Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
    I see Rio in Ranelagh has either closed down or is going to be renovated.

Bit of a Mary Celeste feel about it. All the tables and chairs are gone but the bar is covered in glasses as if somebody got fed up cleaning up half way through and just left.
    That was sudden.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
      I would vote for a crazy raccoon over Trump ANYDAY!
      Well you got both.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
        Well you got both.
        I AM the crazy raccoon!

It's true I ain't normal!

Comment

Anyone know where I'd find a motogp stream? Can't see one on Reddit. Need it in a browser.

Comment

Aldi have this wine for €28 where it would normally retail for €60.

Need at least 2 hours before it opens up. Going back to buy some more this week.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              Aldi have this wine for €28 where it would normally retail for €60.

Need at least 2 hours before it opens up. Going back to buy some more this week.
              2011 was a pretty bad year afaik. Probably trying to get rid.

2012 & 13 were shockers too.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Or there will be consequences. Ramifications, even.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  2011 was a pretty bad year afaik. Probably trying to get rid.

2012 & 13 were shockers too.
                  Obv not 09 or 10 quality but for €28 it's a steal. Millesima are selling cases for €800.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    @zuutroy - I still have my voucher for a plane and helicopter flying lesson thing (both on the same day). Obviously being Ireland, weather could be bad at any time of the year, but do you reckon May is a good time of the year to be planning this for or should I wait until June?
                    zuutroy - I don't think you answered the above yet. What do you think? Do you know how long in advance one would need to arrange these things?

Comment

Singles for 85

Buy Château Saint-Pierre 2011 Wines available at Millesima ✅ Careful and fast delivery ✓ Guaranteed provenance ✓ 150,000+ customers

Comment

zuutroy - I don't think you answered the above yet. What do you think? Do you know how long in advance one would need to arrange these things?
                        Sorry Dom completely missed that. Ireland is notoriously hard to predict but the warmer months will have a higher cloud base so June July August will give you the best chance of getting out. Book whatever suits you but don't set your heart on actually getting out on that day. TBH you shouldn't have to book that far in advance anyway. Do you reckon you'd go on to do the PPL if you like it?

Comment

anyone know where one might find this on line to watch ?

cant find it anywhere

Dave is a wannabe drug dealer stuck with a batch of experimental new pills, Ray is a failing club DJ getting by on a daytime radio slot, and socially awkward...

Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                            Sorry Dom completely missed that. Ireland is notoriously hard to predict but the warmer months will have a higher cloud base so June July August will give you the best chance of getting out. Book whatever suits you but don't set your heart on actually getting out on that day. TBH you shouldn't have to book that far in advance anyway. Do you reckon you'd go on to do the PPL if you like it?
                            Nah, I doubt I'd commit that much time or money for it to be honest. I won't be plane sharing with you any time soon, sorry!

In 4 months time I'll have a kid and 2 mortgages, no room for an expensive flying hobby too in my finances.

Comment

In 4 months time I'll have a kid and 2 mortgages, no room for an expensive flying hobby too in my finances.
                              That will put paid to most frivolous spending alright!

Comment

First dinner party of the year last night. Fairly civilised affair, just the 9 bottles of wine between 5 people

Before

SPOILER

After

SPOILER

Comment

First dinner party of the year last night. Fairly civilised affair, just the 9 bottles of wine between 5 people

Before

SPOILER

After

SPOILER
                                  I is dissapointed , was expecting

SPOILER
                                  carnage in second pic, its like spot the difference
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                    I is dissapointed , was expecting

SPOILER
                                    carnage in second pic, its like spot the difference
                                    I did say it was a civilised affair!

Comment

I did say it was a civilised affair!
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

This is my bathroom after getting ready to go to a 'civilized dinner'

SPOILER

Not that I go to that many
                                        Last edited by Guest; 26-03-17, 20:42.

Comment

I was expecting this ...

SPOILER

Comment

Note the little bowls of sweets....a must

Comment

Note the little bowls of sweets....a must
                                              very celeb looking bathroom , did ya take out all the blue M&Ms
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                very celeb looking bathroom , did ya take out all the blue M&Ms
                                                I ban them sat!

Comment

Before

SPOILER

After

SPOILER
                                                  Installing double doors during dinner is rather impressive!

Comment

It's the other side of the table.

Comment

I wont qoute ...... delete quick @P&F
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

This is my bathroom after getting ready to go to a 'civilized dinner'

SPOILER

Not that I go to that many
                                                        I would be proud if any girl went to such trouble in preparation of going out on a date with me.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                          I would be proud if any girl went to such trouble in preparation of going out on a date with me.
                                                          I thought the sink was disgusting.

until I realised my screen is disgusting.

Comment

Must be the third time I've been surprised that Counselor Deanna Troi is the air hostess in this ad

The classic TV advertisement (1978)."The Cinzano series of commercials created an unlikely partnership between Rising Damp star Leonard Rossiter and actress...
                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post

The scene is Sarah Connor style(She dies if she dates me). Have you old pizza remnants on your screen?.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                The scene is Sarah Connor style(She dies if she dates me). Have you old pizza remnants on your screen?.

Pasta and bisto - baby

Comment

That's the beginning of the end.
                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post

I grabbed the pick online. But it's pretty representative!

Comment

Has anybody ever put corned beef and pastrami on a sandwich? Sounds like something that could create world peace.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                        Has anybody ever put corned beef and pastrami on a sandwich? Sounds like something that could create world peace.
                                                                        I'm not even sure what pastrami is tbh.
                                                                        I mean, its a word I've heard all the time. Along with baloney and the like. And I know it's some sort of deli meat. I don't think I could pick it out of a meat line up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                          I mean, its a word I've heard all the time. Along with baloney and the like. And I know it's some sort of deli meat. I don't think I could pick it out of a meat line up.
                                                                          Fancy weak spiced beef.

Comment

In for spicy beef sandwiches

Comment

Decent amount of sport incoming over the next few weeks once this week is out of the way

Comment

Anyone any experience with health screenings, blood tests etc? I remember it being discussed either here or on boards, looking at Mellor, V4V and Tar I guess?

These are available in my local hospital - http://www.stjameshospital.com/site1...creening-unit/

Comment

Twenty plus years of visiting Vegas and only now I finally get into craps. What a game! New addiction I'm afraid, at least while we're here.

Comment

anywhere you could get rough figures on how much it costs to bring an old house up to modern standards (e.g. rewiring per sq ft, plumbing, etc). Very rough estimates would be fine just trying to figure out how much you'd pay on top of cost price for a second hand house.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                      Anyone any experience with health screenings, blood tests etc? I remember it being discussed either here or on boards, looking at Mellor, V4V and Tar I guess?

These are available in my local hospital - http://www.stjameshospital.com/site1...creening-unit/
                                                                                      While not terribly at risk at our blissfully youthful age I would get them done yearly to make sure you are on track. Health insurance policies have started to cover yearly exams, they know you catching stuff early saves them money.

When getting bloods done ask for any particular vitamin you are interested in as they may not test for it otherwise, vitamin D etc. I went for one before and didn't think to ask for something so basic as iron and they didn't measure it - and me with haemochromatosis. If abnormality exists in B12 then you can get a more accurate test done than a standard blood test.

Can't comment on james', seems reasonable. Reminds me I need to find out where to go next myself. I would see how much it costs, wouldn't go throwing €500 at some place when going to your GP is often the same thing but much cheaper.
                                                                                      I would talk to them about cigarettes/alcohol, diet, exercise/activity levels and get blood pressure measured. Blood tests apart from vitamins :
                                                                                      Fasting Cholesterol (Hdl/Ldl) and triglycerides
                                                                                      glucose
                                                                                      psa
                                                                                      fbc
                                                                                      U&E
                                                                                      Tft's
                                                                                      Lft's
                                                                                      crp

A GP can generally do a good job with the above and recommend any further tests based on history/results.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                        anywhere you could get rough figures on how much it costs to bring an old house up to modern standards (e.g. rewiring per sq ft, plumbing, etc). Very rough estimates would be fine just trying to figure out how much you'd pay on top of cost price for a second hand house.

Cheers
                                                                                        Thats is a how long is a piece of string question.
                                                                                        Too many variables it literally any guess could be off by x^n you'd have to get a couple of estimates to have any confidence.
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                            Any variation of a pastrami melt from the Pig and Heffer is the GOAT sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              I find it rather odd/unnerving the way people build up these generally insular characters every year, lavish them with the more banal trappings of fame until season end and then send them off into "you used to be the weirdo on telly" hell for the rest of their lives

Comment

anyone know of good hostels in dublin? My nephew is shortly to embark on a tour of ireland in his little camper van and is looking for info on spots to sleep in Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                  I find it rather odd/unnerving the way people build up these generally insular characters every year, lavish them with the more banal trappings of fame until season end and then send them off into "you used to be the weirdo on telly" hell for the rest of their lives
                                                                                                  Applies to virtually every celebrity throughout history.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                    Any variation of a pastrami melt from the Pig and Heffer is the GOAT sandwich.
                                                                                                    Just checked, none within a 15 min walk of me now, which is annoying. Pig and Heifer do a great sandwich.

Comment

Just checked, none within a 15 min walk of me now, which is annoying. Pig and Heifer do a great sandwich.
                                                                                                      The amount of Pastrami in the sandwich is just fantastic. Great when you get both quality and quantity.

Comment

@Chad

Now that Par3/Pitch&Putt season is back, can you link me to that course down your way?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                          anyone know of good hostels in dublin? My nephew is shortly to embark on a tour of ireland in his little camper van and is looking for info on spots to sleep in Dublin.
                                                                                                          Sleep in the camper van....

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                            Not at all, these are Gods amongst men and will be remembered as such long after this years million a week chavball flash in the pan has degened away the last of his loots

And fwiw neither of these two lads are in the least insular, they're absolutely loving it.

Comment

@Chad

Now that Par3/Pitch&Putt season is back, can you link me to that course down your way?
                                                                                                              Think it was this one, was the one he mentioned when I was asking last year.

Comment

I'd imagine the generator is one of the better affordable places to lay one's head. Surrounded by great bars too to get him started, luas line into town etc.
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Hostelworld ratings usually seem spot on. I stayed in Barnacles and Abigails in Temple Bar last time I was there, Barnacles maybe slightly better but not much in it.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                    I'd imagine the generator is one of the better affordable places to lay one's head. Surrounded by great bars too to get him started, luas line into town etc.
                                                                                                                    Seconded. Great spot.
                                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

@Chad

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                      Think it was this one, was the one he mentioned when I was asking last year.
                                                                                                                      Yup.

A Hidden Gem In The Heart Of Wicklow. 18 Hole Par 3 Golf Course, over 2,758 yds in length, with full size greens.

Comment

I usually get a basic one done every 12-18 months.
                                                                                                                        Blood pressure, blood profile, cholesterol, testosterone, liver function.
                                                                                                                        Haven't ever got into the detail of the EKG stuff, but can't be a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                          Sleep in the camper van....
                                                                                                                          which is the plan for the rest of Ireland, but Dublin is a different matter

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                          Hostelworld ratings usually seem spot on. I stayed in Barnacles and Abigails in Temple Bar last time I was there, Barnacles maybe slightly better but not much in it.
                                                                                                                          ty ty, will pass on these words of wisdom!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X