Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
    Three players that scored in at least three games-in-a-row against Man United in the Premier League?

You'll easily get one, 100% won't get another, and might get the final one.
    Aguero?
    Le Tiss?
    Jimmy Floyd?

Also Danny Murphy - that cunt used to keep all his goals for us.
    Last edited by Dice75; 12-12-19, 12:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Is WFH really an acronym that people use?
      Generally I say I am twerking from home which leads to blank stares.

But yeah, it is. Like OOO.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Fucktard from Mayo in the dail going on about the war on drugs

Concert promoters apparently...

They are making fortunes promoting concerts (news to
        anyone who has worked in a venue etc) and have to
        take responsibility

Straight out of the 70's
        Last edited by Guest; 12-12-19, 12:33.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          This reminds me, I need to go and get many smoked, cured and spiced meats for the xmas period.
          I help a fellow out last year and found myself with a load of good stuff.
          But I honestly don't know where to BUY it.
          Is it as simple as going to fallon and byrnes or avoca or something and handing them €50 and a brown bag and say fill er up?
          I would follow some Italians around and see where they shop.

Never really taken to F&B, or the equally wanky Dollards but they might be your best bet. My local poncy Nolans supermarket is good enough for me - or would be if I wasn't expecting some artisan stuff to arrive shortly from sp.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Mrs DIII and I often talked about it. Cash in the Dublin equity and move down the country. She can get a senior-ish HSE job anywhere and I can WFH.

She comes from small town Ireland and would never go back. And I can understand why, dreary shite where everyone knows your business going back 10 generations. Nothing to do beyond the GAA club and drinking.

So you're left with the cities and tbh, I do't see any of them as having a patch on Dublin. Galway is the best of them but is wet as fuck and traffic-choked.
            Galway really must be one of the wettest places on earth. I grew up in Sligo which gets its fair share of rain but spent 5 years as a carless student in Galway, enjoyed every minute of living there but man did we get pissed on a lot.

Comment

Sandycove shirley?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                Aguero?
                Le Tiss?
                Jimmy Floyd?

Also Danny Murphy - that cunt used to keep all his goals for us.
                Yes for Aguero (the easy one). He has actually scored 4-in-a-row against Man U in the Prem League funnily enough.

No for Le Tiss and Hasselbaink.

Comment

PP enhancing No Overall Majority bet

11/4 now...

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                    Fucktard from Mayo in the daily going on about the war on drugs

Concert promoters apparently...

They are making fortunes promoting concerts (news to
                    anyone who has worked in a venue etc) and have to
                    take responsibility

Straight out of the 70's
                    El details ?

Comment

Three players that scored in at least three games-in-a-row against Man United in the Premier League?

Mark Viduka used to score agianst them a lot when Leeds were decent.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                        El details ?
                        Dail not daily, fucking bigoted English spell checker

Leaders questions, war on drugs...
                        War on drugs... Only 5 Guards in drug department in Mayo

And concert promoters... Must take responsibility

Same fella will be going on about pubs closing in 6 months or so

Must want full body searches at the door of every pub and venue
                        Either that or throw out everyone who acts a little odd

I always found covering surfaces in baby oil and following blokes who go to toilets in pairs worked well
                        Last edited by Guest; 12-12-19, 12:34.

Comment

Fk you Jiggerman now they'll be listing off every Tom Dick and Harry just to remind us of the goals scored against UTD. . Things are bad enough without these questions.

Comment

That war on drugs has been going 40 years now. Who's winning?

Comment

Solicitors, accountants, bankers and Paul Williams
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The CIA

Comment

11/4 now...
                                  Where there's life there's hope.

He slipped! He's down!!The unseen hazards of jumps racing

Comment

Sigh... scrap that.

Was doing insights in work for the Man U vs Arsenal match coming up soon.

It's actually ACTIVE players.

Aguero, Benteke and Pascal Gross

Auba can make it 3 in a row if he scores against them.

Comment

Reminded me of this classic

Comment

On Dublin vs Culchie debate, decent overview of ESRI's most recent report on housing affordability in Ireland:
                                        SPOILER

Comment

Five capital cities in Europe beginning with V is a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                            Five capital cities in Europe beginning with V is a good one.
                                            SPOILER
                                            Vilnius
                                            Vatican
                                            Vienna
                                            Valetta

and eh, fuck

Comment

Widespread adoption of Heineken zero on draught a gamechanger for those nights out where you don’t want next day to be a complete write off.
                                              Nod to the barman every time it’s your round and the alcohol police are none the wiser.

Comment

Winter sea swimming is like what I imagine taking coke is like (with none of the downsides)
                                                The insta lifestyle and wellness “guru” crowd are really piling into it now which somehow takes a bit of the shine off but if you can find a group who meet up to do for free it’s well worth it

Comment

11/4 now...
                                                  5/2....

Comment

The only divorced US President before Trump?

Comment

5/2....
                                                      9/4...

Comment

SPOILER
                                                        Vilnius
                                                        Vatican
                                                        Vienna
                                                        Valetta

and eh, fuck
                                                        SPOILER
                                                        Vaduz

You'd spot the non football fan a mile away

Comment

Shaun Goater?

I have a very hazy memory of him scoring against United a bit.
                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            I'd expect the sea to be a small bit warmer now than in May.

Listening to people talk about swimming in rivers and lakes all year and that is just mental
                                                            Yeah, a mates mam, now well into her seventies, swims almost every day all year round in the sea. I'd defo be a May to September fair weather swimmer.

There is also one woman where I swim, who is at least in her sixties, who does it daily, naked. Not a bother to her, plus she way fitter than Helen Mirren.

Comment

Torres is the first one that came to my mind back when he used to terrorise Vidic and Ferdinand with relative ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                Yeah, a mates mam, now well into her seventies, swims almost every day all year round in the sea. I'd defo be a May to September fair weather swimmer.

There is also one woman where I swim, who is at least in her sixties, who does it daily, naked. Not a bother to her, plus she way fitter than Helen Mirren.

Do I need to spell it out...

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                  Your hero

Think Nancy was his 2nd wife

Comment

I say WFH as a title of many an email, one that appeared recently is 1:1, I had never seen it written before this year and now it's just non stop. There is some word for noticing it more, but I had just never seen it.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                      henry, Freddie Ljungberg, anelka
                                                                      Last edited by newbie2; 12-12-19, 15:39.

Comment

Your Helen Mirren
                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 12-12-19, 15:43.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          henry, Freddie Ljungberg, anelka
                                                                          Yes, Yes, no - But the whole thing is ruined now because I mistakingly wrote the question in the first place ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                            Torres is the first one that came to my mind back when he used to terrorise Vidic and Ferdinand with relative ease.
                                                                            Good call

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                              Shaun Goater?

I have a very hazy memory of him scoring against United a bit.
                                                                              3 goals in 2 games.

Close but no cigar.
                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

11/4 now...
                                                                                Enhancement now 9/4

Is it on?

Comment

One of the best scenes in cinematic history

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                    3 goals in 2 games.

Close but no cigar.
                                                                                    Yup, Goater played against Man U four times.

Only scored in two games

Comment

Yes, Yes, no - But the whole thing is ruined now because I mistakingly wrote the question in the first place ha.
                                                                                      I obviously didn't read the question and was counting the 1998 Charity Shield for Anelka.

I'll hang my head

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                        I obviously didn't read the question and was counting the 1998 Charity Shield for Anelka.

I'll hang my head
                                                                                        Haha I'll take the blame.

Question meant to be Which Active Players have done it.

Fancy Auba to do it next week, so it's a fairly easy insight

Comment

Labour majority is currently 38 on betfair in a highly liquid market. I'm shocked by the amount of uncertainly in modern political polls and forecasts that that isn't a million.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

...
                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Still 8/15 Con majority.

It's gonna be a sweat though. As predicted, will be screaming at the TV at 4am praying for the denizens of Little-Goatfuck-On-Sea to vote the right\wrong way in a cliffhanger. All so I can win meat.

Comment

Gonna go vegan if I lose this one.

Comment

Still 8/15 Con majority.

It's gonna be a sweat though. As predicted, will be screaming at the TV at 4am praying for the denizens of Little-Goatfuck-On-Sea to vote the right\wrong way in a cliffhanger. All so I can win meat.
                                                                                                  What's your plan for watching the results? I'm not going to try an all nighter, so thinking of going for a kip after the exit poll and getting up about 5.
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                      What's your plan for watching the results? I'm not going to try an all nighter, so thinking of going for a kip after the exit poll and getting up about 5.
                                                                                                      I'll be working until about 8, and then stupidly got myself roped into umpiring a hockey match at 8.30

Normally would go for pints after that but wife out boozing () so will have to straight home to relieve 13 y/o daughter of stress of minding 2 siblings.

Pour something alcoholic and see what happens imo

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                          Go to bed with 5Live on earphones

Comment

Surprisingly close, if the odds are accurate, given the entire brit media has done its level best to make corbyn out as the second coming of the ayatollah komeini, and pretended to be delighted at the sophisticated humour of johnson's campaign of bulldozers, milk delivery, and hiding in fridges.
                                                                                                            Yeah, you can tell they really did a number on Corbyn when you have Denny repeating their talking points in here.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                              Widespread adoption of Heineken zero on draught a gamechanger for those nights out where you don’t want next day to be a complete write off.
                                                                                                              Nod to the barman every time it’s your round and the alcohol police are none the wiser.
                                                                                                              Was walking past a revolving ad, first was for vegan BK burger, second was for Heineken zero. At christmas time, the hedonists holiday. I don't recognise this country.

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                              I can think of approximately 5 other golf clubs in similar proximity to the city that could also be sacrificed.

We have too many as things stand, unfortunately I doubt those are the ones that are struggling to stay afloat.
                                                                                                              Any ev in signing up?

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                              Dail not daily, fucking bigoted English spell checker

Leaders questions, war on drugs...
                                                                                                              War on drugs... Only 5 Guards in drug department in Mayo

And concert promoters... Must take responsibility

Same fella will be going on about pubs closing in 6 months or so

Must want full body searches at the door of every pub and venue
                                                                                                              Either that or throw out everyone who acts a little odd

I always found covering surfaces in baby oil and following blokes who go to toilets in pairs worked well
                                                                                                              I saw far far less of that in Colombia than you'd see in a normal night out in Dublin. Mainly only for homeless locals over there. They've a bit more pep in their step than our folks.

Comment

Dessie Farrell

Comment

...

Comment

Need a WFHFriday
                                                                                                                    My job/office offer unlimited WFH days at the moment. It's really handy for a number of reasons. Just needs a few people to take the piss and ruin it for everyone though. That's always the danger.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                      Was walking past a revolving ad, first was for vegan BK burger, second was for Heineken zero. At christmas time, the hedonists holiday. I don't recognise this country.
                                                                                                                      I've always said it.

December nut worst month for going out. January greatest month by far.

Witness the timing of the HHE dinner.

Comment

...

Comment

[QUOTE=Hitchhiker's Guide Every taxi driver is a coke dealer. [/QUOTE]

Sounds more like Dublin

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X