Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      Congrats Tom
      Nice name for the baby.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

My fav Myers quote Africa is giving nothing to the world but aids.

Comment

I said it back in 06 . 5starpool will marry and have a kid before Liverpool win the league again.

Congrats Dom and missus. Seriously moving up level now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                  Ya a section is great can't lift a thing for ages 3 layers of stitches. If nature intended c sections to be the norn all babies be born alien style bursting out of the belly.
                  We are nature. We've improved upon.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  Nice name for the baby.
                  Lewis.
                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    I think his comments (and therefore yours) are moderately objectionable.
                    The idea that theres a link between Jewishness and financial savyiness is not an acceptable thing to say, and is likely untrue. I'd suspect that it's
                    far more likely anyway that any financial cleverness comes from their families tough immigrant background, or from their education, or their use of strong friendship networks for advice.
                    The concept that 'The Jews are different in some way' thing is something they try to avoid, as it leads to 1930s Germany.
                    The Jew does seem to have spent an awful long time living in various ghetto's for a people who are supposed to have all the monies!?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                          The Jew does seem to have spent an awful long time living in various ghetto's for a people who are supposed to have all the monies!?
                          Any Jews on ipb? Thrown him down the Well if so.. smccbf

Comment

Gwan the Hindus!
                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              The Monster of Florence is a very nice long read.
                              bit of an anti climax ending tbf

Comment

I became slightly addicted to golf before leaving for NZ, brought my clubs with me, aspirations of dropping double digit numbers from my handicap only to fall flat, barely play and sell my clubs (worth far more in NZ).

4 packages arrived today with a complete new kit, so much cheaper ordering stuff from the UK, 1 day back on the driving range and the dream is very much alive again.

For any golfers around Kildare with interest in playing I'm going to rejoin Dunmurray so let me know if you want to get a round in some day before mid September.

Irish company from Carlow IT I believe making golf balls now too
                                Precision Engineered Tour-Grade Golf Balls are usually expensive. Seed delivers a tour grade golf ball performance at a fraction of the cost. Seed also provides quality golf Equipment & Accessories including Balls, Gloves, Hats, Tees and Bags that won't hurt your wallet! Official Ball of the PGA EuroPro Tour.

Comment

Just had a piss in my toilet, that I own. Feels great.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                      I became slightly addicted to golf before leaving for NZ, brought my clubs with me, aspirations of dropping double digit numbers from my handicap only to fall flat, barely play and sell my clubs (worth far more in NZ).

4 packages arrived today with a complete new kit, so much cheaper ordering stuff from the UK, 1 day back on the driving range and the dream is very much alive again.

For any golfers around Kildare with interest in playing I'm going to rejoin Dunmurray so let me know if you want to get a round in some day before mid September.

http://seedgolf.com
                                      Likely be home for a little bit end of Aug, will give you a shout!
                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                        Just had a piss in my toilet, that I own. Feels great.
                                        Congratulations, enjoy.
                                        Just wait until you have a huge honeysuckle plant out in the garden that you can go out in the evening to fertilise while you bathe in the beautiful smells

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                          Baby boy born by emergency cesarean at 9.15pm. Despite being 10 days over he's a small 6lb 1.5oz. A few minor issues they want to keep an eye on means he spends the first night in ante natal unit, but hopefully out with us tomorrow. Overwhelmed with the way the day went to be honest. Missus is tired and sore but otherwise ok.
                                          delighted for ya brother.
                                          Congrats to you and the missus and minidom
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Pity that RDIII isn't around to defend Kevin Myers I coulda had some fun with that.
                                            Hopefully that's the last anyone will ever hear from the twat, it was a long time coming meejia here were far to tolerant of him.
                                            What's he done? Doubt I would be defending him anyway as fairly convinced he's a twat.

Congrats Tom!

And now back to planning my assault on this place. Magnificent shop 10 mins down the road. Doubt the El Tren loots will stretch to a bottle of the 2000 Petrus at a mere €4500 a bottle though.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

http://seedgolf.com
                                              Former colleague of mine runs this http://www.backspinbox.ie/

I signed up to a 3 month subscription and as well exceeded the value each time. Handy if you play enough and a decent surprise each month.

Comment

Ah Dom, delighted to hear that the little one has arrived safe. Hope he isn't too long in the ICU. My son Lewis was just a 1/2oz heavier than your little one so I know how small he is!

Having an emergency section after a day labouring is a tough old grind. I had one natural and 2 planned sections and was much easier than any friends who had emergency sections. I did too much after both mine and bust the stitches so make sure she lifts nothing heavier than the baby! I didn't listen...

The recovery is a bitch, trying to walk straight takes a few days. But worth it all. Hope MrsDom is doing ok after the op. Look after her now!

And any questions, PM away, didn't get my tagline playing poker

Comment

yeah moderately objectionable and lazy stereotyping would be about right.

About half of Jewish people in europe have a degree vs 25% of the general population. A stunning 75% of American Jews have a degree vs 40% of the general population. Theres a strong ethos of working hard and focus on education which would naturally translate into being better at managing money (its very well established that higher education = better at managing money).

So the average Jewish person will be better at managing money than the average non Jewish person. Hard to see how that leads to 1930s Germany.

The moderately objectionable and lazy stereotyping comes into play when its assigned to two specific people who are Jewish, but its not an awful thing to say. Someone without the malice of Myers could presumably get away with it if it was clear it wasn't intended as a negative stereotype.
                                                  Was in germany for the interview for new club. It was a full on 4 days of training sessions, meetings with board, alumni etc, tours and Q&A's. Smashed it all after a rocky start.

Two board members and one of their spouses in the car along with myself and my wife so its cramped. One of them asks us if we have been to Germany before, my wife being the loud american talkative one goes "Yes, I think so, when we went to visit Auschwitz, isn't it in Germany? The car soon fell silent until subject was changed.

I'll be in Heidelberg south of Frankfurt and a local winery produces an incredible white pinot noir which was delicious. Will stock up on a few bottles for anyone interested.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                    delighted for ya brother.
                                                    Congrats to you and the missus and minidom
                                                    His brother denies all responsibility.

Comment

Some weekend of mess.

Went out after work to a karoake bar on Friday with the work crew. Wasn't planning on staying long so packed my work laptop into the bag with me so I could get some stuff done Sat morning.

Got home at 4am after a boatload of drinks and a decent out stint in the Strippers. Realised I had no bag and had forgotten laptop when I woke up in a haze the next morning. Panic.

Bar wasn't opening until 5pm and I was going camping with the missus and mates so figured nothing I could do about it... drove out of the underground car park and side swiped some young wan. Jesus.

Off camping I go - no coverage out in the back arse of nowhere so can't call the bar... the fear is growing.

Called the bar yesterday and the asian lad who owns it was all smiles and happiness that he had a bag. Couldnt confirm it was mine. Sitting outside the bar waiting for it to open at 5pm for an hour was probably the most anxiety ridden hour of my life.

Thank fuck he had it. I've lost a work laptop previously and I honestly think Id have rather disappeared than have that convo again.

Comment

wha? Jewish people are, and for a lot of their history, have been among the wealthiest in whatever society they are from. Primarily due to the focus on education in that religion/culture. E.g. the US:

They didn't live in ghettos in Germany, they were forced into ghettos.
                                                        I never mentioned Germany!
                                                        East End of London!

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                          Was in germany for the interview for new club. It was a full on 4 days of training sessions, meetings with board, alumni etc, tours and Q&A's. Smashed it all after a rocky start.

Two board members and one of their spouses in the car along with myself and my wife so its cramped. One of them asks us if we have been to Germany before, my wife being the loud american talkative one goes "Yes, I think so, when we went to visit Auschwitz, isn't it in Germany? The car soon fell silent until subject was changed.

I'll be in Heidelberg south of Frankfurt and a local winery produces an incredible white pinot noir which was delicious. Will stock up on a few bottles for anyone interested.
                                                          Heidleberg is a beautiful city, I used to live and work in that area and spent a lot of time there.
                                                          My mate Niall Skelly owns the Dubliner pub: https://www.dublinerheidelberg.com/
                                                          He's been there for probably 25 years or more so he can give you advice on all things German and places to go. He's also a big rugby fan and a long time sponsor of the HRK Rugby club and his stepdaughter plays for the under 14 side.
                                                          Congrats on the job, hope it goes well for you.

Comment

wha? Jewish people are, and for a lot of their history, have been among the wealthiest in whatever society they are from. Primarily due to the focus on education in that religion/culture.
                                                            Ahkenazi Jews have the highest average IQs of any ethnic group in the world. It's genetic.
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                              Heidleberg is a beautiful city, I used to live and work in that area and spent a lot of time there.
                                                              My mate Niall Skelly owns the Dubliner pub: https://www.dublinerheidelberg.com/
                                                              He's been there for probably 25 years or more so he can give you advice on all things German and places to go. He's also a big rugby fan and a long time sponsor of the HRK Rugby club and his stepdaughter plays for the under 14 side.
                                                              Congrats on the job, hope it goes well for you.
                                                              Yeah, we loved the area. saw a lot of different places. Thanks for the connection, ill be flying back over myself in the next few days so any contacts is a huge help.

Comment

Scaramucci gone
                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Oh Mooch, we were just getting to know you. The clusterfck keeps getting clusterfckier

so long that guy from futurama
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

At least they would have gotten the country right.

Comment

Many of ye fookers living near Nutgrove shopping center.?
                                                                            I'm being shipped off there tomorrow. 6 months half price everything. Just saying
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Tired of winning yet?

Thought this piece was a good piece

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                I'm being shipped off there tomorrow. 6 months half price everything. Just saying
                                                                                That's my local shopping centre. Afraid I've zero interest in getting Sky though.
                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Maxine Waters is ripping right through the insanity.

Her performance against the imbicilic Goldman Sachs droid, Mnuchin that Trump set up as Sec of the Treasury and who displayed a childlike ignorance of how his office or democracy work, was something to behold
                                                                                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 31-07-17, 21:26.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                    That's my local shopping centre. Afraid I've zero interest in getting Sky though.
                                                                                    Come in and see me, we go for coffee!!!
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

how do I get SS changed so I'm just paying for Rugby and Racing?

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                        Yeah, we loved the area. saw a lot of different places. Thanks for the connection, ill be flying back over myself in the next few days so any contacts is a huge help.
                                                                                        No worries, he was over here in Spain with me last year with his wife and stepdaughter, they lived in the states for a few years before she met Niall. Texas if I remember correctly, so you would have that in common too. Definitely pop in for a pint, if you speak to Niall mention Gordon in Spain, it won't get you a free pint, in fact it might get you thrown out , but he makes everyone feel welcome, especially a fellow paddy.

Comment

Mis-spent my youth there. Word of advice, watch out for people from Holylands, they're a special breed.

Comment

Think they are sticking with an all-or-nothing model in Ireland.
                                                                                            Rugby alone isn't an option in the UK anyway as Sky don't have a specialist station for it, it'll be moved around Sky Arena and Sky Action or whatever their terrible new station names are.

Comment

Dice not far away IIRC. Few pince after work, be leral.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                Some weekend of mess.

Went out after work to a karoake bar on Friday with the work crew. Wasn't planning on staying long so packed my work laptop into the bag with me so I could get some stuff done Sat morning.

Got home at 4am after a boatload of drinks and a decent out stint in the Strippers. Realised I had no bag and had forgotten laptop when I woke up in a haze the next morning. Panic.

Bar wasn't opening until 5pm and I was going camping with the missus and mates so figured nothing I could do about it... drove out of the underground car park and side swiped some young wan. Jesus.

Off camping I go - no coverage out in the back arse of nowhere so can't call the bar... the fear is growing.

Called the bar yesterday and the asian lad who owns it was all smiles and happiness that he had a bag. Couldnt confirm it was mine. Sitting outside the bar waiting for it to open at 5pm for an hour was probably the most anxiety ridden hour of my life.

Thank fuck he had it. I've lost a work laptop previously and I honestly think Id have rather disappeared than have that convo again.
                                                                                                I was convinced you were going to say that you paid the stripper with the laptop, kinda disappointed that you didn't 😁😂

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                  I was convinced you were going to say that you paid the stripper with the laptop, kinda disappointed that you didn't 😁😂
                                                                                                  Traditonally, strippers here sit in front of you with a poster rolled up to make a funnel into their vagine. You are encouraged to toss coins into the funnel.

Laptop would do some serious damage.

Comment

You wont be needing the rest of their GAA championship coverage anyway

Dropped my 2 week old work phone down the toilet today . Boss goes to the shop and comes back with a bag of rice and puts phone in it for a few hours.

Phone was black,
                                                                                                    Rice was long grain.
                                                                                                    Can confirm it doesn't fix phone.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                      You wont be needing the rest of their GAA championship coverage anyway
                                                                                                      Still sick about it, really thought we were getting on top with 10 to go and then Flynn misses that free and the whole thing goes Trump shaped

Gotta say though Clarke was class, complete exhibition by him and their defence was solid. No excuse for the number of terribad wides from Kildare.
                                                                                                      Would have been a good experience for them to have beaten up by Tyrone in a QF.

Comment

Tired of winning yet?

Thought this piece was a good piece
                                                                                                        https://medium.com/@mikeselinker/gam...p-50a1b75645db
                                                                                                        What did you have for tea?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                                                          What did you have for tea?
                                                                                                          Forgot to eat me tea, had some Hummus a while ago.

Comment

You wouldn't forgot to eat if you spent less time being unamerican and more time taking care of yourself.

Comment

Still sick about it, really thought we were getting on top with 10 to go and then Flynn misses that free and the whole thing goes Trump shaped

Gotta say though Clarke was class, complete exhibition by him and their defence was solid. No excuse for the number of terribad wides from Kildare.
                                                                                                              Would have been a good experience for them to have beaten up by Tyrone in a QF.
                                                                                                              It's hard to see how that Kildare team wouod have beaten Kerry. Where was that confidence coming from?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                    It's hard to see how that Kildare team wouod have beaten Kerry. Where was that confidence coming from?
                                                                                                                    I thought they looked exactly what they are, young and inexperienced. Athletically they seem 2nd only to Dublin and I thought Croker would suit them vs Armagh.

Lots to like about a number of players mainly Flynn and Feely.
                                                                                                                    I do find it odd that they only have 1 player on the panel from Sarsfields and Moorefield combined, they obviously need a bit more moving forward and I can't imagine a number of the players currently starting and coming off the bench right now being part of the set up if they're to make a realistic push but there is some really good individuals and Cian O'Neill seems very competent.

Comment

I thought they looked exactly what they are, young and inexperienced. Athletically they seem 2nd only to Dublin and I thought Croker would suit them vs Armagh.

Lots to like about a number of players mainly Flynn and Feely.
                                                                                                                      I do find it odd that they only have 1 player on the panel from Sarsfields and Moorefield combined, they obviously need a bit more moving forward and I can't imagine a number of the players currently starting and coming off the bench right now being part of the set up if they're to make a realistic push but there is some really good individuals and Cian O'Neill seems very competent.
                                                                                                                      Yeah I know all that, I was hoping they would win and genuinely thought they would but SP was confident of giving Kerry a beating and Kildare just aren't there yet. The sash/moores thing is odd but management know best.

Cian O Neill is feckin class and an absolute gent. I used toserve the meals to the Kerry team when I worked in a hotel before and he was always dead sound. Another reason I want him to do well

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                        Yeah I know all that, I was hoping they would win and genuinely thought they would but SP was confident of giving Kerry a beating and Kildare just aren't there yet. The sash/moores thing is odd but management know best.

Cian O Neill is feckin class and an absolute gent. I used toserve the meals to the Kerry team when I worked in a hotel before and he was always dead sound. Another reason I want him to do well
                                                                                                                        I think Kildare have the same problem now as they have done for a few years now with the exception of Johnny Doyle of course, they simply haven't had too many guys come along who are quality forwards.
                                                                                                                        I listened to an interview before the Armagh match with Cian O'Neill, thought he came across really well and I know a few guys on the Sarsfields team and they say the same, hes quality.
                                                                                                                        Personally I wouldn't have put them in that bracket before the game, somewhere around 6th of the teams left, easy said now of course.
                                                                                                                        I've heard a few bits about the Sarsfields/Moorefield thing but the couple I've chatted to think there will be quite a few drafted in for the league next season so I'd be very surprised to see the same situation next year.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                          Scaramucci gone
                                                                                                                          His failure to do the Fandango apparently.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X