Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres the link to Seamus Heaney reading his complete works GAB mentioned the other day.

Great stuff altogether.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

If you're a Heaney fan, here's my sister's choir singing one of his poems shortly after he got his nobel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qFRzhU9SWw
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Golf has been a bit shit.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
          Wasn't the exciting finish we all hoped for but what a classy performance from Koepka.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
            Noticed i had a tenner in my PP account earlier. Flicked on ATR and there was a race off in Downpatrick in a couple of mins. Quick scan and saw Davy Russell had 3 rides for Elliottso did the treble. €427. Stuck €220 on Koepka at 4s and rest on horse double 2mrw. Why didnt i hoof the lot on the golf. Enjoyable evening in thr pub anyway.

Comment

Another van driven at people up near Finsbury park
              Ffs

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                Just came home after a couple of days and there's 40/50 dead small wasps in the floor in my room, can't even figure out where they came from. It's that it or is there likely to be a nest lurking somewhere?

edit: looks like they came out of the sash window
                If they keep coming, stick up a photo. It's swarming season for honeybees and a swarm will either move off to a permanent home within a couple of days or it has already found its permanent home where it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  Ffs
                  The mosque,decent odds on this lad being a Tommy Robinson fan I'd say

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Well that didn't work out too well. Five beers and collapsed. Ended up in hospital. Doctor was saying the beer was 8%, so was equivalent of drinking 20 regular (half pint in France) beers, all in three hours. Lesson learned
                        Old Hitch would have drank that for breakfast. Only lesson here is to get that tolerance back to a respectable level.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Just sent home from work because it's too hot, thank god

Comment

I see Linfield v Celtic is a possible tie on the 12th July in the Champions League (needs Linfield to beat the San Marino champions in the first round). Should be a fun occasion.

Dundalk up against Rosenborg from Norway.

Comment

Who's going to replace May, I wonder? Hoping it's Boris just to complete their descent into oblivion.
                                She doesn't appear to be going anywhere right now.
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                  Just back fromGermany ,as always when over there am reminded that they really have every right to believe they are the master race,they just got carried away once or twice,everything just works.im sure there are some glaring societal problems I'm missing in my short hop jollies but you could just up the reasonably priced beer dosage
                                  Yeah back myself from there too. Beautiful weather, beautiful women, great cheap beer, 24hr nightclubs. Left wondering what I'm doing in expensive and (usually) wet Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                    Just sent home from work because it's too hot, thank god
                                    No aircon?

Comment

Well that didn't work out too well. Five beers and collapsed. Ended up in hospital. Doctor was saying the beer was 8%, so was equivalent of drinking 20 regular (half pint in France) beers, all in three hours. Lesson learned
                                      High % craft beer is not really a session drink. I've been that soldier (though not to point of collapse...)
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If Linfield beat their San Marino opposition in the Champions League qualification first round then they will face Celtic, with the first leg in Belfast...on the 12th of July!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                          No aircon?
                                          Broke down and there are no windows that open, the walls are all made of glass. Must have been 30+ in there. Sitting there sweating!

*Ferris bueller*

Comment

v4v and others, what do you make of Rassie leaving Munster

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 19-06-17, 14:44. Reason: Wife not husband

Comment

So Hotspur has AJ on ignore. Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                  If Linfield beat their San Marino opposition in the Champions League qualification first round then they will face Celtic, with the first leg in Belfast...on the 12th of July!
                                                  So the invaders from Scotland v the Scottish Irish. An interesting clash of mad bastards with convoluted blood . Dobby will be at Mizen Head that day.

Comment

Bombshell revelation from that The Trip to Italy is that Mary Shelley of Frankenstein fame was husband of Percy Bysshe Shelley
                                                    She hung out with a few poets like Byron. I read a book about her as a teenager. I loved the back story as to how Frankenstein came about.

Comment

It's unlikely they'll give Celtic any more of a game than their Scottish brethren have in recent times.

Plenty of fans from both sides will relish the, ahem, challenge though.

Just one more security headache on a day of security headaches in a place where most people don't want the headache anymore.

Comment

Political data gathered on more than 198 million US citizens was exposed this month after a marketing firm contracted by the Republican National Committee stored internal documents on a publicly accessible Amazon server.
                                                        Political data gathered on more than 198 million US citizens was exposed this month after a marketing firm contracted by the Republican National Committee stored internal documents on a publicly accessible Amazon server.

big data nerds will love this.
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Some standing tickets just released on TM for Radiohead tommorow night for anyone who may be interested.

Opr

Comment

Bombshell revelation from that The Trip to Italy is that Mary Shelley of Frankenstein fame was husband of Percy Bysshe Shelley
                                                            Fun fact: She wrote the outline of Frankenstein because she didn't want to have a threesome with him and Byron. They spent the weekend banging Byron's missus instead, while she wrote the first ever science fiction novel.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                Some standing tickets just released on TM for Radiohead tommorow night for anyone who may be interested.

Opr
                                                                Still haven't listened to most recent album, better play the hits tomorrow

Comment

Sonar is the fucking one.
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Unsure if people interested but Radiohead tickets for tomorrow available on Ticketmaster - I nabbed 2 just now gl etc

Comment

There are Radiohead tickets available for tomorrow night on Ticketmaster.

Comment

Vodafones virtual reality night with mammy ad is so fucking tilting. I presume some bollix got paid big money to devise that shit

Comment

Have to go to Limoges next week. The nearest bus stop to the airport is 5 km away and a taxi costs €24 for the 11 km 15 min journey. France is strange sometimes.

Comment

I was just looking at the one from 2013 i will be ignoring it. Too upsetting. I don't like hearing the paisleys the Gerrys Adams and their faithful etc.

I will remember the people who love me not the rest. And try and remember most peeps in NI do love each other. And if you feel that's not true..it's my fantasy

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                            Ffs
                                                                            They named the guy they caught Osbourne form Cardiff had expressed Islamophobia.

I thought this was very moving.

Ireland will not sign off on a Brexit deal unless we protect Good Friday Agreement fully - Coveney
                                                                            This was said today. It's gonna be a tough negotiation. I am not sure that hard line was the best to take. But there you go i understand it.
                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 19-06-17, 20:39.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                              Still haven't listened to most recent album, better play the hits tomorrow
                                                                              In much the same boat. While I listened to each album as they were released and appreciated the merit in them very little of the later stuff has made it to my regular listening churn over the years. You would hope they will be using this as a chance to run through the setlist for Glastonbury which should mean a fair amount of the hits.

Opr

Comment

Heading along tomorrow. Saw them at primavera last year and they were incredible.

They're playing a fair bit off Ok computer as it's the 20th anniversary. A fair bit off the most recent one which I really liked and then an assortment from most other albums

Comment

Yeah back myself from there too. Beautiful weather, beautiful women, great cheap beer, 24hr nightclubs. Left wondering what I'm doing in expensive and (usually) wet Dublin.
                                                                                  I can't get over the responsibility they entrust to their citizens,yes you can drink beer on public transport at any time of day etc just act like an adult will you? And it works (from what I can see)
                                                                                  Not like the hell that is Irish public spaces on a sunny day when the cider drinkingmob come out to wreck everyone else's buzz
                                                                                  Also have to love the lack of pretension around their beer culture

Comment

24 hour nightclub sounds bizarre. How would you know when to go get chips.
                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I'm from Seamus Heaney country. Anahorish, Magherafelt, Bellaghy and the Broagh and he loomed large over my youth (also Aghagaskin, Tobermore, Knockloughrim and Castledawson if you were from the other side of the road).

My granny would tell stories of young Heaney going to school down the rudimentary south Derry country roads. Only later did i learn about the tragedy that would befall the family on those roads.

I'd bump into his niece plenty at school and college and hear the latest family news and have read lots of (but far from all of) his work over the years.

I still probably get moved most by his poem Two Lorries about... well, some memories of his mother and her dreams and a bomb in my home town, specifically the bus stop on Broad Street where I and dozens of other students usually got the Sunday express down to Belfast.

It happened while i was doing my finals so i was staying in the city like most students and remember being flabbergasted no one was killed.
                                                                                      Last edited by BennyHiFi; 19-06-17, 23:32.

Comment

...

Comment

Leaving Queenstown now, exactly 1 week till we leave NZ.
                                                                                          Queenstown is great but I probably prefer Wanaka which is an hour or so away.
                                                                                          Queenstown has quite a student feel to it. The views are pretty unbelievable though tbf. I was speaking to a few guys who snow chase and now Switzerland is where I'd like to go after the year at home.

Likely to miss the Lions later unfortunately with the flight and traffic to Hamilton. I went to All Blacks vs Samoa the other night which was cool, competitive for about 20 minutes till the All Blacks got going, decent atmosphere with Tonga playing beforehand though.

Fiji was cool the other week but the level of poverty was far higher than I had envisaged and we were confined to our accommodation more than I would have liked. I probably wouldn't recommend it at the price, cheaper similar islands close by.

Comment

On your bike Bitcoin. It's all about Ether now.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

hit with a last minute request to go to Lahdahn Weds-Thurs. Thursday is all business but has to be potential for an afternoon at Royal Ascot tomorrow. Plotting commenceth....
                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                I can't get over the responsibility they entrust to their citizens,yes you can drink beer on public transport at any time of day etc just act like an adult will you? And it works (from what I can see)
                                                                                                Not like the hell that is Irish public spaces on a sunny day when the cider drinkingmob come out to wreck everyone else's buzz
                                                                                                Also have to love the lack of pretension around their beer culture
                                                                                                It felt entirely normal to be drinking a bottle of beer at the check-in desk on the way home.

Yeah and it's refreshing to see everyone out, girls included just drinking bottles of augustiner instead of 1493109230948 different varieties of garnished gins.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                                                  On your bike Bitcoin. It's all about Ether now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/b...pgtype=article
                                                                                                  I think it makes the most sense that this keeps happening, bitcoin isn't going to be the dominant coin of the future.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post

Fiji was cool the other week but the level of poverty was far higher than I had envisaged and we were confined to our accommodation more than I would have liked. I probably wouldn't recommend it at the price, cheaper similar islands close by.
                                                                                                    Why were you confined?

Comment

Is there anywhere in dublin that sells money clips like this?

The Titan™ Money Clip is the result of many years of learning how to work with titanium to craft the perfect money clip. Using titanium gives an advantage

Comment

Is there anywhere in dublin that sells money clips like this?

https://www.superiortitanium.com/Tit...oney_Clip.html
                                                                                                        A decent jewellers would be a good place to start I'd say.

Comment

Yeah and it's refreshing to see everyone out, girls included just drinking bottles of augustiner instead of 1493109230948 different varieties of garnished gins.
                                                                                                          Seems like the type of thing that could easily be reversed by a German visiting here and sold as a positive. Why is everyone drinking the same thing refreshing? Surely a renaissance in food and drink is a good thing after an eternity of stew and guinness.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                            ...has to be potential for an afternoon at Royal Ascot tomorrow. Plotting commenceth....
                                                                                                            Still don't quite believe this happened.

Comment

QOTSA presale secured, there will be many an exotic gin had.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                QOTSA presale secured, there will be many an exotic gin had.
                                                                                                                Knew I was forgetting something this morning. Seems to be over now. Will have to hope for the best on Thursday so

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                  Knew I was forgetting something this morning. Seems to be over now. Will have to hope for the best on Thursday so
                                                                                                                  Don' worry, there are some radiohead tickets available for tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                                    Don' worry, there are some radiohead tickets available for tonight
                                                                                                                    My Galaxy S6 is acting up. Whenever there are other phones around it gets very tense and instantly turns off Bluetooth WiFi and 4G. Weirdo phone .
                                                                                                                    My computer is ok though so at least I'm not high and dry.

Might pop on a Luas and see if I can bag a cheapo ticket from an overstocked tout.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                      Seems like the type of thing that could easily be reversed by a German visiting here and sold as a positive. Why is everyone drinking the same thing refreshing? Surely a renaissance in food and drink is a good thing after an eternity of stew and guinness.
                                                                                                                      Just a nice break from Dublin's gin craze.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                        My Galaxy S6 is acting up. Whenever there are other phones around it gets very tense and instantly turns off Bluetooth WiFi and 4G. Weirdo phone .
                                                                                                                        My computer is ok though so at least I'm not high and dry.

Might pop on a Luas and see if I can bag a cheapo ticket from an overstocked tout.
                                                                                                                        They're going to be pretty strict about having ID to match the ticket purchaser tonight apparently so don't go buying from a tout.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                                          They're going to be pretty strict about having ID to match the ticket purchaser tonight apparently so don't go buying from a tout.
                                                                                                                          Tis my only option as I'm still trying to time it so I can drop off kids and run. Cheers anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X