Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gin related. I know dry gin is the most popular style (Gordon's, Cork, Bombay, Tanqueray, etc).
    Out of curiosity, I wouldnt mind trying some other styles. I know Hendricks is probably an exception. But apart from that what else do I need to look out for.
    Old Tom? Jenever?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Just went to Higgins Butchers in Sutton.

Probably the best butchers I've ever been in. They do boerwors. Incredible-looking steaks ageing away in some kind of display case. Great charcuterie counter.

Well worth a trip for the meat lovers.
      Spoilered for Tar

SPOILER

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        Oxley is the pinnacle.

/End Transmission
        Thoughts on Gunpowder? Top of the list for me atm

Comment

The bottle is class tbf.

Comment

It's easily my favourite gin, best thing to come out of leitrim. Just love whatever flavour/aroma the botanicals give it and it kinda ruined a lot of other gins for me. I can smell it a mile off.

Looking forward to liking something more if I can find it.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Brockmans with raspberries & blackberries / decent tonic

Jawbox with Ginger Ale & slice of lime, lovely for the summer

Opihr for a spicy gin.

Current tipples of choice

Comment

I know, there's nothing Hitch, maybe the drama when their only traffic light was taken down. That was entertaining at least. Think they are back up to two sets now.

I had jawbox once night and thought it was really nice, must try it again in the sober light of day.

Comment

Is there anyone here that absolutely detests gin. I'd drink fucking piss quicker.
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                      Is there anyone here that absolutely detests gin. I'd drink fucking piss quicker.
                      Well I wouldn't drink piss at all tbh but I don't like Gin either. Have tasted it loads recently when out with mates and I say just get me whatever you're having. Tastes rank to me but each to their own.

Comment

If you've any interest in weather, windy.com is a thing of beauty.

Comment

Funny rip on Uber being a bag of dicks!

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Comment

Daddy day out in town tomorrow. Will finally use the elbows vouchers and have fish and chips at Dublin castle.
                            My missus is fascinated with the idea of the potato room
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                              I didn't like gin until very recently, as in a few months ago. I'd tried it years ago and really didn't like it.

While in Canada, Mrs Lao's sister pretty much forced the gin upon me, literally would not take no for an answer so I drank a few and they were fairly decent. Since then, it's gin all round, really like the stuff now.

Maybe I got a dodgy gin back in the day as when I tried it then, it was rank.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                Yes
                                You can thank me for that gig, and Icky. I introduced Kilcullen's local band promoter to CBC at the Rory G fest after hearing about them from Icky.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Paging Ole, paging Ole.

I have a 1.2kg Rib Roast, gonna BBQ it, how long for med rare typically? I've no thermometer.

Comment

So the missus just rang to say she is going to be delayed for a few hours. How convenient

Now I have to bring the two to a 3yo's Fairy birthday party. WTF is that, man I am so out of my depth here lol.

Hopefully there Gin there.

Comment

If it's a single rib it should take about 50 minutes at 170 if it's been sitting at room temperature for an hour or so. Pretty large margin of error with no thermometer though.

Comment

I'm not a gin fan either, have tried many but just don't like whatever is the common flavour they all share.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                              If it's a single rib it should take about 50 minutes at 170 if it's been sitting at room temperature for an hour or so. Pretty large margin of error with no thermometer though.
                                              Really? Under an hour? I have a fairly good handle on how to set it up at about 170, I've done a few Roast chickens.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                Really? Under an hour? I have a fairly good handle on how to set it up at about 170, I've done a few Roast chickens.
                                                Ideally you'd blast it at 220 for the first 10 minutes but not sure how good control you have on your bbq.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                  Ideally you'd blast it at 220 for the first 10 minutes but not sure how good control you have on your bbq.
                                                  Yeah I could do something like that with the vents.

Comment

You can thank me for that gig, and Icky. I introduced Kilcullen's local band promoter to CBC at the Rory G fest after hearing about them from Icky.
                                                    So what you're really saying is its down to icky. Ty icky if you're lurking.

Ah it was a spur of the moment job yesterday evening. Got home from work at 5 and was looking online for ways to entertain myself for the night. It was a close call between CBC and the best off late late folowed by the Daniel O Donnell show. Thankfully herself was up for a road trip

They're in the workmans on July 14th. You've plenty notice now so no excuse not to make it

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                      Oxley is the pinnacle.

/End Transmission
                                                      Would that be a London dry style also?

Any recomenations for a sweeter style? Old Tom I think they are called.
                                                      Or are they hard to find for good reason.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                      It's easily my favourite gin, best thing to come out of leitrim. Just love whatever flavour/aroma the botanicals give it and it kinda ruined a lot of other gins for me. I can smell it a mile off.
                                                      I think it's green tea. It's where the name comes from. (Gunpowder Tea)

Comment

Perfect day to have got stuck in work
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

@Tar, do I have to go online to get vegan shoes or can I get them in Dublin?

Comment

Why don't you have a thermometer? Seriously that's up there with flat earthers, though more wreckless.
                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                              Why don't you have a thermometer? Seriously that's up there with flat earthers, though more wreckless.
                                                              I have a 57cm Weber, I saw the same one in a garden centre with a thermo in the lid, tried to buy the lid. Failed.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                @Tar, do I have to go online to get vegan shoes or can I get them in Dublin?
                                                                Ya wou hope they would taste better than the Tofu or Quorn shite anyhu, am I rite Whaaaaaa

Comment

SA France just started. Try for France already. Expecting a good game.

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                      SA France just started. Try for France already. Expecting a good game.
                                                                      The haircut on the SA 10 is a sight to behold.

Comment

Do you two Brits not have weather like us?

Comment

already been out and got lobster burnt to fuck.

Am nursing a hefty hangover too.

Comment

30 degrees here. Been out since 9 and home at 3. Sweating buckets, building a new bed, now a bit of down time. Out for dinner later.

Comment

I hope yizzer sitting outside watching that bleedin Rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                The haircut on the SA 10 is a sight to behold.
                                                                                Penaud looking awesome at centre. What a game he's had. Real prospect.

Comment

I hope yizzer sitting outside watching that bleedin Rugby.
                                                                                  It's been like this for 2 x weeks mate. We get a proper summer here. Wife was in Dublin last week actually. She was freezing! She felt she was home though

Comment

Radio on all day, bbq fired up, few cans. Fat as a pig now. Made enough for tomorrow too. Was gonna go pub to watch Meath v Kildare, cant be arsed now with weather like this and a monster food coma

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                      It's been like this for 2 x weeks mate. We get a proper summer here. Wife was in Dublin last week actually. She was freezing! She felt she was home though
                                                                                      Proof for the saying 'what's seldom is wonderful' I suppose.

So nice today, one of those rare ones where it's balmy at midnight.

Comment

Proof for the saying 'what's seldom is wonderful' I suppose.

So nice today, one of those rare ones where it's balmy at midnight.
                                                                                        It's only six o'clock you bollocks you'll jinx it

Comment

I made a really hot and spicy curry and I am quite content now after devouring it.

Comment

...

Comment

I have a 57cm Weber, I saw the same one in a garden centre with a thermo in the lid, tried to buy the lid. Failed.
                                                                                              Just meant one of these yokes. For the price of a pint you can check that chicken has reached 165f or whatever https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Cooking-D...ter+Food&psc=1
                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                I made a really hot and spicy curry and I am quite content now after devouring it.
                                                                                                Did you think to take a photo?
                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                  Just meant one of these yokes. For the price of a pint you can check that chicken has reached 165f or whatever https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Cooking-D...ter+Food&psc=1
                                                                                                  Oh I have a meat thermometer but that doesn't help me. I need to know the internal temp of the BBQ kettle.

Have it on now anyway, few Cabernet Oak chips in there, bit of rub on the meat. Gave the vents full blast for 15 mins then half closed them, I'll check on it in half an hour with the meat thermometer and judge then.

Bit of crusty bread, coleslaw and a mozzarella basil and tomato salad, generously drenched in aceto balsamico to go along.

Al Fresco, if I haven't bbvd it. Sorry Keano.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                                                    Did you think to take a photo?
                                                                                                    I did but I did not save it

Comment

I did but I did not save it
                                                                                                      You'll get another chance in a while

Comment

Oh I have a meat thermometer but that doesn't help me. I need to know the internal temp of the BBQ kettle.

Have it on now anyway, few Cabernet Oak chips in there, bit of rub on the meat. Gave the vents full blast for 15 mins then half closed them, I'll check on it in half an hour with the meat thermometer and judge then.

Bit of crusty bread, coleslaw and a mozzarella basil and tomato salad, generously drenched in aceto balsamico to go along.

Al Fresco, if I haven't bbvd it. Sorry Keano.
                                                                                                        Where did you say you lived again m8, getting my second wind all of a sudden

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          killer temps here. grand if your on holliers, but awful stuff for lugging the shopping and buggy around. That Dublin 27 degrees is the sweet spot for enjoyable weather imo.

I'm in Phoenix tomorrow!

49 degrees on Tue. Over 45 all week.
                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

...

Comment

Fuck that's crazy hot!
                                                                                                              It's nice of you to try replace P&Fs posts.

Comment

Way too sweat for me, Big fan of Dingle.

hate the sweat in gin i does....sweet even.
                                                                                                                Last edited by oleras; 17-06-17, 19:58.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Fuck that's crazy hot!
                                                                                                                  Nuts. I had to rebook a hotel with better amenities because I cant really go outside! Apparently its record breaking heat.

What happened to her?
                                                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

What happened to her?
                                                                                                                    CHD forgot the password for the account

Comment

Knew there was something different around here.

Comment

Paging Ole, paging Ole.

I have a 1.2kg Rib Roast, gonna BBQ it, how long for med rare typically? I've no thermometer.
                                                                                                                        I fuckin hope its off by now !

Without a thermometer, its guess work, horrible to ruin a piece of meat by guessing. My advice, get an instant read thermometer, a thermopen is what i use.

A BBQ at direct heat, no more than 1.15hrs
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                          Way too sweat for me, Big fan of Dingle.
                                                                                                                          sweat not the optimal flavour

Higgins' meat delivered. Boerwors was excellent.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X