Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love to hear Michael Corcoran's commentary for that try. Sensational.

Comment

Just before that try, the Lions reminded me of WW1 soldiers about to go back over the top with every attack from AB, that should give them the boost they need mentally.
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Paging Eamo (or anyone else): 8:00 flight from T1 on Tuesday...what time should one arrive and is the fast track security worth bothering with?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
          Paging Eamo (or anyone else): 8:00 flight from T1 on Tuesday...what time should one arrive and is the fast track security worth bothering with?
          7. No.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Game over it would appear.

What changes would you make though? I thought most of the starting 15 did well. It's more about tactics for the next day but it's a bit late to make major tactical changes you'd have thought...

Losing two line outs 7ms out is pretty criminal. Surely you have a well planned move for these occasions. Terrible stuff.
            Last edited by V for Vendetta; 24-06-17, 09:14.
            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

The real change you'd make is appointing a coach who would have a clearly different plan to beat the ABs i.e. Schmidt and go on the attack ala Chicago.
              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                The real change you'd make is appointing a coach who would have a clearly different plan to beat the ABs i.e. Schmidt and go on the attack ala Chicago.
                im a fan of Schmidt but he would have been destroyed today. If anything th AB gave the Lions too much respect. especially 1st half. this is going to get worse imo. They must train with bad balls/passes such is their retrieval from potential knock ons.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                  im a fan of Schmidt but he would have been destroyed today. If anything th AB gave the Lions too much respect. especially 1st half. this is going to get worse imo. They must train with bad balls/passes such is their retrieval from potential knock ons.
                  Irish defence coach out there. So why would a Schmidt coached team get destroyed?

The difference would be the players would be in a position to win some of the kicks and the midfield partnership would have a clearer idea of what to do in attack. Schmidt isn't all out attack but the attack would be a bit more intelligent rather than off the cuff stuff. It's a great ABs team to be fair playing very well so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    Would the Maltesers here recommend it for a quiet couples holiday in Sept/Oct?

Weather, sand, sea and chilling out the biggest wants.
                    I had friends who came for a holiday before we moved here and they stayed in Mellehia. They loved it. They would be in their early 40's with a 7 year old. The beaches up there are plentiful and you are not far from St Paul's Bay and Buggiba which also have beaches. All the sandy beaches are out that way.

There are loads of places to eat up there and more for a relaxing holiday. BUT Cafe del Mar is also up there if you want to sip cocktails and hang around the area. I know my cousin went there in April and loved it.

If you want quiet then that area is the best to go. I wouldn't recommend staying in Buggiba but St Pauls bay and Mellehia would be fine.
                    There are a zillion buses to get you to anywhere else in the Island and if you fancied a trip to gozo which would cost you €9 return MAX for BOTH of you then it's a handy area as it isn't too far.

There isn't the same building work up that part of the Island so will be more peaceful and if you fancy a night on the tiles jump on a bus there and a taxi back would be €18

Comment

Game over it would appear.

What changes would you make though? I thought most of the starting 15 did well. It's more about tactics for the next day but it's a bit late to make major tactical changes you'd have thought...

Losing two line outs 7ms out is pretty criminal. Surely you have a well planned move for these occasions. Terrible stuff.
                      Best Team Ever vs a scratch side is only ever going to have one result.

If tbey had converted that try chance in the frst couple of minutes, it might have been tighter but still same result.

Given the posession the ABs had, the result isn't all that bad imo!

Comment

Irish defence coach out there. So why would a Schmidt coached team get destroyed?

The difference would be the players would be in a position to win some of the kicks and the midfield partnership would have a clearer idea of what to do in attack. Schmidt isn't all out attack but the attack would be a bit more intelligent rather than off the cuff stuff. It's a great ABs team to be fair playing very well so who knows.
                        you answered your own question however this isnt chicago and the AB were contained well for periods of the game today. This is the best the Lions will do , outflanked in most departments. the acceleration for the last try was scary . i see nothing Schmidt would have done to change that .

Comment

It's fantasy to think any other coach or configuration of players would make a difference.
                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

In fairness to Gatland he got the team selection fairly spot on. 13-8 at 55 minutes with the Lions having butchered good chances. Hopefully not many changes for next week bar Nowell for Daly.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                              It's fantasy to think any other coach or configuration of players would make a difference.
                              Maybe so Lloyd. It's the only question you're left with though. It's a great ABs team and you just ask what more can be done?

I'm certainly not having a pop at the Lions and how they played today. I give them a lot of credit. The second test selection will be interesting.

Japan v Ireland was a cracking game this morning. Well worth catching on YouTube for those who didn't watch it live. Japan played much better and Ireland were ruthless for the first half but then faded a bit in the second. Some great young talent coming along nicely.

Comment

Was looking through some pictures from an event over here last night, and came across this one.

I think the face is best described as 'When you reshove with Aces and then realise that was the last hand and you have 94o'

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                  Saturday 6pm Keoghs.

Pints/ G&Ts or whatever you're having.

Bit of evening racing from Lingfield & Haydock...

Myself, Andy & Dobby so far... Possible Aquarium hitting after (need to pay for washing machine)...
                                  Will try swing by for a few hours. Don't think I'll last for the aquarium as have two other shindigs I'm meant to show my face at

Comment

High hopes for this new fad, wine finished in whiskey barrels, it's not out here yet but a friend got one signed by the winemaker and brought it to me as a birthday gift last night. I pretty much only drink gin, wine and whiskey so hopefully combining some of my favourite drinks works out all right.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                      I havent been in at that time in a long time to know how busy it is but security is run well these days. Get there at 7 youll probably still have time for a coffee.
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                        High hopes for this new fad, wine finished in whiskey barrels, it's not out here yet but a friend got one signed by the winemaker and brought it to me as a birthday gift last night. I pretty much only drink gin, wine and whiskey so hopefully combining some of my favourite drinks works out all right.

My pleasure. Many happy returns.
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                              Will try swing by for a few hours. Don't think I'll last for the aquarium as have two other shindigs I'm meant to show my face at
                                              Night postponed due to making Day 2 in Nottingham Million game later

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                Was looking through some pictures from an event over here last night, and came across this one.

I think the face is best described as 'When you reshove with Aces and then realise that was the last hand and you have 94o'

SPOILER
                                                Looks a bit like my face in the Mammoth game!

*Poker talk*

SPOILER
                                                Blinds 75/150

CO makes it 450, button calls as does SB & I make it 2150 from BB with KK.

CO flats and button makes it 10k, back to me and im trying to figure out if he's an evil genius with AA.

Eventually decide he's not so ship for 33k. CO insta snaps and button tank folds after sticking in 40% of his stack.

Now im cursing the evil genius in the CO with the AA. He then rolls over 77 and spikes the turn

No value in poker these days lol.

Comment

Comment

I could murder everyone I meet today..and i probably will

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                      I know someone who did that. Just that. Not the lotto though. The father of a guy I went to college with. Made millions in his twenties. Blew it all became an arse. Lost it. Married had kids got a normal job. Hated it. He doesn't regret becoming an arse but does regret blowing it all.
                                                      Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                        Good for him.
                                                        That's what his son said.

Comment

He has nothing to show for it though. I think that is the only thing he regrets. Being an arse once you don't kill anyone. Well....you can stop being an arse and get new friends anytime. I do think he wishes he had put something away though. And he literally didn't ..nothing.

Question would you guys keep all your mates if you won the lotto?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                            Looks a bit like my face in the Mammoth game!

*Poker talk*

SPOILER
                                                            Blinds 75/150

CO makes it 450, button calls as does SB & I make it 2150 from BB with KK.

CO flats and button makes it 10k, back to me and im trying to figure out if he's an evil genius with AA.

Eventually decide he's not so ship for 33k. CO insta snaps and button tank folds after sticking in 40% of his stack.

Now im cursing the evil genius in the CO with the AA. He then rolls over 77 and spikes the turn

No value in poker these days lol.
                                                            Ah that's just the kiddy game anyway. Go win the milly m8. GL

Comment

Four female teenage skangers walking down the quays

Two of them with a huge rainbow flag wrapped around them. The other two with smaller rainbow flags on sticks.

All four screaming 'Uh Ah Up The Ra' at the top of their voices.

#pride

Comment

Two of them with a huge rainbow flag wrapped around them. The other two with smaller rainbow flags on sticks.

#pride
                                                                Got stuck diverted in traffic some huge number of fat ugly woman wearing rainbow flag stuff. Shame they don't have as much pride in there diet and appearance.

Comment

#pride
                                                                  It's one of my proudest achievements to be hated by both sides of sectarianism.

#Pride!
                                                                  It's kind of horrible it creeps into something meant to be inclusive though....meh i stand alone.

Screw diets ...appearances can be deceiving. #it's the heart Inside ..# pride!

Comment

Was in for a look myself. Paddys day for straight young ones. All the gays probably in the pub
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      I'm going to say she should read The Black Swan and ignore whatever trash i rcommended in class
                                                                      Tell her read puckoon by Milligan and be off with herself

Comment

#pride
                                                                        Glad to hear Mary, Norma, Joan and Maureen made it safe. Tiocfaidh ar la

Comment

He has nothing to show for it though. I think that is the only thing he regrets. Being an arse once you don't kill anyone. Well....you can stop being an arse and get new friends anytime. I do think he wishes he had put something away though. And he literally didn't ..nothing.

Question would you guys keep all your mates if you won the lotto?
                                                                          All bar one.

#pride
                                                                          Loving this new posting style
                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

is the opposite to gay pride, hetro shame ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                              Decanted a bottle of 1998 Chateau Lafite Rothschild a few hours ago and have just enjoyed my first glass. Would recommend.
                                                                              Is that the one you were gifted a while back - celebrating?

Comment

Decanted a bottle of 1998 Chateau Lafite Rothschild a few hours ago and have just enjoyed my first glass. Would recommend.
                                                                                You've probably mentioned it before, but what kind of decanter is your go to one? Also, how do you clean it?
                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                  I can't recall them playing creep the other night 😢
                                                                                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Yes, that's it. I've been meaning to open it for some time and had a few milestones where I wanted to do it but for one reason or another I didn't.... Now Or Never winning her group race was the first one, then selling her was the next one, then thenew house and I started renovating straight away and I didn't want to open it in a messy gaff and targeted some time after i'd that work done, and sure then we sold Night Of Glory earlier in the week and got a touch so I figured the time was now.

I had rack of lamb, new queens and green beans and mangetout (rodney) for dinner. The sweetness of the lamb fat gushing around my gums and then washing it off with the vino was splendid. I'm going to enjoy the next two glasses over the next hour.

I've a Riedel Ultra Magnum which I bought as my 2015 x-mas pressie. Costs about 350 from Mitchell & Son but its a fabulous piece of kit. I rinse it with water after every use and stand it on it's head to drain. Then every now and then I give it a deep clean with hot water, white vinegar and rice; swirling all that around for a while as it gives it a proper clean. I've been meaning to get a decanter stand for it, might go looking now.

I have one of those lads too but I'm more emotionally attached to this one:

bastard to clean though!

Comment

Think he was talking about the Dublin gig m8

Comment

nice plug RD3

Comment

I'd say Courier Collie has a few of those alright.
                                                                                          Were you thinking butt plug too
                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                            I have one of those lads too but I'm more emotionally attached to this one:

bastard to clean though!
                                                                                            It looks like what they give male patients in hospitals to pee in.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                nice plug RD3
                                                                                                or that....

Comment

...

Comment

Did i mention the word CHAOS
                                                                                                    I didn't know it was that big ...what a happened ??? I thought it was only a wee little chaos ..that's a big chappie!

Comment

What happened to Glastonbury red button?
                                                                                                      Mark Radcliffe is tough going

Comment

I'm going to say she should read The Black Swan and ignore whatever trash i rcommended in class
                                                                                                        Perhaps "Thinking fast and slow" or "Superforecasting"/"Signal and the noise".

I have Black Swan downloaded but yet to be tackled.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                          Father John Misty is on Right now

Comment

Father John Misty is on Right now
                                                                                                            Forgot about bbc4

Comment

Never listened to Father John Misty but he's grand. Nice warm up for Foo Fighters

Comment

Lol me. Seems the amazons were actually pretty good. FJM on now

Comment

FJM rules.

Comment

Killing it.

Comment

Fuckin foo fighters man

Comment

Doing alright for a band that haven't had a good song since the 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                          Red Button is working. Liam currently singing "Don't look back in Anger". Jaysus he sounds really good.

Opr

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X