Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely penalty taking style is a legitimate and important variable. In a one off situation I would rather my most accurate takers go in the moderate pressure condition and that the most pressurised position be someone who shoots hard and high down the middle.

Some interesting non-scientific articles with data:

Data shows more spot-kicks being hit down the centre but goalkeepers resist standing still

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
      Surely penalty taking style is a legitimate and important variable. In a one off situation I would rather my most accurate takers go in the moderate pressure condition and that the most pressurised position be someone who shoots hard and high down the middle.

Some interesting non-scientific articles with data:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/317996
      Im not sure there is any excuse for a professional footballer not just being able to score at least 90%. I mean they have f all else to do only practice. 40% of the huge goal just cant be saved by any keeper when hit with a bit of pace.

And as for not being able to hit a corner to the correct spot as well , i mean for feck sake .

If they all just practiced them enough the pressure would be vastly reduced when needed then. 10,000 hours and all that.

Rant over soccer is a silly game.
      sigpic
      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

By the way if anyone would like there eyes opened . I just read Mathew Sayed's book Black Box Thinking and it would open your eyes, particularity to the health profession.

Good read for those who dont like fiction, or like Malcom Gladewell etc.
        sigpic
        Longshotvalue.com

Comment

...No matter what theory people reckon is best for penalty taking...They were 3-0 down with 3 penalties left...Surely he has to take the pk instead of nani if he is best taker...was shocked nani walked up and Ronaldo watched his country exit...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
            ...No matter what theory people reckon is best for penalty taking...They were 3-0 down with 3 penalties left...Surely he has to take the pk instead of nani if he is best taker...was shocked nani walked up and Ronaldo watched his country exit...
            You pick your order of takers before the start of the shootout

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post
              By the way if anyone would like there eyes opened . I just read Mathew Sayed's book Black Box Thinking and it would open your eyes, particularity to the health profession.

Good read for those who dont like fiction, or like Malcom Gladewell etc.

Sound interesting, Want to do a bookswap? I dont like reading my kindle or computer versions

etc... Can post first, id normally just buy them, but starting to build up books and I dont like throwing away books either

Comment

Product that I have all been breaking my balls on for the last 9 months went live with a big bang today. Big Data, new paradigm blah blah (probably not that exciting on a purely technical level but industry-leading in our space).

Celebrated by going to Funtasia waterpark with the kids. And plotting.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                  http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/c...-35870535.html

What an unseemly charade from sending 8 Gardai to arrest Paul Murphy at dawn to pushing for the most serious charges available. Thankfully the efforts to quell political dissent and discourage peaceful protest have failed. That the Gardai statements were contradicted by their own video footage will unfortunately not be followed up on of course.

That Joan Burton and the Labour Party were consigned to political irrelevancy in the interim is a cherry on top of the whole thing.
                  Do you really think the whole trial was politically motivated?

Comment

El Tren runs in the 8.50 at Tipperary.

Comment

Gotta say wp to Jermaine Defoe's agent bagging the almost 35 year old a 3 year deal with Bournemouth on 60k a week!

Comment

Anyone know anywhere that sells beetroot juice?

Edit: just spotted Supervalu do it. Little on the punchy side though at €5.30 per litre. May have another go at blending it.
                        Last edited by Lazare; 29-06-17, 18:28.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          El Tren slashed to 5's from 16's on Boyle now.
                          Trainer Johnny Levins sent out winner of 6:10
                          which was backed at fancy prices down to 16.

Comment

Yowzer

Last edited by Guest; 29-06-17, 18:32.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                              Yowzer

What a world.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

SPOILER

Comment

No luck then?

Comment

FFS

At a wedding today, sharing a table with all the Fahey's and el tren does us for the treble... Doubles and ew trebles all-round.
                                          Some craic when Ja's horse won... Ronan will get some reception when he calls in later.
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                            No luck then?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

it'll pay for a few bottles of vino in France anyway

SPOILER

then I got greedy

SPOILER

Comment

Gotta love how gambling fecks with your head.
                                                Place a bet ..... Lose ..... Wow I'm an idiot.
                                                Could've kept that money for something sensible.
                                                Place a get ..... Win ..... Wow I'm an idiot.
                                                Why didn't I have more on.

WP No idea what I'll send the loots on,
                                                but it definitely WON'T be something sensible.

Damn you RD, Why didn't I have more on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                  Anyone know anywhere that sells beetroot juice?

Edit: just spotted Supervalu do it. Little on the punchy side though at €5.30 per litre. May have another go at blending it.
                                                  Tesco its fucking rank

Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    wait that seems like an accusation of gullibility
                                                    Hoping Hitch is on a proper old fashioned bender, and not just mia, or bored.
                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Thursday night, despite having to work Friday, really is the nut night for a few drinks

Polished off a bottle of this over dinner, great value for under €30, velvety smooth

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                        Thursday night, despite having to work Friday, really is the nut night for a few drinks

Polished off a bottle of this over dinner, great value for under €30, velvety smooth

SPOILER
                                                        currently dug into second bottle of aldi shite , also velvety smooth for 5.79

I am no longer getting bogged down by expensive wine, some fucking lovely wines out there for less than a tenner
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                          ....I am no longer getting bogged down by expensive wine......

When the fuck were you ever bogged down by expensive wines?

Comment

....I am no longer getting bogged down by expensive wine......

Comment

terrifying

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post

your vino pretty amazing that you posted twice
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                  Speaking of taking penalties, read this the other day from Anderson:
                                                                  http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7810771.html
                                                                  Closing your eyes seems ill advised. Plonker.

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                  You pick your order of takers before the start of the shootout
                                                                  They should change it so you can decide on the fly, sure why not.
                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                    terrifying

Closed fist of truth? What's that meant to mean?

I do kinda agree with the start of the ad though, there's a large section of the US that has been pushing the narrative that Trump is Hitler, that it's correct to oppose him with force, and even creating the suggestion that killing Trump is acceptable. Even noted peace activist SP who loathes any kind of terrorist violence has posted a few times that Trump should be assassinated.
                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 30-06-17, 00:48.

Comment

your vino pretty amazing that you posted twice
                                                                      Its a Lidl Gavi - €6.49

Comment

7 hours into server repair and the plug is pulled...grrrrr
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

18 day weekend baby.
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                              18 day weekend baby.
                                                                              A mere 10 day weekend for me before I start my new job monday week. Now for my last day of handover meetings and drinking tea all the while hoping that I get told I can knock off early.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                Closed fist of truth? What's that meant to mean?
                                                                                .
                                                                                Nobbling a jury with Twitter threats perhaps

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                  26 day weekend, Australia and Bali bound, couldn't be happier.
                                                                                  18 day weekend baby.
                                                                                  Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                  A mere 10 day weekend for me before I start my new job monday week.
                                                                                  2 day weekend for me yiz cunts!

Comment

A mere 10 day weekend for me before I start my new job monday week. Now for my last day of handover meetings and drinking tea all the while hoping that I get told I can knock off early.
                                                                                    You leaving us m8?
                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Couldn't wait to get away from Andy?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                        You leaving us m8?
                                                                                        I am indeed, back to agency work - I miss having money

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                            26 day weekend, Australia and Bali bound, couldn't be happier.
                                                                                            18 day weekend baby.
                                                                                            Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                            2 day weekend for me yiz cunts!

... never mind

In an unrelated karma incident missed the El Tren tip last night so no free money to rub on titties for me
                                                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Anyone get a decent price for Car Insurance lately. Chill coming up with €731 best they can get

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                Anyone get a decent price for Car Insurance lately. Chill coming up with €731 best they can get
                                                                                                123 are good if you have home insurance with them. Otherwise cornmarket

Comment

Saw a classic on fb yesterday.

Nigerian man dies with 46 billion in his garage. Said he tried to give it away but no one answered his emails

Comment

7 degrees with windchill on the beach.

Comment

Heatwave here, last day in work, got paid out nearly a month in unused annual leave. Not majorly rushed to find a new job tbh.

Comment

I am indeed, back to agency work - I miss having money
                                                                                                        Best of luck. Odd that you didn't get any commission out of us. Would of thought that was standard for your role. Let me know about your next DBA positions.
                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

... and they made fun of my tinfoil hat.

"Passwords can be stolen through our brainwaves, new study claims"

When it comes to cybersecurity, not even your brainwaves are safe, according to a new study that analysed the latest EEG headsets.
                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

...
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...
                                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

€1,500 for three-days two-nights in DisneylandParis without even a morsel of food thrown in. The prices are outrageous.
                                                                                                                We've just flat-out refused to ever bring the kids there. They've given up asking!

Comment

€1,500 for three-days two-nights in DisneylandParis without even a morsel of food thrown in. The prices are outrageous.
                                                                                                                  Stay local in the Aran islands for a week house for 350 caught a couple of fish dinners. Can't justify paying 15 euro for pollock when the sea is full of them in casting range. Lovely place locals sound arse sore as hell from cycling wedding in an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                    Stay local in the Aran islands for a week house for 350 caught a couple of fish dinners. Can't justify paying 15 euro for pollock when the sea is full of them in casting range. Lovely place locals sound arse sore as hell from cycling wedding in an hour.
                                                                                                                    Congratulations Mick

Comment

A friend's just back. Mum , dad and the three kids, over €1200 just for admission alone for four days and 90 min queues for everything. Madness.

Comment

Pro tip - go to Portaventura world near salou in Spain (not far from Barcelona). Way cheaper and can get cheap accom nearby. The rollercoasters etc. are also way better

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                          Best of luck. Odd that you didn't get any commission out of us. Would of thought that was standard for your role. Let me know about your next DBA positions.
                                                                                                                          Nah no commission in house, just the standard profit share. Makes the job a lot harder to stay motivated.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X