Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
    Happened to me, funds were used in a British online clothes shop, got the money back within 72 hours after contacting Revolut and the company.
    Looking at my account history I can see 10 transactions in the last few months where money was taken, and dozens where it was declined due to no funds in the account, and not once did revolution notify me of any of this. Filed loads of charge backs now but their support is useless, doesn't really understand anything.

Like I blocked my card and told them so they removed it from ym account, now they said I removed it from my account months ago thats why there are all these declined transactions in cuba on my account

Comment

Unemployment statics in UK so low it's in danger of exposing the lies used to create the numbers

Opr

Comment

Just checked my revolut account, doesn't seem to be anything suspicious. I only keep a couple of quid in it and top up when I want to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
          9/13
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            Just checked my revolut account, doesn't seem to be anything suspicious. I only keep a couple of quid in it and top up when I want to use it.
            Yeah I'm guessing it was cloned in the US or something from an ATM or details stolen during a restaurant payment. They still take your card off to pay over there which is retarded.

Luckily I rarely leave money in there so the 10 times money was stolen only added up to $300. Tonnes of failed transactions though, so revolut really droped teh ball there. Oh somebody is trying to take out "$200 every day in Cuba on this Irish card and it keeps failing, this is fine"

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Yes that all sounds above board all right!

I checked and I have 41 failed transactions half way around the world and not a peep from revolut. 10 were successful, so 51 transactions. I see you can turn on location based security in the app now, apparently it's off by default.

Weird thing is for my own transactions I was getting notifications from the app, for all the fraudulent ones there was no notification.

Comment

Probably happened on some vegan website that you visit Tar.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    Probably happened on some vegan website that you visit Tar.
                    Agreed, can't trust those pesky Vegans.

Comment

But they said giving them my pin was good karma! Damn faux leather bondage gear.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                          Anyone investing in Revolut via crowdfunding?
                          Haven't looked at it at all. But thought to myself that it strikes me as the quintessential overpriced crowdfunding/IPO situation. Cool, new service that people really like, and are likely to want to put money into, also probably lots of people that haven't used it and don't really know what it is but they missed the boat on bitcoin and are clutching at any straws going. Sure enough, open my email to someone I know who has never considered funding anything ever, recommending that myself and a friend invest.

I know very little about them, but are they not reliant on mastercard for most of the functionality? Strikes me that they're at the mercy of banks and payment processors. And their business model revolves around not charging the fees their competitors do? Seems best to stay a consumer. *

*doing a hitch, haven't read even the basic prospectus.
                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 24-07-17, 17:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            Had a look at the Paddy Power gambling history this evening. Something you only do if you think you're ahead. They only allow you to look back to the beginning of the previous calendar year, so was able to get data starting in Jan 2016. Total amount bet since then is astonishingly minor compared to earlier years at €1,250, and total returns are €2,100. If you'd asked me to guess beforehand I would have easily said the account was up a few grand. I guess the wins are remembered in isolation and you forget about the deposits. Also my selective memory only brought me back as far as the glorious Grand National and ignored the hundreds spunked on stupid football accumulators last year. Of most note was that €600 of the amount lost was made up by just Marco Rubio for prez and Simon Coveney for PM bets.
                            It really is an eye opener. I checked the lifetime returns on a B365 account that I was sure was running at decent profit. I had placed bets of approx. €50k and was up around €300. Another account I thought was a small loser turned out to not be so small. Don't think I've placed a bet since.

Comment

Comment

Had a look at the Paddy Power gambling history this evening. Something you only do if you think you're ahead. They only allow you to look back to the beginning of the previous calendar year, so was able to get data starting in Jan 2016. Total amount bet since then is astonishingly minor compared to earlier years at €1,250, and total returns are €2,100. If you'd asked me to guess beforehand I would have easily said the account was up a few grand. I guess the wins are remembered in isolation and you forget about the deposits. Also my selective memory only brought me back as far as the glorious Grand National and ignored the hundreds spunked on stupid football accumulators last year. Of most note was that €600 of the amount lost was made up by just Marco Rubio for prez and Simon Coveney for PM bets.
                                Does it give you a total or did you have to tally it yourself?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                    Yeah I'm guessing it was cloned in the US or something from an ATM or details stolen during a restaurant payment. They still take your card off to pay over there which is retarded.

Luckily I rarely leave money in there so the 10 times money was stolen only added up to $300. Tonnes of failed transactions though, so revolut really droped teh ball there. Oh somebody is trying to take out "$200 every day in Cuba on this Irish card and it keeps failing, this is fine"
                                    Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    Seems best to stay a consumer.
                                    They don't have a basic fraud trap system so they should GTFO and anyone who has one should cut it up today.
                                    I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if the data was being stolen from in house if security is that low a priority for them.
                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 24-07-17, 18:52.
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Trinity -40

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        They don't have a basic fraud trap system so they should GTFO and anyone who has one should cut it up today.
                                        I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if the data was being stolen from in house if security is that low a priority for them.
                                        Thought it was strange alright how much fraud was attempted on my card without any alerts. They got me eventually for a few hundred when I was away and had money on the card but it was all refunded. The cash went on an Indian gambling site while I was in Brazil, mad that it was even considered as a genuine payment. They just generating numbers rather than building an actual business?
                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 24-07-17, 19:28.

Comment

Thought it was strange alright how much fraud was attempted on my card without any alerts. They got me eventually for a few hundred when I was away and had money on the card but it was all refunded. The cash went on an Indian gambling site while I was in Brazil, mad that it was even considered as a genuine payment. They just generating numbers rather than building an actual business?
                                          Yeah, IT budget is a fraction of marketing budget. Strategy is to build a brand with a strong user base and flog it.

Comment

Comment

They have some thing where your phone location is now used to stop transactions elsewhere, and you can disable all atm withdrawals in the app, seems like a cheapo way of trying to stop loads of people being scammed as they have no real monitoring.

Seems odd that both Denny and I got no notifications for the fraud transactions? I get my normal notifications for my own transactions fine but none for the 51 fraudulent ones.

Comment

Got
                                                SPOILER
                                                that was better,loved the way that last scene was shot

Comment

Comment

Seems odd that both Denny and I got no notifications for the fraud transactions? I get my normal notifications for my own transactions fine but none for the 51 fraudulent ones.
                                                    That is interesting. Would be worth digging into that. Someone must have been able to control notifications and that shouldn't be possible without account log in.

Comment

They have some thing where your phone location is now used to stop transactions elsewhere, and you can disable all atm withdrawals in the app, seems like a cheapo way of trying to stop loads of people being scammed as they have no real monitoring.

I had the phone location on.

Comment

Shit gets more unmakeupabble by the hour

Comment

Looks like Trump just got "Obamacare Wreaked Havoc On America" into the headlines for the next 24hrs.

Comment

Is he trying to get Sessions to resign

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

That is interesting. Would be worth digging into that. Someone must have been able to control notifications and that shouldn't be possible without account log in.
                                                              Yeah I was wondering about that, they would need that but then surely if they had that they could just top up from my bank and take money etc, would have all the power there, very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahenyrhythm View Post
                                                                IPB'ers with tech knowledge, maybe someone could enlighten me re the following:

I have inherited (from deceased close relative) a brand-new, in the box, purchased last December as a present, HP All-in-one PC 22-b020na white in colour! I opened the box and the yoke looks the biz! I already have an ipad4 and a HP tablet which between them cater for my leisure and work computing needs (I work part-time from home). Very basic research suggests this thing probably cost between €450 to €600 but I couldn't swear to it.

Would this have resale value close to original price? Anyone used/using one of these?
                                                                Thanks for any views ...
                                                                I'll give ya 350 for it
                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Kenneth Branagh got to hear the reactions of WWII veterans who lived the story that inspired 'Dunkirk.'Subscribe To "The Late Show" Channel HERE: http://bit....

Comment

Everybody should say the following to Siri, 'I see a little silhouetto of a man'

Comment

Yeah I was wondering about that, they would need that but then surely if they had that they could just top up from my bank and take money etc, would have all the power there, very strange.
                                                                      They'd need your cvv to top up surely?

Comment

They'd need your cvv to top up surely?
                                                                        Nah, your card is saved on the app. Top up is instant.

Comment

I've never had any scam attempts on revolut and I use it plenty - must be running good.

Comment

Same, have put a decent volume of transactions through it as well. That Cvv being saved does concern me though.
                                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                              I've never had any scam attempts on revolut and I use it plenty - must be running good.
                                                                              +1 I use the card every day. Often have large volumes of cash on it too. Although having read the above will keep the cash very low.

Comment

Nah, your card is saved on the app. Top up is instant.
                                                                                My card is saved, but I still need to input my cvv number every time I want to top up. I must have chosen not to save it perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                  Same, have put a decent volume of transactions through it as well. That Cvv being saved does concern me though.
                                                                                  Unless I got a convincing explanation, today, as to how fraudulent transactions were done without notifications being sent I'd be deleting that link to real money. Pronto.

Comment

Yeah just deleted the card cheers, appetite for risk is close to zero about this. Need a kick in the hole now I think about the actual account that was linked to that, could have put my smoke out if they got access to that particular one.
                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

On the PTSB fee thing, if you got the same letter as me despite them trying to obfuscate if you continue to deposit 1500p/m the fees are still waived.

See here for more discussion:

In order to avoid the fees, the total for all lodgements to the account must be greater than or equal to 1500 in each calendar month.

Comment

In a similar vein, does anyone have experience of using N26 or bunq?

Comment

...

Comment

Trump is the greatest exponent of whataboutery that has been seen for many years year.

Comment

Currently with AIB, what bank should i switch too to apply for a mortgage?

Will most likely set up a joint account and direct debit from our personal accounts for a year or so. Should we change our personal accounts too?

Comment

Also goes without saying but the week in Port Douglas and the 2 weeks in Bali were sensational and couldn't of went better.

The fear/depression is real right now.

Comment

Currently with AIB, what bank should i switch too to apply for a mortgage?

Will most likely set up a joint account and direct debit from our personal accounts for a year or so. Should we change our personal accounts too?
                                                                                                  It doesn't matter. Nothing for being a loyal existing customer these days.
                                                                                                  Last edited by V for Vendetta; 25-07-17, 11:43.
                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Trump is the greatest exponent of whataboutery that has been seen for many years year.
                                                                                                    If he was just a businessman trying to hide the fact he owes multiple billions to the Russians it would be funny.

Comment

Oh that N26 looks handy. Might open one and use that for most internet transactions and when in dodgy countries.
                                                                                                      Seems good as it's German based, surely the way things will go over traditional banks in the future. Mobile banking.

Why does it say tehre is just theft protection on their special black card, would think that kinda thing is standard.

Comment

Oh that N26 looks handy. Might open one and use that for most internet transactions and when in dodgy countries.
                                                                                                        Have had an N26 account for the last 6 months. Great for what it is, charges if you withdraw more then 5 times a month from an ATM. Transfers are quick and account takes about 10 mins to set up!

PM me for a referral link, cheers!

Comment

...

Comment

Also goes without saying but the week in Port Douglas a
                                                                                                            Lived in a tent in Port Douglas for about 5 months back in 2001. Wonderful place altogether.

Comment

Seems good as it's German based, surely the way things will go over traditional banks in the future. Mobile banking.

Why does it say tehre is just theft protection on their special black card, would think that kinda thing is standard.
                                                                                                              #blackcardsmatter

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                Just checked and this looks likely for enforcement from April 2018.
                                                                                                                Effective since the outset of the account, or only since the date of enforcement?

Comment

...

Comment

Know they have put a lot of effort into controlling problem gambling over there. But never heard a peep out of Irish politicians on the same.
                                                                                                                    Maybe because we are in a better position than the UK, having never allowed FOBTs in betting shops or slot machines in pubs/chippers?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                      Port Douglas, bliss
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                      Lived in a tent in Port Douglas for about 5 months back in 2001. Wonderful place altogether.
                                                                                                                      Been lucky to see a lot of beautiful beaches in my day but this one wins easy.

SPOILER

The venue for the wedding was amazing, Port Douglas Sugar Wharf.

(not the wedding I was at but you get the idea)

SPOILER

Comment

...

Comment

Whats the story with taking a car on Larne to Scotland ferries?
                                                                                                                          I was expecting €100 ish each way but website is quoting closer to 200 ew for next week now!
                                                                                                                          Do you have to pre book or can you just do it on the day and how much more expensive is that?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X