Fitz is looking for part time tournament dealers, if anyone knows someone who would like a few shifts a week I'd appreciate if they could let me know. Dealing experience not essential, there will be a short training school. Knowledge of poker would be a big help.
                                                    Myself and brianmc did this back in the day with the one and only Luke Ivory providing the training. I must say I overall enjoyed it. I just wished I'd discovered it during my college years as it would have been a hell of a lot more entertaining and lucrative than stacking book shelves or serving tables.

I memorably just avoided projectile vomiting all over a table at the EOM with Padraig Parkinson and a few others playing at it. I just managed to excuse myself and reach the toilets. That would have made for a fun article for Padraig!
                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

"Quote: DeSelby83
                                                      Has anyone heard or know much about bit connect. I know someone who has put a decent amount in but it almost sounds a bit too good to be true.

Mate of mine has but a huge chunk in too. Basically you are lending money to them - and they use bots to trade on the volitility of bitocin making thousands of small transations per day - aiming for an average profit of 1% per day. The rewards are astronomical but that's compound interest for you. I have a spreadsheet on it. Basically if you get it compound for a few months then you can change to taking the money out daily and after about 10 days have the principal back. After that its all profit at no risk. Even if starting with 1k leaving it there for a couple of years it starts to throw out hug
                                                      e money per day.

It wont go on forever - but there is definitely money to be made
                                                      .":
                                                      Last edited by Guest; 11-09-17, 08:07.

Comment

Noticing that you have to wait a certain amount of time before posting again. Never noticed that before, we would have back in the days when we played loads of WW and it came down to the lynch time and we were posting constant.

Any way we can change it back? Dom? DP?

Comment

What time do you want it reduced to? I think there is a 30 or 60 second default delay. I won't remove it altogether, but can reduce it. I'll take a look.

Edit: it was 30, I've reduced it to 5.
                                                          Last edited by 6starpool; 11-09-17, 08:28.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                            What time do you want it reduced to? I think there is a 30 or 60 second default delay. I won't remove it altogether, but can reduce it. I'll take a look.

PeaceandFire when she reads this...

Comment

Cheers Dom!

Comment

Comment

There's always been that delay? (unless it was a special setting for mine and P+Fs accounts)
                                                                  No, as I said above, always been there at a default of 30 seconds for everyone, even me.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                    poker Killarney, will be a good trip alright

prob come home needing another 10 days off

made day 2 with decent stack from playing online inc some golden chip yolk I won , if I make final table (very doubtful) I get 10k package to the Caribbean

also won ladies event seat , ill prob just sit and abuse them all
                                                                    UL SatNav
                                                                    From the live updates

Shortly before the dinner break, the money bubble broke after Michelle Gavigan experienced a bit of a cooler against Peter Cahill when her pocket nines failed to hold against her opponent's pocket eights after the board gave him a straight. The remaining 100 players were guaranteed at least a €600 payout

Comment

There's always been that delay? (unless it was a special setting for mine and P+Fs accounts)
                                                                      Yeah can understand that one allright

No, as I said above, always been there at a default of 30 seconds for everyone, even me.
                                                                      When you play werewolf, especially at lynch time you are posting like a mofa. I know there are delays with PM's but never noticed with posts

Comment

interesting call.
                                                                        Anyone familiar with reverse marketing recruitment.
                                                                        This crowd from the UK rang me about a role (BOA) and now have said, HR is 'being awkward' and is suggesting he operates as reverse marketing consultant for me.
                                                                        Which i guess is cold calling companies and pushing my cv onto them. It's causing my brain to ping but I'm not 100% sure why, maybe coloring my CV as an annoyance?

Comment

Frank de Boer sacked by Palace already. I watched the game v Burnley, and Palace were far the better side and should have won the game. I think he should have been given more game time. 4 league games far too short imo

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                            interesting call.
                                                                            This crowd from the UK rang me about a role (BOA) and now have said, HR is 'being awkward' and is suggesting he operates as reverse marketing consultant for me.
                                                                            Which i guess is cold calling companies and pushing my cv onto them. It's causing my brain to ping but I'm not 100% sure why, maybe coloring my CV as an annoyance?
                                                                            Personally, I'd tell him to piss off. If he circulates your CV wrongly or annoyingly when there may be no suitable roles it might get you on a sort of a shit list. Probably not, but who knows. Job agents are mostly useless parasites anyhow. Sorry Richie, present company excluded I'm sure.

Comment

New Approach sighted in sandwich shop, nabbing seat beside two dolly birds

Comment

...

Comment

Metacritic suggests that Get Shorty or Comrade Detective might be decent for those who like a bit of comedy in their action shows. Kinda intrigued by Comrade Detective. Anyone seem either and have an opinion on whether they're worth a go?

My total tv show viewing is at about three hours a week max this last while and unlikely to change, so can't be wasting time sampling unworthy shows.
                                                                                  Rule of 7 for films, 8 for TV shows. While there is exceptions they are rare. Steer clear
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

interesting call.
                                                                                    We do a lot of work with BAML and there are no contract roles open in your space afaik - we are on the top suppliers list so we should get first look at all roles.

Sounds like he was trying to push your CV in speculatively. They may be on the PSL or not but no role means no role and there is no middle ground with BAML. If you want to PM me the name of the company I will try to check if they are a supplier.

If you are going to let someone do "reverse marketing" a new term to me but basically he will cold call round for you I imagine indeed. Standard enough practice and I have done it plenty of times for business development.

The UK agencies are trying to break into new territories at the moment because of Brexit and the exchange rate.

I would advise picking someone you can sit down with so that they can get a good feel for your background and what you are looking for or at the very least make sure you are comfortable that the guy will sell you in correctly.

I would also not give them free reign but would make them run each company they will approach past you beforehand.

In short I wouldn't be concerned with people doing it for you but just make sure that they are someone you want to work with and have a good level of trust with.

Comment

Personally, I'd tell him to piss off. If he circulates your CV wrongly or annoyingly when there may be no suitable roles it might get you on a sort of a shit list. Probably not, but who knows. Job agents are mostly useless parasites anyhow. Sorry Richie, present company excluded I'm sure.
                                                                                      A phone call to see if a company would be interested wont do any harm. If he is just setting it up as a mail shot then obv not great. I used to get a few of these from UK companies where they send round emails to basically every company in Ireland and the UK with profiles on it.

If he is not going to make calls then I would also tell him to piss off tbh, email spamming your CV is pretty pointless.

Comment

appreciated man, PM sent there

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                          Myself and brianmc did this back in the day with the one and only Luke Ivory providing the training. I must say I overall enjoyed it. I just wished I'd discovered it during my college years as it would have been a hell of a lot more entertaining and lucrative than stacking book shelves or serving tables.

I memorably just avoided projectile vomiting all over a table at the EOM with Padraig Parkinson and a few others playing at it. I just managed to excuse myself and reach the toilets. That would have made for a fun article for Padraig!
                                                                                          Dealing on the circuit was my main source of income for a few years at the height of the poker boom. Was unbelievable craic and made some good friends along the way. Dealt about two weeks ago for JP for his big game when the McGregor Mayweather fight was on. Twas like riding a bike, you never forget and really enjoyed it. JP still a gent to work for.

Definitely the easiest money I've ever made. Sitting at a table throwing cards at people. Would recommend any student or unemployed person take Hectorjelly up on his offer immediately

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                            Dealing on the circuit was my main source of income for a few years at the height of the poker boom. Was unbelievable craic and made some good friends along the way. Dealt about two weeks ago for JP for his big game when the McGregor Mayweather fight was on. Twas like riding a bike, you never forget and really enjoyed it. JP still a gent to work for.

Definitely the easiest money I've ever made. Sitting at a table throwing cards at people. Would recommend any student or unemployed person take Hectorjelly up on his offer immediately
                                                                                            Unsociable hours smelly degens talking the sane shyte every night. Half the staff don't give a flying feck anyway more interested in the tv or getting off early. If dealers could keep there own tips might speed them up a bit. Played in Tampa last year all dealers kept table chat and banter to a minimum and done there job a novel idea. They all had there own tip jars so was in there best interests to get hands in.

Comment

I saw a CV the other day being "reverse marketed". An absolutely travesty. A guy with 30 years of experience and qualifications and a page and a qtr long CV

One of his selling points was his time keeping apparently. I shit you not.

Stay away from reverse marketing would be my advice. Maybe approach someone knowledgeable and connected but don't have some 20 something year old focussed only on commission be your market representative.

interesting call.
                                                                                              Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                              We do a lot of work with BAML and there are no contract roles open in your space afaik - we are on the top suppliers list so we should get first look at all roles.

Sounds like he was trying to push your CV in speculatively. They may be on the PSL or not but no role means no role and there is no middle ground with BAML. If you want to PM me the name of the company I will try to check if they are a supplier.

If you are going to let someone do "reverse marketing" a new term to me but basically he will cold call round for you I imagine indeed. Standard enough practice and I have done it plenty of times for business development.

The UK agencies are trying to break into new territories at the moment because of Brexit and the exchange rate.

I would advise picking someone you can sit down with so that they can get a good feel for your background and what you are looking for or at the very least make sure you are comfortable that the guy will sell you in correctly.

I would also not give them free reign but would make them run each company they will approach past you beforehand.

In short I wouldn't be concerned with people doing it for you but just make sure that they are someone you want to work with and have a good level of trust with.
                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                Unsociable hours smelly degens talking the sane shyte every night. Half the staff don't give a flying feck anyway more interested in the tv or getting off early. If dealers could keep there own tips might speed them up a bit. Played in Tampa last year all dealers kept table chat and banter to a minimum and done there job a novel idea. They all had there own tip jars so was in there best interests to get hands in.
                                                                                                Grand hours for students tho. Wouldn't go back at it full time personally as I'm too used to day time hours now but was a grand job all the same and a skill I'm glad to have if I ever need some extra cash

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                  UL SatNav
                                                                                                  From the live updates

Shortly before the dinner break, the money bubble broke after Michelle Gavigan experienced a bit of a cooler against Peter Cahill when her pocket nines failed to hold against her opponent's pocket eights after the board gave him a straight. The remaining 100 players were guaranteed at least a €600 payout
                                                                                                  I really wanted to punch him when he caught me on the river. But because he was so nice and apologetic. I decided not to and played a bit of cash making a nice healthy profit of 900 quid.

I am now home and feel like throwing myself in a river after prob getting 24 hours sleep over 4 nights.

Was an awesome weekend, but gonna be a while before I recover 🤢😱
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

I really wanted to punch him when he caught me on the river. But because he was so nice and apologetic. I decided not to and played a bit of cash making a nice healthy profit of 900 quid.

I am now home and feel like throwing myself in a river after prob getting 24 hours sleep over 4 nights.

He's from Killarney. A genuine nice guy. UL SatNav

Comment

He's from Killarney. A genuine nice guy. UL SatNav
                                                                                                      Of course he is
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

Of course he is
                                                                                                          Ah you know him too so.

Comment

Newcastle -40
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ah you know him too so.
                                                                                                              Ah no I'm only rising. You Keane and Careca are sound. It's been about 15 years since I was in Kerry I'll have to go down and form a new opinion. Actually meant to do a trip there this summer but didn't get around to it
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Good to know 47 is exciting and young.

Comment

Neilsen
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Dat Nielsen wink is getting gif'd

Comment

24 hours sleep over 4 nights sounds like a massive win.

Comment

Ah no I'm only rising. You Keane and Careca are sound. It's been about 15 years since I was in Kerry I'll have to go down and form a new opinion. Actually meant to do a trip there this summer but didn't get around to it
                                                                                                                        Sure your own interests would have changed in 15 years too. I never thought I'd have a fantastic weekend in a tiny village in West sligo but I did. Kerry is grand, avoiding the tourist traps is tricky but doable

Comment

Ederson's face is in a bit of a mess after Mane's tackle. Liverpool are appealing the 3 match ban.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X