Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 for Port House/Pintxo's - eat there regularly and always enjoy it, although the whole sitting out the back smoking boxes of fags and drinking gallons of wine probably won't appeal so much to Jamesie.

Comment

Also got 2 of the dear tickets for Bruce on the Friday

There'll be on IPB session on somewhere that night

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        Not me genuinely. Wouldn't do that to a Bruce fan. Ed sheeran \ kodaline on the other hand...
        Yeah I know it's not you. That's a ticketmaster company though. You see it seconds after every gig sells out they're up on seatwave within seconds. That's why I said "people". It's just ticketmaster being cunts

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          ah stop
          Ah ok maybe I was being a bit sour. I do think man for man they were the equal of that Kerry team though. Just that Kerry side were winners to the fucking bone. Deep reservoirs of guts in that side. Total opposite of Cork.
          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Gravitational waves discovered....amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                old reviews from me but the port house used to be decent.

There was also a place in cabinteely which did lovely tapas if you didn't want to go all the way to town.
                port house in Dundrum is a big yes from me.
                Haven't tried the city centre version but have heard good things.
                Salamanca a big no, zaragoosa seems to be popular with ladies escaping for the night one the white wine.
                I've heard the spanish place in temple bar is nice but have avoided it due to location
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anywhere similar to Bison, Pittbros and Aussie BBQ in the city center?

Looking to grab something quick, easy and filthy this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    That is class TBF, I never credited him with that much ability or wit.

Must stick a cheeky bet on Kildare 2019.

Thats a weird Article,quite unlike the NewYorker to be so soft.

Choosing to concentrate on the rubber ducks rather than Teddy, not recognising that these are reasonably normal ravings for your average batshit crazy mass murderer. But most of all the perpetuating the old SinnFein IRA side of the mouth line that he ordered Jean McConville's execution and disposal because he believed she was passing sensitive information to the British Army. By now only the most deluded Sinn Fein / IRA supporter doesn't acknowledge that Adams needed to terrorise the residents into not accepting the presence of the Army as normality and it was precisely because she knew nothing and had no one 'connected' such that no one beyond her unfortunate children would really care that Adams personally selected her to make a brutal example of.

Unreal this scumbag is leader of a party that some 15% of the Irish people are going to be stupid enough to vote for this month
                    Cifffs on teddy?
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

That Liam Neeson Rising docu last nite could have done with less visuals of some of the contributors. Diarmaid Ferriter has a face youd like to slap. Too many lazy college professor party wankers getting their tuppence worth. Nice cameo from the late Cathal O'Shannon though.

Comment

Spotify is only as good as you make it. You have to either make your own playlists or seek out good user ones that you like.
                        The basic idea of adding as much as you can yourself then taking suggestions and using the radio button works well enough.
                        The client software on android is shit.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Spotify is only as good as you make it. You have to either make your own playlists or seek out good user ones that you like.
                          The basic idea of adding as much as you can yourself then taking suggestions and using the radio button works well enough.
                          The client software on android is shit.
                          has anyone tried Deezer? any major differences between the 2?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                            That Liam Neeson Rising docu last nite could have done with less visuals of some of the contributors. Diarmaid Ferriter has a face youd like to slap. Too many lazy college professor party wankers getting their tuppence worth. Nice cameo from the late Cathal O'Shannon though.
                            The minutes of the meeting are that myself and Sir Andy spotted a review of the gin palace, in a frame on the counter of the gin palace bar.

We firmly believe there should be rounders reviews in a more official capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                              I didn't watch all of it, I will but I did feel that they almost all were falling straight into the trap of viewing everything from the 1966 view of 1916 and failing miserably to see it from the point of view of the ordinary man on the street of the time.
                              Also thought they rushed through the previous 500 years with undue haste, though it was nice to see John Devoy's crucial role being put in the spotlight for once.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                has anyone tried Deezer? any major differences between the 2?
                                AFAIK Spotify have by far the widest selection, I can run the BBC playlister on any random episode of R3's Late Junction and pick up on average 70% of the tracks they play and they really do play some obscure stuff.

You kind of get locked in with your playlists too, hard to move away from them

Comment

fao ipbiebers, #pwp @6.30 in cc w/Andyfb & me

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...of-the-century
                                    Space and Time warped! As a sci fi fan I am fist pumping. Now just to have some intelligent radio waves confirmed as coming from alien life and we can dump God into the bin.

Comment

batman, superman, dawn of justice, trailer, official, final, hd, batman v superman

fuck yeah
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

#PostWorkPints 6.30 in the Porterhouse if anyone's bored
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                          fao ipbiebers, #pwp @6.30 in cc w/Andyfb & me
                                          Nealons?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                            The minutes of the meeting are that myself and Sir Andy spotted a review of the gin palace, in a frame on the counter of the gin palace bar.

We firmly believe there should be rounders reviews in a more official capacity.
                                            Love that bar one of my eclectic favs. Went on a first date there too, 'she was beautiful'. Looking out the window is like looking out onto Chinatown. High class jacks too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              Fade Street Social has very decent tapas, plus cocktails to get liquored up on. The place has a class feel to it too which adds a nice little something.

Agree with rounders that you wouldn't want to go somewhere like Havana, no matter how good it is, as it feels like you are in a takeaway.
                                              Just to point out the whiskey sours are great there and pretty cheap at that

Comment

That Einstein was a bit of a genius m8.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                  #PostWorkPints 6.30 in the Porterhouse if anyone's bored
                                                  pour one out for me homies

Comment

On me way in m8s

Comment

What's in it for me?

Comment

Connacht a big price away to Dragons at 6-5 tonight, Dragons had a tough 80 mins in Belfast last weekend whereas Connacht had a week off. Dillane and Marmion released from Ireland camp are part of a very strong bench that should be able to make a big impact against a tiring team in the second half.

Comment

Personally think Adam's Twitter account is his version of spinning the ball on his finger. If you think about where he was when he signed up, and where he was 30 / 40 year's earlier it's a remarkable political and personal victory. I think this centenary election is his last. I guess he'll step down next year and retire in 2021. In power in the North, potentially knocking on the door of largest opposition party in the South. GFA achieved with its release of prisoners / new police force / power sharing / etc. And he managed to not get killed. Job done.

I believe the Twitter stuff is his version of a fist pump.
                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

SF want to bring in additional 7% levy on incomes over €100000,am I reading that right?

Comment

SF want to bring in additional 7% levy on incomes over €100000,am I reading that right?
                                                              Yes. Not many SF voters earn over 100k.

Apart from Slab Murphy obv.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Yes. Not many SF voters earn over 100k.

Apart from Slab Murphy obv.
                                                                  Not many voters full stop earn over 100k. It's why ye are already taxed quite punitively by the current gov you are voting to return.
                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

What's the monthly take home pay of someone on 100k?

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                      Not many voters full stop earn over 100k. It's why ye are already taxed quite punitively by the current gov you are voting to return.
                                                                      5% of all earners pay over 50% of all income taxes.

Also: 'ye'?

Comment

Comment

About 4k

Comment

struggling
                                                                            You clearly have no idea what struggling means.

Comment

...

Comment

A grand a month to cover bills, food, and a drinking problem, sn't struggling?
                                                                                If that is after tax then no its not.

Comment

Assuming no pension contribution, they will pay 40k in tax.

On 70k that's 24k.

On 40k that's 9k

On 20k that's 1500

So 40%, 33%, 22%, and......7.5%

It's not the 'rich' who pay too little tax - it's actually the low paid.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

On 70k that's 24k.

On 40k that's 9k

On 20k that's 1500

To illustrate this (rather unpopular) point further, our 20k earner in Germany pays almost four times as much income tax as his\her Irish equivalent. 5,700 or 28.5%.

Comment

After bills of about €250 its about €170 a week for food and anything else. Surely that's not easy days.
                                                                                            Fairly standard and you have the benefit of paying into a pension and private health. You arent/weren't struggling.

Comment

5% of all earners pay over 50% of all income taxes.

Also: 'ye'?

On 70k that's 24k.

On 40k that's 9k

On 20k that's 1500

Why are you voting FG so? They are not proposing any radical overhaul of the current system. They are in government NOW overseeing the above. You need to stand.

Comment

After bills of about €250 its about €170 a week for food and anything else. Surely that's not easy days.
                                                                                                Considering that a person on social welfare (who would, depending on circumstances, be mainly covered for housing/rent allowance, medical card etc etc ), you're ending up in roughly the same position (single person would have about 190 a week, family more obviously).

You would also have an entitlement to a pension and 1.5 times salary retirement payoff which social welfare person wouldn't have.

But other than that, your positions aren't that dis-similar. Now, who said we don't live in an 'equal' society.

Comment

On 70k that's 24k.

On 40k that's 9k

On 20k that's 1500

Yeah, but if you were to add in the amount paid in VAT, then proportionately the lower paid/social welfare candidate would have paid a much greater amount of total income to/back to the State.

Comment

Why are you voting FG so? They are not proposing any radical overhaul of the current system. They are in government NOW overseeing the above. You need to stand.
                                                                                                    I'd vote Renua if they weren't such a bunch of reactionary cunts.

Flat tax...yes please!

Germany has good services and infrastructure because everyone pays enough in tax. In Ireland all parties sell the fantasy that we can get away with a small portion of the workforce actually paying tax at a meaningful rate.

Comment

I'm voting from the bottom up in this election. I'd dearly like to vote for a party with a lower tax / smaller government approach but the option doesn't seem to be available. So for me it has become a matter of selecting the candidate I most don't want to be elected and following that approach through the remainder in order

It's the first election I can recall where I've felt my views are completely unaligned with any of the main political parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                                                        Yeah, but if you were to add in the amount paid in VAT, then proportionately the lower paid/social welfare candidate would have paid a much greater amount of total income to/back to the State.
                                                                                                        So what?

Comment

God bless the Merrion Days. Going out with €500 a night and coming home with a ball of shrapnel in your pocket after the early house. Where did we go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                                                            God bless the Merrion Days. Going out with €500 a night and coming home with a ball of shrapnel in your pocket after the early house. Where did we go wrong?
                                                                                                            Children.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                              You clearly have no idea what struggling means.
                                                                                                              He was clearing 43k p/a and laying out 30k of that on rent and childcare. How would somebody in that position not be struggling?

Comment

I'm voting for Lucinda, and my preferred fg candidate is pro lower taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                                  He was clearing 43k p/a and laying out 30k of that on rent and childcare. How would somebody in that position not be struggling?
                                                                                                                  75k is 48k after tax.

I am not saying its right but it what the vast majority of people face or worse. So relatively speaking it isn't close to struggling. Struggling is when you aren't sure where your next meal is coming from not in this case where he wasn't sure where is next night out on town was coming from.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

@mdoug: Did you post the answer to the bridge Q?

Check out this beauty of a puzzle: GCHQ Christmas Puzzle

and the solution:
                                                                                                                        GCHQs-Christmas-card-puzzle---how-did-you-do.aspx

Going to give it a proper rattle next year

Comment

Going to a Table Quiz in a bit m8s

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X