Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some Kevin Barry fans on here. There's a film out atm based on the characters in his short stories called Dark Lies the Island. Haven't seen it yet, but was googling the director of it and ended up realising there are 3 shorts written by Kevin Barry.

Breakfast wine:
    A multi award winning short starring Dylan Moran, Pat Shortt and Ruth Bradley. Directed by Ian FitzGibbon

The Ballad of Kid Kanturk:
    Award winning short film made for the Irish Film Board "Signatures" scheme in 2010. Stars Eileen Walsh, Mark Doherty and Mikel Murfi. Written by Kevin…

Ernestine & Kit:
    This is "Ernestine & Kit (short)" by Creative UK on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

Am I the only one put my money where my mouth is? Before 2019 started I was expecting a half arsed campaign with one eye on the WC 2019. I think we will run them close , we could be peaking at just the right time.

Also FK you Zinzan Brooke (great player all the same).

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
        Am I the only one put my money where my mouth is? Before 2019 started I was expecting a half arsed campaign with one eye on the WC 2019. I think we will run them close , we could be peaking at just the right time.

https://www.irishpost.com/sport/rugb...england-172633
        you peaked last year. You've been woeful all year!

Doesn't mean you can't beat them though!!

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

https://www.irishpost.com/sport/rugb...england-172633
          Think that argument has a lot less merit after the Japan performance tbf. Looking decidedly more like mental fragility or disharmony in the ranks but be delighted if they could peak for tomorrow.
          Profit before people.

Comment

NZ/eng/wales/s Africa accum 6 to 4. Not even a sweat involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Germany <> 'cool'.

Adding Belize and Ethiopia
              Uganda for its organised lawlessness, highest alcohol consumption on that continent too

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                Why don’t teams just ignore the Haka when NZ do it,like just carry on doing their warm up surely it isn’t against the rules?(sorry “laws”)
                Should not be any place for that kind of cultural appropriation in modern sport

In fairness they have their own special brand of rugby bullshit “better people make better all blacks “ and “sweeping the shed”
                Sevu Reece's face dropped when the question came. His shoulders slumped, the volume of his voice dropped to a whisper as he addressed the controversial sliding-doors moment that led to him starting a World Cup quarter-final against Ireland instead of playing PRO14 rugby for Connacht this weekend.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Ireland
                Bhutan
                Botswana
                Finland
                Denmark
                Ethiopia
                Oman
                Qatar
                Jamacia
                One of those LithuStonia places on the baltic but not sure which
                I’d add Georgia, and to a lesser extent Montenegro.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                  NZ/eng/wales/s Africa accum 6 to 4. Not even a sweat involved.
                  Again, I know fuck all about rugby really but can't help feeling the certainty around England beating Australia is fertile ground for a 'surprise for the goys' moment

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                    Think that argument has a lot less merit after the Japan performance tbf. Looking decidedly more like mental fragility or disharmony in the ranks but be delighted if they could peak for tomorrow.
                    Not an argument. It's a belief.

Japan game can be explained . Complacency v passion . We win tomorrow we deserve huge kudos .

Comment

The games at Westminster tomorrow are going to overshadow the games in Japan.

The DUP is effectively a swing of 20 votes. Struggling to see how BoJo makes that up.
                      I think it might sneak through.
                      Arlene is not making enough noise to bother the conscience of the ERG, Trimble is onside and the only one making serious noise is Sammy and no one gives a fuck about Sammy
                      Most of the 21 expelled Tories will vote for it (getting anything less than 15 of them back in the fold is probably instant death for him and the deal).

The real game is how many Labour turkeys will vote for christmas. How many will he need... could be as few as 10 maybe as many as 25. That sounds doable.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        Uganda for its organised lawlessness, highest alcohol consumption on that continent too
                        Not to mention their tabloids

Comment

Yeah took photos on my first day there

SPOILER
                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 18-10-19, 11:44.

Comment

yep.
                            Schmitt leaving being pre-arranged, weight of no#1 ranking, zebo treatment, senior players on a farewall tour, lack of totem player etc.
                            They've been poor since the before the 6 nations.
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                              Your pal Bertie reckons they'll abstain which would be huge.
                              Talking a while ago to people with a business here who send most of their output to England with the rest sold in Roi, most of their inputs are coming from UK too. They were looking at disaster in a no deal but interestingly had mentioned that in a best of both worlds scenario they would have to look at having their next generation factory across the border.

For loads of businesses like them this deal is going to make that kind of approach a no brainer over the next decade.
                              NI boom time coming IMO even that absolute plonker Raab was on the radio this morning going on about what a super deal it was for them to have access to the single market

Comment

This seems to be win win for the DUP.

A no deal would have killed them electorally, this keeps the farmers happy and quiet. They can also shout ULSTER SHAYS NO to appease the hardliners.

I'd say there's secret talks with their ERG hangers on.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                  This seems to be win win for the DUP.

A no deal would have killed them electorally, this keeps the farmers happy and quiet. They can also shout ULSTER SHAYS NO to appease the hardliners.

I'd say there's secret talks with their ERG hangers on.
                                  All the while NI economy booms from their incompetence...

Comment

Anyone ever have an account restricted from Best Odds Guaranteed?

Backed a UK winner at 6s yesterday, returned at 7s. I queried it and have been told "a decision has been made by management to exclude your account from Best Odds Guaranteed".

I've had accounts restricted before but this is new. Betway.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Prompting me to come up with a completely subjective list of pretty cool countries:

Costa Rica

NZ

Slovenia

Thailand

Sri Lanka

Iceland

Estonia

Canada

Denmark

Ireland

Discuss.
                                      Without wanting to sound dramatic, the absence of Vietnam and Cambodia on this list would make me question your decision making ability on every level...

Comment

Backed a UK winner at 6s yesterday, returned at 7s. I queried it and have been told "a decision has been made by management to exclude your account from Best Odds Guaranteed".

Yep, has happened me a few times, fairly common practice next step will be a limit and then finally account closure.

Comment

On the rugby, as the week has gone on, I have managed to convince (read deluded) myself into believing that this has all being part of Joe's masterplan. He has many tricks up his sleeve and we will beat NZ tomorrow

Comment

Fairly common now.

I'd be fairly critical of most of these books(aside from b365) abilities to properly analyse customers.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Opened an account with one lot to back a horse at 7/2

Free bet matched to first bet up to €50, so bet €50

Horse goes off at 7/4 and falls out the arse of TV

Account restricted to price at the off by traders and free bet withdrawn

Comment

Fairly common now.

I'd be fairly critical of most of these books(aside from b365) abilities to properly analyse customers.
                                                Pretty sure that's a dig Duke

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                  On the rugby, as the week has gone on, I have managed to convince (read deluded) myself into believing that this has all being part of Joe's masterplan. He has many tricks up his sleeve and we will beat NZ tomorrow
                                                  so France a -6 underdog has no chance in hell of beating Wales, but Ireland a -11 underdog is a done deal to beat the all blacks?

please take off those green tinted glasses of yours

can't wait for both at this stage!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                    He's been grumpy ever since he failed to defend his Cheltenham tipping comp crown.

Comment

I’ve never had my account restricted, sometimes when I haven’t had a bet in a while , they send a ham to my house and a little ‘are you well’ card.

Comment

back from the pub and now realise i suffer from cenosillicaphobia. terrible affliction.

Comment

Don't quite get what this means
                                                          Cummings still hoping to force no deal which has always been his only win

Parody Boris is the go to guy for the news

Comment

whew!

Just off a week of jury duty
                                                            called twice, once jury filled before getting to me (8 week trial about 200 potential jurors called)
                                                            and another I had to alert I had a professional knowledge of.
                                                            A ridiculous set up, of course well meaning and conducted well but so much wasted time and resources
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                              whew!

Just off a week of jury duty
                                                              called twice, once jury filled before getting to me (8 week trial about 200 potential jurors called)
                                                              and another I had to alert I had a professional knowledge of.
                                                              A ridiculous set up, of course well meaning and conducted well but so much wasted time and resources
                                                              Gawd, so reminded me of my Jury service. Naturally I put myself forward for Jury boss. 1st session, one of the jurors handed me a note saying the questioning was repetitive etc. I just looked at him GTFO. Back in the Jury room I had to explain we are not there to actually question the witness ourselves or ref the barristers . He seemed confused. I quite enjoyed it. Stupid dickheads I the panel wouldn’t budge so we had to go to a retrial. A video of the bloke committing the offence wasn’t enough for these dunderheads.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                back from the pub and now realise i suffer from cenosillicaphobia. terrible affliction.
                                                                What a great word .

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                  Anyone interested in organising a morning/day drinking session Saturday week centered around the England/NZ/Ireland semi final, will there be any places open at 9am when it's on
                                                                  There is a lot of banter in this sentence.

If I was home Id be in, like old time. Go piss Duke off at Jackpot, rock for brekky, watch the game. Go piss Duke off at the Jackpot, rock for brekky.

Slither home.
                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                    Ha, as a 'goodwill gesture', they gave me BOG on the win part only. And confirmed that the restriction stands.

My money is clearly not good enough for them.

Comment

Comment

I want!!!

Comment

Anyone we know?

Comment

Anyone we know?
                                                                            One of riggers many beours he has on the go

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                              Have a spare ticket for a-ha in the three arena the 29th. Seated in block m and going for face value €65 if anyone is interested. Will throw it up on toutless and adverts.ie later.

Also does or did an IPB'er live in Valencia of late? I'm heading there on Sunday for a few days an looking for recommendations.
                                                                              Friend of mine wants this if its still available. PM sent

Comment

Watching the wire again.
                                                                                Why do other tv writers even bother after that season 2 ending.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                  Friend of mine wants this if its still available. PM sent
                                                                                  Just sent ya a reply. Unfortunately the ticket isnt available anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                    Just sent ya a reply. Unfortunately the ticket isnt available anymore.
                                                                                    No worries. Ty

Comment

Mrs D3 and her buddy eyeing up a fourth bottle of vino. I have strategically withdrawn from the fray.

Big day ahead.

Comment

Mrs D3 and her buddy eyeing up a fourth bottle of vino. I have strategically withdrawn from the fray.

Big day ahead.

https://youtu.be/weUHwCjeD7s
                                                                                        Jesus, that’s how bad the haka used to be?
                                                                                        That is to the current version what mark Francois war stories are to some WWI Tommy who cradled his mates guts while he breathed his last. Fuck me

Comment

Jesus, that’s how bad the haka used to be?
                                                                                          Hell, no. It was well on its way to being polished up by that game in the late 80s.
                                                                                          The nadir is the early 70s haka, when a few of them were basically doing daddy dancing.

Haka perpetrada por los All Blacks en 1973 en Cardiff ante un combinado británico -Barbarians-. Entonces no intimidaba tanto...

Comment

Big day ahead.

https://youtu.be/weUHwCjeD7s
                                                                                            Its the hope that gets you, when the stars align tomorrow...we will be in the semis....Ireland by 3
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                              Hell, no. It was well on its way to being polished up by that game in the late 80s.
                                                                                              The nadir is the early 70s haka, when a few of them were basically doing daddy dancing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emJyEa4z2Ec
                                                                                              One of the lads in the middle is doing the self conscious air guitar of a guy who is usually plastered at a wedding but has only got a babysitter till 12

Comment

Watching the wire again.
                                                                                                Why do other tv writers even bother after that season 2 ending.
                                                                                                A lot of people work for financial reasons. It must be difficult, but sometimes bills just have to be paid.
                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Jake Yapp delivers a heavily-reduced version of the BBC's excellent Brexitcast podcast, featuring Laura Kuenssberg, Katya Adler, Chris Mason and Adam Fleming...
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Let's go. Hooper\Healy FTS.

Comment

England look too good

Comment

England look too good

Australia 80% of the ball but stupid mistakes for two tries.

Comment

That was some speed!

Comment

Aussie Aussie Aussie

Game on!

Comment

That was some speed!
                                                                                                              Unbelievable. The fact he we t past him as well on the outside was crazy!

Comment

Aussie Aussie Aussie

Game on!

Fuck!

Comment

This is eerily similar to the Wales-Australia game

Comment

The 'slightly forward' pass is the new 'straight in' at the scrum

Comment

If Australia could add a bit of smarts, they would be a great team.

For someone with Cheika's temperment, this job must be taking years off his life!

Comment

I really like Toomua, he's electric. Hopefully he can do something here.

Comment

Ref has to give England a card at some stage. Persistent penalties.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X