Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
    Pro 14 season kicks off tonight - seems like it's been AGES since the end of last season! Come on Connacht...
    I know can't wait, off to cork to watch the Munster game myself.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Testy
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Hape of shite this site. In other news must be liberty cap season soon?
          airport, lol

Comment

Hungover like a motherfucker.
            All the whiskey last night. All of it
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Sitting in a beer garden out west after a feed of pulled pork in that Puddin row place. Savage it was. Warm sun, cold Guinness. Can't bate it

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                Wanna make some falafels tomorrow. Is there a tried and tested recipe that's best to use?
                Recipe by one of the top falafel places in NY
                Chef Einat Admony answers to the title Falafel Queen for good reason: Her recipes, flavor combinations and technique are terrific.

If you use tinned chickpeas instead of soaking dried ones it becomes more mushy in the middle which is not cool man.
                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 01-09-17, 17:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                  Lads I need help finding a decanter/carafe job for a present.

GAB put me onto this place - http://mitchellandson.com/

Is that where all the fancy ones posted here a while ago came from? The price of the fucking things
                  Yes, best bet in Ireland for 'em.

Riedel is the gold standard imo
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Narcos is the only thing getting me through this week.

I seem to be a victim of my inability to tell people to fuck off\ignore people. Must work on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Narcos is the only thing getting me through this week.

I seem to be a victim of my inability to tell people to fuck off\ignore people. Must work on that.
                      New series out?

Comment

...Found out what Raoul was up to whilst IPB was down...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                          Recipe by one of the top falafel places in NY
                          Chef Einat Admony answers to the title Falafel Queen for good reason: Her recipes, flavor combinations and technique are terrific.

If you use tinned chickpeas instead of soaking dried ones it becomes more mushy in the middle which is not cool man.
                          Big bag of dried ones got, cheers
                          airport, lol

Comment

Yes, best bet in Ireland for 'em.

Riedel is the gold standard imo
                            A decanter is not something I see any point in spending more than about €30 on, unless you're going to drink out of it of course. I usually pour it back into the bottle when it's aerated.
                            Last edited by Guest; 01-09-17, 18:14.

Comment

Last day of holiday today. We've spent a glorious week in Cornwall surfing, walking, etc.

What a fantastic place! Good chance we'll be back next year.

Comment

Last day of work today for 2 weeks.

Nothing like a fortnight climbing around Scottish Highlands in the wind and rain to get you .....

something something. Why did I agree to this?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                  A decanter is not something I see any point in spending more than about €30 on, unless you're going to drink out of it of course. I usually pour it back into the bottle when it's aerated.
                                  They are insane I honestly don't see the point at all.
                                  At a push get the overture for €90, at that comes with glasses

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Nothing like a fortnight climbing around Scottish Highlands in the wind and rain to get you .....

Jaysus

I'm off to Greece at 7:30AM tomorrow for 5 star all inclusive luxury where the most stressful thing I will do is make the decision on what to eat / drink and the most energetic thing I will do is lift my full hand towards my face.

Think today was possibly the most stressful day I have ever had in work (and there have being a redic amount of them).

There was literally dozens of absolute cluster fucks landed on my desk to fix. I'm not quite sure how I made it out of there without stabbing somebody.

I seriously cannot cope or even try to hide my disdain at some of the sheer and utter levels of stupidity displayed today.

It's sadly happening more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                      They are insane I honestly don't see the point at all.
                                      At a push get the overture for €90, at that comes with glasses
                                      Yeah that's what I was looking at as well. Some of the expensive ones look class tbf but they are mad money.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                        Jaysus

I'm off to Greece at 7:30AM tomorrow for 5 star all inclusive luxury where the most stressful thing I will do is make the decision on what to eat / drink and the most energetic thing I will do is lift my full hand towards my face.

Think today was possibly the most stressful day I have ever had in work (and there have being a redic amount of them).

There was literally dozens of absolute cluster fucks landed on my desk to fix. I'm not quite sure how I made it out of there without stabbing somebody.

I seriously cannot cope or even try to hide my disdain at some of the sheer and utter levels of stupidity displayed today.

It's sadly happening more and more.
                                        swap?

Comment

@RDIII I believe your new neighbours are students. Harsh.

Comment

viagogo are cunts. wouldnt let me cancel literally 15 mins later after finding a handier buyer myself. then after opting use a ' free courier service' im told i have until 11pm to send by register post err post office closes at 5 here mate. or im liable to pay full cost of replacement tickets that could cost more than what i sold for

i suspect they bought them themselves cause they sold pretty fast. with there finder fee, vat and the sneaky reg post cost they take enough of a cut off ya.

also have to wait another week get paid. really should have looked into it more before jumping the gun and firing them up. first and last time i use id say.

it did give me an idea though

Comment

Whiskey.
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

No e in Scotland

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    I may have had my opinions shaped by being too much around kids but Disneyland Paris is shaping up to be a GOAT holiday after the first day. It's a ... truly magical place
                                                    you used to be cool

Comment

No e in Scotland
                                                      Look harder...
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

I may have had my opinions shaped by being too much around kids but Disneyland Paris is shaping up to be a GOAT holiday after the first day. It's a ... truly magical place
                                                        I LOVED IT!

Comment

Comment

Disney are brilliant at making you fall in love with the place.
                                                            In about a week's time you'll realise you spent a fortune
                                                            Cant wait till my little one is of Disney age. Had to convince herself that 18 months is too young

Comment

Comment

I give it 3 days, then:

Comment

Hi

any crack, bored here
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                    Sitting in a beer garden out west after a feed of pulled pork in that Puddin row place. Savage it was. Warm sun, cold Guinness. Can't bate it
                                                                    Ye can bate it!

After the English yobbos fucked off from the streets it was a lovely night. (Dobby knows what I mean)Drinking cocktails up at Feugos Speakeasy, chatting with the mates. A few coaches rolled up and they all went away. Was a nightmare getting to where I was going. Police everywhere just waiting for trouble.

They wouldn't move out the way of traffic and they ended up with batons on the legs!

Comment

No e in Scotland
                                                                      Caledonia
                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

If you LOVE Live at the Bike! and want access to exclusive content and emojis, become a YouTube member! Support us here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvO...

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                            I used to go to Thurles clubbing every weekend and arrive home around 8.55 am so my mother could go to work for 9am! she used to fucking eat me every time. I was always on a sweat knocking the door down.

The day Lady di died saved me from possibly a bit of a hiding as I arrived at 9.10 , mother late for work. I just walked in door still off my face " OMG Princess Diana died " mother" I know I cant believe it." She prob used same excuse for being late for work.

Thank fuck Di saved me bacon that morn
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Just went to see Dunkirk on England's biggest IMAX screen

Never sucked me in
                                                                              Whole place really quiet at end

SPOILER
                                                                              Hardy's bit played out well but was obvious

Only actual character was the French lad who died but he had to die so...

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                Just went to see Dunkirk on England's biggest IMAX screen

Never sucked me in
                                                                                Whole place really quiet at end

SPOILER
                                                                                Hardy's bit played out well but was obvious

Only actual character was the French lad who died but he had to die so...
                                                                                For the 12A rating innit.
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Weird font.
                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Guys just to warn you in case you need to use an ATM machine you will need to bring out your English to Irish translation dictionary as they have removed the Irish language option.

I don't know how we are going to cope.

Luckily a labor senator has launched a petition. I would share it but i am having difficulty understanding it as it's in English.

Comment

Also we have had to bring down the NI assembly. It wasn't Irish enough.

Comment

...

Comment

Loving the burkhas accessorised with Disney ears
                                                                                          Viva le Diff-FRANCE!

From: Pinocchio (1940)By: Walt Disney PicturesSung by: Cliff EdwardsNo copyright infringement intended. This belongs to Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                            I used to go to Thurles clubbing every weekend and arrive home around 8.55 am so my mother could go to work for 9am! she used to fucking eat me every time. I was always on a sweat knocking the door down.

The day Lady di died saved me from possibly a bit of a hiding as I arrived at 9.10 , mother late for work. I just walked in door still off my face " OMG Princess Diana died " mother" I know I cant believe it." She prob used same excuse for being late for work.

Thank fuck Di saved me bacon that morn
                                                                                            A girlfriend of mine actually broke up with me the night before, at a U2 concert. For some reason that is unclear to me, I stayed the night at her place and woke up to the news that Di died.

Got a healthy dose of broken-up, celebrity-dead wierd sex that day.

Comment

Never understood peoples love of celebrating their ignorance of the Irish language.

I can understand ambivalence, but actively flaunting and being into your own ignorance is just odd imo.

Comment

Never understood peoples love of celebrating their ignorance of the Irish language.

I can understand ambivalence, but actively flaunting and being into your own ignorance is just odd imo.
                                                                                                They were discussing that on some radio show the other day. Fella rings in and says he's outraged at BOI decision. Goes off on a tangent about how the language defines us and is part of our culture. Presenter asked him some questions in Irish and he hung up. Got a good lol off it

Comment

...

Comment

Maybe that's the fault of how badly it is taught that people don't respect it. Plus the dodgy superior attitude that a decent proportion of Irish speakers affect.
                                                                                                    1 - mitigating factor for never learning something absolutely. Reason to flaunt the fact you didn't learn it? Don't think so.

2 - given 1, people who speak it have a certain right to be smug no?

I think it's taught horrifically. I think the cumpulsory nature of it means the 'teach an exam not a language" issue must dominate. It's a difficult language. It's not terribly useful.

All reasons why not speaking it pervade, but not valid reasons why celebrating an ignorance is normal I don't think. I fully accept the first but am less sure about the second issue.

Comment

I agree with the sentiment but in a way its a fair reaction to the ridiculous pretense that it is a real living language that requires complete and total duplication in officialdom and compulsory education.
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Scarred for life being made to rote learn Irish essays in secondary school.would have knuckled down if I'd known about all the cushy money you can scam out of the government for it now though (though the gaeilgoirs have it wrapped up)
                                                                                                        DUP are dead right to nip SFs attempts to get the duplication scam off the ground in NI in the bud
                                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 02-09-17, 13:32.

Comment

Just rewatched Unforgiven, can't believe it been 25 years since it has been made. Still awesome, probably one of the last of the great westerns made. Hard to believe Clint is still around given how old he looks in the film.
                                                                                                          Last edited by pokerhand; 02-09-17, 13:47.
                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Agree with this!

Maybe that's the fault of how badly it is taught that people don't respect it. Plus the dodgy superior attitude that a decent proportion of Irish speakers affect.
                                                                                                            Also agree with this

1 - mitigating factor for never learning something absolutely. Reason to flaunt the fact you didn't learn it? Don't think so.

2 - given 1, people who speak it have a certain right to be smug no?

I think it's taught horrifically. I think the cumpulsory nature of it means the 'teach an exam not a language" issue must dominate. It's a difficult language. It's not terribly useful.

All reasons why not speaking it pervade, but not valid reasons why celebrating an ignorance is normal I don't think. I fully accept the first but am less sure about the second issue.
                                                                                                            Go into a pub like Grogans on a Friday night and listen to the fuckwits who notably raise their voices, for the whole pub to hear, everytime they switch to the (made up) mother tongue for a couple of sentences

Comment

I remember Di's funeral somewhat fondly.

Had carelessly been shanghai-ed by work into doing an adventure weekend in a park in Wicklow - it was paid for by some cross border/GFA fund and involved competing against teams all over Ireland - climbing hills to sign on at marker points, running through forests, rowing across lakes.
                                                                                                              Turned up absolutely gamaroushed for the silly o'clock start on the Saturday morning, 1 hour sleep, vicious hangover, shakes, throwing up everywhere.

Then the rumour went around that the Nordie participants (or 53% of them) were refusing to do the first task at 9am and wanted to watch the funeral. Pissed most everyone else off (obviously I was secretly funking them to stick to their ground) but the end result was that the whole thing got delayed until 12ish whilst 200 people gathered around a couple of 18" portable TVs to watch Elton sing and a nation cry. At which stage I was somewhat recovered and was well enough to get us into a noteworthy 58th of the 59 teams competing.

In death she was my Queen of Hearts.

Comment

Just finished a chowder and a pint in The Pilot that was recommended here but I can't remember who. It was as good as promised, top class. And straight into my top 3. The long Dock in Carrigaholt is still number one.

Eating in a place in templeboy called the beach bar tonight if anyone knows it?

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                  Just rewatched Unforgiven, can't believe it been 25 years since it has been made. Still awesome, probably one of the last of the great westerns made. Hard to believe Clint is still around given how old he looks in the film.
                                                                                                                  "Any man that don't want to git killed better leave the room"

Comment

"Any man that don't want to git killed clear on out the back "
                                                                                                                    FYP

the site was down for me for a few days, thought I was on the banned list again

Cheering for Waterford tomorrow. sorry Galway

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

A girlfriend of mine actually broke up with me the night before, at a U2 concert. For some reason that is unclear to me, I stayed the night at her place and woke up to the news that Di died.

Got a healthy dose of broken-up, celebrity-dead wierd sex that day.

hell of a thing.....killing a man

Comment

I was at a mate's house party the night she died, we were all off our faces. Someone came up with the line 'Dodi didn't die with Di did he?' and we all spent hours saying that and laughing, because, as I said, we were off our face.

Myself and three others were heading to LA the next morning for the holiday of a lifetime.

Watched a bit of the funeral at about 4am in the maddest house party in Hollywood, vague memories of how we ended up at it but man it was the maddest bunch of people I've ever shared space with. Gang bangers with nitrous oxide tanks, New York stock brokers, hippies in their sixties, you name it.

People say you never forget where you were at the time, damn right.
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X