Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Just came home after a couple of days and there's 40/50 dead small wasps in the floor in my room, can't even figure out where they came from. It's that it or is there likely to be a nest lurking somewhere?

edit: looks like they came out of the sash window
    Probably last year's crop
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Just came home after a couple of days and there's 40/50 dead small wasps in the floor in my room, can't even figure out where they came from. It's that it or is there likely to be a nest lurking somewhere?

edit: looks like they came out of the sash window
      I'd say honey bees. I get them every yr, coming from side of house. They look like wasps kinda but not. Even with windows closed they somehow made their way in. House next door left windows open one day and we must have hovered up 100 of them. I rang a lad to get rid of them. He said he couldnt as they protected and also they are harmless not tempermental like the other fuckers. They just fucked off then after a day or two
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
        I won't hear anything about airsoft, planning to go soon. Went once 10 years ago and it was class. Played against the chinese army who had grenades and everything, got destroyed.
        Isn't airsoft basically paintball, for people who find paintball too scary?

Or am I misunderstand the the power involved.

Comment

Naas getting an awful doing in here lately.

I remember the days when the turn off sign on the N7 proudly declared "Naas, a nice place to shop."

The heady days of the mid 90's. When we were kings.
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Twink pedalling "Theatre Cakes" in her driveway today. Times must be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
              Hop House is actually nice out of a bottle and I dont have to act like a pretentious wanker whilst I drink it. Grand job for 2.40 a bottle.
              You sound wound up mate.

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
              Dont make me check the pms.
              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              You said you'd pm me within 50 days or something like that, with details of a bet.
              Oh, and please don't disrespect cans.
              You two are funny together.

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              Get a selfie sometime
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Top m8s so we are m8

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

No it's s bit more dress up and tactical. Can be quite enjoyable if you're in to military small arm tactics. Paintball tends to be more stag party shoot em up. Both are a bit of fun. But airsoft can be in danger of disappearing up its own ass if you have the wrong group of participants.
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Surely it should be burgers today!
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

People on this flight calling it "wee fee" maybe ole Fidelma Healy Eames wasn't the old wagon we all thought she was!
                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Up the deise!

KevIRL You in thurles?
                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                          Twink and Kate would be two peas in a pod

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Need a Waterford win for my bet after Tyrone doing the business. Mup blaaaas

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    Haven't drank in a few months as I've too much work to be doing with all these coursera python programming courses which have had to fit into what were either classic drinking or classic hungover hours. Going out tonight to get the beers on and do some prep for Madrid in two weeks. #prayforhitch
                                    Your off it now, stay off it!?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

It's for people more into guns I guess, think of any gun pretty much and it's replicated in airsoft. Guns are much more accurate, have longer range, look better and it's cheaper (a day of intense paintball could be €100+ of ammunition, 2000 airsoft pellets is like €7 or something). It's also more tactical vs a more FFA paintball.

You can play with a lot of variety in airsoft. Want to use shotguns, grenades, full/semi auto
                                      aegs, pistols, sniper rifles with scopes? You can. Want to get a nazi fetish uniform and a bolt action from the time period, you can. They have events like Russia vs US vs Zombies at night time etc.

Paintball is fun in a different way for me, short range all out crazy battle and shooting your friends with paint, also don't have to worry about any honour system as it's clear they got hit.

I love both but I like the more slower paced airsoft personally, trying to nail somebody miles away or flank them, sneaking around, running into people from your team crawling and coming up with a plan etc. You'll get people up their own ass playing both thinking it's the best thing ever.
                                      They are both just good fun shooting people.
                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 18-06-17, 15:18.

Comment

Haven't drank in a few months as I've too much work to be doing with all these coursera python programming courses which have had to fit into what were either classic drinking or classic hungover hours. Going out tonight to get the beers on and do some prep for Madrid in two weeks. #prayforhitch
                                        I'm with Elshambles on this. You are literally the worst drunk I've ever met. And I've met a lot.

I've even known a few people who gave it up, and I really think they shouldn't have. You're the exception to my entire experience of booze and alcoholism. You seem so much happier, stable and safe without it.

Obviously drunk posting, but meh it's Sunday.
                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Waterford getting bit jammy here to still be in touch and should have had def 1 and maybe 2 sent off

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                            Daddy day out in town tomorrow. Will finally use the elbows vouchers and have fish and chips at Dublin castle.
                                            My missus is fascinated with the idea of the potato room
                                            The agreed decision is burdocks has been toppled and it wasn't even close
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                              I'm with Elshambles on this. You are literally the worst drunk I've ever met. And I've met a lot.

Top 5 for sure
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

Bit of a buzzkill dude. It is rather destructive drinking all right! Everything in moderation
                                                  Pretty embarrassing that the last times I remember knocking it on the head was 6 weeks for my Leaving Cert in 1987. And another 6 weeks for 3rd year repeats around 1991. 3 months dude without much downside? Why not just carry on with that?

Comment

Comment

Comment

its weefee in every non english country afaik. certainly in Italy, France, Spain anyway. Poor Fidelma indeed.
                                                        I was in Canada flying to the states...

And I've never heard a German say "Vee fee"!

Holes in your theory mate.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                          Waterford getting bit jammy here to still be in touch and should have had def 1 and maybe 2 sent off
                                                          It was strange one, Waterford were very hard done by for a number of stonewall frees ignored but then reacted terribly and should have had 2 off, so the only logical conclusion is one that most should have come to many moons ago is that Barry Kelly is stonewall fuckin useless!!

And now his overweight as well to add insult to injury!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Comment

The agreed decision is burdocks has been toppled and it wasn't even close
                                                            Burdocks been ornery for years. Elboews place on dame street is great.

I'm not really one for writing the oul restaurant reviews but have been meaning to visit a newish place in Sallins for months now called two cooks got there this afternoon and it was excellent.
                                                            Highly recommended

Comment

Desperate stuff from Waterford

Comment

What degree did you do?
                                                                Never finished it. Maths and physics in Dit. No one will ever know if it was the shrooms, the booze, the LSD, or the pot what done it.

Comment

It was weird to be in Sallins today because its normally a place to avoid at all costs on Scum Fein / IRA day out.
                                                                  Time has not been kind to the true believers who used to dress up in the Nazi Boot Boy uniforms to go parading in sunglasses and balaclavas from Sallins to Bodenstown. They have barely managed to shed the uniforms but I doubt looking at the specimens on show today that we will be seeing the traditional spike in burglaries and assaults that used to be associated with their visit.

Still there was nothing celebratory or fun about them but a real aura of pathos surrounding the grim determination to preserve their brand of sectarian hatred
                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 18-06-17, 17:44.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post

Get a selfie sometime
                                                                      Jaysus dice. Kids have put years on ya

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                        Am I alone in thinking an adult going to a Superhero film without a kid is embarrassing?
                                                                        You've had some terrible opinions over the years but this one takes it to a new level. Well played.
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                          You've had some terrible opinions over the years but this one takes it to a new level. Well played.
                                                                          I was thinking of hiring a kid, just because I wanted to go to a Circus. Thankfully I realised it was a bad thought.

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

I think you overthought that plan courier. (1) hire a kid, (2) then work out what you're going to do with them. You have the whole thing back to front.
                                                                                Still disturbed that I feel creepier about going to a Circus on my tod, than I do about buying a person to make it look more normal. \Not going to do either.

Comment

Grown adults who sit excitedly/hush others around them while waiting for post credits scenes in those superhero movies really take the biscuit.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    It was weird to be in Sallins today because its normally a place to avoid at all costs on Scum Fein / IRA day out.
                                                                                    Time has not been kind to the true believers who used to dress up in the Nazi Boot Boy uniforms to go parading in sunglasses and balaclavas from Sallins to Bodenstown. They have barely managed to shed the uniforms but I doubt looking at the specimens on show today that we will be seeing the traditional spike in burglaries and assaults that used to be associated with their visit.

Still there was nothing celebratory or fun about them but a real aura of pathos surrounding the grim determination to preserve their brand of sectarian hatred
                                                                                    Why is today a SF day out?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                      Pre-12th gathering.
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                        Pre-12th gathering.
                                                                                        So they were marching to show their disapproval for the other lot marching? Solid reasoning there.

Comment

Sun has made some of ye a bit cranky. Leave Hitch alone. Enjoy the pint m8.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                            Grown adults who sit excitedly/hush others around them while waiting for post credits scenes in those superhero movies really take the biscuit.
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

...Tech Question, is it possible to download youtube videos to my computer?...If yes, how :-)...

Comment

There are lots of sites where you can stick in a link an download it as a video or sound.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                  ...Tech Question, is it possible to download youtube videos to my computer?...If yes, how :-)...
                                                                                                  For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

...Touche ...Was gonna do the clip grab, didn't know if there was a simpler way lol...

Comment

...Just begun Daniel Negraneau's WSOP Vlogs... They seem to be really good, would recommend watching...Gives a good insight to his poker...

Comment

So they were marching to show their disapproval for the other lot marching? Solid reasoning there.
                                                                                                        I was being flippant. No idea why they would be out marching but sure headbangers gonna headbang.

Comment

A guy in the pub here, sitting outside, with his girlfriend. He comes to the bar and everyone asks him where he met his hot black chick. The weird thing is he responds as if this is a great question, gives a nod to acknowledge 'ah you noticed her, hot black gold amirite?', and says how he spent ten years in the Carribean so that's the way. Not the slightest hesitation or reticence from him about these strangers leading with her skin colour and (massive, but not floppy) breasts as their main points.
                                                                                                          Can't see a problem with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                            I was being flippant. No idea why they would be out marching but sure headbangers gonna headbang.
                                                                                                            Apart from those marching, the only people that know about it are those like SP who fume over anything to do with them. Literally no one else knows or cares.

Comment

Apart from those marching, the only people that know about it are those like SP who fume over anything to do with them. Literally no one else knows or cares.
                                                                                                              Sure it keeps them out of the pubs and they get a bit of exercise. Banging a lambeg is a serious workout too.

Comment

in fairness to him it can't be any fun when you are out jogging and a crowd of old SFers fly by you when out for an ol march.

Comment

Wolfe Tonne commemoration, he's buried out that way.

Comment

surely Clare give Cork a trimming in the Munster Final?
                                                                                                                    Bookies will make Cork favs and they have serious momentum, their FB line is there for the taking though, then again Clare were very ordinary against Limerick. Hoping for a fine day and if the line is any more than 43.5 I'll be all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                                      Wolfe Tonne commemoration, he's buried out that way.
                                                                                                                      The filthy Protestant bollix!

Comment

Just back fromGermany ,as always when over there am reminded that they really have every right to believe they are the master race,they just got carried away once or twice,everything just works.im sure there are some glaring societal problems I'm missing in my short hop jollies but you could just up the reasonably priced beer dosage

Comment

Article posted on non satire Irish news website
                                                                                                                          The millennial vote is key' - Can Corbynmania be harnessed by Ireland's Labour party?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X