Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuriy Boyko and Marc McDonnell 4th and 11th in chips respectively with 14 players left in the millionaire maker. Both guaranteed 68k with 1.2 million for 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Seems a bit odd to be buying something thats going to be generating all these profits long-term and then selling it on the first day, presumably to put the money back in a savings account earning approximately 0%.

If it is truely a spare 10k for investment, then at least cycle the money from the sale after the first day into BoI which has got to be a better long-term play due to lack of public sector stench. BoI is ridic cheap by any logical measure. Market cap of €7.3bn and long-term will be throwing off €2bn a year minimum in profits.
      Already own BOI and don't want to be too concentrated on Irish bank shares If I could secure 5%+ return on a one-day deal (nothing in guaranteed) believe me I would be happy; the funds would stay in my stockbroker's account for sure. Though yes, I also have a number of savings accounts around the place, none of which are setting the world on fire in terms of return, but piece of mind is another kind of return on investment, however less tangible.

Comment

A reddit guy posts: why doesn't everyone have one of these in their appartment? Wise words, Mr Redditor, wise words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sainfH_f5H8
        Doesn't seem to me to be of any use in a fire. If the apartments below you are in flames you can't use it, if the ones above you are you could just use the stairs.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Someone was saying that his neighbours fridge exploded and that caused the fire. If your 27-story building burns down because of a problem in one flat, thats a major failing on whoever designed the building. Thought the whole idea was that any individual incidences were meant to be contained in large buildings like this through fire safety designs.
          One guy was interviewed talking about it starting in neighbours flat sounded a bit suspicious to me.

Unimaginably awful hearing it on the radio but that​ picture... Fucking hell
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Happy Birthday Mr.Flushy
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

fcking hell
                I read one story where a baby was dropped from either the 9th or 10th story and was caught by people below. Crazy shit altogether.

Comment

fcking hell
                  Even after more than 7 years, you are still trained by the old boards swear filter. Use the full word, you know you want to.

Comment

Working to defend and serve the Lancaster West community

GRENFELL TOWER FIRE
                    Posted on June 14, 2017 by grenfellactiongroup

Watching breaking news about the Grenfell Tower fire catastrophe. Too soon (5am) to even guess at numbers of casualties and fatalities. Our heartfelt and sincere condolences to all who have perished, to the injured, to those who are bereaved or are still searching for missing loved ones.

Regular readers of this blog will know that we have posted numerous warnings in recent years about the very poor fire safety standards at Grenfell Tower and elsewhere in RBKC.

ALL OUR WARNINGS FELL ON DEAF EARS and we predicted that a catastrophe like this was inevitable and just a matter of time. Below is a list of links to previous blogs we posted on this site trying to warn the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea who own this property and the Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation who supposedly manage all social housing in RBKC on the Council’s behalf:

One of the concerns raised by the Grenfell Action Group when we were opposing the KALC development was the impact the loss of the Lancaster Road car-park would have on the community in the Grenfell…

The picture above, taken in October 2012, is the one that kicked-off our row with Lancaster West management on the issue of public safety and emergency access in the Grenfell Tower area. It shows s…

When we published our two recent items on Fire Safety in the Grenfell Tower area we expected to see some serious repercussions. Our earlier complaints to Siobhan Rumble had, of course, been copied …

The Grenfell Action Group are acutely aware that we are resented and despised by the un-holy trinity that controls North Kensington, ie the Council and their quislings at the KCTMO and the Westway …

On Thursday 30th May, one day after a near catastrophic and highly dangerous power surge destroyed many electrical appliances belonging to Grenfell Tower residents, representatives from the Grenfel…

An end may finally be in sight to the mysterious and distressing power surges that have bedevilled Grenfell Tower residents throughout the past month. However, decisive action was only taken yester…

What on earth is going on at Grenfell Tower? We don’t know – and nor it seems does the TMO who are responsible for managing Grenfell Tower. What we do know is that there have been frequent and cont…

The Grenfell Tower power surge issue remains unexplained and unresolved despite the best and constant efforts of ourselves, and especially the dogged leadership of the Grenfell Tower Leaseholders A…

Many of our readers will recall the item we posted on 21st February quoting a passage from the most recent Fire Risk Assessment for Grenfell Tower. That particular item got 91 hits in a single day,…
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                      Having lived in a number of apt blocks in Dublin this is inevitable here too. Not a fuck given by those charged with various elements of responsibility either.
                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Fire chief confirmed building was covered in plastic cladding that acted as a chimney for the fire
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Someone was saying that his neighbours fridge exploded and that caused the fire. If your 27-story building burns down because of a problem in one flat, thats a major failing on whoever designed the building. Thought the whole idea was that any individual incidences were meant to be contained in large buildings like this through fire safety designs.
                          The building was design/built almost 50 years ago. Long before to modern fire regulations. A lot of the design improvements (travel distances, corridor/stair widths, alternate means of escape) can't be retrospectively applied.
                          The the ones that can be (smoke alarms, sprinkler systems, fire seals, etc) weren't installed, or weren't maintained. The management have a lot of questions to answer.
                          As do who ever installed the cladding.

Comment

The lad in that blog seems like he was almost gunning for a disaster to happen to prove his campaign right.

5am is very early to compile an "I told you so" blog and get it out.
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Absolute annihilation in the cricket, just not the one everyone was expecting.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                The lad in that blog seems like he was almost gunning for a disaster to happen to prove his campaign right.

Meh! he understands the attention span of the media well enough to make sure they pick up on it for tomorrows papers.

Comment

I personally did a number of enquiries and rang various state agencies about fire standards in a apt block I was living in. The lack of giving a f**k was scary and only that I was Irish and educated they tolerated my calls. IF I'd been Johnny Foreigner I doubt if I'd have gotten the time of day from them. So this group in the U.K. actually did something and campaigned etc. Fair play to them and if the bad publicity and/or legal case faced by those with responsibility in this UK case causes management companies, councils and fire standard officers to get proactive then they will have done a lot of powerless people a great service.

Clearly this thing has become an obsession for the people behind this blog, and being up at 5am getting the I told you so stuff out there, is suggestive of that but I'd take in the round personally. The power of social media to reset the balance for the little people is one of its huge benefits.
                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                    The building was design/built almost 50 years ago. Long before to modern fire regulations. A lot of the design improvements (travel distances, corridor/stair widths, alternate means of escape) can't be retrospectively applied.
                                    The the ones that can be (smoke alarms, sprinkler systems, fire seals, etc) weren't installed, or weren't maintained. The management have a lot of questions to answer.
                                    As do who ever installed the cladding.
                                    The management company and the landlord still levied their charges and rents and purported to offer a safe place to live in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                      I personally did a number of enquiries and rang various state agencies about fire standards in a apt block I was living in. The lack of giving a f**k was scary and only that I was Irish and educated they tolerated my calls. IF I'd been Johnny Foreigner I doubt if I'd have gotten the time of day from them. So this group in the U.K. actually did something and campaigned etc. Fair play to them and if the bad publicity and/or legal case faced by those with responsibility in this UK case causes management companies, councils and fire standard officers to get proactive then they will have done a lot of powerless people a great service.

Clearly this thing has become an obsession for the people behind this blog, and being up at 5am getting the I told you so stuff out there, is suggestive of that but I'd take in the round personally. The power of social media to reset the balance for the little people is one of its huge benefits.
                                      Obviously it had to be released but felt it would have been classier to hold off until later. Something that comprehensive and damning was always going to go viral. Just felt a little uncomfortable reading it as the fire would have been still fully ablaze at that stage and people lives a risk. His tone, large font use of bold just came across slightly jaring and mistimed to me reading it.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

New Taoiseach time.

No 12 in our history. Hopefully he has that most essential of political commodities....luck.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          New Taoiseach time.

No 12 in our history. Hopefully he has that most essential of political commodities....luck.
                                          Decent quip from him tbf.

Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                            Yuriy Boyko and Marc McDonnell 4th and 11th in chips respectively with 14 players left in the millionaire maker. Both guaranteed 68k with 1.2 million for 1st.
                                            There's a stream at 7.30pm with 14 left so at least one should be on it till they hit the FT. Cant find a link though bar a subscription service?

Paging Flushdraw

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                              There's a stream at 7.30pm with 14 left so at least one should be on it till they hit the FT. Cant find a link though bar a subscription service?

Paging Flushdraw
                                              Tried everything to get my hands on a dodgy link, but i think you're snookered unless you subscribe to PokerGo

Comment

Decent quip from him tbf.

Bit ironic from Lovely Leo. :-)

Comment

Comment

Obviously it had to be released but felt it would have been classier to hold off until later. Something that comprehensive and damning was always going to go viral. Just felt a little uncomfortable reading it as the fire would have been still fully ablaze at that stage and people lives a risk. His tone, large font use of bold just came across slightly jaring and mistimed to me reading it.
                                                    Ah, I thought your first post was going with 'the blogger did it' angle.

Comment

Comment

After living on fifth floor of apartment in Spencer Dock, am never going to live more than two stories high again. Waaay too many stories of kids, adults falling off balconies. Even if the probability is extremely low, it's just the thought of the possibility. Try to get low floors in hotels too, but kinda hard to arrange.
                                                        That's dobbyesque levels of thinking m8

Comment

Aug 26th.

McGregor is a genius. Last time we see him fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                            Tried everything to get my hands on a dodgy link, but i think you're snookered unless you subscribe to PokerGo
                                                            Any updates? seeing very little on my twitter feed, whats a good tag?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                              Aug 26th.

Get knocked out, wake up to a $75m cheque, thank everyone for the cheese and live in luxury, sounds like a plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                Aug 26th.

Is he not going through cash at a rate that will have him end up like the other 99% of old fighters?

Comment

Or shock the world and become the most famous man alive.

Comment

1M likes, 30K comments - thenotoriousmma on June 14, 2017: "THE FIGHT IS ON."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      Any updates? seeing very little on my twitter feed, whats a good tag?
                                                                      Marc is 2/10 now - $110k guaranteed for final 9

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                        Get knocked out, wake up to a $75m cheque, thank everyone for the cheese and live in luxury, sounds like a plan.
                                                                        Kinda sad ,would have liked to see him in a few more mma fights
                                                                        Build up will be great,fight will be a joke,and I'm going to be paying for it so WP by him

Comment

75 million how on earth can one fight generate that kind of purse ?
                                                                          They'd need many tens of millions of people to cough up for the ppv

Comment

His fight with pacquiao did 400million in ppv sales

Comment

Think you need a new calculator
                                                                              This will sell at $60 minimum in the states ,think some PPVs are 100$ + over there

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                Think you need a new calculator
                                                                                This will sell at $60 minimum in the states ,think some PPVs are 100$ + over there
                                                                                They'll be 80 or so SD and 100 HD imo, ufc fans pay 60 I think. Boxing can be 100, think maypac was. McGregor is on the all time ppv as an MMA fighter. If both sets of fans fall for it, there's a decent sized crossover fan based, it could break all the records. It will for ticket sales at least.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao; May 2, 2015; 4.6 million buys

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Oscar De La Hoya; May 5, 2007; 2.4 million buys

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Canelo Alvarez; September 14, 2013; 2.2 million buys

Evander Holyfield vs. Mike Tyson; June 28, 1997; 1.99 million buys

Lennox Lewis vs. Mike Tyson; June 8, 2002; 1.97 million buys

Conor McGregor vs. Nick Diaz; August 20, 2016; 1.65 million buys

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir; July 11, 2009; 1.6 million buys

Nick Diaz vs. Conor McGregor; March 5, 2016; 1.6 million buys

Evander Holyfield vs. Mike Tyson; November 9, 1996; 1.59 million buys

Mike Tyson vs. Peter McNeeley; August 19, 1995; 1.55 million buys

Comment

Nick Diaz? Go home Chad your drunk.

Surprised Alavarez didn't do as well considering it was history.

Comment

That is hilarious. Some spectacle. The trash talk will be way better than the fight, that boxing dude can't even read.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                      Marc is 2/10 now - $110k guaranteed for final 9

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/upda...d=15620&dayof=
                                                                                      people looking to watch

SPOILER

edit: which one of yall reported it :]
                                                                                      Last edited by poprock; 14-06-17, 23:39.

Comment

WSOP Marc MacDonnell

SPOILER
                                                                                        Jonathan Gray Eliminated in 7th Place ($184,663)

Hand #35: Marc MacDonnell moved all in from the small blind and Jonathan Gray called for 1,450,000 from the big blind.
                                                                                        Gray was ahead with against MacDonnell's , but the flop came , giving MacDonnell the lead. The turn was the and the river was the . Gray was unable to hit a straight and was eliminated in seventh place.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                          Nick Diaz? Go home Chad your drunk.

Surprised Alavarez didn't do as well considering it was history.
                                                                                          You think I typed and researched all that shit m8. Copy and paste job.

Comment

Is he not going through cash at a rate that will have him end up like the other 99% of old fighters?
                                                                                            I doubt he is spending anything like he claims

Probably getting paid to do have the "look what I bought" stuff

Comment

49-1
                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I'm sure you're all way ahead of me on this, given that these were your recommendations. But the combination of:

1. Excellent coffee beans
                                                                                                2. A coffee grinder, like this one we got following strew's approval
                                                                                                3. An AeroPress (link provided just for those who have been living in the sticks)

... leads to the most amazing coffee and genuinely turns morning time from wanting to bang your head against a wall into a warm upbeat ocassion.

Total setup cost of about a hundred, and then a fiver a week on beans. It is easily the cheapest best thing you can do to make your life better. Thinking of setting up a therapy business where i listen patiently to every clients problems and at the end, irrespective of what has been said, proffer the wise words of 'you should get a better coffee routine'.
                                                                                                checkmate

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Any new folks joining Mintos use YPAZHX as a referral code, you'll get a massive 1% extra of your investments for first 90 days.
                                                                                                  Handy money maker this site for me, #cannotdegen
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Pokernews blocked at work, any more news on Smidge?
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Spent the morning pricing flights and hotels for Vegas, only problem is I've no days left to take at work and my holiday is before it.

Assume tickets will be mental, will justify it since I spent stupid money on a Superbowl ticket and only started watching that.

Most likely wont go but I'll keep it alive for a few days.

Can only imagine as a spectacle it will be awful?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                        Pokernews blocked at work, any more news on Smidge?
                                                                                                        Full result below:

SPOILER
                                                                                                        Final Table Results

Place Player Name Country Prize (USD)
                                                                                                        1 Pablo Mariz Canada $1,221,407
                                                                                                        2 Dejuante Alexander United States $754,499
                                                                                                        3 Alexander Farahi United States $561,530
                                                                                                        4 Marc MacDonnell Ireland $420,805
                                                                                                        5 Bryce Yockey United States $317,544
                                                                                                        6 Yuriy Boyko Ireland $241,303
                                                                                                        7 Jonathan Gray United States $184,663
                                                                                                        8 Thiago Grigoletti Brazil $142,323
                                                                                                        9 Hector Martin United States $110,476

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                          They'll be 80 or so SD and 100 HD imo, ufc fans pay 60 I think. Boxing can be 100, think maypac was. McGregor is on the all time ppv as an MMA fighter. If both sets of fans fall for it, there's a decent sized crossover fan based, it could break all the records. It will for ticket sales at least.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao; May 2, 2015; 4.6 million buys

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Oscar De La Hoya; May 5, 2007; 2.4 million buys

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Canelo Alvarez; September 14, 2013; 2.2 million buys

Evander Holyfield vs. Mike Tyson; June 28, 1997; 1.99 million buys

Lennox Lewis vs. Mike Tyson; June 8, 2002; 1.97 million buys

Conor McGregor vs. Nick Diaz; August 20, 2016; 1.65 million buys

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir; July 11, 2009; 1.6 million buys

Nick Diaz vs. Conor McGregor; March 5, 2016; 1.6 million buys

Evander Holyfield vs. Mike Tyson; November 9, 1996; 1.59 million buys

Mike Tyson vs. Peter McNeeley; August 19, 1995; 1.55 million buys
                                                                                                          Thats some money

So they'll need c.3 million people to pay $100 a head to watch what all the pundits think is more or less

Mencken's adage that No one ever went broke underestimating the stupidity of the general public stands I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                            Full result below:

SPOILER
                                                                                                            Final Table Results

Place Player Name Country Prize (USD)
                                                                                                            1 Pablo Mariz Canada $1,221,407
                                                                                                            2 Dejuante Alexander United States $754,499
                                                                                                            3 Alexander Farahi United States $561,530
                                                                                                            4 Marc MacDonnell Ireland $420,805
                                                                                                            5 Bryce Yockey United States $317,544
                                                                                                            6 Yuriy Boyko Ireland $241,303
                                                                                                            7 Jonathan Gray United States $184,663
                                                                                                            8 Thiago Grigoletti Brazil $142,323
                                                                                                            9 Hector Martin United States $110,476
                                                                                                            Marks bustout was pretty sick
                                                                                                            JJ busted by K9 off

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                              Smidge = Padriag O'Neill

Marc McDonnell = Marc McDonnell
                                                                                                              Ya, I was wondering if Padraig was deep in an event too or just Andy being wrong. Could still be either I guess, but far more likely to be the latter.

Comment

Smidge = Padriag O'Neill

Marc McDonnell = Marc McDonnell
                                                                                                                Oops. I meant Sluglife obvs.
                                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Smidge = Padriag O'Neill

sluglife = Marc McDonnell
                                                                                                                  FYP

Possibly where he got the confusion from

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                                    Spent the morning pricing flights and hotels for Vegas, only problem is I've no days left to take at work and my holiday is before it.

Assume tickets will be mental, will justify it since I spent stupid money on a Superbowl ticket and only started watching that.

Most likely wont go but I'll keep it alive for a few days.

Can only imagine as a spectacle it will be awful?
                                                                                                                    My house mate and his mates booked a summer holiday about 3/4 weeks ago. They included a week in Vegas in the trip. Now they find out they'll be there when the fight is supposed to be on. He's a massive MMA/MCG fan and has been creaming himself since yesterday with excitement. Tickets is another thing

Comment

First past the post really is an incredible electoral system. Theresa May achieved what is usually the primary objective in any election and still comes out as a loser - the Tory share of the vote at 42.4 was the highest since 1979.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                        My house mate and his mates booked a summer holiday about 3/4 weeks ago. They included a week in Vegas in the trip. Now they find out they'll be there when the fight is supposed to be on. He's a massive MMA/MCG fan and has been creaming himself since yesterday with excitement. Tickets is another thing
                                                                                                                        Worked out very well for him indeed.

Wouldn't even know where to start with tickets.

Won't be on UFC Fight club anyway.

Comment

The cheapest tickets will be multiple thousands.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X