Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Yeah, as long as there's regular smears, although you still have the potential actual cancer to deal with without the vaccine, plus all the other things that the HPV vaccine prevents against like genital warts. Guess its a choice parents are making as to whether those risks (some of which are small) are acceptable for their kids versus the perceived risks in the vaccine.
    I got to almost 45 without the HPV vaccine as have many other woman.

Teach them about safe sex as well!
    I don't think I/we know enough about this vaccine to know if it will do all the stuff it says. It was kind of fast tracked.

Wait till the first female who got the vaccine gets Cervical cancer and see what happens then

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Was having lunch with an industry guy today. Chicken wings on the menu, so we both grab plates of them. He then proceeds to eat them with a knife and fork, so I felt obliged to follow suit. Spent the lunch hour resolving to never have any contact with him ever again, despite the otherwise enthusiastic useful chat we had. Eating pizza with a fork/knife seems to have sadly creeped into social acceptability, but this is madness. Got to draw a line somewhere.
        Maybe he was testing to see if he could make you his bitch!?

Comment

Was having lunch with an industry guy today. Chicken wings on the menu, so we both grab plates of them. He then proceeds to eat them with a knife and fork, so I felt obliged to follow suit. Spent the lunch hour resolving to never have any contact with him ever again, despite the otherwise enthusiastic useful chat we had. Eating pizza with a fork/knife seems to have sadly creeped into social acceptability, but this is madness. Got to draw a line somewhere.
          This is how you should look after a good plate of wings.

This too shall pass.

Comment

He's just an asshole but you're peer pressure reaction is worse. Drawing the line would have been eating them with your hands then when you have finished yours, asking him if he was finished his remnants that have loads of uneaten meat left on them that he can't get to with utensils, then gobble them up too.

Comment

I have cut a large burger in two and picked up the halves separetly, but have seen folk eat them all with a knife and fork!

Comment

In Britain, a doctor called Andrew Wakefield manipulated his research to suggest that the MMR vaccine was linked with autism, and in 1998 published those conclusions in the prestigious medical journal, The Lancet. Six years later, the Sunday Times revealed a conflict of interest, both scientific and financial. Wakefield owned the patent to a single vaccination. It took a further six years and a ruling by the General Medical Council that Wakefield was guilty of dishonesty and abuse of children before The Lancet finally recanted and withdrew the article, but the damage was already done. It made no difference that Wakefield was exposed as a fraud, that he was barred from practising as a doctor in the UK. Many parents were convinced that the MMR vaccine caused autism. As a consequence, vaccination rates fell back in Britain and measles began to increase, resulting in deaths and serious illness.
                By now, only a very small group of lunatics, crystal-healing fools and complete idiots could possibly claim that vaccination is a bad thing, but you know what? There should be a place in this world for lunatics, crystal-healing fools and complete idiots.

On the one hand, it’s true that unvaccinated children pose a fatal risk to the children of sane people, and it’s true that they also pose a fatal risk to old people, sick people and those with compromised immune systems.

But on the other hand, we have to respect the rights of complete idiots and therefore we need some sort of compromise, so here’s the situation.

Let’s not have a society where lunatics, crystal-healing fools and complete idiots are excluded.

Instead, let’s offer the anti-vax maniacs who threaten our children’s lives a simple choice. If you choose to have your children vaccinated, welcome to our society. If not, you’ll have to live within a guarded compound created especially for anti-vaccination fools, where you can’t endanger the rest of us.

It seems fair enough to me. You’re free to make your own decisions, however irrational, but don’t inflict the consequences of your stupid decisions on our children. If you want to leave the compound and mix with the rest of us, all you have to do is get a vaccination.

What’s wrong with that idea?
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Got the chicken wings on my first date with the Mrs. and she still ridicules me for it when it comes up. I'm not going to go to Elephant and Castle and not get the wings just because I'm trying to make a good impression.

Comment

I know somebody who eats garlic bread with a knife and fork
                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                      FUCKKK!!!!
                      I knew there was something I was forgetting.
                      Same. Passed out on the couch yesterday after dinner and didn't wake up til 11. Was sickened. He did very well by all accounts

Comment

Trump to pull the US out of the Paris Accords today.

Yay.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          FUCKKK!!!!
                          I knew there was something I was forgetting.
                          Hi m8s. It was ok. Not nearly as well as the first one I did. Didn't bomb, but also didn't land as well as I would have liked. Need to work at it a bit more. I'm definitely gonna do more, anyway.
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yer talk of fine dinning has stirred a memory.
                            I remember years ago I was at a very posh corp meal with the different sized forks for the correct dish don’t you know.I was about to stab at the 1st of the starters with a big forking fork when my date put her hand on my hand and said
                            Wrong fork. WTF. I said loudly (so ALL the table could hear) If you put your hand anywhere near my food again I will stab you in the eyeballs, yes both of them and I won’t be checking what the correct fecking cutlery is. She looked up at me shocked.
                            I was obviously having a tongue in cheek anti snob rant but she left the table slightly teary and didn’t come back for a wee while. SO I had to go with the rant as though I meant it and said ANYONE ELSE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO HOW I EAT THIS SHIT?
                            There was a wee silence and then I snorted out a laugh which got one fellow into hysterics but not the rest really.One uptight Penelope said. I don’t think xxxx appreciates your sense of humour. Her other half told her to chill and she shut up immediately.Everyone got locked later on and all the marbles fell out of their mouths.Turns out nobody had a clue about the right cutlery either. Oh yeah, the date came back and laughed at me, she was also pretending to be hurt to embarrass me in front of the rest of the table she knew well I was joking.And now I am mature I still don’t know the correct cutlery apart from the hint in Pretty Woman where gerbil boy tries to knock a bit of culture into the hooker.And don’t start me on that Movie. She was a hooker and got way above her station,turning down the other more business-like guy advances was unprofessional. He obviously had a few bob as well.
                            Off for a bikky.

Comment

What a dramatic finish to the Ireland game against Italy in the U20 world cup. Italy score and convert try with 5 minutes to go to lead by a point, 30 seconds left Ireland get a kickable penalty and miss.

Comment

This is fucking horrific, does anyone actually live in fucking Naas. I'd say if I did naked cartwheels I wouldn't get a fucking sale
                                Why the fuck they put a stand here is beyond me
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                  This is fucking horrific, does anyone actually live in fucking Naas. I'd say if I did naked cartwheels I wouldn't get a fucking sale
                                  Why the fuck they put a stand here is beyond me
                                  Everyone in Naas is in the bookies , move yer stall fairly lively there now

Comment

Sundrive this morning. Caused chaos. Cycled by the wreckage.
                                    Nobody hurt. WTF was he/she at.

Comment

Can someone embed that tweet please and kindly tell me how to do it?

Thanks

Comment

Just use the number of the tweet inbetween the tags

[TWEET]869873890960396288[TWEET]

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                          I have a cousin and a good friend who both have autistic children who both swear that they were healthy normal children right up to having the MMR.
                                          That makes sense tbh. When is the MMR vac given to babies, around 9-12 months?
                                          Autism can't be properly diagnosed until a child is 18-24 months.
                                          So a child that is autistic would often not show signs until a few months after they've been given the vac.

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                          I have cut a large burger in two and picked up the halves separetly, but have seen folk eat them all with a knife and fork!
                                          I think it's acceptable to cut a burger in half if it's too big for your mouth, as long as you eat both halves with your hands.

Ive often cut a burger in half to swap for half of what ever my misses'is having. I get try more things, and still clean up the left overs. Win, win.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                            Hi m8s. It was ok. Not nearly as well as the first one I did. Didn't bomb, but also didn't land as well as I would have liked. Need to work at it a bit more. I'm definitely gonna do more, anyway.
                                            Kepp me updated on upcoming spots.
                                            I had a pint pass booked for this as well
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Sundrive this morning. Caused chaos. Cycled by the wreckage.
                                              Nobody hurt. WTF was he/she at.
                                              On the fucking phone obv like every other fucking moron on the roads these days.

The twat that drives straight up onto the footpath to get out of the way is just as bad if not worse IMO.
                                              Tough shit if a car is coming at you you still don't mount the fucking footpath when there are pedestrians abroad.
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                On the fucking phone obv like every other fucking moron on the roads these days.

The twat that drives straight up onto the footpath to get out of the way is just as bad if not worse IMO.
                                                Tough shit if a car is coming at you you still don't mount the fucking footpath when there are pedestrians abroad.
                                                Yeah your instinct would probably be to drive straight into the car coming your way. Especially if you have your kids in the car with you. You're a great man!

Comment

Ah come on! It's just a reaction and a damn good one. Top marks imo.

Comment

They drove really well as well, even if the person hadn't moved they would have got a tap at most.

Comment

Really I don't see any need for them to be going up onto footpath at all.
                                                      At worst they get a bit of a bang on the side, genuinely don't see any case for mounting the path there.
                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 31-05-17, 14:55.

Comment

O
                                                        Plowing into the car on its roof would have put much more people in danger.
                                                        And "pedestrians abroad" is a ridiculous exaggeration. There was one woman on the footpath, about 8 metres in front of the white yoke. He barely reached the spot she was standing when it happened, even maneuvered back away from her direction towards the road. Good reactions and awareness imo.

Comment

What about the driver of the upturned car? Would've been a whole lot more serious for that person if that diver didn't mount the kerb.

Comment

Comment

That's ridiculous, even by your standards
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                Yeah your instinct would probably be to drive straight into the car coming your way. Especially if you have your kids in the car with you. You're a great man!
                                                                I'll keep digging.

There is a ton of room there and I'd question the speed hes coming at, isn't that a 30Kmph zone.

Comment

I'll keep digging.

There is a ton of room there and I'd question the speed hes coming at, isn't that a 30Kmph zone.
                                                                  Victim blaming

Comment

I'll keep digging.

A ton of room where?
                                                                    Are you saying he should have went around the car without mounting the path, or he should have jammed on the breaks and stopped in time?

Comment

Driver in upturned car : I hope the fk that's not an opinionated ol fart in that car coming for me.

SP Tough shit ass holeeereeeeeeaaaarghhhhhhh

Comment

I'll keep digging.

How was your vegan yoga party?

Comment

You can steer and brake, that's what you are supposed to do.

What I'm saying is that he has a responsibility not to put more people at risk by mounting the path. The other car is not coming at him head on, if he doesn't go up on the path the worst that happens is the gets a bit of a bang on his rear side. Wouldn't be a problem if he wasn't speeding.

Comment

Looking at that video again, and keeping an eye on where the driver of the flip car is and the direction the white car was going, or would have stopped had they not swerved. An almost certain fatality. You're wrong on this one SP.

Comment

Top effort Strewel
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                Top effort Strewel
                                                                                Thought I was getting too old for trolling but strewel and Trump both showing age is just a number.inspiring

Comment

...

Comment

In fairness, how the fuck did the car flip anyway
                                                                                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      326-350 at 10/1 with bet365 looks a sporting bet, with a stake saver on the next band up at 4/1. Currently 330 seats.
                                                                                      Down to 7/2 now.

Me and my legion of followers got the valueee anyway.

Comment

Better Call Saul episode 8 has leaked online.

Opr

Comment

Corbyn going level-up in UK, taking part in TV debate tonight while May hides at home. If May comes out of this election in government she's still going to look so weak as fck.
                                                                                          She really is pathetic. So concerned about Brexit negotiations that she called this election just before them.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

...

Comment

I couldn't help wondering why she's going for PM. Corbyn fair enough, he's got an ideology that he wants to implement but I find it hard to think that's what makes May get up in the morning. You'd wonder if she even enjoys the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Opr
                                                                                                Should it not have been on Monday night anyhow or was this meant to be a week off?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  Should it not have been on Monday night anyhow or was this meant to be a week off?
                                                                                                  Week off cos it's a public holiday there

Comment

Opr
                                                                                                    is it available via the torrents?

Comment

Opr
                                                                                                      Dont see it anywhere?
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

watching ep3 of Twin Peaks and i have to say, fair play to Lynch, he gives it to you straight, no messing about...
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                          Week off cos it's a public holiday there
                                                                                                          If I watch it now there is a near 2 week gap to the next one. It helps that between one thing and another I had 2 to watch in the last few days as I didn't get round to them.

Comment

What's the standard process for blood tests with a GP?

I was in with mine a while ago as had a bad chest infection. Paid him for the visit and mentioned to him that I wanted to get bloods done as have never done it before just as a check up.

Booked in the blood test and paid for them.

Then got a message that results had come back and to book appointment to see doctor

Went back to see him to be told everything was fine, no issues, took my blood pressure again and charged me half visit fee.

If there was no issue whatsoever, why couldn't I have been told that over the phone when I rang to get the results?

Standard?
                                                                                                            Shakedown?
                                                                                                            Standard Shakedown?

Comment

Not my job innit m8

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Standard?
                                                                                                                Shakedown?
                                                                                                                Standard Shakedown?
                                                                                                                Normal process with my lad is to do the tests and he'll call me back in if there is anything worth talking about otherwise he'll go through them next time.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I was in with mine a while ago as had a bad chest infection. Paid him for the visit and mentioned to him that I wanted to get bloods done as have never done it before just as a check up.

Booked in the blood test and paid for them.

Then got a message that results had come back and to book appointment to see doctor

Went back to see him to be told everything was fine, no issues, took my blood pressure again and charged me half visit fee.

If there was no issue whatsoever, why couldn't I have been told that over the phone when I rang to get the results?

Standard?
                                                                                                                    Shakedown?
                                                                                                                    Standard Shakedown?
                                                                                                                    It's fairly standard for Doctors to not give out results over the phone. I imagine they'll say it's to treat every situation the same to avoid worrying people. But the fact it helps their bottom line has to be a factor too.

Anytime I'm in that situation, I request when giving blood at the pathology place that the results be sent to me directly also. That way I cam make a decision to see the doctor to have any results explained if needed. The results will have the normal ranges listed, and will highlight any parameters outside of normal.

Comment

Disgraceful behaviour there by Borna Coric in the French Open.

Muppet.
                                                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X