Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's snowing
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
      I wouldn't be of FF political persuasion but I've always been impressed with Malcolm Byrne, he won the by-election, was a sitting TD for 8 days, and now loses out in this election. At least he will have the pension. Strikes me as a good egg.
      Not sure about pension , has he not to be in situ for more than a few months

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
        Not sure about pension , has he not to be in situ for more than a few months
        Why are people worried about his fecking pension. Get another job.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          They've one in Waterford as well.
          And Carlow/Kilkenny

Comment

3 days & 2 nights of a Hag (stag and hen combined) in Barcelona has me a broken man.

It was a very, very good idea to take today off to recover.

Mondays can be such a chore...

SPOILER

Comment

The Greens in with a shout of 2 more in Wicklow and Dublin South-West, 12 would be a great haul for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                3 days & 2 nights of a Hag (stag and hen combined) in Barcelona has me a broken man.

It was a very, very good idea to take today off to recover.

Mondays can be such a chore...

SPOILER
                Where is this.
                Looks like heaven
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  So you are saying there is a 0% chance they will ever go into government without an overall majority.
                  Because despite your crowing and hubris they have captured 1/4 of the popular vote and less than 25% of the seats and even FF are not going to let them implement a manifesto to bankrupt the country inside three years.

Ah sure we've been bankrupt before, I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                    The Greens in with a shout of 2 more in Wicklow and Dublin South-West, 12 would be a great haul for them.
                    It's a poor performance imo that they couldn't capture a lot more, in the context of a huge voter appetite for change and an unprecedented ecological crisis. If they couldn't strike it big this time it's hard to see how they can ever be relevant.

Comment

Story

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                        It's a poor performance imo that they couldn't capture a lot more, in the context of a huge voter appetite for change and an unprecedented ecological crisis. If they couldn't strike it big this time it's hard to see how they can ever be relevant.
                        I'm not sure I agree with that. How many seats would you deem as successful then?

I think any party that goes from 2 representatives to possibly 12 representatives has clearly made significant inroads.

Look how long it has taken SF to make an impact, I think the Greens have done quite well.

Comment

Can't imagine the more reasonable among the new SF supporters feel too enamored by David Cullinane's antics. Doesn't take long for the mask to slip.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                            Can't imagine the more reasonable among the new SF supporters feel too enamored by David Cullinane's antics. Doesn't take long for the mask to slip.
                            Were you listening to Matt Cooper when it was sprung on him?

Great radio.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Great radio.
                              Not as good as watching Marylou get setup live in the studio on Six One

Comment

Cullinane just pissed away his Ministerial job tbh. I just seen the video on WhatsApp. Proper genius
                                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                  Cullinane just pissed away his Ministerial job tbh. I just seen the video on WhatsApp. Proper genius
                                  Yeah there you go Lucky Lloyd ya big dope, that’s what ye elected.

Comment

Great radio.
                                    Yeah he wasnt backing away from comments, given the party a huge headache now you'd imagine.

In other news looking like Sinn Fein are actually gonna tie for most seats now which is fairly incredible considering how little candidates they ran relatively, was still over 50/1 on betfair a few days ago.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                      Not as good as watching Marylou get setup live in the studio on Six One
                                      What was that?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                        Anyone got a link to the court case where Dessie Ellis got convicted of all those murders?
                                        I’m bad at google and can only find something about him getting acquitted of explosives charges by an English jury
                                        Thanks guys
                                        Like so many of these hero's there was no court date.

This is one of the more cowardly adventures he has been widely alleged to have been involved in

Hyde park bombing
                                        11 young Bandsmen armed with nothing more than their musical instruments were slaughtered from a safe distance by a hero with a remote control and a smirk on his face.

I wouldn't have brought this up but no matter how much the apologists and fellow travellers want to sweep it under the carpet, this is who Sinn Fein IRA are. In truth by the time of this cowardly attack it was all a complete and utter lie that was nothing more than a self perpetuating criminal racket funnelling money to a mob. But as Cullinane made it clear today 'They haven't gone away you know'

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

What was that?
                                            she was in the studio being asked about formation of the next Gov etc, the presenter asked her to comment on Martin Cullinane being recorded signing "Up the Ra" in a Waterford pub the previous night, Marylou obviously had no knowledge of it and you could see that she was livid with the Presenter - she refused to comment but she guessed out loud that he must have only been signing Celtic Symphony.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                              Dont be so sure, perhaps himself and Ellis were simply putting forward audition tapes for roles.

I can't wait to see if Pearse Doherty or others come forward with a rousing Republican speech or a nice rebel song that they might serenade us with.

Comment

she was in the studio being asked about formation of the next Gov etc, the presenter asked her to comment on Martin Cullinane being recorded signing "Up the Ra" in a Waterford pub the previous night, Marylou obviously had no knowledge of it and you could see that she was livid with the Presenter - she refused to comment but she guessed out loud that he must have only been signing Celtic Symphony.
                                                Clearly making an early play for Flanagans Post

Comment

Like so many of these hero's there was no court date.

This is one of the more cowardly adventures he has been widely alleged to have been involved in

Hyde park bombing
                                                  11 young Bandsmen armed with nothing more than their musical instruments were slaughtered from a safe distance by a hero with a remote control and a smirk on his face.

I wouldn't have brought this up but no matter how much the apologists and fellow travellers want to sweep it under the carpet, this is who Sinn Fein IRA are. In truth by the time of this cowardly attack it was all a complete and utter lie that was nothing more than a self perpetuating criminal racket funnelling money to a mob. But as Cullinane made it clear today 'They haven't gone away you know'

Unfortunately most 18-35 years that voted in the shinners don’t give a fuck about old atrocities must the same as we don’t give a fuck about past world wars and senseless killing in the good old us of a.
                                                  They listened to the same shite we have been living off for the last 20 years and said fuck it nobody is telling us what to do anymore
                                                  A big left move has left us in the middle of a pile of shite which will take a lot of work to bring it back to the centre field

Comment

Seriously tho
                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah there you go Lucky Lloyd ya big dope, that’s what ye elected.
                                                        Well given FF will have to accept an equal partnership and a rotating Taoiseach now to do a deal ye might all get another craic at it soon enough.

If Donnelly makes it: FF38 / SF37. If he doesn't it's a tie.
                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                          Well given FF will have to accept an equal partnership and a rotating Taoiseach now to do a deal ye might all get another craic at it soon enough.

38 for certain and 1 more possible for FF, it won't be a tie.

Comment

38 for certain and 1 more possible for FF, it won't be a tie.
                                                            They have 34 (including the CC)

1 in Sligo / Leitrim (35)
                                                            2 in Cavan / Monaghan (37)
                                                            1 in Wicklow, donnelly (38)

What am I missing?
                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

They have 34 (including the CC)

1 in Sligo / Leitrim (35)
                                                              2 in Cavan / Monaghan (37)
                                                              1 in Wicklow, donnelly (38)

What am I missing?
                                                              I suspect it must be 2 in Sligo/Leitrim.

With 2 seats remaining, last count was

9891 FF
                                                              8409 FF
                                                              7231 FG

That was per Gavan Reilly an hour ago.

Comment

9891 FF
                                                                8409 FF
                                                                7231 FG

Gotcha. Yeah Walsh was just eliminated (the second FG candidate) and his 6k votes are being distributed so I expect Feighan will make up the 1200 deficit and nab that last seat...

Comment

9891 FF
                                                                  8409 FF
                                                                  7231 FG

The next/final distribution is 6K votes from just-eliminated FG2 which will push the remaining FG a good way ahead of one of the FFers.
                                                                  Unless there's some geographical angle I'm missing, as the constituency has bits of 4 counties,

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                    The next/final distribution is 6K votes from just-eliminated FG2 which will push the remaining FG a good way ahead of one of the FFers.
                                                                    Unless there's some geographical angle I'm missing seeing as the constituency has bits of 4 counties,
                                                                    Yeah certainly looks that way. I looked at a couple of his replies now and he just said FF 38 so 39 looks out of sight.

Comment

Can’t rotate the office of Taoiseach
                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                        Really? It was discussed extensively in the 2016 negotiations. I'm not for a minute doubting you but it certainly wouldn't reflect well on Leo and Mehole if true!

Comment

Was discussed at length in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                            Really? It was discussed extensively in the 2016 negotiations. I'm not for a minute doubting you but it certainly wouldn't reflect well on Leo and Mehole if true!
                                                                            If the Taoiseach resigns the entire government automatically resigns. Then the Dail would need to have a fresh vote to appoint a new Taoiseach like when Enda stepped down, Bertie stepped down etc.

That works when there’s a strong coalition. But where it’s changing the reins of power from one party to the other then it’s infinitely more dangerous to do because the party who takes the office of the Taoiseach first can go to the electorate whenever they like and the Taoiseach cannot be forced to resign save by vote of no confidence.

I suppose it’s technically possible to move the office back and forth but I don’t think any 2 parties out of SF, FF and FG trust each other enough to be able to make it work and particularly so where the power dynamic is so asymmetrical in favour of the party who takes it first.

Comment

Was discussed at length in 2016.
                                                                              There’s a reason they didn’t do it in the end

Comment

Fair enough, buckle up for another election so.

Comment

Ah but surely anyone backing out of a publically agreed pact would be committing political suicide, would never happen.

Comment

I mean, that's the only way this thing will work. SF and FF are equals and whatever deal they do will need to reflect that, while they both cede concessions to the Greens for their support. We haven't seen a coalition like this before and if FF can't stomach it that's fine - let's dance.

Comment

Ah but surely anyone backing out of a publically agreed pact would be committing political suicide, would never happen.
                                                                                      Suppose it depends on the public sentiment at the time.
                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Hold the office for two and a half years each is the agreement. FF hold it first for example and then when a convenient crisis wanders along they use it as a point of principle to pull the plug and have a general election. Wouldn’t be committing political suicide at all, particularly if they play it right in the build up.

Likewise if SF take the reins first. The law as it stands just doesn’t really make a rotating Taoiseach possible in the way county councils can manage it. It is certainly technically possible, but I think it’s practically unworkable

Comment

Cheered myself up by avoiding the news all day and then defeating some colleagues at darts. Dedicated the victory to the EU.

What's happening back on the isle?
                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Cheered myself up by avoiding the news all day and then defeating some colleagues at darts. Dedicated the victory to the EU.

All the prods are being rounded up and sent to the North.
                                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

The mask has slipped already.
                                                                                              Deeply unpleasant mood abroad as the true believers confuse a less than 25% share of the seats in the Dail with an overall majority with a level of hubris and gloating is making the brexitards look modest. .

Hello Mary Lou, goodbye Google, Apple, facebook ...

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                All the prods are being rounded up and sent to the North.
                                                                                                Good idea. The RA have all the best songs anyway.
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

This was 20 mins ago but some returns since and I'm not sure now that 38 is a lock.

With transfers to FG2 and two seats remaining with 2 FF in the lead it may end up 37/37/36

Comment

Hold the office for two and a half years each is the agreement. FF hold it first for example and then when a convenient crisis wanders along they use it as a point of principle to pull the plug and have a general election. Wouldn’t be committing political suicide at all, particularly if they play it right in the build up.

Likewise if SF take the reins first. The law as it stands just doesn’t really make a rotating Taoiseach possible in the way county councils can manage it. It is certainly technically possible, but I think it’s practically unworkable
                                                                                                    Agree with your logic, I thought originally you were suggesting it was unconstitutional in some way.

Lot of shadow boxing to go here yet, but in reality its either SF/FF/Green or a second election imo

Comment

...
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        Where is this.

Looks like heaven
                                                                                                        Loose Cannon on Drury St. Nice little spot, a bit on the pricey side but you have to treat yourself every so often!

Comment

Jordan Peterson getting help in Russia for his Benzo problem. Suspected there was more to his weight loss than just eating piles of beef. https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...-russia-a69219
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Snowing now.
                                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                              Snowing now.
                                                                                                              Have an appointment in Enniskerry at 10am. Guess I won't be taking the mountain route.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                                Snowing now.
                                                                                                                Not much bloody use if you don't tell us exactly where you are, how many metres above sea level that is, how much snow it is, what the dew point is.

Comment

Sorry, though I was on boards weather forum.

Comment

Me father in law is coming up to 48 hours on a trolley in A&E with a lung infection post triple bypass.
                                                                                                                    The anger is real.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                      Realistically has to be a rotating taoiseach, or something of equals, given SF is at least the same as FF. One seat less and nearly 3% ahead in public support.

tbh I think the taoiseach role is a dodgy one, as whichever party gets it will have to give up so many actually influential positions for its dubious status.

And its definitely not going to be FF/FG/Greens? Strikes me that that would make way more sense given the two parties are largely the same. Why do centre-extremeleft when you can do centre-centre?
                                                                                                                      They're thinking all about party now rather than what makes sense for the country I think. In fairness they're due some credit for doing the opposite the last time we were in this position.

I suspect they know coalition with FG would be the end of everything as FG have the better policies and smarter people. What would the likes of Michael McGrath expect when there's a Paschal on the other side? And he might be the best of them.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                        Me father in law is coming up to 48 hours on a trolley in A&E with a lung infection post triple bypass.
                                                                                                                        The anger is real.
                                                                                                                        GL, that's a horrible place to be

Comment

GL, that's a horrible place to be
                                                                                                                          James' too.
                                                                                                                          Fucking hellhole.
                                                                                                                          It's poxy that a trap of geography where are when you call the ambulance locks you into a place.

After nearly 3 weeks in the beacon for the op, it's night and day. He'll lying in a cubicle with two junkies screaming for their fye

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X