Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Bit of a fright felling just under my left breast. What's this ? One of those ecg tabs left on. Thought my skin had turned to plastic.

Comment

It would have been easier walk into the ulster Bank today and threaten girl behind the counter for 50k than it was to get 25 valium off my doctor.

Once again though I won with my Oscar worthy performance
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
          It would have been easier walk into the ulster Bank today and threaten girl behind the counter for 50k than it was to get 25 valium off my doctor.

Do you really need it Ms Nav? Can't be at all good for you long term.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

Probably just an addiction at this stage m8

Comment

Some last 5 mins at the Emirates.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  Some last 5 mins at the Emirates.
                  Worst performance since Arteta took over. Defending from set pieces especially was horrific. Of all the people you want that last ditch chance to fall to it, you would pick Aubameyang too, sigh.

At least we can focus on the league, and finishing top 4, top 6, top half, fighting relegation.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Do you really need it Ms Nav? Can't be at all good for you long term.
                      No acc to doc I need lexapro but I'm not depressed...

But acc to her 5 yrs on benxo ain't good. And lexapro better option fml was never on an anti depression pill in my life
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Ooh, Altered Carbon is back!!
                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                          ...Won 2 VIP hospitality tickets to the Ireland Italy Rugby match...I'm hoping I'll be fine as I'm in a VIP area away from all the peasants that have coronavirus... Also comes with a night in hotel in ballsbridge, although apart from a breakfast included I couldn't be arsed doing the hotel in Dublin...
                          ...F...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            You can't just stop taking it either. Needs quite a lengthy taper down schedule unless you are already on min dose.

@satnav stopped taking any pills a while back, but remember the doc at one point gave me a modern alternative to benzos. Said its core advantage was that it worked the same way but wasn't addictive. Can't for the life of me remember the name, maybe Vertran, or something like that.
                            I'm 100% not addicted. Do 3 days, without have a really anxious day may need 2. I take less than 25 a month but my anxiety comes from nowhere and they take it away. But doc was so good and convincing I'm thinking of taking her advice on lexapro.

I've hormonal issues all over the shop, so bad I took a week off work in 4.5 yrs
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ugh. Lexapro is a dodgy one. Isn't it more for long-term depression?
                                  Not according to her....

Dunno upon googling doesn't seem too bad.
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Yeah Lexapro isn't just for depression. They are preferring to use other things rather than xanax etc these days it seems, addictive I guess.

Comment

Shouldn't have looked at pension balance really, should I. Down more than a decent new car.

Comment

Getting more durty feckerss washing their hands is a good side effect of this

Comment

Comment

mortality rates look interesting for covid so far:

0% for under 10s
                                              0.2% for under 40s
                                              3.6% for over 60s
                                              over 80s is a whopping 15%

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

0% for under 10s
                                                0.2% for under 40s
                                                3.6% for over 60s
                                                Seeing as we are talking pensions, sorta, that might help out out with the demographic time bomb

Comment

0% for under 10s
                                                  0.2% for under 40s
                                                  3.6% for over 60s
                                                  What % is it for the 40 - 60 age group?
                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                    What % is it for the 40 - 60 age group?
                                                    here's the full table

Comment

0% for under 10s
                                                      0.2% for under 40s
                                                      3.6% for over 60s
                                                      Think all these figures are based on a % of those who were actually diagnosed with it. But I'd imagine most people with the sniffles wouldn't bother going to the docs so figures are wildly skewed towards it being more severe.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

It's skewed in all sorts of ways. Early on a lot of the deaths weren't being diagnosed as the virus.

I told my parents a way back to be prepared to have to stay indoors for a couple of weeks. For my myself I'm just worried about a bit of inconvience.

Shouldn't have looked at pension balance really, should I. Down more than a decent new car.

Yeah I was thinking to myself earlier on in the year that after last years gains, % moves were now actually meaningful amounts.

I think we'll rebound quickly once the worst has passed, MSFT isn't worth 15% less than it was a few weeks ago. And the big bazookas will be coming out soon.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                            Think all these figures are based on a % of those who were actually diagnosed with it. But I'd imagine most people with the sniffles wouldn't bother going to the docs so figures are wildly skewed towards it being more severe.
                                                            They should be taken with a pinch of salt, but they're still a good indicator. Report is pretty clear about the assumptions, and some regions may be overestimated, whilst others are underestimated.

Comment

Comment

They likely are skewed, but are still useful for identifying at risk groups. Comforting to know small kids are unaffected.
                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I read a seemingly sane analysis earlier with a health prof from Harvard saying its not unreasonable to expect a global 50-70% infection rate. Those 0.4% mortality rates really start to add up then. E.g. between this board and our families and friends there's maybe a few thousand. At a random guess 5000. Just amongst our average age then it's about 20 deaths from those 5000. It's quite a lot. Solks seems on the way out, but it's still 19 more after him.
                                                                  surely you're next with that dodgy valve?

down to 18

Comment

Comment

Anyone in for a last longer?

Comment

Pension tontine.

buy buy buy!

Comment

here's the full table
                                                                          still in the 0.2 range
                                                                          /humblebrag
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

surely you're next with that dodgy valve?

down to 18
                                                                            Yeah I'm wary of getting the regular flu (got the vaccine the last 2 years), Pretty sure I'd be fucked with anything more serious.
                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

So CC, Hitch and Solks gone

presumably Shraaap too as his genes will just surrender at the first sign of a virus

Comment

If it gets to be widespread in the community its likely to derail the homecare arrangements I have in place for my father, he's a few months short of 90 so if he was to pick it up it's going to be very tough for him to recover.
                                                                                I'm afraid to ask the homecare provider what their plans would be for an epidemic but I have a bad feeling they will go for drastic measures like withdrawing service. If I was to pick it up it would be a complete mess.
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

presumably Shraaap too as his genes will just surrender at the first sign of a virus
                                                                                  not a chance. locked away in a bunker with tins upon tins of cassoulet and confit.

we'll blame the virus on getting fat

Comment

...

Comment

Why so? When I was speaking to the surgeon this week he says you return to a fully normal life after the new valve, no medication. I guess your one is different then?
                                                                                      Never actually asked why I'm immunocompromised, but when you have to take 8 different medications for ever you're probably unlikely to be healthy in most senses of the word.

Comment

...

Comment

Sorry to disappoint but turns out I'm a healthy ox with a muscular issue still have to do a stress test to 100% rule out minor ticker issue but told I can go jogging etc.

I'm still here baby.

Comment

Fairly Neo-Malthusian in here today.
                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

not a chance. locked away in a bunker with tins upon tins of cassoulet and confit.

we'll blame the virus on getting fat
                                                                                              Join the resistance

Comment

Beans update
                                                                                                Heinz 4 packs 3.49 in Lidl , having a laugh, plenty left not surprised at that price
                                                                                                We are going to be a Newgate family for this crisis

Comment

Have 2 tix for Fleetmac Wood in the Bernard Shaw tonight if anyone can use em? Am sick as a small hospital or would be drinking my way in that direction right now.
                                                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Arguably the best volley technique I've ever seen

Profit before people.

Comment

Class. Thought it was a header when I saw it out of the corner of my eye.

Comment

Do you have his one from last week ? Didn't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                          https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020...virus-ireland/

FFS RTE, Denny Crane from IPB has been saying that for ages.
                                                                                                          Sure McWilliams has been browsing here robbing my political analysis
                                                                                                          David McWilliams: ‘I’m all right Jack’ politics has fuelled the rise of Sinn Féin
                                                                                                          via The Irish Times

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                            Do you have his one from last week ? Didn't see it.
                                                                                                            60 secs into that. Some left peg

Profit before people.

Comment

I suppose it's only fair I give the good news as well as the bad. I've been in New York for 24 hours at this stage and unlike Hong Kong I have seen two Teslas and zero double decker buses.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                I suppose it's only fair I give the good news as well as the bad. I've been in New York for 24 hours at this stage and unlike Hong Kong I have seen two Teslas and zero double decker buses.
                                                                                                                How many shootings?
                                                                                                                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Evening pre- and post theatre spent in Korean restaurant on Parnell Street. Felt like dodging bullets full time.

Comment

Evening pre- and post theatre spent in Korean restaurant on Parnell Street. Felt like dodging bullets full time.
                                                                                                                    Spent pre theatre in Chapter One and post theatre in Nearys. I imagine it was a far better evening spent.

Comment

Listening to a couple of absolutely dire Tories on the BBC over the last day and they sound very keen to be seen to do something about mass gatherings.
                                                                                                                      There is a new case in Surrey with no known means of transmission and a possibility that the patient's doctor is infected too.

I'm afraid the 7/4 about Cheltenham not happening isn't looking too big anymore
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Who's SARRY now. Who's Sarry now.

I'll get me coat .

Comment

Pringles

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X