Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

120!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      I can't believe that anyone is in the least bit surprised by this, I mean what other possible logic is there to the decision

Well that and the fact a lot of Yanks don't consider UK and Ireland as Europe. Just a Europe ban with not much else thought I'd imagine.
      airport, lol

Comment

Ridiculous scenes in Tesco Naas.

There is a video from Kildare Weather page on facefuck showing queues of trollies >100 long

People are very stupid
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Couldn't be more ridiculous than these people:

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
            Forgot what a shit show web conferences/calls can be, heavy breathing central
            People who don’t adhere to the mute unless your talking rule are the worst.

Comment

Looking to get my driving licence soon, any tips for driving schools or any tutorials/help for the theory test greatly appreciated.
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

No need Tyler. Zombie apocolypse.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                  PSV spot on about Cheltenham tbf
                  Empty the clip ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                    Empty the clip ?
                    Jeez haven't bet with my own money for years!

Comment

Was paying for a bet today and actually put the tax coinage on the counter with the stake.

Hmmm early Alzheimers?

Comment

Anyone who thinks Cheltenham going on tomorrow is ok should get their fucking head examined.

Idiots. Every single one of them. Idiots. Anyone who goes there. Anyone who is involved with the organising. Every one of them is a fool.
                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                          Was paying for a bet today and actually put the tax coinage on the counter with the stake.

Hmmm early Alzheimers?
                          Early?

Comment

Very impressive response here in Riyadh from Saudi Arabia so far.

Imposed huge travel restrictions as early as possible, suspended public gatherings, cinemas, all sporting events very early, and closed school and universities. All while official cases were in low double digits.

In turn, they have started a price war to cement their position of global dominance in the oil market, and bury their arch enemy who are completely ravaged by Coronavirus, all while taking advantage of the old good time to bury bad news strategy by arresting four senior princes including one with a genuine claim to the throne.

MBS clear crisis MVP so far.

Comment

27 new cases and one new death apparently - Can't help feeling that this will spiral over the next few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                I have a friend getting married here next month and she's very panicked at the possibility of the wedding being cancelled. I don't think so but who knows.

We're going to NYC in October and if the US fails to get it under control over the next few months I'm fearful that Trump will have banned all travel to the US for quite a while longer than necessary, possibly in the lead up to the election.

I think you'll be fine to go though.
                                I'm getting married 9 weeks from today and our wedding venue reached out to us the other day to say that they'll work with us in regards to anything happening with the Coronavirus which is good.

On a personal note I'd a bunch of poker work booked in for EPT Monte Carlo & WSOP this year, high possibility that both might not go ahead.

I'd gotten word a couple weeks back to say my contract was in the process which had alievated a bunch of my worries to paying for our wedding, to say I was devastated yesterday was an understatement when I heard the news.
                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                  27 new cases and one new death apparently - Can't help feeling that this will spiral over the next few days.
                                  Yea the trend looks like 1000 cases by March 24th or so.

Comment

UK seem determined to achieve the highest death toll possible.
                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Due to head to Manchester with young lads football team tomorrow - due to visit Old Trafford and watch match at City vs Burnley. Was optimistic Brits would follow suit and enable some sort of lockdown meaning travel company could recoup/reorganise. Thats fecked now and looks like its going ahead.

Head hurting as 75 yo mother lives with us and suffers with lung disease.

Comment

Credit where its due to shut things down now though. May be late, but every day seems to count.
                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                            Credit where its due to shut things down now though. May be late, but every day seems to count.
                                            I knew we’d reach this point and do it anyway and ideally we’d have done it earlier - it was always a massive economic hit either way. But glad we’ve done it nonetheless. Better late than never
                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                              re: Cheltenham shouldn't have gone ahead. What's the view on the London Tube system being open?
                                              The ability and capacity to keep a large metropolis moving is different to a sporting event that does not need to go ahead. There are acceptable risks and unacceptable risks. The Tube might be unacceptable. But Cheltenham is DEFINITELY unacceptable.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                  I knew we’d reach this point and do it anyway and ideally we’d have done it earlier - it was always a massive economic hit either way. But glad we’ve done it nonetheless. Better late than never
                                                  Im trying to convince the missus it'll be like it is there here very soon. We might as well get ahead of it a small bit, and not be rushing and panicking.

I'm working from home indefinitely and have her glanning the lamh in a major way when she comes in the door.

My company are currently going into full crisis mode given the HQ is literally dead centre of silicon valley.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                    The logic ran that the shutdown was going to be extended and that people would start to get fed up with it as it wore on so only initiating it when it would do the most good while minimising the total length of the shutdown made sense.

I suspect the sudden jump in identified numbers per day and the deaths were the trigger to move to the next phase and shut down most of public life.

That being said the courts are still open. So fuck that.

Comment

Yeah quarantine fatigue is a reasonable reason to delay.

Wuhan was shut down with 400 new cases in a day and did well containing after that (if you believe the data).

We have gotten a jump on it. Now to keep the foot on the throat.

Comment

re: Cheltenham shouldn't have gone ahead. What's the view on the London Tube system being open?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Please tell me what the crowd attending the 2016 opening day of Cheltenham have got to do with Coronavirus?

SPOILER
                                                                [Thats Altior beating Min and Buveur D'air in the Arkle, the signage includes sponsors not active in the current year - but fuck it yea - sure if it's on Social Media then it's true]
                                                                You might be slightly missing the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                  The man can deliver the big speech on the night. Thought that was brilliant. Lovely level of pathos.
                                                                  Everything sounds better in French though

Comment

Comment

Ah come on with the conspiracy theories. They are working with WHO and it would be extremely obvious if there were more than the 20 new cases a day that they are reporting. They have a massive twitter-type community where any dodgy data would immediately come out - that's where the original news about the virus emerged.
                                                                      It's fair to have immediate questions around the validity of the data.

I think youre largely right though that as time has passed, the questions have slowly dissipated but they're not as forthcoming as other nations. That data Sean shared earlier doesn't contain China as there are no official sources.

The quality of the data is likely fine but FWIW they've let multiple agencies into Xinjiang to dispel questions when we all know it's clearly a mass internment zone.

Comment

Please tell me what the crowd attending the 2016 opening day of Cheltenham have got to do with Coronavirus?

SPOILER
                                                                        [Thats Altior beating Min and Buveur D'air in the Arkle, the signage includes sponsors not active in the current year - but fuck it yea - sure if it's on Social Media then it's true]
                                                                        Stealing this to correct some people I've seen posting it and hopefully wind them up. Ty

Comment

Comment

Comment

Rather awkwardly they've just announced the tube is shutting from tomorrow morning for three weeks,
                                                                              Where did you see that? All I could find is ASLEF voting to strike over pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                Had a night away booked in a Wexford hotel for tomorrow night. Cancelled it.
                                                                                Trying and failing miserably to convince me mam and dad to cancel a weekend in the killashee.
                                                                                At this stage I'm just hoping they have the place to themselves
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The reason we can trust the covid numbers is that everyone massively cares about this. There's zero change anyone is hiding it as it would create mass panic if caught and you can't hide whats happening in every hospital.
                                                                                  I don't disagree with you per se but I can completely understand why people are not quite as trustworthy of the relevant data.

For example, in recent months, they have detained those spreading accurate information on the virus.

IMO, it's fair to question the validity but as I said, I tend to agree that it's likely spot on at this stage.

Comment

...

Comment

fcker sent me the story on whatapp with a link. never clicked on the link obv. Just opened it now and its actually a link to a picture of a very large black dick.
                                                                                      Aul Switcheroo caught me with one of those recently on a widescreen sitting beside the CTO

Comment

Ah come on with the conspiracy theories. They are working with WHO and it would be extremely obvious if there were more than the 20 new cases a day that they are reporting. They have a massive twitter-type community where any dodgy data would immediately come out - that's where the original news about the virus emerged.
                                                                                        I didnt know it was a conspiracy theory. Im just skeptical of any data from china. Suppose you have a point though re twitter/who shrewdies.

Comment

Nm

Comment

fcker sent me the story on whatapp with a link. never clicked on the link obv. Just opened it now and its actually a link to a picture of a very large black dick.
                                                                                            Ah that old dick. Pro Tip, use the whatsapp desktop version and it crops more of the pic so you see the dick before you open it.

I mean, you still see the dick so its not really a pro tip but at least you know you didnt open it like a sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                              Ah that old dick.
                                                                                              God be with the days when Rick Astley was the worst thing you were tricked into clicking onto.

Comment

Betting companies gonna be ramming casino ads down our throats when all the sport is postponed.

Comment

Just ordered €400 of largely canned goods and now going to forget about the whole thing. Delivery tomorrow. But Macron is giving a big speech tonight and I guess the real panic starts then.
                                                                                                  I have hundreds of cans of these soups (really they are more like stews) of different varieties laying around in general, due to lunch laziness. As they are very healthy, tasty and cheap. Doomsday prepped by default.

I don't think Cheltenham should have went ahead. But I say that today with todays information. 10 days ago I didn't see a problem. 5 days ago I didn't see a problem. I even went over yesterday for a day trip myself and it wasn't until I hit the airport yesterday morning that the gravity of the situation truly hit me. It hit me further as I moved my way around the racecourse yesterday. The problem is with the after dinner speaking from people that expect decisions of 10 days ago to have been made with todays information.

My point re: Tube is that Cheltenham and the majority of UK sporting events were taking their lead from the Government, their instruction was keep kicking. The relative point is that Cheltenham would have been a tokenistic sacrificial lamb on the periphery of what is happening every day in London. 60,000 or so people in the open air in the west country compared to 250k people on the tube daily. By all means take measures but start at the bullseye and work outwards.

My dad went over to Cheltenham on Tuesday and returns tomorrow and I am honestly shitting it for him. He is 70, a diabetic, overweight, pacemaker, 10 or so stents in the valves of his heart. If he get's it he is dead.

Anyway, just my thoughts, thought id write them to confirm for you that I R Smart
                                                                                                  We had today's information 10 days ago. Only what people did with that in their minds varied.

Even when people initially saw the length of incubation and the contagiousness of this from the start they should know that unless the really unlikely happens it will spread all over the place.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 12-03-20, 21:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                                                                    Due to head to Manchester with young lads football team tomorrow - due to visit Old Trafford and watch match at City vs Burnley. Was optimistic Brits would follow suit and enable some sort of lockdown meaning travel company could recoup/reorganise. Thats fecked now and looks like its going ahead.

Head hurting as 75 yo mother lives with us and suffers with lung disease.
                                                                                                    Seriously, just don't go.

It's in no way essential travel and you can go to see City play a shit team next season when they have a chance of winning the league and will be proper up for it. It'll be a much better game for the kids to watch.

In other news, I just went through Ranelagh and

Host - absolutely packed
                                                                                                    Rita's - absolutely packed
                                                                                                    Exchequer - packed
                                                                                                    Kinara - couldn't see in properly but looked busy
                                                                                                    Mario's - 3/4 full
                                                                                                    Dillingers - packed
                                                                                                    Tribecca - 3/4 full
                                                                                                    Butchers Grill - absolutely packed
                                                                                                    Nightmarket - absolutely packed
                                                                                                    Pizza Yard - 1/2 full which is a feat as it's shit
                                                                                                    Cinnamon - a handful of people but it always is for dinner, it's only busy for lunch/brunch
                                                                                                    Milanos - about a dozen people in it which is the most I've seen in there in about 6 years as it's an absolute shit hole.

So much for the social distancing!

And yes, before anyone asks, there is a difference between packed and absolutely packed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion
                                                                                                      We had today's information 10 days ago.
                                                                                                      That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever read.

Comment

I have a few choice twitter accounts from here for you to follow if so!

Comment

Tar clearly took the soup.
                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Cancelled my gym membership today. Went last Sunday, as it's normally one of the quietest days, and it was quite packed. Like no way you were keeping a 1m distance to the next person. 18 months there was a longer run than I would ever have expected, think I'll have to get into outdoor stuff now.

Comment

The gyms around me have shut down. So has my climbing centre essentially, and probably my dance school, and the places where I play football. We also had to halt the boardgames meetup I run.

My workplace is now working from home until further notice, most of my friends have been working from home for over a week (but how could they have known?!) now as they are tech places too.

Comment

I don't think Cheltenham should have went ahead. But I say that today with todays information. 10 days ago I didn't see a problem. 5 days ago I didn't see a problem.
                                                                                                                No offence but if you didn’t see a problem 5 days ago you can be helped, we did have the info available at that stage to know it should have been cancelled
                                                                                                                I assume there was advice given to the organisers that cancelling would be a good idea which the chose to ignore because money.
                                                                                                                Calls were being made last week to cancel Patrick’s day and government finally caved on Monday so the idea of large events not being a good idea has been firmly in the public’s mind.
                                                                                                                Authorities and the public at large have had the benefit of hindsight in advance thanks to how it has spread in other countries
                                                                                                                Unfortunately the pre existing narcissism pandemic is making this thing worse

Comment

And yes football games should have been cancelled too but Cheltenham is jus worse on so many levels especially for Ireland

Comment

I heard this evening that my work will have office staff grab from the canteen and go back to their desks, and folks on production floor, me, will take their breaks in 15 min shifts, with 2 m spacing between them, most of the chairs removed from the canteen, no cash transactions either. Not too bad on nights but absolute chaos i can imagine on days. Canteen is an absolute joke as it is, seriously undersized for the amount of people there, >1000.

The car for my breaks i think !
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Ohio health service have come out and said they think 100,000 people in Ohio have it by now, based off CDC report estimations.
                                                                                                                      They only have 5 confirmed cases, so lets see how that estimation pans out heh.

Comment

In Italy they are now taking 40 year olds off ventilators in favour of 30 year olds, jeez that is rough.

Comment

No offence but if you didn’t see a problem 5 days ago you can be helped, we did have the info available at that stage to know it should have been cancelled
                                                                                                                          Bollocks, complete and utter self aggrandising bullshit. We get that you hate people who like things you don't like and are foaming at the mouth to get a lynch mob going.

Calls were being made last week to cancel Patrick’s day and government finally caved on Monday so the idea of large events not being a good idea has been firmly in the public’s mind.
                                                                                                                          You are guessing that you know better than the people whose job it is to plan and execute the best response to the epidemic.
                                                                                                                          You are just as informed and ignorant as the imbiciles fighting over jacks roll in Lidl.

The fact is that the Government are taking their decisions from the DoH experts and not from spanners like you and the gobshites on the line to Joe

I assume there was advice given to the organisers that cancelling would be a good idea which the chose to ignore because money.
                                                                                                                          You assume wrong. Up until last Monday night the jockey club were in consultation with the Government and those contacts were ongoing today.

Add another layer to your tinfoil hat.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X