Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the fact that someone can be spreading it for weeks without showing any symptoms that is the killer. Might go and stock up my freezer just in case. Nothing to lose.

V is probably funking hard for any client DB pensions.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      On the plus side death rate seems to be something like .2% for the <40s. If it turns out it's a global pandemic maybe it'd be worth getting it early before the ICUs are overrun.
      So you can fight off the looters.

Solid thinking.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
        Think it's all northern Italy so far, which is closer to London than it is Malta tbf, so if they contain it up there it shouldn't be too big a worry.
        I hadn't realised how far down in the Med Malta is.

Solid geography factoid sir!

Comment

Some crowd in India to see Trump.
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Anyone recommend an Electrician out Citywest way? Immersion and storage heater issues overnight...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Rugby is just one of those sports where you come to the end as a top player very quickly. Sadly enough, I think our half backs, two of our greatest ever players, are now in that category.
                Very true not many retire at the right time. Dennis Hickey being one of the few who left before he was crocked or lost his pace. It was sad seeing players like John Hayes getting bested which never happened at his peak Rory Best Timmy Bowe and Darcy getting killed for pace near the end as well. These guys are on good money not all can go into the media the thoughts of a real job for many would be frightening and depressing I think.

Comment

For those that may be into festivals, the line-up for All Together Now was released this morning and it is quite the eclectic mix.

Sinead O'Connor, Lauryn Hill, Jarvis Cocker, Groove Armada & Rufus Wainwright. I haven't gone to a festival in a few years but that may be worth a visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                    For those that may be into festivals, the line-up for All Together Now was released this morning and it is quite the eclectic mix.

Sinead O'Connor, Lauryn Hill, Jarvis Cocker, Groove Armada & Rufus Wainwright. I haven't gone to a festival in a few years but that may be worth a visit.
                    Already going to electric picnic and primavera but fully expecting a text from my better half shortly to see if we're adding a third.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                      Already going to electric picnic and primavera but fully expecting a text from my better half shortly to see if we're adding a third.
                      I forgot to mention Iggy Pop too.

My better half won't have any interest in these acts so.....

I'll definitely get a ticket.

Comment

This is just brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                          I forgot to mention Iggy Pop too.

My better half won't have any interest in these acts so.....

I'll definitely get a ticket.

I went last year and despite the traffic nightmare the first day and the rain, still had a great weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                            Very true not many retire at the right time. Dennis Hickey being one of the few who left before he was crocked or lost his pace. It was sad seeing players like John Hayes getting bested which never happened at his peak Rory Best Timmy Bowe and Darcy getting killed for pace near the end as well. These guys are on good money not all can go into the media the thoughts of a real job for many would be frightening and depressing I think.
                            I guess on the flipside you have lads like Stringer and Donnacha O'Callaghan who managed to hang around for a long time after being top class and make decent money at it.
                            I'd say a lot just comes down to the injuries you got and how they were managed.

Comment

That's not at all an appealing line up for me, Jarvis Cocker the only one I'd walk across the road to see and his projects can ve very hit and miss. Are Sinead and Iggy really the kind of acts people want to see at a festival these days? I'd be looking for much deeper quality further down the card before I'd bother going.

In other news Richard Dawson was amazing in Whelans the other night, he's a class act in every sense. I'm still listening to 2020 all the time it's an amazing album, great stuff altogether.

Richard Dawson – "Dead Dog in an Alleyway", from the new album '2020', out now on Weird World / Domino.Subscribe to Richard Dawson on Youtube: https://richar...
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                That's not at all an appealing line up for me, Jarvis Cocker the only one I'd walk across the road to see and his projects can ve very hit and miss. Are Sinead and Iggy really the kind of acts people want to see at a festival these days? I'd be looking for much deeper quality further down the card before I'd bother going.
                                I take your point, I suppose it's more the fact that it's quite an unusual line up but given this is only their 3rd year running, they've done quite well imo.

Lauryn Hill is fantastic as is Rufus Wainright, I've seen the latter live before and I thought he was exceptional.

Like Ed said, the traffic was apparently scandalous last year but the feedback from the festival goers the past 2 years has been excellent.

Admittedly, I'm probably not travelling great distances to go but given it's quite close, it's worth the spin.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  speaking of brazil....

imageboard,image board,anime,manga,ecchi,hentai,video games,english,japan

^^tinfoil alert^^
                                  but interesting all the same, particularly the italy prediction
                                  Last edited by DeadParrot; 24-02-20, 10:57.
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I don't get the success of Rufus. He's like someone took Buckley and fused him with Liberace. Meh skip. I echo SPs post.

Comment

My concern with a lot of festival lineups is down to having seen a ton of the acts relatively recently as they get recycled through the various festivals but think it's a good lineup overall.

In terms of ATN:

Lauryn Hill - despite not having made any notable original music in decades, when she's on form, she's a phenomenal performer. Would definitely cross the road to see her again.

Jarvis Cocker - was one of my highlights of EP last year despite not being a massive fan of him.

Iggy Pop - not a massive fan but still a great live act

Sinead O connor - still a great voice/performer

Goldfrapp - well worth crossing the road for

Rufus Wainright - well worth crossing the road for

Girl Band - well worth crossing the road for

Floating Points - well worth crossing the road for

Agnes Obel - well worth crossing the road for

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                        They will be attacking my front door with pickaxes to get at my collection of mysterious cans of food . I knew this day was coming . I'm stacked and ready for the long haul. Have the 1st victims shown signs of zombieism yet ?
                                        nearly...
                                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

While we're on the subject of music, the recently released Pink Shabab album is fantastic.

Provided to YouTube by Morr MusicLet Me Explain · Pink ShababEma By The Sea℗ Karaoke KalkReleased on: 2019-11-29Lyricist, Composer: Joseph CarvellMusic Publ...

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                            Some crowd in India to see Trump.

The fuckin eejit was claiming a crowd of 10 million

this is amusing, I'm sure he's a huge fan of Sue Chin

Comment

I hadn't realised how far down in the Med Malta is.

Solid geography factoid sir!
                                              I used to think, with many people that it was near Spain. And they spoke Spanish lol. Had no idea it was jammed between Libya and Sicily!

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                Been listening to his mixes all week. Always loved a trip to Ireland!
                                                The third Essential Mix. This was a big one, straight from the underground. Let us know if any of the track listings are wrong!

airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                  I used to think, with many people that it was near Spain. And they spoke Spanish lol. Had no idea it was jammed between Libya and Sicily!
                                                  Looks like they may have introduced some of their fine local customs.

Wasn't a journalist murdered recently there too?

Comment

Just swing the leg at it - be grand.

Comment

I guess on the flipside you have lads like Stringer and Donnacha O'Callaghan who managed to hang around for a long time after being top class and make decent money at it.
                                                      I'd say a lot just comes down to the injuries you got and how they were managed.
                                                      Think the lads were very lucky with injuries. Also both teetotalers and had to go abroad to keep on playing. I feel for some great Irish players who went out with a whimper Rog David Wallace and Heaslip

Comment

Looks like they may have introduced some of their fine local customs.

Wasn't a journalist murdered recently there too?
                                                        Yes, a woman was blown up in car outside her home. Daphne her name was. Couple of years ago now I think. And the Sicilian Mafia rule the food outlets if they are Italian based foods. You get told where to buy everything...

Comment

Yes, a woman was blown up in car outside her home. Daphne her name was. Couple of years ago now I think. And the Sicilian Mafia rule the food outlets if they are Italian based foods. You get told where to buy everything...
                                                          Huh ? SO Daphne go blown up for buying her spring onions in the local shop instead of Luigis fruits annna Veg?

Fecking hell, I’d hate to return bad veg to Luigi’s . Bringa outa the Gimpa.

Comment

Huh ? SO Daphne go blown up for buying her spring onions in the local shop instead of Luigis fruits annna Veg?

Fecking hell, I’d hate to return bad veg to Luigi’s . Bringa outa the Gimpa.
                                                            Blown up as she was about to out a Maltese business man with close links to the government over the Panama papers. Politics is like football here, labour supporters are delighted she is dead, the other side use her for points scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                              Blown up as she was about to out a Maltese business man with close links to the government over the Panama papers. Politics is like football here, labour supporters are delighted she is dead, the other side use her for points scoring.
                                                              Imagine putting a party into government who deal with dissidents by having them removed as nonchalantly as you can expunge the twitter history of an anti semitic nutjob. Could never happen in a country like ours

Comment

Imagine putting a party into government who deal with dissidents by having them removed as nonchalantly as you can expunge the twitter history of an anti semitic nutjob. Could never happen in a country like ours
                                                                You have a point and they definitely need to go away before they can be treated like a proper option in Ireland but the two party system here is insane. I doubt anyone could tell me 5 main differences between the parties here and yet elections are treated like sport here, people out on the streets driving around in trucks drinking and celebrating the elections, and then it's just about how corrupt each party can get while they are in power. Lots of businesses are reliant on their party being in place to be able to make money.

Comment

It's the fact that someone can be spreading it for weeks without showing any symptoms that is the killer. Might go and stock up my freezer just in case. Nothing to lose.

Either a good recession or a rise in interest rates or a decent change in longevity expectations would all be good for business. This status quo ongoing good times shit is terrible Ted. Too much inertia and complacency.
                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Quite the odd feeling at Twickenham yesterday. My mate was saying Sexton was putting too much pressure on himself and he was very worried beforehand. I wasn’t very hopeful at all which is most unlike me. And then we got absolutely steamrolled and did some self inflicted damage as well for good measure.

And yet I wasn’t getting upset, didn’t curse Jaco Papyer out of it, none of that. Nothing like the upset feeling of Cardiff last year. Either I don’t give a fuck anymore or some part of me just hopes this is the low point and that at least a rebuilding process has to start now. I don’t know which.

Watching the U20s is good for the rugby supporting soul so I might just stick to that for a year or two.
                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Thought that was one rumour that was debunked?
                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Will the cost of all these burials wipe out the life insurance business or will the reduced pensions demand offset that somewhat

Armageddon musings in V4Vs office .

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                          Watching the U20s is good for the rugby supporting soul so I might just stick to that for a year or two.
                                                                          And Leinster!

Comment

Not quite Paradise Island so.

4th highest murder rate per capita in the EU too.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                              Thought that was one rumour that was debunked?
                                                                              It seems to be true from recent reports. The other weird thing is the number of false negatives that seem to be reported. The girl in that study tested negative and then tested positive the next day still showing no physical signs and was infectious for 19 days. A large number of people on the Diamond Princess cruise ship tested negative initially but more and more of them are testing positive as time goes on. A further 18 of them today.

Opr

Comment

How many more outbreaks like the one in Italy will have to happen before we just accept that the genie is out of the bottle and nothing is going to stop it becoming a pandemic.
                                                                                Hard to see how it can be contained now and the focus should be on how to cope with it and how to minimise the chances of getting it and spreading it when you do.

One thing I haven't heard about is if they expect to be seasonal and much less virulent once the weather improves in the Northern hemisphere

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Fucking chuggers knocking on your door. Hate it.

Putting the kids to bed just there, up to my eyes with it and the doorbell goes. Ran down and there's this guy from Focus Irl. The usual 'Hi how are you today?'

Told him straight away that I was busy putting kids to bed, in the usual apologetic nice way.

'Would you support helping the homeless?' he said, or something to that effect.

I just said 'well, eh, yeah' like, who says no to that question.

He gets his clip folder out then and says 'great, this will only take a few minutes'

Got annoyed now. This prick saw me bound down the stairs shouting back up at the kids.

Stopped him and reminded him of what I had just told him 30 seconds previously.

Like fuck off.
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

To be fair that's on you for not giving a swift no thanks and shutting the door before letting him speak again.

Give them an inch ect...
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Just dont bother to answer the door. Never answer it unless I'm expecting someone. Even when the politicians and canvassers were around, I'd just stay on the couch and look out at them. Same with chuggers.

Comment

...

Comment

Will the cost of all these burials wipe out the life insurance business or will the reduced pensions demand offset that somewhat

Armageddon musings in V4Vs office .
                                                                                              Somewhat interestingly life insurers model and prepare for this risk. Curious about how it might impact London market syndicates who carry this type of risk as a diversifier though.

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post
                                                                                                Somewhat interestingly life insurers model and prepare for this risk. Curious about how it might impact London market syndicates who carry this type of risk as a diversifier though.
                                                                                                there is a tasty little conspiracy going around that the pandemic word triggers the release of hundreds of millions in bonds and thats why the WHO is hesitating

2017 article here :

Comment

More on the Jainish death practice of sallekhana.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                    there is a tasty little conspiracy going around that the pandemic word triggers the release of hundreds of millions in bonds and thats why the WHO is hesitating

2017 article here :
                                                                                                    https://qz.com/1017805/the-world-ban...f-an-outbreak/
                                                                                                    There was a definition update in 2009 which tightened the rules about declarations, lots of seldom updated wording in some life reinsurance contracts for tail risk I suspect.

I'd guess the arbitrators and legal types can expect some solid fees from that corner of the world as the fight about who pays begins.

Comment

Yesterday I wanted to know about personal experience of Jains, today Malta. I know someone who lives in Malta who recently told me that there is very much an Us / Them thing within Maltese society. Everyone knows who the "other" is. But that it doesn't appear to be based on anything at all.

Is this the political party side you are talking about or what is it? Or is he talking nonsense?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        Fucking chuggers knocking on your door. Hate it.

Putting the kids to bed just there, up to my eyes with it and the doorbell goes. Ran down and there's this guy from Focus Irl. The usual 'Hi how are you today?'

Told him straight away that I was busy putting kids to bed, in the usual apologetic nice way.

'Would you support helping the homeless?' he said, or something to that effect.

I just said 'well, eh, yeah' like, who says no to that question.

He gets his clip folder out then and says 'great, this will only take a few minutes'

Got annoyed now. This prick saw me bound down the stairs shouting back up at the kids.

Stopped him and reminded him of what I had just told him 30 seconds previously.

Like fuck off.

FFS that’s schoolboy stuff
                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

A load of cancelled or uncompleted sports events could rightly mess up the 2020 Multi-Sport Competition.
                                                                                                          That's the sort of major side-effect of the corona virus which we tend to forget about.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                            A load of cancelled or uncompleted sports events could rightly mess up the 2020 Multi-Sport Competition.
                                                                                                            That's the sort of major side-effect of the corona virus which we tend to forget about.
                                                                                                            Be a great Olympics . If you are not on drugs you are disqualified.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                              Yesterday I wanted to know about personal experience of Jains, today Malta. I know someone who lives in Malta who recently told me that there is very much an Us / Them thing within Maltese society. Everyone knows who the "other" is. But that it doesn't appear to be based on anything at all.

Is this the political party side you are talking about or what is it? Or is he talking nonsense?
                                                                                                              Definitely the political party thing I'd say. Also a bit of a rich poor thing as the minimum wage is 4.50 an hour and anyone in igaming is obviously taking in a lot more driving up rents etc. Possibly also a bit of a Italy/English thing as both sides ruled here for a while and most will support either England or Italy in football. But mainly the political stuff. In Ireland it's gaa clubs, here it's political party bars and community centre type stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                Just dont bother to answer the door. Never answer it unless I'm expecting someone. Even when the politicians and canvassers were around, I'd just stay on the couch and look out at them. Same with chuggers.
                                                                                                                I love answering the doors to all of them to test their skills. Being an ex door to door myself. I really put them under pressure

Finishing off with how they can improve their pitch
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                    Hopefully only affects the Six Notions

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                      Hopefully only affects the Six Notions
                                                                                                                      Can I stay with you if the Italy Ireland game goes ahead?

Comment

Looks like an Italian tourist on holiday in Tenerife has been diagnosed with Corona Virus.

Looks like this is going to be rampant across Europe very soon.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X