This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Anyone know how to clear an airlock on a Gaggia Kubika, or a repair centre?

Machine is silver, coffee was brown.
    try running a tank through the steamer, let it cool down, turn on again and then try it again

usually works for me
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
      Have gotten my parents the same smartphones for christmas (moto g play) and will now test how primitive people interact with technology from a different era. Perhaps they may even learn from each other as they mash their paws at the screen.
      My parents have had smartphones for a few years. My dad will be 73 in Feb and my mum is 68 and they get on ok. My dad took a job after he retired and had to use a smartphone then but my mum is far better with it and she viber messages and calls, on facebook regular and took to it great.

Handy when you live in another Country for them so we can keep in contact without it costing a fortune.

Comment

Anyone know how to clear an airlock on a Gaggia Kubika, or a repair centre?

Machine is silver, coffee was brown.
        Brown? the Coffee should be more a caramel hue, that could be your problem right there!

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
          German papers saying a Pakistani refugee who arrived with the masses in February.
          Guy has denied involvement.
          ermany’s interior minister, Thomas de Maizière, has just given a press conference in Berlin. He confirmed reports that the arrested man is from Pakistan and had applied for asylum. He arrived in Germany on 31 December 2015 and in Berlin in February.

De Maizière also confirmed that the man, arrested on suspicion of carrying out the attack, denied the charges.

De Maizière said he was not giving much attention to the Isis message claiming responsibility for the attack.
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
              That's the dumbest woman ever to get into Oxford if she does. That's just ...incredibly sad.
              Based upon? A short live interview to the nation conducted in a language which is not her first. I wouldn't align some possible naivety on her part with her being a dunce.

She's working the system probably.
              NSFW.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Must be getting old but can think of a lot of better things to do with €1.5m+ than spend a night chasing an 18yo round the bed

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  Must be getting old but can think of a lot of better things to do with €1.5m+ than spend a night chasing an 18yo round the bed
                  1500 nights in a row with €1000 hookers?
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Savings and wise investments?
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Three two-bedroom houses (in need of modernisation throughout) in Stoneybatter?

Comment

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          Guy has denied involvement.
                          Is there a secret war in Pakistan that this poor man is fleeing from?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                            He could be a gay, m8.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                              kindly do the needful
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anyone spot anything like this on their shopping travels in Dublin. Oil burner, you fill in with water and a few drops of flavoured oil and it scents up a room as well as acting like a lamp.
                                All sold out in Argos at €32, have seen similar in inspiringideas Blanch but €65+.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    My friends. If ever there was proof needed that 2016 is a momentous unprecedented year, those events came to pass this weekend when I was forced to donate money to a very worthy charity Lord's Taverners on the instructions of (*I can barely believe I'm typing this*) one Raoul Duke Esq.

Let me quickly run down the background to this for you. I seem to have forgot to update on the bet during the year for some unknown reason but totally unrelated to its disastrousness.

At the beginning of January I was a happy-go-lucky man full of hope for the year. Believing this to be a normal year I resolved to once again take Raoul's money and bet on the FTSE100 rising 15%. Unfortunately I was somewhat in the beers and made a classic error known to traders all over the world of a fat-finger trade, when instead of typing +15% I wrote -15%.

An artists reconstruction of the event:

Much to my bafflement there has evidently been some editing of my posts at the time by insider mods in cahoots with Raoul as there is also comments there from me saying things like "doom and gloom baby yeah!" and "lets ride this market rollercoaster down to hell". Clearly not my words.

Around February I noticed this error and the surrounding mod conspiracy. It was too late. I am a man of honour (when forced to be, otherwise it depends) and felt the only thing to do was to make this work. At that point, in desperation, I turned to the BBV resident psychologist...

SatNav, in her infinite wisdom, pondered on my dillemma and recommended The Secret. It is a shame she is now lost to the world of psychology but we all know deep down in our hearts that she is selling more than Sky One and Dave to the good folk visiting Portlaoise Shopping Centre: she is selling Redemption!!

(incidentally she asked me to mention that The Shawshank Redemption is showing in full HD glory on Sky Movies over the Christmas).

So here I am with The Secret and I realise that what needs to happen is I need to imagine a future where the FTSE100 has fallen 15%. I imagine terrible things happening, the worst you can imagine. I imagine the UK turning into an isolated rock bereft of economic connection to its main European trading partner. I imagine a grand idiocracy rising in that great land to the west led by a fool uttering things that would cause markets to tremble and fall. These all came to pass, of course, because such is the power of pseudo-science.

But there was one thing I'd overlooked. My own genius. I *knew* the markets would rise, and not even The Secret could undo that truth.

And sure enough this power overwhelmed and the market is currently up 22% on the year. Some might look at this on paper and think 'he made a 37% catastrophic misprediction, I hope to fck he's not passing on his knowledge to anyone, perhaps in an educational institution'. Thats crazy talk! That would put me in the league of the worst stock market predictors of all time. But you now know the true story and can rest easy at night.

I know some of you are going to claim that I'm the moral winner here, but please, its okay. Your silence and uncritical acceptance of everything stated above says that anyway.

😂😂😂😂
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

the best bit was to get him to donate his lovely French-taxpayer Euros to a very English charity

Comment

oh, and pick your bets for next year

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                          Chinese closed half an hour+ before advertised. Ought to be a capital offence.
                                          It would be in China.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            the best bit was to get him to donate his lovely French-taxpayer Euros to a very English charity
                                            What about a political donation?

Comment

I somewhat agree with pokerhand. Actually spent a lot, too much time thinking about this since last night.

Came across this absolute blood boiling cunt of a feminazi on twitter last night. I didn't interact as I knew it would send me over the edge.

She was so stereotypical it seemed like a parody account. Basically, the Germans deserved it for WWII, she had no sympathy for the dead but only had sympathy for 'POC and Muslims who face bigotry'.

Every white male is a racist bastard, she hates racists. And hates white men.

Actually went to bed fuming, she trolled me good.
                                              Which reminds me of a joke:

Why do Sumo wrestlers shave their body hair ?

SPOILER
                                              So they don't get confused with Feminists.
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                Anyone spot anything like this on their shopping travels in Dublin. Oil burner, you fill in with water and a few drops of flavoured oil and it scents up a room as well as acting like a lamp.
                                                All sold out in Argos at €32, have seen similar in inspiringideas Blanch but €65+.
                                                I don't know how common an experience it is but I bought a diffuser lamp like that this year and oils and the bloody scent just got stuck into the carpet and stayed. Owner of a therapy centre told me he doesn't allow scents for the same reason in the centre.

But since it's probably a present for someone, fuck 'em.

Lotus Pagoda in the Ilac Centre, Parnell Street Wing has such things, I dunno if Dervish on Aungier Street sells them or not.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                  Which reminds me of a joke:

Why do Sumo wrestlers shave their body hair ?

SPOILER
                                                  So they don't get confused with Feminists.
                                                  Feminism in it's true sense is a great thing, it's been hijacked though, particularly on twitter by a bunch of snowflake gender obsessed cunts that need to go fuck themselves.

Anyone who utters the word 'cis-male' needs to diagf imo.
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

A warning to be careful about drink driving as we are getting close to Christmas. Last night I was out for a few drinks. One thing lead to another and I had a few too many pints and then went onto the brandy. Not a good idea. Knowing I was over the limit, I decided to leave my car at the pub and took a taxi home. Sure enough, I passed a police checkpoint at the top of the road where they were pulling over cars and performing breathalyzer tests. Because I was in a taxi they just waved it past. I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise as I've never driven a taxi before and I am not even sure where I got it from.

Comment

Anyone who utters the word 'cis-male' needs to diagf imo.
                                                      I'm not too happy you've made me become aware such a term exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                        I'm not too happy you've made me become aware such a term exists.
                                                        I'm still happily ignorant as to what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                          I'm still happily ignorant as to what it means.
                                                          Stay that way Dom, you won't like it.

It's a nonsense term.

Comment

Before i risk divorce in seeking a pass for beers on Friday, is anyone actually going?

Although i'll probably happily go alone to escape anyway

Comment

Before i risk divorce in seeking a pass for beers on Friday, is anyone actually going?

Although i'll probably happily go alone to escape anyway
                                                              If I turn up it'll be at approx midnight as I have a prior engagement. Likely round the corner in Nearys though so I will keep an eye on events from there.

Comment

Wish my m8 didn't whatsapp that taxi joke to me last night. Punchline deffo would've worked better on me reading nicnic's.

Comment

Reading the sky cycling thing at the moment and saw this comment
                                                                  "And Sutton confirmed that this drug was administered to Bradley Wiggins, who had just won that race and was three weeks away from asking for a medical exemption so he could use a far more powerful drug, triamcinolone, before the Tour de France - his main goal for the season."

Wait, so what they are saying is that no he wasn't cheating at the time. He was going to get some great drug 3 weeks later but that time you tested him he was grand, yeah? like for real? I hope I'm reading it wrong
                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Stay that way Dom, you won't like it.

It's a nonsense term.
                                                                    Why not try to see if you can see a logical reason for such a term coming into being, and why it might be useful in detailed discourse on the subject. You might find yourself learning something new. Remember that your first instincts on a subject that is alien to you are pretty meaningless, you may as well ask a child what they think about quantum mechanics.

Comment

60 Days In seems class after episode one. Great shout and looking forward to watching with the time off coming up.

SPOILER
                                                                      No way the teacher dude and stay at home Mom make it. Female police officer and young black dude should be grand. Others not sure of yet, military guy could go either way

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                        Why not try to see if you can see a logical reason for such a term coming into being, and why it might be useful in detailed discourse on the subject. You might find yourself learning something new. Remember that your first instincts on a subject that is alien to you are pretty meaningless, you may as well ask a child what they think about quantum mechanics.
                                                                        But then you might forget something useful.

Comment

The meat train has landed! Strewelpeter is a legend and I will fight anyone* who says otherwise

SPOILER
                                                                          unless they are big lads like Dice or sickpuppy. Or crazy fighting lads like Mellor.

Comment

Comment

As ye know I mix the cola into the red wine, well for the first time ever the other night having dinner , I had this. it was 2014 though, cant find it anywhere on google. I drank it with no coke. absolutly beautiful . so after hunting about found that Browns vineyard here in portlaoise had 2 bottles in stock as they supply the hotel I was in. 30 quid at dinner and 15 quid off her. delighted 2 for the price of 1

RD might know of it ? it was so light and cherry flavours which I love.

if anyone knows of another source where I can purchase let me know

Last edited by SatNav; 20-12-16, 23:28.
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                As ye know I mix the cola into the red wine, well for the first time ever the other night having dinner , I had this. it was 2014 though, cant find it anywhere on google. I drank it with no coke. absolutly beautiful . so after hunting about found that Browns vineyard here in portlaoise had 2 bottles in stock as they supply the hotel I was in. 30 quid at dinner and 15 quid off her. delighted 2 for the proce of 1

It's a slippery slope from here SatNav. Once you get hooked on Pinot, there's no going back to the muck!

Be warned though; it can sometimes have a character that is quite...earthy. To illustrate this story, I once went to a very poncey wine tasting evening in the St Stephen's Green Club. Between each food course, a wine buff would stand up the front and pontificate at great length about the wine we were about to enjoy. Anyway, the turn of the Pinot Noir came and this small Indian guy who was one of the top surgeons in Dublin stood up to speak. He had clearly been enjoying the various offerings and was swaying slightly. He stood up, beamed at the audience and pronounced the following:

"Good burgundy should smell of.......<long pause while he chuckled away to himself>......shit".

The woman at the next table spat a full mouthful out. I creased myself.

Anyway, that's what you're drinking. Have a good auld sniff.

I'd recommend trying some New Zealand Pinot Noir if possible. Some South African too.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  It's a slippery slope from here SatNav. Once you get hooked on Pinot, there's no going back to the muck!

Be warned though; it can sometimes have a character that is quite...earthy. To illustrate this story, I once went to a very poncey wine tasting evening in the St Stephen's Green Club. Between each food course, a wine buff would stand up the front and pontificate at great length about the wine we were about to enjoy. Anyway, the turn of the Pinot Noir came and this small Indian guy who was one of the top surgeons in Dublin stood up to speak. He had clearly been enjoying the various offerings and was swaying slightly. He stood up, beamed at the audience and pronounced the following:

"Good burgundy should smell of.......<long pause while he chuckled away to himself>......shit".

The woman at the next table spat a full mouthful out. I creased myself.

Anyway, that's what you're drinking. Have a good auld sniff.

I'd recommend trying some New Zealand Pinot Noir if possible. Some South African too.
                                                                                  you're such a dick! just fucking find me the wine ya posh cnt . when u off to france again
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

As ye know I mix the cola into the red wine, well for the first time ever the other night having dinner , I had this. it was 2014 though, cant find it anywhere on google. I drank it with no coke. absolutly beautiful . so after hunting about found that Browns vineyard here in portlaoise had 2 bottles in stock as they supply the hotel I was in. 30 quid at dinner and 15 quid off her. delighted 2 for the proce of 1

Looks like a road trip to, er, Newry

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                      Looks like a road trip to, er, Newry

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/w...inot-noir-75cl
                                                                                      saw that but I think thats not it, does year make a difference?
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                        60 Days In seems class after episode one. Great shout and looking forward to watching with the time off coming up.

SPOILER
                                                                                        No way the teacher dude and stay at home Mom make it. Female police officer and young black dude should be grand. Others not sure of yet, military guy could go either way
                                                                                        Episode 4. Happy enough with above predictions so far.

SPOILER
                                                                                        Mall security guy. He shouldn't have even made it past the application process tbf. Ali's daughter should be grand.

Comment

Is TWD finished this season? at ep 8?
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

On a break til Feb

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                              Episode 4. Happy enough with above predictions so far.

SPOILER
                                                                                              Mall security guy. He shouldn't have even made it past the application process tbf. Ali's daughter should be grand.
                                                                                              Robert, the teacher, shouldn't be in at all, he is clearly mentally ill and or the stupidest human being ever to draw breath.
                                                                                              Will keep watching just to see how they stop him from being killed
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                                I will call racist whom I see fit to call racist. If they don't like it they can stop being racist.

Immigration never comes up when talking about keeping your own citizens penned in only when keeping others out.
                                                                                                Everyone has a degree of racism in them.

That being said, I took the test and the result was:

SPOILER
                                                                                                Here is your result:

Your data suggest no automatic preference between Black people and White people.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                  Everyone has a degree of racism in them.

That being said, I took the test and the result was:

SPOILER
                                                                                                  Here is your result:

Your data suggest no automatic preference between Black people and White people.

In the interest of fairness I took the Arab Muslim test and it turns out that I am slightly racist:

SPOILER
                                                                                                  Against "Other" people, I just hate those damn "others".

The sorting test you just took is called the Implicit Association Test (IAT). You categorized words of Good and Bad with words of Arab Muslims and Other People.
                                                                                                  Here is your result:

Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Arab Muslims over Other People.

Comment

saw that but I think thats not it, does year make a difference?
                                                                                                    It can do to the likes of the wans the Duke drinks with

It shouldn't to you!

Try other Pinot Noir's to see if you like it in general instead of humping around the country looking for one from a certain vineyard and a certain year!

Comment

Are people still watching TWD?

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Try other Pinot Noir's to see if you like it in general instead of humping around the country looking for one from a certain vineyard and a certain year!
                                                                                                        Or, just buy a bottle of ribena and dilute it wayyyy too much.
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post

lol
                                                                                                          We all know you are still watching it m8.

Mid season final was actually quite enjoyable.
                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

On my life, haven't watched since Glenns eyes popped out.

Comment

[NSFW="Assination yesterday, nothing graphic."][/NSFW]

Joaquin could play him in the bio-pic.
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

On my life, haven't watched since
                                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                                Glenns eyes popped out
                                                                                                                .
                                                                                                                Wanna spoiler that since that is from the current season and MrsFD is catching up on the back episodes

But yeah good to know you are not following it
                                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

As ye know I mix the cola into the red wine, well for the first time ever the other night having dinner , I had this. it was 2014 though, cant find it anywhere on google. I drank it with no coke. absolutly beautiful . so after hunting about found that Browns vineyard here in portlaoise had 2 bottles in stock as they supply the hotel I was in. 30 quid at dinner and 15 quid off her. delighted 2 for the price of 1

Pinot Noir is one of my favourite reds. I have tried quiet a few different ones and as long as it isn't a real cheap ass bottle it is usually a nice bottle.

I have switched back to white since moving to Malta though and my wine decanter sits lonely on a shelf! get your ass to visit and we can get it down

lol

Wanna spoiler that since that is from the current season and MrsFD is catching up on the back episodes

But yeah good to know you are not following it

Ah don't worry Pokerhand, I watched the mid season finale the day after everyone else did. I binge watched good!

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  It def improved for me as the seasons went on. I kind of liked the mid season one in a a soppy kind of way as there was just so much horror in the last 8-10 episodes and was nice to see the direction it is going.

Wonder when they will hook up with the badass girl camp again and I wonder if the grandaughter of the head of that camp is going to be a new love for Terra (or whatever her name is)

Haven't looked towards Fear of the Walking Dead yet though, what's your thoughts for those that have seen it?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    Pinot Noir is one of my favourite reds. I have tried quiet a few different ones and as long as it isn't a real cheap ass bottle it is usually a nice bottle.

I have switched back to white since moving to Malta though and my wine decanter sits lonely on a shelf! get your ass to visit and we can get it down

Ah don't worry Pokerhand, I watched the mid season finale the day after everyone else did. I binge watched good!

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    It def improved for me as the seasons went on. I kind of liked the mid season one in a a soppy kind of way as there was just so much horror in the last 8-10 episodes and was nice to see the direction it is going.

Wonder when they will hook up with the badass girl camp again and I wonder if the grandaughter of the head of that camp is going to be a new love for Terra (or whatever her name is)

Haven't looked towards Fear of the Walking Dead yet though, what's your thoughts for those that have seen it?

Saw 1st and 1/2 of 2nd. Found it a bit disappointing tbf. In lot of ways it is like watching the hobbit after you have seen LOTR.

Personally I would avoid as none of the characters are likeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                      Remembering that equality and fairness are at the root of these issues, I actually see it as an illogical and counter-productive term.

Illogical because it's descriptive of something that isn't rather than something that is. Like labelling people as 'not deaf'. I feel the issue is quite simple, there are males, and there are females. Some males are born female, and vice versa.

It's counter-productive to the cause of equality because it labels and categorises people further and causes divisiveness. I feel society is (was) moving to an environment of acceptance and understanding of trans-sexuality, not near it yet, but the only way that can happen imo is if people see each other as equal. Terms such as cisgender move people the other way.

My main problem with it though is it's use in discourse. It's always derogatory e.g 'as a cis-male, what would you know?' etc etc

Sad thing for me is it's spouted by people I would have aligned myself with during the Marrieage ref, but feel polar opposite to now.

Comment

Saw 1st and 1/2 of 2nd. Found it a bit disappointing tbf. In lot of ways it is like watching the hobbit after you have seen LOTR.

Personally I would avoid as none of the characters are likeable.
                                                                                                                        I think I was the same about the first couple of seasons, I didn't see the big LIKE everyone had for it. I did give it a good shot and enjoyed the later seasons more.

I actually loved the Hobbit movies

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          I think I was the same about the first couple of seasons, I didn't see the big LIKE everyone had for it. I did give it a good shot and enjoyed the later seasons more.

I actually loved the Hobbit movies
                                                                                                                          Might have been a bad framework. Let me put it in terms of ratings out of 10 purely on personal preference.

LOTR: 10
                                                                                                                          HOBBIT: 8.5

TWD: 8.5
                                                                                                                          FTWD: 3

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X