Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
    G'way with your irrational shite. Lumping on anything in a two horse race is stupid most of the time imo, lumping on Mayweather here isn't terrible but I wouldn't do it myself if I had thousands lying around to gamble. I don't know what the biggest price has been against Mayweather, McGregor should be longer than 10/1.

People keep saying he isn't a boxer but he is an elite fighter who has length, power and great use of angles. Ridiculous precision too. There's probably very few boxers as precise as he is. All that against the greatest defensive boxer ever is nowhere near enough, he needs to get lucky and land that punch a few times. McGregors opponents go down and get jumped on and finished. Boxing gives you a 10 count. He has to be knocked out or knocked silly inside 4 for McGregor to win. Thats longer than a 10/1 shot imo.

Mayweather hasn't fought in 2 years, is 40 years old. He's guaranteed to have slowed down a bit. He will likely dance about and make a fool of him and find a finish as McGregor gasses from punching air.

I gave out about people pretending to be lumping on Mayweather, that isn't irrational. Good luck to them if they have but stfu about it. Post your bet or post after you have won, stfu pretending you are some kind of genius who knows something will definitely happen and are printing money.

Fuck off and play with your calculator. There is irrational for you.

I agree with the weight but I just don't see it having much of an effect in the boxing ring, in 8oz gloves against the best defensive boxer about.

Wouldn't be bothered reading stuff from journos who have no clue, there has been some cringey uneducated shit written in the last month. The ESPN drama queen going on about Crumlin being like Compton was my fav.
    I dont understand why lumping on something in a 2 horse race is stupid. Is lumping on something in an event where there are more potential winners more attractive?
    Last edited by Guest; 26-08-17, 14:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      Are the internet police going to be out in force tonight bringing down streams, or will if be handy enough to get somewhere to watch it?
      They were really good at taking down streams for MayPac, I imagine they'll be even better at it now.

Comment

Lumping on anything in a 2 horse race is retarded.

The only surprising outcomes tomorrow are McGregor by decision or a Draw, but just about every likely event has no value in it to be backed apart from the 1/2 I was told about for him to wear an Irish flag during his walkout.
        I don't know what the biggest price has been against Mayweather, McGregor should be longer than 10/1.
        Have you ever had your IQ tested?

It seems kind of low.

Comment

Putting the life roll on that Chadley despite his claims to the contrary will be glued to the fight later.
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Home and hosed lads.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              Are the internet police going to be out in force tonight bringing down streams, or will if be handy enough to get somewhere to watch it?
              Smoothstreams is 8 quid for a month's sub if you are worried about it. Crystal clear HD stream without any need to worry about it not working tonight.

Opr

Comment

What was he at for the goal.
                Hanging out the washing.

Mikey Sheehy lobs Dublin goalkeeper Paddy Cullen to hand Kerry a goal in the 1978 All-Ireland Final.Number 12 in Top 20 GAA Moments

I was talking to Seamus Aldridge the referee for this famous incident this morning.

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                Home and hosed lads.
                Mayo are more than capable of letting it slip
                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 26-08-17, 15:04.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  Yeah, bet was reduced but its €3k to our €10k, I have 33% of the bet.
                  Time to go a-hunting... it's all over, mayo got it in the bag, Kerry are rubbish.
                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I'm too embarrassed to post my bet cause I missed the 1.3. it's not trump-esque though just in case it's rigged

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                      Putting the life roll on that Chadley despite his claims to the contrary will be glued to the fight later.
                      No value in it.

Comment

Painful to watch Mayo not be able to close out a game.

Comment

Pure knacker by Donaghy there.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Kerry bowing out disgracefully.
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              The blatant cheating to get his marker a card early on was as bad.

Y'know obv the Dubs should beat this Mayo team by 20 points but if they showed the same kind of spirit they showed today they might be able to put on a respectable showing.

Comment

Will have to see a replay but looked like O Shea stuck in a little head butt. Deserved a puck if he did.

Thanks for not taking the bet sp

Kerry absolutely shocking and Mayo never looked like losing. Tyrone fan for a day now, probably a Dublin fan for the final.

Comment

Pm the deets lads. Will transfer Monday morning if that's ok.

Comment

Did O'Shea step on his foot?

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Not going to make any predictions because that's been done to death but Mac has already won imo. He's talked himself into probably the biggest fight of all time in terms of purse and for all that he has done in MMA and now this I admire him.

I know he doesn't have much of a chance but if he was able to pull it off it would probably be the biggest upset in the history of sport.

And if he does do it what way will Ireland react? Everyone out on the street like in '94 when we beat Italy in the WC opener?

I have a small wager on Mac anyway. Going to be in a boozer with the guys/girls/coaches on my boxing/MMA team, there are lots of nationalities and I don't want to be the only Irish person there without some loots on just in case he does the job.
                                      Either way it'll be a cracking night and I hope that he knocks Mayweather's head off.

Comment

United look a lay here against Leicester. Don't believe their transformation is anywhere near as exciting as a lot believe it to be. Think we'll see lots of games like last season where they lacked any sort of fluidity in attack. Should still win mind this but 1.33 is wrong imo.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                          Did O'Shea step on his foot?

Looks like a reaction to something o'Shea did, not sure what though.
                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            The blatant cheating to get his marker a card early on was as bad.

Y'know obv the Dubs should beat this Mayo team by 20 points but if they showed the same kind of spirit they showed today they might be able to put on a respectable showing.
                                            I will take Mayo +20 evens. Friendly bet
                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                              Looks like a reaction to something o'Shea did, not sure what though.
                                              Watched it a pile of times now and cant see anything obvious. Looks bad from Donaghy in fairness. Did O Shea have a lump under his eye when he got up?

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                I will take Mayo +20 evens. Friendly bet
                                                Feck. I was just gonna post that!

Comment

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                    United look a lay here against Leicester. Don't believe their transformation is anywhere near as exciting as a lot believe it to be. Think we'll see lots of games like last season where they lacked any sort of fluidity in attack. Should still win mind this but 1.33 is wrong imo.
                                                    Still 0-0 and nearly half time but pattern of the game so far suggests 1.33 was pretty much spot on tbh.

Comment

Glad to see that cunt Sebastian Gorka has resigned/ been sacked.
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Merle View Post
                                                        Still 0-0 and nearly half time but pattern of the game so far suggests 1.33 was pretty much spot on tbh.
                                                        So wise, make sure you come back after full time too with more aftertimimng👍
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

A mate just accepted a straight 50 on mayweather tonight

#Hype
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

So wise, make sure you come back after full time too with more aftertimimng��
                                                            I'm not aftertiming, I'm just stating that 1.33 pre kick off looks about right given how game has panned out.

If United were winning 1-0 but looked absolutely shite and I came on here and said well played, laying them was actually a good bet, would I be aftertiming too?

Don't be so sensitive ffs.

Comment

Far too much hype about Utd after only two games in (and I'm a Utd fan) They have looked good in the opening two games but it was against awful opposition. They look good again today going forward but Leicster are dismal, absolutely awful

Comment

What a gobshite. Expensive day out

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Merle View Post
                                                                  I'm not aftertiming, I'm just stating that 1.33 pre kick off looks about right given how game has panned out.

If United were winning 1-0 but looked absolutely shite and I came on here and said well played, laying them was actually a good bet, would I be aftertiming too?

Don't be so sensitive ffs.
                                                                  I'm not sensitive and it is aftertimimng. Debate/ laugh at the merits of a bet as much as you want before an event, I encourage that. But keep the post/mid event wisdom to yourself, makes you look like a twat.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                    What a gobshite. Expensive day out

SPOILER

I feel his pain. Even backed Mayo last week. Thought they missed their chance.

Comment

Champions elect take the lead via this years Ballon D'or winner.

Comment

Champions elect take the lead via this years Ballon D'or winner.
                                                                        Any tea m8?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                          Any tea m8?
                                                                          Sizzler box and a burger en route m8. Will drink orange juice with it.

You?

Comment

I'm not sensitive and it is aftertimimng. Debate/ laugh at the merits of a bet as much as you want before an event, I encourage that. But keep the post/mid event wisdom to yourself, makes you look like a twat.
                                                                            Referring to mid event pricing analysis as 'aftertiming' is quite the stretch.

Comment

You?
                                                                              4 pints of Heineken so far. Might have a Bunsen and sweet potatoes fries after.

More of an apple juice fan myself. Will your orange juice have bits in or will it be smooth?

Comment

4 pints of Heineken so far. Might have a Bunsen and sweet potatoes fries after.

More of an apple juice fan myself. Will your orange juice have bits in or will it be smooth?
                                                                                Smooth. I don't need those complications in my life.

Comment

Fellani, possibly the greatest first touch you'll see all season

Comment

You?
                                                                                    What's a sizzler box? Sounds intriguing

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                      What's a sizzler box? Sounds intriguing
                                                                                      I will provide a picture

Last edited by CHDad; 26-08-17, 18:16.

Comment

Lol. For a website full of poker players it's hard to get a bet on
                                                                                        Full time daddy day care now m8.
                                                                                        Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                        A mate just accepted a straight 50 on mayweather tonight

#Hype
                                                                                        pm me his number
                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I will provide a picture

Its not cheap ! Stick up a review in the restaurant review thread...$$$
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Far too much hype about Utd after only two games in (and I'm a Utd fan) They have looked good in the opening two games but it was against awful opposition. They look good again today going forward but Leicster are dismal, absolutely awful
                                                                                            3 games on paper that we should be winning well. So happy enough it's been pretty comfortable. It is annoying at lads online saying shit like the good times are back after a couple of handy games. Would happily take top 3 now and getting out of the CL group is a must imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                                              Full time daddy day care now m8.

pm me his number
                                                                                              I actually offered 2/1 first.
                                                                                              SPOILER

This too shall pass.

Comment

My Dad drove up from Kerry last night after work to fix a hole in my sitting room ceiling ( after I let a cowboy builder into my house 2 months ago , far too long to type)

But me being the spoilt brat wanted whole sitting room done up, ceiling walls painted , bit of wallpaper, new light fitting , sockets etc .

He more or less has 48 hours, hes hard at it since 8.30 am this morn.

He just sat down for a break , looking up at the ceiling I took a pic and thought , hes a such a cool fucker. 68 yrs old , welder by trade, refuses to stop working and refuses to get old . some man for one man

SPOILER

God help him as I had been showering into the ceiling a while !

SPOILER
                                                                                                Last edited by SatNav; 26-08-17, 18:51.
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                  Interesting looking new HBO show coming from David Simon (The Wire creator).

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr
                                                                                                  First episode of this is about in the usual places now.

Opr

Comment

3 games on paper that we should be winning well. So happy enough it's been pretty comfortable. It is annoying at lads online saying shit like the good times are back after a couple of handy games. Would happily take top 3 now and getting out of the CL group is a must imo.
                                                                                                    Yeah, we've got a very easy start to the season.

21 points from the first 7 games should be very achievable before Liverpool on the 14th Oct (Everton being the one possible hiccup)

Really think we would have dropped points even at this stage last year as we lacked the killer instinct so happy with the progress but there is still a lot to do.

Hopefully, we get to the Liverpool game with 21 points and full of confidence, would serve us well.

We also got an easy group in the CL so anything less than topping that group is poor for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                      hes a such a cool fucker. 68 yrs old
                                                                                                      Jaysus, I'd be happy out if I looked that good when I hit 68

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                        To sing the national anthem? Listen good luck to her but it stinks imo.
                                                                                                        she'll be doing a bar of the foggy dew as well I reckon.
                                                                                                        truckload of cash plus exposure to a worldwide audience vs a gig in a school?
                                                                                                        Look, I get it sucks for the fans but she'd be mental not to do it
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                          Glad to see that cunt Sebastian Gorka has resigned/ been sacked.
                                                                                                          Of all the vermin that Trump brought with him into power Gorka was the ugliest specimen. Not as dangerous as Bannon because of being not nearly as clever as he thinks he is, he is actually quite the dummy.

Kelly must have traded him for allowing Trump pardon Sherrif Joe. It is worrying that he would allow Trump to show show such blatant disregard for the rule of law. I haven't figured out if he will have to purge his contempt or go back to jail... maybe they will be able to keep him out of office.

In fairness to the Military Junta now running the US they have done a decent job at removing the most vile scum surrounding the howling manchild and I suppose the trick now is to allow him enough rope.

Comment

I'll take evens on Kerry winning the replay

Comment

Jaysus, I'd be happy out if I looked that good when I hit 68
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Walking down Aungier St earlier and was behind 3 women, 2 'aul ones and the third looked like the daughter of one of the 'aul ones. None of them were from Dublin.

We were just at Avalon Hostel when I overheard the following

'Aul one 1 : Jaysus Mary, that's the hostel we stayed in last time we were in Dublin

'Aul One 2 : It is indeed, is that a Starbucks sign in the window?

'Aul one 1: Looks like it, Starbucks is every where now

'Aul One 2 : There wasn't a Starbucks there when we stayed there

'Aul one 1 : There wasn't a Starbucks full stop when we stayed there

Comment

Rugby final is a cracker

Also if Mac wins tonight have to pay my mate 400 vs my 70 �� still a little worried
                                                                                                                  Last edited by ghostface; 26-08-17, 20:17.

Comment

Comment

The hype has really gotten to me in the last few days.

A boxing kangaroo vs a distiguished opposer, from a British tv show of the 60s.More about boxing kangaroos and other performing oddities:www.raffaelederitis....
                                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

so Mia gone to bed robbed my alarm clock as she was bold and i took her phone off her , so the alarm is set for 4.30 am to call me and grandad for fight .

ffs im half shot here like , hope the fucker drops in five mins so i can go back to bed

btw found out today box office free for sky employees
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                          she'll be doing a bar of the foggy dew as well I reckon.
                                                                                                                          truckload of cash plus exposure to a worldwide audience vs a gig in a school?
                                                                                                                          Look, I get it sucks for the fans but she'd be mental not to do it
                                                                                                                          I'm a fan of her music but let's not downplay the gig. It's Rugbys biggest music festival in years and many paid for hotels vip tickets specifically to see her . I personally think she was wrong. It's one song to a boxing crowd . I'm parking my Irish prejudice here . It lacked class and integrity . I fail to see the big career move here. Bad form .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X