Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      Poker after Dark has been quite good. Lots of big pots and interesting spots. When playing 5 handed with a double straddle, you're on the button with $3,400 already in the pot so it played a lot bigger than 200/400.

$1m pot towards the end of the Day 3, and not sure if it's possible to play AA much worse than this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wbwDBOtRK4
      Gotta be funking the ace from space though if you're at any other seat on the table.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Gotta be funking the ace from space though if you're at any other seat on the table.
        Aussie Matt bring plenty of action to the table too so his money is defo not locked up! It's a double whammy for Klein too, because whatever he wins/loses, he matches and donates to charity. Decent result for them too

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          I'm not so easily convinced. But rest assured, I stand by to disavow* him if you're correct.

*although worth pointing out again I never expressed any support for him in the first place!
          This article does a good job in explaining that the one thing that Trump has been consistent on down the years is...being a racist.

Have a read.

Comment

To be fair, I'd say he's culturally racist in the way that auld lad Dublin taxi drivers are. Hence the offence he takes at being called on it - it genuinely doesn't occur to him that his views and attitudes are ignorant and from another era.

Comment

Trump isn't letting it go. You'd think him of all people would benefit from letting it blow over fast
              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                To be fair, I'd say he's culturally racist in the way that auld lad Dublin taxi drivers are. Hence the offence he takes at being called on it - it genuinely doesn't occur to him that his views and attitudes are ignorant and from another era.
                Ah sure you cant say anything at all these days. I told a lad he had "a big golliwog head on him" at a poker table recently and another guy starts with the racist crap. I just laughed. The guy i was slagging i know well, i was on about his hair. He's Irish and white ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  Ah sure you cant say anything at all these days. I told a lad he had "a big golliwog head on him" at a poker table recently and another guy starts with the racist crap. I just laughed. The guy i was slagging i know well, i was on about his hair. He's Irish and white ffs.

Comment

Heading down to Valentia island for a few nights from Saturday - can't wait for a big family reunion and a few drinks watching the Kerry-Mayo game on the Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                      Heading down to Valentia island for a few nights from Saturday - can't wait for a big family reunion and a few drinks watching the Kerry-Mayo game on the Sunday!
                      Will be rough down there if the forecast weather comes in. Also go to the Moorings in Portmagee for a chowder. Won't be disappointed

Comment

Was in it at wkend there, had boat trip booked to skelligs and got cancelled 3 times. Moorings was a great place for food and craic, Valentia some spot too, well worth a day or 2. That transatlantic cable was some achievement, first step on the road to globalization and ultimately the internet etc
                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

I'm fairly confident those boats cancel on a whim just to fuck with people.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                            I'm fairly confident those boats cancel on a whim just to fuck with people.
                            Thanks for putting up that post from the propertypin last week, its an interesting read. Don't know enough about Apple's affairs and obviously they have good reasons, but on the face of it I can't of an obvious reason why an Irish company which sells goods to Irish customers online couldn't also have a retail presence, for any particular tax reason. As the post alluded to now that they've (apparently) onshored their IP they might soften and open up a store here. Watch this space I guess!

Comment

Wonder if Trump will wait 48hours to gather the facts on whether the people on Las Ramblas were involved in violence too.
                              airport, lol

Comment

Any new links to the PAD episodes? I have seen the first one.

Opr

Comment

I'm don't know how I haven't punched somebody today. below are two examples of about 12 different conversations I have had.

Customer : Can you give me a rate from A to B for these 4 pallets
                                  Me : No problem, here you go
                                  Customer : Is that LCL (Groupage service)
                                  Me : yes, it is
                                  Customer : Oh, I need a full container rates
                                  Me : Ok, just to note though, that will be significantly more expensive. LCL is the most efficient way to move this shipment.
                                  Customer : No, it has to be a full container
                                  Me : OK, here is the rates for a full container.
                                  Customer : WTF? These rates are ridcilious, they are way higher than the original quote
                                  Me : ......

Me : Can you give me two rates please, one based on an Air Ride Chassis collection and one based on a non Air Ride Chassis collection
                                  My US Office : so the difference between the two is we do the trucking on one and not the other???
                                  Me : No, we do the trucking on both?
                                  My US Office : So, you want a price to collect one with an Air ride chassis and a price to collect without an air ride chassis
                                  Me : Yes
                                  My US Office : Gotcha!
                                  My US Office : Just to confirm, that's one with Air Ride and one without Air Ride
                                  Me...

Comment

x@Lao - ye do collections from Germany (near Bonn)?

Rough delivery time on 17 pallets collected Monday?
                                    Last edited by Dice75; 17-08-17, 18:38.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                      Wonder if Trump will wait 48hours to gather the facts on whether the people on Las Ramblas were involved in violence too.
                                      Any tea mate?
                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                        Any tea mate?
                                        Shakshuka and couscous, and yourself?
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          x@Lao - ye do collections from Germany (near Bonn)?

Rough delivery time on 17 pallets collected Monday?
                                          You have a few options out of Germany

For the cheapest option (and slowest) they'll move them in a 45' container. Best case scenario, you'd get a ship ex Rotterdam Tues/Wed for arrival in Dublin Fri/Sat but it's a tight connection. Worse case, you'd get a vessel ex Rotterdam at the weekend and into Dublin on Mon/Tues for a 7/8 day transit time.

Other two options are road freight which is not my department but am pretty sure if you go with a dedicated truck (most expensive option and half empty if all the pallets are euro pallets), you'd be out of Bonn on a Monday and into Dublin Wednesday, Thursday at the absolute latest.

If going groupage by road, it'll depend how many departures a week they have. Pretty sure we have 3/4 a week but if whoever is carrying it only has one, it'd normally be on a Friday so arrival here wouldn't be until Monday so 7 day transit again.

I have heard a few horror stories though of transit times of 2 and 3 weeks out of Germany which is mental, fair amount of cowboys out there.

Comment

Allez les bleues ! Should make for an interesting 2nd half

Comment

Just saw someone say 'Jenny wine' on facebook instead of Genuine.

That's it, stop the clock.
                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Van ploughed into a crowd in Barcelona killing 13 confirmed so far with many more reported injured.

Opr

Comment

Sniff of a turnover. ? More like half a loaf eaten girls.

French girlies are hawt for fat bottom girl types.

Leering.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                    Van ploughed into a crowd in Barcelona killing 13 confirmed so far with many more reported injured.

Opr
                                                    FFS . How do you stop this shit ?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                      Allez les bleues ! Should make for an interesting 2nd half
                                                      We won the 2nd half
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                        Sniff of a turnover. ? More like half a loaf eaten girls.

French girlies are hawt for fat bottom girl types.

Leering.
                                                        France are looking good, but we still look way behind nz. Really hard to see past them at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Opr
                                                          Anyone who has managed not to see the uncensored video should not look for it. Accidently seen one on twitter about 5pm, and wish I hadn't.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                            Will be rough down there if the forecast weather comes in. Also go to the Moorings in Portmagee for a chowder. Won't be disappointed
                                                            Im in Dingle Mon and Tue night, hope the bad weather stays up the top end of the country.
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                              Anyone who has managed not to see the uncensored video should not look for it. Accidently seen one on twitter about 5pm, and wish I hadn't.
                                                              Same, bodies strewn mangled.
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                Im in Dingle Mon and Tue night, hope the bad weather stays up the top end of the country.
                                                                Murphys, big red pub in the middle of town for grub and a fantastic Guinness.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                  You have a few options out of Germany

For the cheapest option (and slowest) they'll move them in a 45' container. Best case scenario, you'd get a ship ex Rotterdam Tues/Wed for arrival in Dublin Fri/Sat but it's a tight connection. Worse case, you'd get a vessel ex Rotterdam at the weekend and into Dublin on Mon/Tues for a 7/8 day transit time.

Other two options are road freight which is not my department but am pretty sure if you go with a dedicated truck (most expensive option and half empty if all the pallets are euro pallets), you'd be out of Bonn on a Monday and into Dublin Wednesday, Thursday at the absolute latest.

If going groupage by road, it'll depend how many departures a week they have. Pretty sure we have 3/4 a week but if whoever is carrying it only has one, it'd normally be on a Friday so arrival here wouldn't be until Monday so 7 day transit again.

I have heard a few horror stories though of transit times of 2 and 3 weeks out of Germany which is mental, fair amount of cowboys out there.
                                                                  Cheers. I'll see how their crowd fairs out next week. Will be doing same on a monthly basis through winter so might give u a shout...

Comment

Murphys, big red pub in the middle of town for grub and a fantastic Guinness.
                                                                    Doyles and out of the blue booked, courthouse for pints.

Not my first rodeo...

I will also give Murphys some of my custom !

Going to head out on the drive tueday to Slea head, anywhere nice for lunch on the way ?
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                        Doyles and out of the blue booked, courthouse for pints.

Not my first rodeo...

I will also give Murphys some of my custom !

Going to head out on the drive tueday to Slea head, anywhere nice for lunch on the way ?
                                                                        Only place I ever stop if I venture that far west is Paidis pub in Ventry. Never had grub there, don't know if they do it. Found the Slea head drive a bit meh tbh but if the weather is decent hopefully you'll get some nice views

Comment

Only place I ever stop if I venture that far west is Paidis pub in Ventry. Never had grub there, don't know if they do it. Found the Slea head drive a bit meh tbh but if the weather is decent hopefully you'll get some nice views
                                                                          Its to keep me out of the pub really....if its shit weather tuesday, pub it is...lol
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                            What did the spanish ever do to anyone since the inquisition? Hard to know how you stop crazy people.
                                                                            Meh, I don't think you can. As horrible as it is, how many people are they killing a year. In the whole of Europe is it even 100?

Comment

All knowing bbv. You are being tasked with getting switchy an AI final ticket. It is going to be absolute carnage for tickets down here with every man and his dog wanting to go.

I thought I was sorted. My parents have a season ticket each and I've been using their +1 allocation for the championship but supposedly the GAA don't do it for the most important and toughest match to get a ticket for

Thanking you in advance. Reward offered
                                                                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                  All knowing bbv. You are being tasked with getting switchy an AI final ticket. It is going to be absolute carnage for tickets down here with every man and his dog wanting to go.

I thought I was sorted. My parents have a season ticket each and I've been using their +1 allocation for the championship but supposedly the GAA don't do it for the most important and toughest match to get a ticket for

Thanking you in advance. Reward offered
                                                                                  Sky head office get them , send me a pm tomorrow . id say doubtful but worth a shot. my manager is a waterford woman so could be dodge
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Cool beans. What time will i text you to remind?

Feck the manager. Get the claws out

Comment

Cool beans. What time will i text you to remind?

Feck the manager. Get the claws out
                                                                                      Sent her email. Will let u know
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Some ep of GoT. I screamed at the telly.
                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                          Some ep of GoT. I screamed at the telly.
                                                                                          Its Ghostface Stephen i feel for.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                            Meh, I don't think you can. As horrible as it is, how many people are they killing a year. In the whole of Europe is it even 100?
                                                                                            Vastly more people dying of actual car crashes. 10s of 1000s more probably.
                                                                                            Yeah, how many people died on Bloody Sunday, 13 or 14? that's chump change, and all those families calling for justice. Who cares, they're dead, get over it. How many died in Hillsborough.....96 souls,yawn, why do you have to drag that out for 28 years. 129,000 people killed by Atomic bombs in Japan in world war 2. That was over 70 years ago and people are still crying about it.
                                                                                            55 million people die every year, what's the big deal, death is a part of life.

Comment

Happy Mondays were good in Leopardstown - its like 30 years of drugs have enhanced them.

Comment

FOLLOW ME:twitter.com/YoutuberMissCelFox 5 news went reporting live, hoping to interview a potential lottery ticket winner. When asked what the man would do ...
                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                  Happy Mondays were good in Leopardstown - its like 30 years of drugs have enhanced them.
                                                                                                  Ah I'd say it was deadly with a few apre beers . Damn I shoulda went.

Comment

John Muldoon telling the host on Off the Ball how a 5 year old Joe Canning was pucking the ball over the bar from 50 yards out. It doesn't sound possible even though he was pretty convincing. It would be great if it was true.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                      John Muldoon telling the host on Off the Ball how a 5 year old Joe Canning was pucking the ball over the bar from 50 yards out. It doesn't sound possible even though he was pretty convincing. It would be great if it was true.
                                                                                                      Easily possible. I did some summer camp coaching for the GAA and some of the 5-6 year olds were well able to hit it out of their hand 30-40 yards. Not beyond possibility that some Irish kids can puck it 50 yards at 5.

Big Dan Shanahan won the under 12 long puck with an 80 metre puck. He was probably still wearing the hat backwards

Comment

Easily possible. I did some summer camp coaching for the GAA and some of the 5-6 year olds were well able to hit it out of their hand 30-40 yards. Not beyond possibility that some Irish kids can puck it 50 yards at 5.

Big Dan Shanahan won the under 12 long puck with an 80 metre puck. He was probably still wearing the hat backwards
                                                                                                        Cuchullin knocked it 100 yards aged 4 . and had such power he killed a Northsider by shooting a puck down his twitchy neck.

Comment

...

Comment

Wow, Trump. It's unbelievable what a horrible person he is.
                                                                                                            generally or something specific?

Comment

...

Comment

Something about praising a guy dipping bullets in pigs blood to shoot muslims
                                                                                                                This: http://www.thejournal.ie/trump-barce...51833-Aug2017/
                                                                                                                Low stakes bankroll building videos now on my Youtube channel
                                                                                                                Also check out my live twitch streams

Comment

I've had 2 separate people at work who can barely turn a computer on tell me they are getting into Bitcoins/ETH. Cash out time must be approaching

Comment

Something about praising a guy dipping bullets in pigs blood to shoot muslims
                                                                                                                    which apparently isn't even true anyway....the 1890s version of an urban myth

Comment

One for SP and the Duke!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                        hmmm, I wonder where this allegedly totally bankrupt individual could possibly have found the cash to finance such a venture.

Wouldn't be leaving any winnings sitting there overnight anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                          I've had 2 separate people at work who can barely turn a computer on tell me they are getting into Bitcoins/ETH. Cash out time must be approaching
                                                                                                                          even bitcoin cash has gone to $500, these are good times.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X