Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    Out of office for 23 days going on in about an hour, pretty sweet. Baby being induced on Sunday/Monday so won't be 3 weeks of booze and sleeping you'd have to think.
    My place just brought in 8 weeks of paid Daddy leave, to bond and such.

Starts from next Tuesday, Aug 1.

Id be pushing that child back in in that situation...
    This too shall pass.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
          Disagree with everyone. Gets progressively easier. Irrational screaming slug that sleeps 3 hours and wakes for 1 is hell. The more they can communicate the easier it gets imo.

My two entered the world via a 46 hour labour where the mrs needed two blood transfusions and an emergency section, respectively, so my feelings were less of unconditional love and more of 'thanks for nearly killing my mrs you little shit'.
          It's always both refreshing and worrying to see your experience meets my expectations rather than the glowing goodness I hear from friends with young children ¬_¬

So thanks for that... I think
          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              ah yes, that exactly. its an awful idea.
              To wait it out till the 1st, you Grinch !
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

I've always been confused with 'sucking his own cock' as a term of abuse. The one friend I knew who could do it was a seriously impressive person. His cock wasn't unusually long, he was just very flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                    I've always been confused with 'sucking his own cock' as a term of abuse. The one friend I knew who could do it was a seriously impressive person. His cock wasn't unusually long, he was just very flexible.
                    Did he swallow though ? ?
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Priebus has resigned. Too much winning already.

Comment

Ozark, Netflix show is OK.

Completely different role for Jason Bateman, really liked him in Arrested, but the films he has done have been terribad. Drama suits him.
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                          Ozark, Netflix show is OK.

Completely different role for Jason Bateman, really liked him in Arrested, but the films he has done have been terribad. Drama suits him.
                          The Gift was a very good recent film he's done imo.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

I'm with zuutroy. Definitely gets progressively easier. Have found it a breeze since I've been able to knock a bit of craic out of him. A crying baby who cant tell you what is wrong with him is a lot harder than an energetic 3 year old imo.

Anyone else picturing PSV holding his newborn in the hospital, pointing a finger at it, ranting 'and another fucking thing'

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                              great movie
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                Added to the list, after all his "comedy adventures" i avoided that, he can do pissed off pretty good !
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Love this so much.

The ORIGINAL! NO commentary in the background! NO annoying cam quality!As you know I did NOT make this. Credit goes to dascottjr. Sung by PersephoneMaewynI a...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    Was this a thing 10 years ago? I feel like I loved it before and let it go and now its come back I get to keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                      Was this a thing 10 years ago? I feel like I loved it before and let it go and now its come back I get to keep it.
                                      'Ere C Dog, why do people hate double cheeseburger in the USofA?

Has he done something I'm missing?

Seems like a straight up ledge to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                        'Ere C Dog, why do people hate double cheeseburger in the USofA?

Has he done something I'm missing?

Seems like a straight up ledge to me!
                                        Who is he m8. I like burgers alot but dont get the human references cause im deaf.

Comment

Who is he m8. I like burgers alot but dont get the human references cause im deaf.

Daniel Cormier young fella me lad

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                            Disagree with everyone. Gets progressively easier. Irrational screaming slug that sleeps 3 hours and wakes for 1 is hell. The more they can communicate the easier it gets imo.

My two entered the world via a 46 hour labour where the mrs needed two blood transfusions and an emergency section, respectively, so my feelings were less of unconditional love and more of 'thanks for nearly killing my mrs you little shit'.
                                            First three months are awful, but its only three months, and you're too tired to notice how awful it is. But thankfully society has it all planned down to a tee by giving the males the opportunity to go back to work as a form of escape.
                                            Have to laugh at you guys perception/experience of the first few months.(not necessarily the ones I quoted, just did to get back on the topic) So different from the womans side. It is so tough when they are first born, you are tied to them totally. You get told to sleep while they sleep, bullshit, you start to clean the house. You survive on a couple of hours sleep a day (if you are lucky)

If the woman breastfeeds, the men have even less to do. Change the odd bum etc. It is a truly exhausting but worth it experience. Much better after they are 1 year old and on the move. You get a few extra hours sleep and with sleep you can get through the days better!

Comment

Easiest solution is just not to have any kids imo.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                Easiest solution is just not to have any kids imo.
                                                Best life advice you'll ever read

Comment

Comment

Burn him, burn the witch !

Shin Lims second appearance on Season 4 of Foolus!For Bookings: https://www.shinlimmagic.com/book-shin-1/Learn the act : https://www.shinlimmagic.com/shop/52...
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 29-07-17, 11:15.

Comment

Letter just arrived (Saturday post here) with news of a pay increase award. There's no such thing as an increment here like in public sector, so they allocate the available pay pool of cash based on performance. With this increase it means I started this position two years ago on-paper about 25k below Dublin pay and am now about 15k above. Would have been quite a while longer to get close to that in Dublin. Quite the post-decision justification!
                                                        Am I right in thinking you were considering or angling for a move back to TCD a while back. Does this financial progress plus the wife's earnings put that on hold now?
                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Hi.

Maybe give me a bet this week on 4 division winners in England or Europe or something, and I'll put a yankee or a L15 on for us or suchlike?

Comment

Comment

Yep that's out the window. The max pay for associate prof in Trinners is about same as current pay and they don't hire full profs. So would be going back to same pay and much higher costs. Plus there's a straight route to full prof here with no messing, which would be in two years.

The main thing though is that there would be no-one serious to collaborate with in Dublin, so you'd end up hampering your career. 40-45 are the critical career years for a biz researcher, so would be mad to take a position that would cut off your legs.

*think* it'll be either an industry position next. Which would probably be Dublin or Switzerland. Or a move to a higher ranked school in the same position, possibly in somewhere like Switzerland. As then you get the leverage power of researching with even better people, although do have excellent people to work with at the moment.
                                                              Switzerland is incredibly expensive so the money would need to be very good I'd have thought. Sounds like it's all going to plan anyway so well done and keep her lit as they say!
                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Have to imagine it's good there, you can get up to 90k to 100k as a grad sw dev as far as I remember

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                  At a guess, that table top will have a shit load of little slip pockets in it, hence being black felt!

Comment

Comment

Associate prof is about €150k afaik, so its not bad as the low tax cancels out some of cost of living issues. Maybe. Might need to interrogate that a bit further before signing any contracts! Do remember someone Swiss saying its not actually that expensive to live there, just to visit. But he also said its an incredibly boring country that makes the German's look like court jesters. So there is that to consider.
                                                                      Jjbravado lived in Switzerland up till quite recently and it is very expensive. Food drink just everything you do that costs money. Whatever genius said it's not expensive I would ignore.

Comment

Probably depends where he is, Zurich is more expensive than Dublin but Dublin is in the top 10 most expensive cities in Europe anyway, he would have higher wages and less tax and plus, might not be in Zurich so it would be cheaper. A lot of the expenses are brought on yourself by choice anywhere.

Anybody I've met from there was very boring.

Comment

Comment

Anyone with Smoothstreams subscription tell me how to watch it through a web browser?

I have it set up on Kodi but my android box is acting up so want to hook the laptop up instead...

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                              Switzerland is incredibly expensive so the money would need to be very good I'd have thought. Sounds like it's all going to plan anyway so well done and keep her lit as they say!
                                                                              #uplift

Comment

Hi guys

I am not too sure if thats allowed, please delete it if not allowed.

I am working on creating a mobile card collection game and I would like too see what people think about the first set of cards.
                                                                                Could you please do the survey here:
                                                                                Create and publish online surveys in minutes, and view results graphically and in real time. SurveyMonkey provides free online questionnaire and survey software.

Thank you!!
                                                                                Buy and Sell bitcoin in Ireland with Bitireland Broker Ltd.
                                                                                www.bitireland.ie

Comment

Associate prof is about €150k afaik, so its not bad as the low tax cancels out some of cost of living issues. Maybe. Might need to interrogate that a bit further before signing any contracts! Do remember someone Swiss saying its not actually that expensive to live there, just to visit. But he also said its an incredibly boring country that makes the German's look like court jesters. So there is that to consider.
                                                                                  I was doing the comparison numbers for a guy on ~150k and when we took tax and social welfare costs plus the cost of living (similar level of house to be rented etc) it worked out as a ~40% uplift.

He was in serious demand and he negotiated the uplift on an internal transfer but personally if I was discommoding myself by moving to Switzerland I wouldn't be happy to just get enough to offset the extra costs, I'd want to be able to make more than I could by staying put.

In this guys case that would have needed to be more like a 60% uplift imo but he didn't get that much but he was happy to do it for a few years for a change of scene. ''Twas an interesting case anyway and it's very canton specific as you say. Rules like not flushing the toilet after 10pm would probably annoy me too much.
                                                                                  Last edited by V for Vendetta; 29-07-17, 18:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                    Anyone with Smoothstreams subscription tell me how to watch it through a web browser?

I have it set up on Kodi but my android box is acting up so want to hook the laptop up instead...
                                                                                    Wierd, always use the kodi app just logged onto the site through my browser and neither player (modern or retro) appears to be working.

Comment

I'm getting notifications on twitter now for random stuff I'm not involved in, have always gotten them as push notifications but now some of them are showing up like mentions. Anyone know how to turn this off?
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                        Wierd, always use the kodi app just logged onto the site through my browser and neither player (modern or retro) appears to be working.
                                                                                        Works on I.E., they're having issues with chrome
                                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

@elbows, en route to Beshoff dame street with AndyFatBastard and The_Rigger. Wanna see the potato room. Story?

Comment

Just watched this. Best film iv seen in ages!

http://youtu.be/0PvJTnnythI
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

ungava gin, looks like piss, tastes a lot better!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                @elbows, en route to Beshoff dame street with AndyFatBastard and The_Rigger. Wanna see the potato room. Story?
                                                                                                Potato room is in Clontarf.

Enjoy lads
                                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

tempted by cormier by decision can see fight going the distance and jones being a bit rusty cormier is a bit dopey around the octagon though so hard catch the eye at times even if he wins the rounds. But 6/1 betfair is not without a solid chance. Will have to throw in a few more for sake of an accumultaor so will take the 9/2 on paddy power

i dont rate Lamas so going on knight
                                                                                                  cowboy is too hit and miss if he turns up so lawler is a more solid option
                                                                                                  woodley is a beast expect a win by hook or crook

50 returns over a grand.

I expect cormier v jones to be a boring fight. I think the ufc is going to decline not grow as the 4 billion suggests. They dont have enough stars. Boxing is making a comeback with some great potential fights in next few years. UFC could be a fad that wont break mainstream like boxing. what a great deal for 4 billion. The mcgregor v mayweather fight though a nice earner for the ufc in short term may actually in long term help promote boxing more to a younger audience. people can pick and dodge fights in the ufc now and that wasnt the case a few years ago. rant over

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Enjoy lads
                                                                                                    Savage!!

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Enjoy lads

I enjoyed that.
                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                          What site? Where are these modern and/or retro players?

Comment

I was doing the comparison numbers for a guy on ~150k and when we took tax and social welfare costs plus the cost of living (similar level of house to be rented etc) it worked out as a ~40% uplift.

He was in serious demand and he negotiated the uplift on an internal transfer but personally if I was discommoding myself by moving to Switzerland I wouldn't be happy to just get enough to offset the extra costs, I'd want to be able to make more than I could by staying put.

In this guys case that would have needed to be more like a 60% uplift imo but he didn't get that much but he was happy to do it for a few years for a change of scene. ''Twas an interesting case anyway and it's very canton specific as you say. Rules like not flushing the toilet after 10pm would probably annoy me too much.
                                                                                                            Switzerland is one place I was strongly considering post masters. My thoughts outside of a larger salary than Dublin was the potential for quicker career progression and a larger role.
                                                                                                            I know a number of people with masters etc in the area of finance but appear to be working in roles in Ireland that they may have got without one.
                                                                                                            My thoughts were 2 years in Switzerland etc in the right role could be worth 5 years in Dublin given the type of role I'm likely to get out of college.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                              What site? Where are these modern and/or retro players?
                                                                                                              Which one did you register with? I think they take in numbers on an address and then move on to another one so as not to give any certain address too much coverage. https://smoothstreams.tv/ is one of them. The one I use for web login is https://starstreams.tv/

Edit - If you signed up recently it is probably this one - https://mystreams.tv/

I see they added a load of new 24/7 channels recently including racing UK. List of channels for anyone interested.

Opr
                                                                                                              Last edited by Opr; 30-07-17, 09:48.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                Switzerland is one place I was strongly considering post masters. My thoughts outside of a larger salary than Dublin was the potential for quicker career progression and a larger role.
                                                                                                                I know a number of people with masters etc in the area of finance but appear to be working in roles in Ireland that they may have got without one.
                                                                                                                My thoughts were 2 years in Switzerland etc in the right role could be worth 5 years in Dublin given the type of role I'm likely to get out of college.
                                                                                                                The opportunity set in Ireland is definitely inferior to London, Switzerland, Frankfurt etc. If I were a younger man struggling to get the right break in my 20s I'd definitely be casting the net wider than Ireland. The ambition and hunger you feel when you're in London is palpable and lots of Irish folk doing very well over there. The challenge is getting back in to the right role in Ireland at a later stage if that's your plan. Irish people used to find it easy to get a senior role with the relevant foreign experience but it's more difficult now. Brexit might help though.

If you don't have a preference about where you eventually settle and want to really move your career along it would be madness to limit yourself to Irish options given the access we have to some great financial job markets.

Comment

The opportunity set in Ireland is definitely inferior to London, Switzerland, Frankfurt etc. If I were a younger man struggling to get the right break in my 20s I'd definitely be casting the net wider than Ireland. The ambition and hunger you feel when you're in London is palpable and lots of Irish folk doing very well over there. The challenge is getting back in to the right role in Ireland at a later stage if that's your plan. Irish people used to find it easy to get a senior role with the relevant foreign experience but it's more difficult now. Brexit might help though.

If you don't have a preference about where you eventually settle and want to really move your career along it would be madness to limit yourself to Irish options given the access we have to some great financial job markets.
                                                                                                                  That pretty much sums up my thought process. In terms of long term plans, I would ideally like to settle in Ireland. I don't want to settle in Dublin or any other city really, I would prefer further down the country which obviously limits the job opportunities but I feel a few years experience abroad would be more valuable than the roles currently on offer here and commuting for a role within reason doesn't bother me whatsoever

On a side note met Switch for the first time properly last night, a few pints in I suspect. Pretty sure I'm last in chips in the Northern Open, back with 7 or 8 bbs
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 30-07-17, 10:22.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                    That pretty much sums up my thought process. In terms of long term plans, I would ideally like to settle in Ireland. I don't want to settle in Dublin or any other city really, I would prefer further down the country which obviously limits the job opportunities but I feel a few years experience abroad would be more valuable than the roles currently on offer here and commuting for a role within reason doesn't bother me whatsoever

On a side note met Switch for the first time properly last night, a few pints in I suspect. Pretty sure I'm last in chips in the Northern Open, back with 7 or 8 bbs
                                                                                                                    I'm dying up in the room
                                                                                                                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                                                      I'm dying up in the room
                                                                                                                      I give you money on the cash table at 3am, you double twice and then call 3 ships because you looked at one and it was an 8

Comment

A fuckin pigeon would be faster.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          I give you money on the cash table at 3am, you double twice and then call 3 ships because you looked at one and it was an 8
                                                                                                                          Solid strategy
                                                                                                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X