Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
    even quicker is to boil the water in the kettle first, then transfer
    If they are not already doing that they are beyond help
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Watched the Irishmen finally. Was good . The fight scenes are hilarious though . Borderline parody imo

I found the crazy Joe part interesting . Only copped it was the Joey penned by Bob Dylan.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        A big mouth is handy for puking.
        Not great when there's nothing to puke . Knew this forking bug was going to get me as I was last man standing . Fasted for 2 days but my body still tried to eject stuff. Day off work watching movies then sprinting . Great interval training.

Comment

First min a bit of fun....

Watch as tensions boil over between the Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers, resulting in a big brawl and a goalie fight between Mike Smith and Cam Talbot.---...
          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Yesla

Comment

This!

I was reading down the posts thinking, who the fuck boils water in a pot??

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                This!

I was reading down the posts thinking, who the fuck boils water in a pot??
                Health an safety
                I'll boil me eggs in a pot .

Comment

Candidate in Tipperary dies, and in surely one of the most strange bits of legislation on the books, the election in that constituency won't go ahead until a later date.

Comment

My mum had her kitchen done up and put in a tap that runs through an element and is always boiling water. If I didn’t have a baby who would end up scalded I would definitely get one.
                    Last edited by RichieM; 03-02-20, 19:16.

Comment

Mary Lou: 'I'm going to get a United Ireland and the Brits are going to pay for it'

Decent LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        Mary Lou: 'I'm going to get a United Ireland and the Brits are going to pay for it'

Decent LOL
                        I thought she was very good. Why did they only have those interviews at 30 minutes long and then have to fly through everything at a million miles an hour?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                          I thought she was very good. Why did they only have those interviews at 30 minutes long and then have to fly through everything at a million miles an hour?
                          Where was it? Radio?
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Tesla up 17% today

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                              Tesla up 17% today
                              and I believe it has way more to go...... in the coming years

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                Where was it? Radio?
                                No, TV. RTE 1 @7pm.

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post
                                  and I believe it has way more to go...... in the coming years
                                  $765 today will be $7000 by 2024

Comment

Was at this game. Was excellent, besides the scoreline.
                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                      My mum had her kitchen done up and put in a tap that runs through an element and is always boiling water. If I didn’t have a baby who would end up scalded I would definitely get one.
                                      We have one at work made by Billi and the hot tap has a sensor designed to require you use two hands to start it flowing, those models cost too much though something like 4K installed

Comment

AI - will be first to real autonomous - has billions of miles of data, closest competitor has millions
                                        SpaceX - technology sharing such as large welds meaning less weak points and stronger and lighter chassis and frames
                                        Tesla insurance - just underwriting his software which he believes in
                                        Solar - will become big
                                        Robotaxis - Uber killer
                                        battery innovation - leading the way
                                        software options - with hardware installed anyway the scale here brings in big money
                                        trucks and haulage - next big venture, AI can now get trucks to just tailgate each other - meaning massive efficiency gains vs driving hours for humans even ignoring the fuel savings
                                        others
                                        Superchargers - massive investment and becoming another 'power' utility
                                        data - how many crimes will be evidenced by a Tesla as their market grows.
                                        - selling consumer behavior data
                                        pace of innovation - has made them what they are today re software updates in days following good customer suggestions

risks - yes there will be fuck ups - accidents that become high profile - however these are limited since we all know what fuck ups around the world get behind a wheel today

Comment

SF - 25%
                                          FF - 23%
                                          FG - 20%
                                          GP - 8%

Comment

AI - will be first to real autonomous - has billions of miles of data, closest competitor has millions
                                            SpaceX - technology sharing such as large welds meaning less weak points and stronger and lighter chassis and frames
                                            Tesla insurance - just underwriting his software which he believes in
                                            Solar - will become big
                                            Robotaxis - Uber killer
                                            battery innovation - leading the way
                                            software options - with hardware installed anyway the scale here brings in big money
                                            trucks and haulage - next big venture, AI can now get trucks to just tailgate each other - meaning massive efficiency gains vs driving hours for humans even ignoring the fuel savings
                                            others
                                            Superchargers - massive investment and becoming another 'power' utility
                                            data - how many crimes will be evidenced by a Tesla as their market grows.
                                            - selling consumer behavior data
                                            pace of innovation - has made them what they are today re software updates in days following good customer suggestions

risks - yes there will be fuck ups - accidents that become high profile - however these are limited since we all know what fuck ups around the world get behind a wheel today
                                            We are at least a generation away from autonomous cars to the masses.

Tesla has billions of miles of what data that their competitors don't have?
                                            Tesla delivered 360,000 units or so in 2019 and own 1.3% of the US automotive market.
                                            Even if they did possess more data than their rivals, how long would it take rivals to catch up if some have 10x the market share?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                              the long term irredentist goals of Sinn Fein, along with their original position on abortion is hardly the position of progressives.
                                              New word for me, doesn't happen too often these days good one too, cheers.

irredentist
                                              /ˌɪrɪˈdɛntɪst/

noun

a person advocating the restoration to their country of any territory formerly belonging to it.
                                              HISTORICAL
                                              (in 19th-century Italian politics) an advocate of the return to Italy of all Italian-speaking districts subject to other countries

Comment

Finally got to see Parasite. Was worth the wait. Have seen all but one of the Oscar best picture nominees (marriage story) and it's easily my favourite

Comment

How dja attach an image I forget.

Comment

New word for me, doesn't happen too often these days good one too, cheers.
                                                    Reading a fantastic book on the events that led to the great war called Sleepwalkers and he has me on my toes with lots of words, he uses that regularly, it is a good one tbf.

Comment

Does the higher share price directly help Tesla get more product on the streets ?

Comment

We are at least a generation away from autonomous cars to the masses.

Tesla has billions of miles of what data that their competitors don't have?
                                                        Tesla delivered 360,000 units or so in 2019 and own 1.3% of the US automotive market.
                                                        Even if they did possess more data than their rivals, how long would it take rivals to catch up if some have 10x the market share?
                                                        each to their own. those that have 10x market share have not been innovating. let it play out.

tesla sell everything they can make. scaling will be interesting. could toyota build a factory to production using new lines in 10 months?

Comment

each to their own. those that have 10x market share have not been innovating. let it play out.

tesla sell everything they can make. scaling will be interesting. could toyota build a factory to production using new lines in 10 months?
                                                          Do they need to?

I suspect their resources could be better directed elsewhere given they're already in place.

Comment

Do they need to?

I suspect their resources could be better directed elsewhere given they're already in place.
                                                            if they start building the cars of the future they will -

Tesla is the first non Chinese majority owned company to build a large factory there - in the worlds biggest car market, with all of the advantages that does with locally produced

Are you arguing Toyota will be larger than Tesla in 5 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                              How dja attach an image I forget.
                                                              The 14th button from the left on the row above where you type. Its like a mountain with the sun over it.

Comment

Does the higher share price directly help Tesla get more product on the streets ?
                                                                Means they can raise easier, they were close to El Busto not too long ago.

The list of advantages people give to Tesla is impressive until you look into them.

The data they've collected is mostly useless, and their approach for autonomous driving is way behind the likes of Waymo and Ford. FSD has just been a way to con their customers into providing cheap working capital.

Solar City was a fraudulent product.

And Tesla insurance only exists because insurance companies don't want to insure them.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  The 14th button from the left on the row above where you type. Its like a mountain with the sun over it.
                                                                  I've an imgur guide somewhere...

here
                                                                  Last edited by DeadParrot; 03-02-20, 22:38.
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                    SF - 25%
                                                                    FF - 23%
                                                                    FG - 20%
                                                                    GP - 8%
                                                                    Won't translate into either votes or seats. I see the FF'er calling SF 'Trumpist' on de telly which is both ironic and true
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                      SF - 25%
                                                                      FF - 23%
                                                                      FG - 20%
                                                                      GP - 8%
                                                                      the 20% indos is gonna be interesting there...
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

if they start building the cars of the future they will -

Tesla is the first non Chinese majority owned company to build a large factory there - in the worlds biggest car market, with all of the advantages that does with locally produced

Are you arguing Toyota will be larger than Tesla in 5 years?
                                                                        Where did I say that? You brought up Toyota.

I asked about the data because I don't understand what data you're referring to and how others can't obtain similar.

Also, I question how valuable being a leader in AI is given I suspect we're a generation away from it's widespread application.

That said, Toyota does have a 30% bigger market cap than Tesla so probably a pretty safe bet that they'll be bigger in 5 years as of today.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          Won't translate into either votes or seats.
                                                                          25% would be theoretically 40 seats but they are only standing 42 candidates so it's almost impossible for it to turn into seats alright.
                                                                          Even with some normal fall-off on the day it does suggest they will have near enough to gain a quota in most constituencies. Something like 19% is a lock in 4 and 5 seaters.
                                                                          Fwiw they opinion-polled 14.9% in the last Irish Times poll in 2016 and got 13.8% on the day, so the fall-off may not be as great as we might think.

Comment

Where did I say that? You brought up Toyota.

I asked about the data because I don't understand what data you're referring to and how others can't obtain similar.

Also, I question how valuable being a leader in AI is given I suspect we're a generation away from it's widespread application.

That said, Toyota does have a 30% bigger market cap than Tesla so probably a pretty safe bet that they'll be bigger in 5 years as of today.
                                                                            for every bear there is a bull. that's fine.

the data is their sensor and camera data re billions of miles driven, which puts everyone else way behind. and they are not locked into location maps like others either. it's real world.

that sounds like a 50 yoyo bet re Tesla vs Toyota if you fancy

Comment

for every bear there is a bull. that's fine.

the data is their sensor and camera data re billions of miles driven, which puts everyone else way behind. and they are not locked into location maps like others either. it's real world.

that sounds like a 50 yoyo bet re Tesla vs Toyota if you fancy
                                                                              No thanks, 50e bets five years out on a subject I'm not privy about is not of interest to me.

On the point above, the "billions of miles of data" seem irrelevant to me if others can catch up rather quickly given their current market share.

I know Denny is very knowledgable on the subject and if he thinks Ford is way ahead in the domain of autonomous driving, I'm happy enough to accept that given you didn't give me an answer.

Comment

I know Denny is very knowledgable on the subject
                                                                                He must have made millions shorting them recently

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                  25% would be theoretically 40 seats but they are only standing 42 candidates so it's almost impossible for it to turn into seats alright.
                                                                                  Even with some normal fall-off on the day it does suggest they will have near enough to gain a quota in most constituencies. Something like 19% is a lock in 4 and 5 seaters.
                                                                                  Fwiw they opinion-polled 14.9% in the last Irish Times poll in 2016 and got 13.8% on the day, so the fall-off may not be as great as we might think.
                                                                                  I'm always cautious with this stuff due to the Nate Silver maxim that whenever pundits with no special information confidently proclaim the polls to be wrong the polls end up being wrong in the opposite direction to the one confidently proclaimed.

You would think the polling companies have been attempting to adjust their results for the SF underperform/FF overperform.

Comment

I know Denny is very knowledgable on the subject and if he thinks Ford is way ahead in the domain of autonomous driving, I'm happy enough to accept that
                                                                                    I don't think it's possible to be very knowledgeable on the topic really. I think it's mostly based on whether you think Musk is a genius or a chancer. I'm firmly in the chancer (and a not very impressive example) camp. Though I'm still amazed that Apple ever became more than a niche company for ponces.
                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                      He must have made millions shorting them recently
                                                                                      Same as any form of gambling where you have an edge I guess, variance is inevitable.
                                                                                      It's Denny's field and he has clearly done the research to support his position irrespective of the outcome.

As Collie rightly said, predicting the madness of crowds is near to impossible.

I have no issue with Musk & Tesla going to the moon both figuratively and literally, there was just nothing in what Paul said/showed that made me think Tesla has an edge not easily diminished.

I think we might not live to see the widespread application of autonomous cars given that even in the event the tech existed, it would require widespread application so that humans wouldn't interfere, government's would need to agree in light of millions being out of work, it's a mammoth political task let alone technological.

Also, on the superior volume of data that Tesla has, I think it can be easy caught up with because other companies cumulatively drive far greater distances than Tesla based on current market share. If the tech exists(is better according to Denny) for someone like Ford, they can catch up with Tesla at an exponential rate.

Comment

There should be an inquest into the manner in which Irish Times conducts their surveys. They had Peter Casey at 2% for a long time in the presidential election with a small margin of error. SF figures seem wildly inflated this time, like all the people were sampled in a dole queue in Ballymun.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Same as any form of gambling where you have an edge I guess, variance is inevitable.
                                                                                          It's Denny's field and he has clearly done the research to support his position irrespective of the outcome.

As Collie rightly said, predicting the madness of crowds is near to impossible.

I have no issue with Musk & Tesla going to the moon both figuratively and literally, there was just nothing in what Paul said/showed that made me think Tesla has an edge not easily diminished.

I think we might not live to see the widespread application of autonomous cars given that even in the event the tech existed, it would require widespread application so that humans wouldn't interfere, government's would need to agree in light of millions being out of work, it's a mammoth political task let alone technological.

Also, on the superior volume of data that Tesla has, I think it can be easy caught up with because other companies cumulatively drive far greater distances than Tesla based on current market share. If the tech exists(is better according to Denny) for someone like Ford, they can catch up with Tesla at an exponential rate.

I don't have any opinion on Tesla as such, I think it's unlikely anyone person could develop an opinion that would be worth much, even if you devoted your entire life to it. What you certainly can do, and I think Denny and Paul are guilty of, is developing an opinion based on a relatively small amount of information and then using confirmation bias to cement that opinion into their psyche. The sad thing is one of them will turn out to be right and will think it validates their reasoning.

Just on the autonomous driving, I think we will see it - you're right about the large impact, but as a species we always introduce new technology and worry about the consequences afterwards, I doubt this time will be any different.

The whole TESLA thing is quite a story, I'm sure it will be an incredible story for future generations, either folly or genius.

Elon recently released a track: Don't doubt your vibe

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                            There should be an inquest into the manner in which Irish Times conducts their surveys. They had Peter Casey at 2% for a long time in the presidential election with a small margin of error. SF figures seem wildly inflated this time, like all the people were sampled in a dole queue in Ballymun.
                                                                                            It's done by IPSOS for the Irish Times, the paper doesn't do it themselves.
                                                                                            IPSOS have been around for decades and seem to have a decent reputation (though I know little about the industry and it could be very corrupt)

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                              Though I'm still amazed that Apple ever became more than a niche company for ponces.
                                                                                              Apple remain, as they always were, a niche company for ponces.

Ponces are just about the biggest demographic on the planet and Apple own that niche

Comment

Vietnam certaily know how to deal with the bankers:

Comment

What you certainly can do, and I think Denny and Paul are guilty of, is developing an opinion based on a relatively small amount of information and then using confirmation bias to cement that opinion into their psyche.
                                                                                                  How much information are you basing that opinion on?

Comment

Blast from the past:

Comment

Blast from the past:

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                        Link doesn’t work?

Vietnam certaily know how to deal with the bankers:

https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-04-...CjgcMNAP7ocOcY
                                                                                                        Another indictment of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                          Link doesn’t work?

Another indictment of the country.
                                                                                                          Which country?

Comment

Which country?
                                                                                                            Any country that applies the death sentence

Comment

Any country that applies the death sentence
                                                                                                              So you don't think there is any situation where capital punishment is deserved?
                                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                It's 2020. Executions are something from the dark ages and countries that allow them are less evolved, not to say barbaric.

Thankfully we live in a more enlightened state.

Comment

It's 2020. Executions are something from the dark ages and countries that allow them are less evolved, not to say barbaric.

Nice politician answer that doesn't actually answer the question.
                                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Supporting capital punishment should be punishable by death...

Comment

Nope. None.

Even if it is deserved we still should not countenance doing it.

It’s also Ineffective as a deterrent, more expensive than prison (which is really saying something) and the risk of getting it wrong is not worth ever EVER getting it right.
                                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                        I've an imgur guide somewhere...

here
                                                                                                                        http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ostcount=52719
                                                                                                                        Cheers link broken in that.

Here I'll attach a tweet instead

Comment

Remember that next time you are quoting a US President!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X