Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    That can't be right?
    hmmmm, apparently it is.

Given the way the game is now refereed, I suspect that tells us a lot about the 'aura' of the ABs and their ability to project that onto the ref.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
      his power will vanish as soon as the jaw gets a reasonable tap on it.
      Mayweather is not beating him because he hits harder.

Comment

hmmmm, apparently it is.

Given the way the game is now refereed, I suspect that tells us a lot about the 'aura' of the ABs and their ability to project that onto the ref.
        They should have had a red card against Ireland in the 2nd test in November (as was subsequently shown by the player receiving a suspension). I thought it was gas that the Lions players were looking in disbelief at Jaco on the sideline today when he saw nothing wrong with the SBW shoulder charge. Having Garces in the middle today and him making ballsy calls was huge. Yes he didn't let the game flow very much but he made consistent and fair calls I thought and the weather hurt the flow as much as anything.

He also put the reserve AB scrumhalf in his box very well!
        Last edited by V for Vendetta; 01-07-17, 11:14.
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
          Mayweather is not beating him because he hits harder.
          of course he is. He hits on target and harder. He'll simply set him up and jar his jaw a few times whilst toying with him . I seem to remember McGregor losing his legs after a firm strike to the jaw. This contest will be decided before it starts . im suprised you dont get how a boxer can hit harder .

Comment

Wouldn't get too excited about that result lads,NZ will have 15 men again next week and coast to victory. Sky "this is tell your grandkids stuff" .lol

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
              Noted.

Just pulled the trigger, 8gb RAM & 128GB memory guy on boards had a code up for €20 off and said it works multiple times. They're definitely moving away from budget phone territory
              Daytob is some shill
              Heartbroken you didn't use my shill link
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                Wouldn't get too excited about that result lads,NZ will have 15 men again next week and coast to victory. Sky "this is tell your grandkids stuff" .lol
                Sky are a hype machine. Getting a live third test versus a dead rubber is all they care about really. A week of super hype ahead!
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

of course he is. He hits on target and harder. He'll simply set him up and jar his jaw a few times whilst toying with him . I seem to remember McGregor losing his legs after a firm strike to the jaw. This contest will be decided before it starts . im suprised you dont get how a boxer can hit harder .
                  I'm surprised that you think "hitting harder" is the reason a professional boxer beats an mma fighter in a match boxing.
                  I never said that boxer doesn't hit harder. I'm saying whether Mayweather hits harder or not is irrelevant here.
                  Last edited by Mellor; 01-07-17, 11:46.

Comment

I'd be extremely surprised if McGregor gets knocked out.
                    I'm not saying it's impossible but really unlikely. Who is the last person Mayweather laid out?
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I'm surprised that you think "hitting harder" is the reason a professional boxer beats an mma fighter in a match boxing.
                      I never said that boxer doesn't hit harder. I'm saying whether Mayweather hits harder or not is irrelevant here.
                      Realistically he is going to be humiliated though,right? Do you think McGregor and team honestly believe he has a shot or are they just in for the payday.
                      Is it not way too late for him to be hiring Malignaggi etc.sureky just to avoid embarrassment he should have been working with high level boxers for quite some time
                      Then again I'm going to be shelling out in spite of knowing the obvious answers to all of the above

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

If McGregor can win a round he will take that as a victory.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            I'd be extremely surprised if McGregor gets knocked out.
                            I'm not saying it's impossible but really unlikely. Who is the last person Mayweather laid out?
                            Ricky Hatton in 2007

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                            Realistically he is going to be humiliated though,right? Do you think McGregor and team honestly believe he has a shot or are they just in for the payday.
                            Is it not way too late for him to be hiring Malignaggi etc.sureky just to avoid embarrassment he should have been working with high level boxers for quite some time
                            Then again I'm going to be shelling out in spite of knowing the obvious answers to all of the above
                            I could well believe that McGregor believes that he has a shot. People have said he wasn't good enough for [insert new challange] his whole career but he's never lacked self-belief.

Jumping to boxing only last December would have been his best option. But either way, he'd still need to be doing a training camp for the 8-10 weeks prior to the fight.

Comment

Ricky Hatton in 2007
                              Exactly.
                              If it's not a whitewash McGregor looks good imo.
                              And I don't think it'll be a whitewash

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                What I don't get about this:

Email+Text1: "There has been a login from your account in Russia. Was that you? let us know!"

Email+Text2 (a minute later): "You've changed your email and phone number. Was that you? Let us know!"

Surely if there's a login from a dubious country which is immediately followed by changing email and phone number then uber's first step should be to go: there's clearly too many strange things happening here in succession so we've temporarily suspended your account until we work it out. Instead they just send these warning emails presumably allowing the credit card to remain active on the account.

I cancelled the card straightaway, but I'm more surprised by how they responded. As if sending warnings is enough rather than them taking action on the account.
                                Change all your Google related passwords imo

Comment

Change all your Google related passwords imo
                                  Google related Wouldn't that be just the one password then?
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Exactly.
                                    If it's not a whitewash McGregor looks good imo.
                                    And I don't think it'll be a whitewash
                                    Mayweather will win every round. Whitewash. There'll be a roar every time mcgregor lands a punch. There won't be many roars.

Comment

Round 1 knockout. Anything else is lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                        Last sending off offence for an All Black @ ~ 2:10

Wasn't any cards back then so Sonny Bill is first AB to have been shown a red card.
                                        Good to see the Mr Chumley Warner style Haka has been improved on since.

Comment

I can't believe this is actually happening... Lol.Going down August 26th.https://www.instagram.com/mikaellkristian/Contact:https://www.facebook.com/MikeFight...

So in for this. McGregor has already won like, no pressure on him in the ring. If he's decently better than expected it could be a factor, though it's a huge outside shot.
                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

His powers really are strong when a shockingly sizable amount of people actually believe it could be a credible match up.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Here's hoping Mayweather props him up for 10 rounds, making it a prolonged humiliation. Ideally with large doses of showboating and stopping to chat with pretty ladies in the front row. Maybe even posing for selfies.

Comment

I'd fucking love if McGregor beat Mayweather.

Comment

Comment

Totally random. Bought this petrol hedge trimmer. Didn't even realise it was 4 stroke until after purchase. Works fine. Those
                                                    Chinese lads are really underpricing themselves. http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...7C14418844.htm
                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                      His powers really are strong when a shockingly sizable amount of people actually believe it could be a credible match up.
                                                      i just don't understand why people want to see this, let alone pay for it. Sad state of the world if this is top billing entertainment, and says even more of what a disaster the world of boxing has become.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                        i just don't understand why people want to see this, let alone pay for it.
                                                        I vaguely remember thinking I understood why people did stuff. Meanwhile I have a Christmas pudding steaming, and am worried I'll forget it's on. Also thinking of celebrating the centenary of the Bolshevik revolution by rereading Trotsky's version https://www.amazon.co.uk/History-Rus...ian+revolution

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                          I vaguely remember thinking I understood why people did stuff. Meanwhile I have a Christmas pudding steaming, and am worried I'll forget it's on. Also thinking of celebrating the centenary of the Bolshevik revolution by rereading Trotsky's version https://www.amazon.co.uk/History-Rus...ian+revolution
                                                          you like Xmas pudding, and the russian revolution has a special significance to you.

this might as well be sponsored by the wwe entertainment network. hope they bring chairs in after round 5 because if it gets further than that, it's going to be boring as fuck

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                            Some day, you're going to tell us the full story on all the Comintern stuff...start typing.

Comment

Some day, you're going to tell us the full story on all the Comintern stuff...start typing.
                                                              I do regret that one time arriving back to Shannon from Habana, and was given a boarding pass on to Moscow. They even did the loudspeaker announcement thingy, can Mr Couriercollie board the plane for Moscow leaving now, several times.

Comment

Here's hoping Mayweather props him up for 10 rounds, making it a prolonged humiliation. Ideally with large doses of showboating and stopping to chat with pretty ladies in the front row. Maybe even posing for selfies.
                                                                I know you're not a CMcG fan but are you shouting for the woman beater over him, or just the 'dignity' of boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                  I'd fucking love if McGregor beat Mayweather.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                      Whats the industry opinion of Frankel's stud career so far?

Comment

There's certainly no flies on Mrs Lao Lao

Last night, I was out with my old work crew. Few pints in The Long Hall, Bow Lane for dinner, a good few drinks in there after, Hogans for last orders and then around to the Liquer Rooms until closing, arriving home at about 5:30am.

Tonight is her big girlies night out that they do every two months.

This morning I was woken around 12:30 to be told brunch would be ready in about 10 minutes. Homemade Turkish eggs, absolutely delish.

Over brunch, the conversation goes like this

Her : Oh, friend 1 and friend 2 are going to call by here before we meet up with all the others
                                                                        Me : Yeah, cool
                                                                        Her : I should probably do dinner
                                                                        Me : Are you not going out for dinner?
                                                                        Her : No, just drinks, what should I cook?
                                                                        Me : Meh
                                                                        Her : What would you cook?
                                                                        Me : Meh
                                                                        Her : You should totally cook, you're a better cook than me, would you cook for us, please, do you like your brunch?
                                                                        Me : Eh....eh...O...K...

Cue her heading off into town to pick up a present for her Dad's birthday and get her nails done while I go to the shops, buy all the food and cook dinner for the four of us.

They're off out as I clean up. Only consolation is that they all drank gin during the meal so I still have half a bottle of Chateau Musar 2004 to get me through it the clean up.

Defo no flies on her....

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 01-07-17, 20:35.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                            Heading over there Wednesday morning for a week with the family, better pack the F50 !
                                                                            Where about's are you staying? and def download the entertainer app. Going to the waterpark just once pays for it and the waterpark is great. Loads of places to eat on it too and you get 3 vouchers for an adult meal free when you buy one.

There are also vouchers for other things like attraction admissions.

Well worth it. The app pic is a smiley face.

Comment

Was in tullamore for the game today. My God offaly hurling is gone down the shitter altogether. Shame to see.

Comment

While I think Conor has absolutely no shot against Floyd there is no way he is as bad as those training videos that are getting released. You have to think they are part of some dumb strategy by his camp to play down his ability.

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

Thought all those Norwegian Airlines newspaper prices for Cork-Boston were PR nonsense, so picked a few flights in a few months time just to see. All the return prices for this admittedly small sample all under €250. wow. And you get to fly on a spectacular plane too rather than the gittery rustbuckets the american airlines put on the Irish routes. No wonder the american unions were so scared of them. Thats a big gamechanger right there.
                                                                                    There isn't a plane on earth where an economy seat for more than 4 hours isn't a living hell.

Comment

Thought all those Norwegian Airlines newspaper prices for Cork-Boston were PR nonsense, so picked a few flights in a few months time just to see. All the return prices for this admittedly small sample all under €250. wow. And you get to fly on a spectacular plane too rather than the gittery rustbuckets the american airlines put on the Irish routes. No wonder the american unions were so scared of them. Thats a big gamechanger right there.
                                                                                      If its like the Icelandic budget airline (wizzair?) then its costs a fortune for a bag in the hold which you'd really need for a USA trip, and even carryon bag limit is about 50% of the Ryanair size.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                        There isn't a plane on earth where an economy seat for more than 4 hours isn't a living hell.
                                                                                        We dont all have legs your length though!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                          We dont all have legs your length though!
                                                                                          4 Ryanair flights, 3 delayed while already boarded, all middle seats this week.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                            Where about's are you staying? and def download the entertainer app. Going to the waterpark just once pays for it and the waterpark is great. Loads of places to eat on it too and you get 3 vouchers for an adult meal free when you buy one.

There are also vouchers for other things like attraction admissions.

Well worth it. The app pic is a smiley face.
                                                                                            St. Pauls Bay. I have only ever been to one waterpark ever, not a fan, well she was never a fan...maybe with the boy.

We plan on visiting Valetta for a day and us boys doing a half day kayak around the bay, other than that its eat, drink, sun.

Ill check out that app !
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                              If its like the Icelandic budget airline (wizzair?) then its costs a fortune for a bag in the hold which you'd really need for a USA trip, and even carryon bag limit is about 50% of the Ryanair size.
                                                                                              Wow.

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                              4 Ryanair flights, 3 delayed while already boarded, all middle seats this week.
                                                                                              Pay the €4 for an aisle or window you tight bollix.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Thanks to those who advised and reassured me about parking in Dublin. Took daughter down to Finn Balor's wrestling school ( she be crazy about wrestling) and loved it as much as I loved the on street parking but not the drive through the city switching lanes and endearing a nordie plated car to the Dubs!
                                                                                                    Now having to explain to a 14 yr old girl that it isnt practical to drive 3 times a week from Fermanagh to Dublin for training.
                                                                                                    being assigned the role now of sigh........

Comment

You are of course, as always, correct AJ. Hand luggage is 10kg, plus you can bring on a laptop case. Seems that includes free wifi too.

Its usually €60 extra each way to store a 20kg bag. That also gets you the ability to pick your seat too aswell though.

I think I'd make do with the 10kg tbh given the price difference. Especially as the laptop counts separate.
                                                                                                      I think I'd have more of a problem with the size of it than the weight, if it is indeed half the size of normal carry on

Comment

Global warming story. Went to local fish restaurant this evening and perused the specials board. Sea bream, brill - standard. Marlin - wtf? Asked the waitron was it frozen and he looked offended, nope freshly caught today.

Bejaysus

Comment

...

Comment

Got quite annoyed with the supposedly superb Etihad on the recent leg back from Hong Kong to Abu Dhabi. Got on, went to my seat, closed eyes and started nodding off. 10 minutes later heard stewardess say to please put seats in the non-reclining position - Ignored it because nothing to do with me as I've never ever put the seat back. Few minutes later a more strident repeat of the same from her which I assumed was directed at the person on my inside. 2 minutes later a tap on the shoulder and a rather harsh 'Sir I've repeatedly told you to move your seat forward'.

Embarrassment as I realise it was me all along she'd been talking to but I'd taken umbrage at her tone and pedantically pointed out that I hadn't touched the seat so clearly they hadn't put it in the correct position to start with during turnaround. And then when I tried to move it forward realised I didn't actually know where the button/lever was and started flailing around on the handrests as she threatened to get other staff involved.

All a bit of an annoyance and had me stewing through the 8 hour flight.

Comment

Just got off a Qatar A350 flight from Singapore. Perfectly happy with economy seating for 7 hour trip, have oneworld card tho that let's me choose seat early,also if I book 2 in same row it keeps the 3rd free unless flight is completely full.
                                                                                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Norwegian doesn't seem too bad at all then, with the Icelandic lot the max length dimension is 42cm which pretty much excludes all the carry on bags that we'd consider normal. And they are particularly strict about it (anecdotally from a sample of 2 people)

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                  Norwegian doesn't seem too bad at all then, with the Icelandic lot the max length dimension is 42cm which pretty much excludes all the carry on bags that we'd consider normal. And they are particularly strict about it (anecdotally from a sample of 2 people)
                                                                                                                  They weigh the hand luggage. Go to Iceland when you can, one of the nicest places i have been, winter its just white and brown, but what nature does with just those 2 colours is amazeballs.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

Global warming story. Went to local fish restaurant this evening and perused the specials board. Sea bream, brill - standard. Marlin - wtf? Asked the waitron was it frozen and he looked offended, nope freshly caught today.

Bejaysus
                                                                                                                      Have ate Marlin while fishing in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico quite a few years ago when it was a few fishing boats and not the uber rich location it is now and even then there were people looking to curtail the eating and keeping Marlin a sport fish as its worth more swimming in water rather than a sauce. It was bloody nice and I have a recipe book bought at time for variations to serve it but cant believe its served now!
                                                                                                                      It was horrible to see such a majestic creature hanging at pier.

Comment

Doing a bit on visualisation of data as part of a course this evening. Sent me down the rabbit hole of fonts, as one of the things was 'and please for the love of god, don't use calibri'.

I'd been assuming that calibri was god, but that was only compared to pre-neanderthal's who use Times New Roman or, gasp, Arial. For shame.

Anyway, after much searching and consulting the best minds of random blogs, I feel confident I can knock one thing off your own to-do lists and announce the uber-font is indeed:

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Garamond.

It is a truely beautiful font. Incomparably better than calibri. Just as a note, it definitely works best in size 12, whereas you might be used to the calibri 11-aroo.
                                                                                                                        Just testing this font because some asshole said it was better than Calibri 11

Just to note: no it’s not.

Hmm, another note, it all defaults to some unidentified font on IPB anyway so it all looks the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                          Is McGregor in slow motion?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X