Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Wife got the same thing just last week, although waiting on the colposcopy to confirm the state. Shouldn't be too much of a risk at this stage as she had full check five years ago and seemingly its ridiculously unusual for it to progress to something dangerous within five years. HPV also.

Sister-in-law just had emergency surgery last month for the same thing. The at-risk score had exploded from a slightly-dangerous number to something huge in the space of about a month of waiting for the surgery.

What crazy person would expose their kid to growing up to those risks.
    Pregnancy can accelerate it. My friend had been checked a year before falling pregnant, at the six week check it was discovered it was stage three. She got treatment and is fine. Was 20 years ago now

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
    Who are we piling on next? Dobby got told what to do about work by half the forum, MSN ably took the baton from MrsFD with the anti-vax and got reefed out of it (MVP Courriercollie for going too far).

How about Jbravado when he tests negative and admits his symptoms didn't include fever or cough?
    I really have no idea what you are meaning about me???

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      I notice the Mads Mikelsen Carlsberg handshake ad completed disappeared sometime last week. I wonder if there's a procedure for getting these things pulled.
      Mads gets a dispensation. Cool guy.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Given a rough guide to self diagnosis there by company law guy

Fever like your on fire, sore throat and difficulty breathing

If you can comfortably hold your breath for over 10 seconds your more than likely ok

Comment

Macron: 'We are at war'.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
            Sent you a PM, can't believe I list a prob bet to someone who doesn't know his own IBAN!!
            You're right I'm a bigger dickhead mea culpa. No wonder I'm busto and the kids are hungry that's never changing unless I send the right deets. Ship the loots before you die 😃

Comment

Originally posted by Skankhunt42 View Post
              Macron: 'We are at war'.
              Later that day

Macron: 'We unconditionally surrender'.

sorry shrap

Comment

Some shade

Comment

The Venetian :facepalm:

Comment

Trump finally coming to terms with reality (if an optimistic version).

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                      Some shade
                      So good.

There was a doc who posted a video yesterday and he basically said the WHO were scolding the UK in their own diplomatic way.

That there is "My god, you idiots"
                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

How the hell can they continue with contract tracing when it hits 10k, as predicted by month end.

At what stage do they stop testing ?
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          One thing that is incredibly, jarringly incongruous right now.

Advertising.
                          My favourite is the government sponsored anti prostitution ad they have running on radio all the time, fairly unnecessary at the moment! I'm amazed they haven't changed them for some covid related message.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            My favourite is the government sponsored anti prostitution ad they have running on radio all the time, fairly unnecessary at the moment! I'm amazed they haven't changed them for some covid related message.
                            It isn't called the oldest profession for nothing. You can be sure they will be, ahem, servicing their clients needs, all the way through this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Well I mean a brothel would be a fairly good place to catch it you'd imagine.
                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                Given a rough guide to self diagnosis there by company law guy

Fever like your on fire, sore throat and difficulty breathing

If you can comfortably hold your breath for over 10 seconds your more than likely ok

that's absolute bolloxology.
                                was also the same line geraldo riveria was peddling on fox the other day
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Putting kids to bed can someone post todays figures if announced in next while?

Comment

France fully locks down from midday tomorrow. We arrived two hours ago in our countryside retreat replete with tennis court, trampoline, table tennis table, and a boatload of board games. Assuming we don't have corona, and there's zero signs of that, that was some escape as two kids in a 60sq metre apartment for the foreseeable future would be a nightmare.
                                      Nice one, where did you escape to?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                        Pushed further back till 21.00
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          sp500 down another 12%

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                            I really have no idea what you are meaning about me???
                                            You were anti-vax.

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                            Well I mean a brothel would be a fairly good place to catch it you'd imagine.
                                            I was reading about Germany's response (because I assume they are doing it right) and in the first article I read about things closing in Berlin brothels was the third thing mentioned.

Comment

Thought Leo was very good in that briefing. The speech appealing to all retired doctors, nurses and health professionals along with student nurses/doctors to come forward and work as they are needed was a little spinetingling. The guy even used the phrase, your country needs you.

Opr

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Out in the countryside near Laval. Grand place.
                                                  Ah, for some reason I thought you were going to the Loire. Had some good holidays more or less 80km directly south of where you are.

Not the best food region of France though imo. Which reminds me If I order food off somewhere like this, what are the odds on it actually making it here at present?

Comment

English people

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

France fully locks down from midday tomorrow. We arrived two hours ago in our countryside retreat replete with tennis court, trampoline, table tennis table, and a boatload of board games. Assuming we don't have corona, and there's zero signs of that, that was some escape as two kids in a 60sq metre apartment for the foreseeable future would be a nightmare.
                                                      Well, Ill be the first to say it.

You Bastard!

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                        Thought Leo was very good in that briefing. The speech appealing to all retired doctors, nurses and health professionals along with student nurses/doctors to come forward and work as they are needed was a little spinetingling. The guy even used the phrase, your country needs you.

Opr
                                                        in similar bedtime routine to Dice.
                                                        Is this available anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                          You were anti-vax.

I was reading about Germany's response (because I assume they are doing it right) and in the first article I read about things closing in Berlin brothels was the third thing mentioned.
                                                          I have never been anti vax. I am the exact opposite. I did state a few years ago that I was not letting my eldest get the 3rd part of the HPV vaccine, but that was nothing to do do with my opinion. She took a terrible reaction to it because of her Long QT Syndrome and the Drs agreed it was too dangerous to give the last part. I was called away from college as she was so bad.

All my kids have had every vaccination they have been due. So other than the above story, I have never ever said I was anti vax.

Here is what I said before at the time...

She isn't allowed to get it, it wasn't my decision. It was deemed dangerous to her because of her heart condition and because she is not allowed certain drugs which would be needed with a severe reaction.

So I am not stupid...

I actually think that I said in the very first post I mentioned it that she was not allowed to get it. The medical staff who were at school administering it called me as they were terrified with the way she reacted to the second one. The deemed it not safe to go further.

Actually just noticed the last bit. Cardiologists are FAR from idiots... but if you fancy a walk to Crumlin and check with Terry Prendeville and tell him your thoughts work away

This is from a Government site

"Is there anyone who should not get an HPV vaccine?

Some people should not get the HPV vaccine or should wait.

Anyone who has ever had a life-threatening allergic reaction to any component of HPV vaccine, or to a previous dose of HPV vaccine, should not get the vaccine.
                                                          If you or your child is considering receiving Gardasil 9 or Gardasil, tell your doctor about any severe allergies, including an allergy to yeast.
                                                          If you or your child is considering receiving Cervarix, tell your doctor about any severe allergies, including an allergy to latex.
                                                          HPV vaccine is not recommended for pregnant women. However, receiving HPV vaccine when pregnant is not cause for alarm. Women who are breastfeeding may get the vaccine.
                                                          People who are mildly ill (low-grade fever of less than 101 degrees, a cold, runny nose, or cough) when a dose of HPV vaccine is planned can still be vaccinated. People with a moderate or severe illness should wait until they are better."
                                                          Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 16-03-20, 21:01.

Comment

54 new cases. Broadly on the 27% growth rate we've shown so far.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                              54 new cases. Broadly on the 27% growth rate we've shown so far.
                                                              I thought a bigger increase but in effect we won't see the increase from broader testing measures for another couple of days.

15k cases sounds very high relative to other countries, I hope we don't reach that as we'll be under significant pressure then.

Comment

We're exactly on course to hit 13-15k by the end of the month. Hopefully the measures we've taken will lower the exponent before then. Trend is showing the UK to have hit Italy's death count in 8.5 days.

Comment

That was just a lousy post by me all ways up then. Sorry MrsFD and sorry JBravado.

Comment

Westworld started back tonight. Might give it a few episodes before getting back into it, as I got a bit lost last season watching it week by week!

Comment

Boys in Green on RTE 1.
                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Netflix: Explained, season 2, ep 4...the next pandemic, only 20 mins but well worth a watch.
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

the opened up the oasis pub in Cabra
                                                                          video doing the rounds of the ERU shutting it down.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                            the opened up the oasis pub in Cabra
                                                                            video doing the rounds of the ERU shutting it down.
                                                                            You need somewhere to ride your horse during a lock down...

Comment

Never really liked Hotspur. Never knew why, still don't know why.

Probably a carry over from WW.

Anyway top recommendation on Kingdom. I've been watching it all day.

Great stuff.

Comment

Never really liked Hotspur. Never knew why, still don't know why.

Probably a carry over from WW.

Anyway top recommendation on Kingdom. I've been watching it all day.

Great stuff.

Comment

on a lighter note....

Comment

on a lighter note....

on a not light note ,people really need to lie about anything at all times either important or not
                                                                                    that meeting is from ages ago

Comment

Claire Byrne live is fascinating viewing at the moment
                                                                                      Harris is playing a blinder for a fella visibly exhausted

Comment

Originally posted by noname1255 View Post
                                                                                        on a not light note ,people really need to lie about anything at all times either important or not
                                                                                        that meeting is from ages ago
                                                                                        ah ballax

Comment

ah ballax
                                                                                          And noises added in...u feverish DP ? ?
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Classified as high risk too due to underlying illness I believe.

Benchmarking vs Trump & Boris (low bar accepted) our leadership team have been excellent.

Honest, articulate and believable.

Comment

ah ballax
                                                                                              Trump tweeted that about a month ago.

Ladies and gentlemen, the president of The United States of America.............................. tweeted a fart
                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Got a trial version of Poker Tracker up and running and ran through 1500 hands there. Real blast from the past. Is there one book someone out of the game a decade should read? I think I'll be playing a fair bit the next few weeks!
                                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Game hasn't changed in any way
                                                                                                  since the glory days of
                                                                                                  Monday Madness in the Jackpot.

Just jam anything soooooted!

A freeroll with unlimited €5 re-buys,
                                                                                                  happy memories.

Still in contact with Jeff?

Comment

So the good people at boards verified that consultant doctor is genuine and got him to do an AMA.

Answer thread

Answers from our AMA guest to questions asked in the Questions thread. Please only post your questions in the dedicated thread here.

Comment

It seems the Dutch & the Swedes have decided to take a similar approach to the UK in tackling the virus with the herd immunity approach.

As soon as you see those countries following suit, it makes you wonder if there is some validity to the approach.

The lead Swedish epidemiologist has criticised some other Scandinavian countries for closing borders. To date, there are no closures of schools or organised children's sport.

Comment

that's absolute bolloxology.
                                                                                                        was also the same line geraldo riveria was peddling on fox the other day
                                                                                                        He didn't say don't have it, he said you should be ok

However if it also came from Riverias mouth...
                                                                                                        If Riveria told me I was from Sligo, I'd start giving myself abuse for being a roaster from Roscommon

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                          Got a trial version of Poker Tracker up and running and ran through 1500 hands there. Real blast from the past. Is there one book someone out of the game a decade should read? I think I'll be playing a fair bit the next few weeks!
                                                                                                          I'd say watch some of the streams, varying degrees of ability but you will see the current trends very quickly and as someone isnt saying this is why I'm doing this you will have to think about it yourself a bit which is good.
                                                                                                          Loads of pretty amazing actual practical lab stuff you can do. Upswing poker pretty great.

Comment

Pretty grim over here in Malta. Mainly due to the fact I work in a hotel. To see a beautiful place go like this tough. We are still all being paid, I am only working days till the end of the month, we are taking turns.

It really is weird when we go in, I am the only one really busy as the finances still have to be done and are very important now. I can't imagine how the owner is coping since we have an English Language school as well as two other hotels. The school had to close last week as per government guidelines and we are down to the few guests that haven't managed to get a flight home yet.

Worried financially obviously as I doubt we will get paid all the way through this, rents are to be paid etc and life has to continue.

To top it off, I got the procedure on my hip 10 days ago and it didn't work. Still in pain after having a fall at ballet class 3 years ago. And the Electrophysiologist is wanting me to get a ILR (Loop recorder) inserted into my heart as I said yes to the "Do you ever still get palpatations?" questions.

I know it isn't huge surgery, but still scary. I might wait to see how this pandemic plays out!

I had Pneumonia as a child, have hypertension and Long QT. I am terrified of catching this as I am high risk, Lucie is as well with her heart.

Tough times all!

I hope you are ok Eoghan, must be tough. Did you get the all-clear Jbravado?

It takes 7 hours for results here after testing. Had a guest with a child with a temp and a cough. Had to keep it quiet and them in quarantine till the guys came and tested her. It was all fine though thankfully or I was in the hotel for 2 weeks on lockdown!

Comment

Covid WW game starting soon over on Boards

I suggested it and it is happening soon. If we get lots of players, I may resign to the gory stories bench where I can do lovely deaths for you all

I'm hoping we have numbers to do a 19 person game. Sign up below. We start when we have enough players.

Comment

When the doctor in New York was like “I sent your office an email 2 days ago and haven’t had a response” Harris replies with “well, we have been a little busy” and dealt with it so well. But Jesus he looks like a man doing 20 hour days under immense pressure.

Also, the barefaced neck of that doctor thinking a random email asking about getting clearance to come home and work sent to the Minister for Health’s office during a bloody pandemic would get an urgent reply.
                                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                  When the doctor in New York was like “I sent your office an email 2 days ago and haven’t had a response” Harris replies with “well, we have been a little busy” and dealt with it so well. But Jesus he looks like a man doing 20 hour days under immense pressure.

Also, the barefaced neck of that doctor thinking a random email asking about getting clearance to come home and work sent to the Minister for Health’s office during a bloody pandemic would get an urgent reply.
                                                                                                                  Yeah, I thought that guy was an absolute dick. Harris handled really well.
                                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Set up some old fashioned home games tonight

$11 @ 8
                                                                                                                    $22 @ 8.30
                                                                                                                    $22 rebuy @ 9

POKERSTARS

Cash tables aswell. No idea if they will run but be good craic to get the band back together

CLUB ID : #3216682

Invitation code : 12345678
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Wesley Harms; 17-03-20, 11:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                                                                      Set up some old fashioned home games tonight

$11 @ 8
                                                                                                                      $22 @ 8.30
                                                                                                                      $22 rebuy @ 9

Cash tables aswell. No idea if they will run but be good craic to get the band back together

CLUB ID : #3216682

Invitation code : 12345678
                                                                                                                      Inski. Is alcohol allowed at the tables?

Comment

This on Stars? Flushdraw used to set up a series, loads of the formats, was always great craic. Could be good for morale. No results yet

Comment

Genius

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X