Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
    4 miles square is 2 miles long by 2 miles wide. The height is 2 miles also so it's a perfect cube?!?
    A 4 mile cube is 4x4x4
    Last edited by Lazare; 29-08-17, 18:41.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

2m wide by 2m high is 4m sq, but if it's 2m deep it's 2m cubed.

2m cubed is vastly bigger than 4m sq.

Comment

Ah I see what you were saying now.

Each face of the cube would be 4m square.

Why didn't you just say it would be 2m wide and 2m tall ye banana

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          A 4 mile cube is 4x4x4
          I never said it was a 4 mile cube, I said it was four miles square and two miles tall

Four square miles is 2 miles by 2 miles - it is also 2 miles high, then it is a perfect cube as all sides are 2 miles

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
            I never said it was a 4 mile cube, I said it was four miles square and two miles tall

Four square miles is 2 miles by 2 miles - it is also 2 miles high, then it is a perfect cube as all sides are 2 miles
            You needlessly confused things.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              Ah I see what you were saying now.

Each face of the cube would be 4m square.

Why didn't you just say it would be 2m wide and 2m tall ye banana
              Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              You needlessly confused things.
              For poker players, ye can't even do simple maths and muliply 2 x 2, how did ye ever win anything

Comment

Who said I ever won anything?

Comment

Haha what did I do.
                  airport, lol

Comment

There is no bottom to the manchild's insane vanity

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

There's no end to your surprise either.

Comment

Finally got around to seeing Dunkirk, didn't really get the hype. Some nice visuals but I cared little for the characters. It was fairly short so they really could have bulked it out and added some depth in there earlier in the film.

Tom Hardy nearly on mcgregor levels of big payday for minimal effort.
                        Last edited by The Situation; 29-08-17, 22:28.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          Finally got around to seeing Dunkirk, didn't really get the hype. Some nice visuals but I cared little for the characters. It was fairly short so they really could have bulked it out and added some depth in there earlier in the film.

Massive disappointment. Hated the editing. English man's son dies at the hands of a mad allied solder and he hardly bats an eyelid. WTF.
                          Low stakes bankroll building videos now on my Youtube channel
                          Also check out my live twitch streams

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                            There's no end to your surprise either.
                            You are as bad as each other. SP unusually on the sane side though tbf.

Pair of clowns who are supposed to be clever.

Comment

I avoid movies with members of one direction in them.
                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                I avoid movies with members of one direction in them.
                                Fairly select category I would have thought?
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

So he should have made the film longer to include stuff he purposely veered away from. The lack of backstory and you not caring for the characters was part of what he was going for.

Opr

Comment

Bangladesh beat Australia today by 20 runs in the first test

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                      Bangladesh beat Australia today by 20 runs in the first test
                                      No way, what did they do, send out their under 12's by mistake

Comment

Originally posted by O.D. View Post
                                        Massive disappointment. Hated the editing. English man's son dies at the hands of a mad allied solder and he hardly bats an eyelid. WTF.
                                        That wasn't his son, it was his sons friend. He was probably pretty used to people dying.

Story just played it too safe, actually have some characters die films, thanks.
                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 30-08-17, 09:22.

Comment

Knew I should have gone to see it sooner

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            No way, what did they do, send out their under 12's by mistake
                                            Bangladesh on the rise last few years. Ahead of Sri Lanka and Windies in ODI rankings for instance.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Someone really needs to explain to Simon Harris that his alcohol plan makes no sense. Hopefully the rest of party manages to keep obstructing him.

Comment

Someone really needs to explain to Simon Harris that his alcohol plan makes no sense. Hopefully the rest of party manages to keep obstructing him.
                                                Was that you I saw at the bar this morning in Slatterys. Was gonna go over but there were two quare asleep under both me armpits.

Comment

Anyone know of a reliable taxi company in portlaoise?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                    Was that you I saw at the bar this morning in Slatterys. Was gonna go over but there were two quare asleep under both me armpits.
                                                    Wasn't Maxi was it? Nah I've never been in Slatterys in the morning!

Comment

Its the exact copy of Leos plan though, that makes it tough for any up-and-coming go-getter on the backbenches to point out its flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        Fairly select category I would have thought?
                                                        Ah there are non one direction music world people also.
                                                        If it's got 50cent in it, it'll be shit. So I avoid.
                                                        Ditto your LLCoolJ's, list goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                          Ditto your LLCoolJ's, list goes on.
                                                          You've clearly never seen Deep Blue Sea!

Comment

Clearly I did!

Comment

Wasn't Maxi was it? Nah I've never been in Slatterys in the morning!
                                                              Maxi and I aren’t speaking since the mid 90s.

I don’t know what your old man told you but here is the true story.* *TL DR etc

We were drinking in D4 *in the mid 90s *(I was a rambunctious scallywag) .* We were to head to a party in Shrewsbury road later,so in the bar Maxi was cosying up to our pal Timmy. She dated his older brother and was moving cougar style

on young 21 year old Timmy and was dating him a few weeks.She was about 20 years older than all of us but sure shag an experienced celeb who wasn’t the worst looking so who could blame him. Anyway we were at the bar talking and Maxi was

bullshitting/namedropping away. Anyhoo I asked her did she have any younger sisters I could date, someone perhaps in their mid 40s.(I wanted a cougar too) Anyway she took great offence to that comment and throw a martini (yuk) over my shirt.

Other amusing related stuff happened but later at the party we chilled out by the pool and she seemed in better form. On Monday in work she sent me an email apologising and telling me Timmy explained how I was off my rocker most of the time and my intention was to get her to laugh and not insult her(* cant remember if I was or not)

I’m not proud of my tomfoolery around that time but rest assured if you are dating a celebrity right now and I enquire if she has a sister in her late 40s. I may genuinely be interested this time. (don’t tell the missus)

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                Anyone know of a reliable taxi company in portlaoise?
                                                                Ace taxi

Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                  Ace taxi

Cheers

Comment

Sorry about that

Comment

Our servers, and the associated support staff are largely based in Houston, so it took a lot longer than normal to fix the problem. Until this week the site has been pretty stable for a good while, so hopefully this won't be a recurring thing. I have less free time to chase things and try and fix anything as well, so the combination meant it was offline for longer than I'd like. I was doing my best though to get it online, and we finally got there.

Apologies, but largely out of my hands unfortunately.

Comment

I have the site to myself, it's great. I should take off my pants.

The hosting company, as part of rectifying this outage for us (which I should clarify, was not caused by the storm, but was delayed in being fixed due to support staff not working) have restricted the site access to the IP of my home network, which was a very bright idea. I have asked them to fix this, but obviously none of ye will see this until it's back up, so hey, hum.

Comment

Hector jelly broke it!!

Jesus I missed you cunts
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

was reduced to seeing pictures of kids starting school on facebook

Comment

Productivity at work through the roof last few days

Comment

Didn't know HJ had a blog.

Comment

Hectorious or Solks imo

Comment

Hectorjelly obviously spent the last two days on acid furiously typing down all his thoughts
                                                                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Those blogs are from 8 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                          Productivity at work through the roof last few days
                                                                                          I've had a quiet few days as well and today I have a ton of stuff to do. Bloody typical. But since my office is in my house I can still browse when I want I guess. But can't imagine there will be too much happening here for a bit.

On Houston, there are some shocking scenes coming from there, the weather seems horrific. I have friends close by to where it is the worst and the stories coming from there about people trapped and people getting killed are just awful.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                            Our servers, and the associated support staff are largely based in Houston, so it took a lot longer than normal to fix the problem. Until this week the site has been pretty stable for a good while, so hopefully this won't be a recurring thing. I have less free time to chase things and try and fix anything as well, so the combination meant it was offline for longer than I'd like. I was doing my best though to get it online, and we finally got there.

Apologies, but largely out of my hands unfortunately.
                                                                                            Just rang Elton back there and told him to hold off on that song.

Comment

Just walked my kids to school and noticed traffic volume has doubled overnight (all schools back).

Giving each child a bike, a helmet and mandatory training would be the best investment the country could ever make.

Comment

Just walked my kids to school and noticed traffic volume has doubled overnight (all schools back).

Giving each child a bike, a helmet and mandatory training would be the best investment the country could ever make.
                                                                                                One of mine did a six week course in school last year, he'd shame most adult cyclists now.

Comment

A few bike lanes for them to keep out of the traffic in would help.

It should be a crime to drive any kid less than 2Km to school.

Comment

Funny having no ipb ony last days in my job.
                                                                                                    Have to vent in real life
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Went to South Korea for a few days last week for work; didn't leave Seoul over the five days and didn't need to, there's a lot going on! Very interesting place and I think we got lucky when it came to the weather, were warned it would be over 30 degrees each day and that the air quality was the worst in the world, but it had actually rained a good bit recently so was only mid-high 20s and the air seemed fine (gets worse in spring I believe).

Needed the cooler weather as I had to do a corporate photoshoot followed by attending a wedding on Saturday and so obviously was wearing my woolen Irish suit The Koreans are great, some very similar traits to us (at least when compared to their neighbours to the east and west), they love to party hard. Was a tough enough journey getting there for such a short trip, 14 hours flying time each way via Germany. Hopefully will make it back sometime in the future for a proper holiday!

Comment

Lads I need help finding a decanter/carafe job for a present.

GAB put me onto this place - http://mitchellandson.com/

Is that where all the fancy ones posted here a while ago came from? The price of the fucking things

Comment

Ah, nice to have ye back.
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Wanna make some falafels tomorrow. Is there a tried and tested recipe that's best to use?
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Clearly a bit of a slow news day for the Guardian to have led with this, but interesting enough.

How gambling industry targets poor people and ex-gamblers.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    Funny having no ipb ony last days in my job.
                                                                                                                    Have to vent in real life
                                                                                                                    Well, seeing as you are at a loose end now, time to earn the big wage IPB pays you. I'll even double your wages if you do a good job figuring out the db problem we've been having.

Comment

Pro 14 season kicks off tonight - seems like it's been AGES since the end of last season! Come on Connacht...

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                        Pro 14 season kicks off tonight - seems like it's been AGES since the end of last season! Come on Connacht...
                                                                                                                        Away trip to PE IMO

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X