Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    It's fairly shocking that Ireland have scored less goals than games played in this group, especially considering one of those sides contains a team where players have day jobs aside from football and set a record for most goals conceded last campaign.

Only hope tonight is one of those 1-0's where we surrender like 75% of the ball and frustrate the living daylights out of Denmark. If they score early I could easily see a repeat of the trouncing they gave here before.
    I thought hardly ever putting the ball in the net was always a hallmark of Irish teams?

I think we average considerably less than a goal a game in major championship finals? Even in the glory days of Charlton....
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      I thought hardly ever putting the ball in the net was always a hallmark of Irish teams?

I think we average considerably less than a goal a game in major championship finals? Even in the glory days of Charlton....
      Big difference between major champs and qualifiers though. If you cant score against the minnows you enter minnow territory yourself.

The lowest goal tally we managed in any qualification campaign since 2006 was 12. We currently have 6. Literally none of our lads are scoring even semi regularly at their clubs either. Dark days. Robbie Keane had his critics but his poaching was usually the difference in an away day win at the likes of Georgia that we struggle to achieve these days.
      Profit before people.

Comment

You could take all that to mean they are great value to score a few tonight
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
          Anybody know when this was introduced or is the format in use elsewhere? Would kinda give me the bug to play a little more. The dumb yank on his phone and the annoying guys in the tank are forced into paying attention and acting. Tis class.

Not sure when the first use of it was but a lot of the 25k+ high roller events have been using it over the past few years

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
            A rare poker related post.

I spent the past 2 days playing a Party Poker 1k event and i'd have to say that despite bubbling it was a very enjoyable game. Why? A fast game is a good game!

Day 1 - Everybody has 20 seconds to act and has 4 x 30 second time bank extensions to fall back on.
            Day 2 - Everybody has 30 seconds to act and has 6 x 30 second time bank extensions to fall back on.

The pace of play was solid and constant and overall it made it somewhat enjoyable. I am not familiar with live events at all and play maybe 1 NLH tournament like this every 2 years. Anybody know when this was introduced or is the format in use elsewhere? Would kinda give me the bug to play a little more. The dumb yank on his phone and the annoying guys in the tank are forced into paying attention and acting. Tis class.
            Have played a couple games in DTD in Nottingham this year and they use this too (maybe thats where you were). Handy to get to and not the worst town for grub/drinks either if you bust.

Edit just remembered Bahamas has started so if you are there, well, GFYGAB
            Last edited by Dice75; 18-11-19, 15:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              ... but tbh those areas send in loopers into the dail who will never get into power and so govs are only half-assed to chase their votes by putting proper effort into their communities.

A prime example is the 3bn into rural broadband. Thats because there's a lot of potential gov seats in those constituencies, so politicians are reacting to those incentives. They do put effort into things like extra spending for schools in inner city Dublin, but a bit less enthusiastically as it never seems to translate into votes.
              I mean, conceptually I get where you are coming from, but working class areas have only shifted to the loopers as you call them within the last 2 election cycles.
              They've voted along familial Treaty lines or Labour for as long as I can remember .
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Sondland this week will be very interesting. Political appointee, gave $1m to Trump and was at the heart of the shakedown.

Very much looks as though he'll be prioritising his own ass over Trump.

Which will pretty much prove the case (already fairly rock solid) that Trump made military aid to an ally conditional on digging dirt on Biden.

The question really is will that cause any Senate Republicans to flip? Or indeed Trump voters.
                This was my point.

This doesn't matter if the Dems run Biden in 2020.

If they flip, great, Biden then gets tarred and feathered with same brush Trump did, sketchy foreign corruption. Because there is definitely something iffy about Hunter out there and with all thats gone on, it'll be a focus for everyone in the republican party in 2020.

If they don't flip, then Biden can't use the impeachment against Trump in the election battles because he's likely in the very same boat, and will have to explain Hunter and again, thats iffy.
                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                  The more I think about it. The more the Democracts are fucking themselves with these impeachement hearings... yet there is nothing else to be done.

This goes one of two ways:

1. Public sentiment turns, Republicans get worried and force Trump to resign. Pence takes over. Maybe Dems go after him too because he's obviously compromised. He resigns and then we see who they run in 2020. If they don't I think they run someone else in 2020 anyway.

2. Republicans stick by Trump because they believe the public doesn't care enough. They are safe enough.

In either of these circumstances if Biden is the dem candidate in 2020 he gets eviscerated. Hunter and Burisma will be all over the news. Clearly something sketchy is going on there, or was, and even if not... that wont matter to the Republican spin machine and any even remotely right leaning voter.

So do they run Biden? if they don't is it Sanders or Warren? They need to run someone who is bulletproof from a moral and ethical standpoint and then... that person needs to be acceptable to the middle. Does that person exist?
                  Biden would be a ridiculous decision in sight of the context of the current hearings.
                  No smoke without fire would torpedo his campaign.
                  Bernie is too old
                  Warren is too but she ticks most if not all the good boxes without the red scare that Bernie brings
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    Its Rich Boyd Barrett and Posh Boy Murphy

Ah howerrya Zod me oul segotia did ya have some nice coddle for your dinna, good to hear from ya, shure you're da heart of the rowl.

Accents have gone to shite since Niall Tobin died.
                    Niall Tobin and "Dicey Riley" references, you'll be posting from the front row of Live at 3 next.

I've yet to see anyone "offended" by the Blackrock lads, other than to say how annoying the voicemail is.
                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Its a fight for the 20% of the country that identify as being republican but know it can't be Trump. And depending on who the Dems run it may be also a fight for the 20% that identify as Democrat but can't hack the Bernie agenda.

1. If Trump gets impeached, and Dems run Warren. Republicans win. Because that 20% will have a new conservative to identify with without the baggage of Trump.

2. If Trump gets impeached and Dems run Sanders. Republicans win but by larger margin than above.

3. If Trump doesn't get impeached and Dems run Warren. This is the closest one for me.

4. If Trump doesn't get impeached and Dems run Sanders. This is a republican win.

5. In any case if they run Biden they are hosed.
                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        Biden would be a ridiculous decision in sight of the context of the current hearings.
                        No smoke without fire would torpedo his campaign.
                        Bernie is too old
                        Warren is too but she ticks most if not all the good boxes without the red scare that Bernie brings

Comment

Buttigieg could come out of Iowa with serious momentum.

And, of course, Bloomberg could just buy the nomination.

Comment

Robbie Keane had his critics but his poaching was usually the difference in an away day win at the likes of Georgia that we struggle to achieve these days.
                            As a general rule any football "fan" who didn't appreciate that Robbie Keane was an incredibly talented player knows sweet fuck all about football. Pure begrudgery is all it ever was, and in a parallel to the other conversation here probably has a lot to do with where he was from which makes it all the more moronic.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                              As a general rule any football "fan" who didn't appreciate that Robbie Keane was an incredibly talented player knows sweet fuck all about football. Pure begrudgery is all it ever was, and in a parallel to the other conversation here probably has a lot to do with where he was from which makes it all the more moronic.
                              What are you talking about? How are they even remotely related?

Comment

What are you talking about? How are they even remotely related?
                                You don't think that Robbie had a very distinctive accent?

And that it affected people's perception of him?

I witnessed some very disparaging comments about Robbie from the stands over the years and the vast majority of it referred to where he was from, and it certainly wasnt in a positive way.

But in short anyone that doesn't consider him an absolute Irish legend and one of our greatest players ever is an idiot!!

Comment

I witnessed some very disparaging comments about Robbie from the stands over the years and the vast majority of it referred to where he was from, and it certainly wasnt in a positive way.

But in short anyone that doesn't consider him an absolute Irish legend and one of our greatest players ever is an idiot!!
                                  I'm very surprised at the bolded bit above. I've been going to Ireland games for a very long time and have never heard him be criticised over where he was from.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                    I'm very surprised at the bolded bit above. I've been going to Ireland games for a very long time and have never heard him be criticised over where he was from.
                                    Never heard it at away games but it was audible frequently at the home games.

Comment

Really weird when most of the fans are from traditional working class areas such as Tallaght.

Comment

He did.

I dont. Although maybe thats naive.

Fair enough. I've never had a convo with anyone criticizing him where they used his accent as a detractor but I guess I could see it be a thing.

His celebration maybe. A cartwheel. ffs.

He is an absolute Irish legend however. Forever.

Comment

His celebration maybe. A cartwheel. ffs. .
                                          Our biggest problem now is we have no idea how any of them celebrate scoring!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                            Really weird when most of the fans are from traditional working class areas such as Tallaght.
                                            I despise the term but I'm talking about your "bandwagon" fans here, and I say never heard a single negative comment on Robbie at away games.

Comment

Egan
                                              1-0
                                              @180/1
                                              2-0
                                              @300/1

Chooooo Chooooo
                                              Last edited by Guest; 18-11-19, 18:48.

Comment

There avin a go at our greatest goalscorer now.

Comment

I did an ole inspired mcgoldrick 1st GS

Comment

We all live in a Tallaght housing scheme. A Tallaght housing scheme, a Tallaght housing scheme.
                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

McClean 1-0 and Duffy 1-0 for the patriotic sweat

Comment

Hendrick & McClean to turn up for the first time in 3 years. Egan to have a monster with Duffy. Doherty MOTM. 1-0.

Reminds me of the Dutch match with the full away end.

Comment

Ready to watch THE national team add to the long list of achievements greater than anything the mentally fragile rugger boys have done in their World Cup warm up comp

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                            Ready to watch THE national team add to the long list of achievements greater than anything the mentally fragile rugger boys have done in their World Cup warm up comp
                                                            Horseplay aside . We done nuthin in the Soccer . NI put us to shame tbh.

Ole ole ole ohshit

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                              Can AJ plwase give the short version of what happens if we lose tonight re playoffs etc and how playoffs work (if we are even in them?)
                                                              Some stupid internet-shield installed in work over the weekend. Doesn't allow IPB because 'gambling content', though comically has no problem with paddypowers/Ladbrokes etc.
                                                              Glad to see you got an answer anyway from some good souls, I might take on one or two as assistant nerds eventually.
                                                              Will answer any random trivia at evenings and weekends only for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                Horseplay aside . We done nuthin in the Soccer . NI put us to shame tbh.

Ole ole ole ohshit
                                                                Just qualifying for a major football tournament is objectively a far greater achievement than winning any rugby comp given the far greater competition you face. Rugby has the depth of a paddling pool

Comment

Rugby boys have made seven WC quarter finals vs one for the soccer team?

Comment

Our comrade Bubbleking was the arch anti-Keano from memory. I think he was still scoring goals about 8 years after BK wanted him retired.

Comment

Rugby boys have made seven WC quarter finals vs one for the soccer team?

Comment

Yeah poor attempt

Genuine question though - what would par for this team be to match the rugby if they won a WC?

Comment

Sat Nav advice...
                                                                          Where would one park if staying in The Abbey Hotel.

Mia is going to a concent in The Academy Sat week and as usual I haven't a clue and very nervous about driving around city centre
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                            Sat Nav advice...

Where would one park if staying in The Abbey Hotel.

Mia is going to a concent in The Academy Sat week and as usual I haven't a clue and very nervous about driving around city centre
                                                                            Red Cow and Luas would be my call if you're not too keen on city centre

Comment

Yep, red cow park and ride. €4 for 24 hours and Luas. Always used to do that when travelling up for games or a weekend

Comment

...
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Darragh Maloney has the look of a man who knows we wouldn't score a goal in the second half even if we were playing against a team of training cones.

Comment

Red Cow and Luas would be my call if you're not too keen on city centre
                                                                                    You may find this odd, dunno how luas operates fully, think I was on it twice in my life. Is it safe to leave car from maybe 2 pm sat to maybe 5 pm Sunday, how much is it? also have a slight phobia.

I genuinely haven't a clue. Re lines where to get off etc.

I'm completely clueless on this stuff as alot of ye know.

I parked in temple Street car park once and tbh the drive and parking etc wasnt as horrific as I thought
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Yeah poor attempt

Genuine question though - what would par for this team be to match the rugby if they won a WC?
                                                                                      Getting out of group stage in World Cup finals
                                                                                      Pretty much same in euros
                                                                                      So soccer team has won Rugby World Cup 4 times

Comment

Time for some real halftime chat again to galvanize these lads
                                                                                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Yeah poor attempt

Score more than 2 goals in a game
                                                                                          Any game

Comment

You may find this odd, dunno how luas operates fully, think I was on it twice in my life. Is it safe to leave car from maybe 2 pm sat to maybe 5 pm Sunday, how much is it? also have a slight phobia.

I parked in temple Street car park once and tbh the drive and parking etc wasnt as horrific as I thought
                                                                                            Can get you a good rate in city west hotel for the night and u can get Luas from it and back and leave car in city west in peace

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                              Can get you a good rate in city west hotel for the night and u can get Luas from it and back and leave car in city west in peace
                                                                                              Have abbey hotel booked as its very close to Academy. I'm not going to concert Mia and her friend are so it's handy being near by if you get me so I can collect her.

Thanks very much though!
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

The luas has announcements for every stop in plenty of time for you to realise yours is coming up. Theres also a map of the stops above the doors so you can see what stop is before yours to be prepared for it. The stop you're looking for is Abbey Street or Sraid na Mainistreach as Gaeilge. You'll have to walk back the way you came for The Academy, it's impossible to miss.

Parking is €4 for 24 hours and if you're going to be over 24 hours you can top it up with your phone by texting your reg to a number. I dont know the number but its advertised at the pay machine in the car park.

Use Google maps when you get to Abbey street to find the hotel.

Apart from coming in and holding your hand, cant do any more

Comment

Just see you have the Abbey hotel. It's literally next door to the academy. So get off luas, walk back the way you came in a straight line and you cant miss either of them. Academy has massive lights and signs up outside it

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                    Don't be acting like we don't remember your first forays into the big smoke.

Comment

The poxy fuckers

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                        Walking down O'Connell St saying "hello, how are ye' to every person he passed.

Comment

Ronnie Whelan constantly says even the most horrific Irish challenges are harsh calls. Very hard to listen to.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

This is a long way from SatNavs first visit tbf lol

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                              The luas has announcements for every stop in plenty of time for you to realise yours is coming up. Theres also a map of the stops above the doors so you can see what stop is before yours to be prepared for it. The stop you're looking for is Abbey Street or Sraid na Mainistreach as Gaeilge. You'll have to walk back the way you came for The Academy, it's impossible to miss.

Parking is €4 for 24 hours and if you're going to be over 24 hours you can top it up with your phone by texting your reg to a number. I dont know the number but its advertised at the pay machine in the car park.

Use Google maps when you get to Abbey street to find the hotel.

Thanks a mil. 169 dollars on meet and greet to some fucking lad I never heard of in my life it has to be perfect
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Ronnie Whelan constantly says even the most horrific Irish challenges are harsh calls. Very hard to listen to.
                                                                                                                Yeah. And McCleans could've been red after Whelans was deemed yellow

Comment

Thanks a mil. 169 dollars on meet and greet to some fucking lad I never heard of in my life it has to be perfect
                                                                                                                  Nice to have splashed out on a toy boy though while the kids are at the concert. Must check out that Meet and Greet website.

Comment

Imagine booking a keeper for time wasting then not adding on that time.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Who is the singer?

Comment

Imagine booking a keeper for time wasting then not adding on that time.
                                                                                                                        Just said the same to the brother. Lads in studio saying that's the best Ireland have played for years. Against a disinterested side that didnt need to win the game. Ireland didnt even get going until going 1 down.

Comment

Hard luck Ireland nearly winning a 6th RWC .
                                                                                                                          Played some great Rugby tackles too. Top notch. Bring on the All Blacks.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X