Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

play fuck all poker anymore , decided to play a kilarney sat

Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      I might be misunderstanding it. Why would the Spanish league be trying to stop Barcelona receiving a lunatic amount of money from PSG? Can understand the French league trying to stop one of their clubs spunking a quarter billy, but doesn't make sense the other way around?
      Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
      Financial Fair Play rules I assume.
      Yeah, the Financial Fair Play rules states that a club cannot spend 30m more than they earn so the deal could be ruled void. Neymar and his reps paid the £200 million themselves (In Spain, a release clause can only be activated by a player buying himself out of his contract.)

He can now go and enjoy his €865k per week and not live in Messi's shadow, even when he outperforms him.

Comment

The ultimate money laundering.

I need to clean 222 million.
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Neymar is not the sign that football is fucked

The Neymar shit happened because football is fucked

Football is fucked because of shit like this:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Hey kid you like Primus... don't waste your time kicking a ball,
          watch it on the big TV with your gormless fuckwit dad instead!
          Last edited by Guest; 04-08-17, 01:01.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
            The value of accomodation in Glasgow is great. My rate rents a lovely 2 bed to himself for little more than I pay for my room in Dublin. And appears to be a lovely city when you know your way around.
            You could commute to work from there.
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

The greatest thing about this Neymar shit is I get to witness Man United and Barcelona fall apart in the same decade. Two things I've called happening and wanted nearly as much as Chelsea dominating.

Fucking class.

More than a club

Comment

Barca and United 2 of the biggest names in football falling apart due to Neymar . Lol

Chelski's are the more likely to crash n burn imo
                Their money advantage that dragged them from mediocrity is no longer there. Barca Will win the title in Spain. In prem Chelski in battle for top 4 with the other moneybag clubs..yes including Utd. The only collapse from Utd has been their style of play . Too slow and deliberate. Will deffo improve. Two cups last season though

Comment

Fair play zuut. Some man for having a dream and turning it into reality.

Now you can fly around to the far-flung outposts of your coffee empire telling people to FO.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Speaking of flying was just reading that near miss at San Francisco airport at start of July was even closer than realised (air Canada flight went to land on taxi way which had 4 passenger planes lined up,pulled up very late when they copped ,cleared one of the parked planes by 3 feet,brown undies all round in the parked planes)

Comment

Slightly random one but I have a reservation in Vintage Kitchen for two for tomorrow night, Saturday 5th Aug for 8:30PM.

I booked it months ago and now, rather annoyingly I can't make it.

Saturday night bookings here are like gold dust.

If anybody wants it, I'll happily pass on the details rather than cancel the booking.

Need to know by 2PM today in order to give them time to fill the booking elsewhere if nobody wants it.

PM me for details, first come first served (that was a deliberate pun )

***EDIT - BOOKING GONE TO AN IPB'ER***
                      Last edited by Lao Lao; 04-08-17, 11:38.

Comment

FAO NewApproach:

Now we know why Dublin is the only European capital city without an APPLE STORE

Of course one of the funniest things not mentioned in the EU statements (that I could see), is that despite all the dodgy deals, Schrodinger Cat interpretations of Irish residency (thank you Colm McCarthy), side+comfort letters and excel "goal-seeked" transfer pricing calculations between Apple + Apple's Dublin Advisers and the Irish State + Revenue, there was one rule that Apple ruthlessly observed - not to have a formal Apple Retail Store in Ireland.

The answer is of course tax driven (Apple even have a store in Belfast, and every main city in the EU, not just capitals).

The prospect of making Ireland both a major IP platform (for sucking EU revenues gross and un-taxed from Germany, France, Italy etc. and re-routing to Cayman / BVI at 0.005% tax rates via Ireland), and a source of Irish Retail Income from a Official Apple Store(s), would actually (don't laugh), potentially trip Apple into some Irish domestic anti-avoidance tax laws. In the wonderful Colm McCarthy analogy (despite his incorrect conclusions), having an Apple Retail store in Dublin could have been the tax equivalent of opening Apple's Schrodinger's Box (and finding the cat wearing a "green jersey").

Having an Apple Retail store in ROI could damage the subtle dance Apple and Irish Revenue were trying to manage, in keeping Apple Ireland's enormous IP off the Irish National Accounts and 12.5% taxation (why it was Irish non-resident), but yet operate Apple Ireland as an Irish resident company to access the EU TP system (why it was also Irish resident). This was obviously a con. However now that Apple Ireland moved its IP onto Ireland's National Accounts (Irish GDP rose 26% in 2015, but increased our annual EU levy by €380m), the fear of having an Irish Retail Apple store in Dublin (+Cork) may subside for Apple.

Another outcome of Margrethe Vestager's work is that we do finally get an Apple store(s) in Ireland (although I would rather have passed up on it, and not incurred the permanent €380m annual increase in our EU GDP contribution levy.)

Again Margrethe, the animals thank you.
                        Now we know why Dublin is the only European capital city without an APPLE STORE Of course one of the funniest things not mentioned in the EU statements (that I could see), is that despite all the dodgy deals, Schrodinger Cat interpretations of Irish residency (thank you Colm McCarthy), side+comfort letters and excel “goal-seeked” transfer pricing calculations between Apple + Apple’s Dublin Advisers and the Irish State + Revenue, there was one rule that Apple ruthlessly observed - not to have a ...

There is a lot of interesting stuff in that thread, think there are further details/speculation on the store thing in there somewhere.

Comment

(Irish GDP rose 26% in 2015, but increased our annual EU levy by €380m)
                          Woah, never realised or considered this. Jesus, the airline leasing industry must be killing us.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                            Woah, never realised or considered this. Jesus, the airline leasing industry must be killing us.
                            ELIA5?
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Had to google that.

We'd a big boost in GDP for phantom reasons and our EU contributions are based on our inflated GDP numbers. Considering most of those multi-nationals pay negligible tax, there's the possibility that some companies are actually costing us money?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                Anti trump derangement syndrome is causing lasting damage

Leaking the transcript of a presidential call to a foreign leader is unprecedented, shocking, and dangerous.
                                Public service announcement IMO

It's the permanent government making sure the world knows there is a emotionally broken 12 year old narcissist at the helm.
                                Leak was very carefully measured to ensure minimum damage. Much more important than the potential damage is the urgency of getting the message out to the world that this pantomime is real and there is no prospect of sane communications until he is gone.
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Just emailed somebody in my office in Bangledesh - Got the following out of office back.

Weekend. Will reply once return.

They were clearly in a rush to get out the door quickly and savour the weekend delights of Chittagong

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

That was a pretty good 10000m final,BBC would make you sick though,stuck with them for the week

Comment

That was a pretty good 10000m final,BBC would make you sick though,stuck with them for the week
                                          It's on Eurosport as well.
                                          BBC are great though.

Someone on Eurosport just referred to the 'metric mile' for the 1500 metres. Gotta love that level of 1980s thinking.
                                          Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 05-08-17, 09:42.

Comment

Yeah, was an amazing race. What a finish, that surge in the last 200 was fantastic.
                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Don't understand the hate for BBC though.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                Eurosport as well.
                                                BBC are great though.

Someone on Eurosport just referred to the 'metric mile' for the 1500 metres. Gotta love that level of 1980s thinking.
                                                That's a bit harsh on Eurosport

In track running, the 1500 m race became the standard middle distance race in Europe in the late 19th century,[1] and has been the standard distance in the Olympic Games since 1896. The distance of the race is sometimes referred to as a metric mile.
                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                  Overpaid; selfserving, nepotistic cuntbag two faced shite arses

Who love patting themselves on the back

But apart from that!

Comment

I remember listening to fighting talk on radio 5 after Chinese olimpics, one of the BBC's favourite daughters was eosponging how wonderful the BBC coverage of the olimpics was, she then said she was a bit jealous of the people at home watching it...

2008!

World descending into biggest meltdown since plaid was gold, since black went with white, I wish I was at home with the dolie bums watching this instead of being paid to be here!

I would have torched the lot that night if I could!🙄

Bag ooooohhhh shite!

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                      play fuck all poker anymore , decided to play a kilarney sat

Well done ...

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                        Overpaid; selfserving, nepotistic cuntbag two faced shite arses

Who love patting themselves on the back

But apart from that!
                                                        Here is a thought....don't watch it!

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                          Keep it simple, just renew the fucking thing before it hits 6 months from expiration. You guys are all adults capable of some bit of critical thinking, tis no rocket science.

SPOILER

Dude I'm blonde.

Comment

My passport is possibly in my nail polish bag ....it always smells of lavender anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                              Here is a thought....don't watch it!
                                                              I tend not to

Was just explaining the hate that has grown for them over the last few years from a paying customers point of view

Comment

Foster and cram are pretty unbearable. As are the panel(aside from Michael Johnson). I know RTE go over the top for Irish athletes but it's worse on the BBC for some reason
                                                                Pretty funny seeing the crowd boo Gatlin and go mental over Mo.

Comment

Nearly had a "Falling Down" moment there a while ago. Shuffled into a pub in Galway, sat down, picked up the breakfast menu on the table and asked fof a full irish.....

Sorry sir, breakfast finished at 12.

Look at phone - 12.02.

Me - "but...."

Her (snaps) "12"

Me - "but...."

Her - points at the 12 on the menu before grabbing it off me.

Me - "but...."

"carverys over there" as she walks off.

Geebag.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                    Nearly had a "Falling Down" moment there a while ago. Shuffled into a pub in Galway, sat down, picked up the breakfast menu on the table and asked fof a full irish.....

Look at phone - 12.02.

Me - "but...."

Her (snaps) "12"

Me - "but...."

Me - "but...."

Geebag.
                                                                    Sounds like a legend!

Give her a job in government; put her in charge of dealing with MeFeiners

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Look at phone - 12.02.

Me - "but...."

Her (snaps) "12"

Me - "but...."

Me - "but...."

Geebag.
                                                                      She's dead right. You were late. Smell of.entitlement off you. Get over yourself.

Comment

Super rugby final about to start. Free to watch on sky sports mix fwiw. Should be a cracker

Comment

Walking through town and girl walking behind me is on the phone to what seems to be her boyfriend

Her : Town is crazy, it's mental. I didn't realise Liverpool were playing today as well.

Pause

Her : I'm just saying, be careful if you come in and mind yourself. There is also Dublin fans everywhere ahead of their game.

Pause

Her : I love you too, but be careful if you come into town, it's absolutely mental in here. There's Liverpool and Dublin fans everywhere, promise me you'll be careful.

Town was anything but mental so can only assume her fella is a Man Utd fan from outside of Dublin who has an extremely punchable face 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                            Walking through town and girl walking behind me is on the phone to what seems to be her boyfriend

Her : Town is crazy, it's mental. I didn't realise Liverpool were playing today as well.

Pause

Her : I'm just saying, be careful if you come in and mind yourself. There is also Dublin fans everywhere ahead of their game.

Pause

Her : I love you too, but be careful if you come into town, it's absolutely mental in here. There's Liverpool and Dublin fans everywhere, promise me you'll be careful.

Town was anything but mental so can only assume her fella is a Man Utd fan from outside of Dublin who has an extremely punchable face 😁
                                                                            Sounds like Dobby

Comment

GO QUEENS BELFAST REPEALERS! British and Irish sisters doing it for ourselves ...cuz screw the DUP and SF AND FF AND FG

SCREW THE PATRIARCHY!

Subscribe NOW to Queen’s University Belfast: http://bit.ly/1Y24vuxMORE from Queen’s University Belfast: Like Queen’s University Belfast: https://www.facebook...

LEGENDS ! These Queens Students from Belfast decided to make their voices heard!
                                                                              This pic is going viral.

SHe asks the question at 30.50
                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 05-08-17, 15:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                Sounds like Dobby
                                                                                Am in Killarney and I have a lovely face so gfy

Comment

Fem power
                                                                                  Just make sure his dinners cooked first, sweetheart, yeah?

Comment

Jesus - Armagh are HORRIBLE. Continue hand passing it and running directly into 3/4 Tyrone defenders, if it doesn't work 14 times in a row, sure try it for a 15th time, might work this time!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                      Jesus - Armagh are HORRIBLE. Continue hand passing it and running directly into 3/4 Tyrone defenders, if it doesn't work 14 times in a row, sure try it for a 15th time, might work this time!
                                                                                      Awful to watch
                                                                                      Disgusted Kildare let a team this weak hearted get the better of us last week

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                        Shockingly bad but it also highlights how piss poor Kildare are. Still didn't see anything from Tyrone that should worry Dublin after the formality of the Monaghan match.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                          Just make sure his dinners cooked first, sweetheart, yeah?
                                                                                          Sheep.

We sisters don't need ye sheep...

Women in Northern Ireland who wish to have an abortion can either travel to England or break the law by procuring abortion pills illegally and without medica...

We have LIONESSES
                                                                                          A rally was held in Dublin on 20/August/2014 to protest the treatment of a rape victim under Ireland's recently introduced abortion legislation.The speaker i...

Comment

I laugh at all the people who thought abortions would be a divisive issue. SISTERHOOD!

Comment

If you give a woman the right to kill a life she should be locked up. Keep the 8th. Pro life. Hopefully the men in charge will see sense before the women lose the run of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                Shockingly bad but it also highlights how piss poor Kildare are. Still didn't see anything from Tyrone that should worry Dublin after the formality of the Monaghan match.
                                                                                                I must be the only one who thinks this Tyrone team will go.close this year. I think them dubs could be the game of the year if it pans out that way. I'll be having a few quid on them to upset dubs.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                  I must be the only one who thinks this Tyrone team will go.close this year. I think them dubs could be the game of the year if it pans out that way. I'll be having a few quid on them to upset dubs.
                                                                                                  I like Tyrone and would love to see them beat Dublin but I think this Dub team is just so good and like SP said, they don't have connolly dragging them down and they can actually play ball. I put time aside especially to.to watch that game today and I'm sickened after it. Hopefully Dublin Tyrone is a better watch in a few weeks

Comment

Assuming Mayo get past the Rossies, the final four spots in the championship are nicely occupied by the four best teams in the country - funny that, in a knockout* championship format! And any resulting lineup in the final would be interesting for the neutrals I think, Dublin vs Kerry exciting of course, but the other three options also would be intriguing I think.

*Ignoring the qualifier rounds for a second

Comment

I like Tyrone and would love to see them beat Dublin but I think this Dub team is just so good and like SP said, they don't have connolly dragging them down and they can actually play ball. I put time aside especially to.to watch that game today and I'm sickened after it. Hopefully Dublin Tyrone is a better watch in a few weeks
                                                                                                      Ya it was a shit match but that's hardly tyrones fault. They will relish playing the dubs and few teams feel that way

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                        Ya it was a shit match but that's hardly tyrones fault. They will relish playing the dubs and few teams feel that way
                                                                                                        Ah I know that. Can only beat what's in front of you sure. Good wins for the Kerry minor and junior teams today. Listening to the junior game, sounded like a cracker

Comment

Dubs fans doing an extended minutes silence

Some contrast with all the entertainment on offer last weekend

Comment

Awful games f9r the neutral alright.

Comment

If you give a woman the right to kill a life she should be locked up. Keep the 8th. Pro life. Hopefully the men in charge will see sense before the women lose the run of themselves.
                                                                                                              See this is the stuff we have to put up with!

Comment

Also I went to a wedding ..ME NEXT TIME !
                                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 05-08-17, 18:12.

Comment

Apologies if it has already been pointed out but the next episode of GOT has leaked online. It is a small file so I doubt the quality is great. I am resisting the temptation but I dunno how long that will last.

Opr

Comment

See this is the stuff we have to put up with!
                                                                                                                    Who is this "we". Stop being a sheep and do your own thing

Comment

What a performance in the women's 10k!!

Comment

What a performance in the women's 10k!!
                                                                                                                        Never saw anything like it. Even gabresalassie (you know who I mean) never dominated like that. Women's marathon record to be blown out of the water in 3 to 5 years time.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X