Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service in Milano's was so bad, they messed up everything. Lesson is to complain, 150e off. But my god, the could not get anything right.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Hard few days teaching. It went okay, very well even, but the French system of living seems vastly better. Think I might accept the higher taxes for a clearly better country (hence presumably why I left and purely my personal perspective). Ugh - all kid based reasons to follow as that's my main consideration - schoolkids having their lunch in McDonalds (why no proper lunches in school?), the huge number of roads that don't have right of crossing for pedestrians (how is a kid meant to cycle to school?), and that horrible idea of forcing schoolgirls to wear short dresses as their 'uniform'. (why do they need to wear uniforms in the first place - are they trainee army staff?) There's a lot of disturbed features there!
        you're hardly so Frenchified now that you find all these phenomena surprising?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          Service in Milano's was so bad, they messed up everything. Lesson is to complain, 150e off. But my god, the could not get anything right.
          I remember only four tables being their during the day on my only visit (Temple Bar). Twenty minutes after ordering, the wrong pizza arrives. Confirm the correct order with the waitress and grind my teeth. The waitress comes back five minutes later once more to confirm the order again. She tells me that the order was wrong. Absolute jokeshop.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The SkyNewsletter finally came out today and only five in the country got a mention for 2016, from peeps being made permanant to congrats on a new baby and a new store opening have to say was delighted

:

Last edited by SatNav; 01-02-17, 23:12.
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  Interested to hear how that turns out. Makes it look easy
                  I didn't manage a crackling as good as his, an extra 15 mins would've gotten it I reckon, but would've overdone the meat.

Still a really good crispy skin, maybe with a larger cut I could get it. Definitely recommend that method.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    Is being an active member of linkedin actually useful?
                    Bar the plethora of recruitment mass invites and mails, I barely use it.
                    Every now and then, I'll endorse a few people and get the same back.
                    I get a few interesting job offers now an again. But it's mostly last recruitment.
                    Got an job alert yesterday, from big rival of my current employer, advertising an architects role. Figure this is the perfect out I've been looking for.

Go into the job page. And this architect's role, is actually a enterprise/systems architect - ie an IT role and nothing to do with design. I understand that IT sector has commandeered the "Architect" as it suits the role somehow. But surely that's a niche use and to most people an architect means something else.
                    I'd say I about 50% of the stuff it lets me know about is IT related these days

Comment

See this is the story they've been peddling. But my public school, Flannan's in Ennis cost a few hundred a year to get the uniform and yet H&M is now pennies to the pound to get decent clothes. So no-one is saving money with the deflation in normal clothes prices. Also do we actually know anyone despite these rumours who was ever bullied based on their uniform if no-one was else allowed to not wear a uniform in Ireland? It's a crock of shite and disgraceful that kids are being forced to walk around as amateur hookers or Japanese anime characters. In France, where uniforms are banned most girls wear jeans, as you should when it's cold outside. Why not just let girls choose what they feel comfortable wearing?
                      You must have seen different (actual) school uniforms than I. Agree uniforms are grim as fuck tbf.
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

...around as amateur hookers or Japanese anime characters.
                        I'm assume that the driving force here is the fact that you would rather avoid any confusion and let the amateur Japanese anime hooker sole use of the image rights .

Comment

See this is the story they've been peddling. But my public school, Flannan's in Ennis cost a few hundred a year to get the uniform and yet H&M is now pennies to the pound to get decent clothes. So no-one is saving money with the deflation in normal clothes prices. Also do we actually know anyone despite these rumours who was ever bullied based on their uniform if no-one was else allowed to not wear a uniform in Ireland? It's a crock of shite and disgraceful that kids are being forced to walk around as amateur hookers or Japanese anime characters. In France, where uniforms are banned most girls wear jeans, as you should when it's cold outside. Why not just let girls choose what they feel comfortable wearing?
                          totally disagree to this but im too tired to give my views, remind me tomorow
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

You forgetting the important safety issue of easy identification for school trips purposes, etc.
                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Everytime I look at Trump I see a dumb yank cousin of Bill O'Herlihy.

Comment

The Marc Maron show on netflix is pure a dacent watch like

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                  Really, he seems like that overbearing drunk uncle you see at weddings.
                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                    Go wash your mouth out Chadley. Bill was an absolute legend. Trump doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                      Go wash your mouth out Chadley. Bill was an absolute legend. Trump doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as him.
                                      Bill was a lobbyist for tobacco companies!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                        Bill was a lobbyist for tobacco companies!
                                        Had I known this, I would have taken up smoking [emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                          I remember only four tables being their during the day on my only visit (Temple Bar). Twenty minutes after ordering, the wrong pizza arrives. Confirm the correct order with the waitress and grind my teeth. The waitress comes back five minutes later once more to confirm the order again. She tells me that the order was wrong. Absolute jokeshop.
                                          Similar to us, one girls pizza was made wrong twice, if they make it wrong they throw it in the bin, so the second time we said to leave the pizza with us and go make the right one.

I ordered a standard pizza off the menu and it came weirdly wrong. Pizza was great though.

Comment

Similar to us, one girls pizza was made wrong twice, if they make it wrong they throw it in the bin, so the second time we said to leave the pizza with us and go make the right one.

I ordered a standard pizza off the menu and it came weirdly wrong. Pizza was great though.
                                            I get tilted going there the service is so bad. I very rarely go there as a result but occasionally meet a few folk for lunch and they seem to be obsessed with it.
                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Looking for a Dublin bus route for someone, is the google scheduler in any way accurate?

Comment

I wonder if the idea is to fatigue people with outrage

President Trump Threatens to Send U.S. Troops to Mexico to Take Care of 'Bad Hombres'
                                                (WASHINGTON) — President Donald Trump threatened in a phone call with his Mexican counterpart to send U.S. troops to stop "bad hombres down there" unless the Mexican military does more to control them itself, according to an excerpt of a transcript of the conversation obtained by The Associated Press.

Like it's every fucking day there is a new thing, I see he also managed to alienate Australia, who only the other day were one of the only non mental (realitivly) nation states backing his immigration stance
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                  I get tilted going there the service is so bad. I very rarely go there as a result but occasionally meet a few folk for lunch and they seem to be obsessed with it.
                                                  I have never had a problem and eat there all the time.

I think it's a super example of a successful business. They have managed to create a great price point for a meal that deceives some people into thinking they are eating gourmet food. The offers they give out to ensure repeat business are great and the locations they have all seem to be well thought out with decent footfall/offices in the area.

In and out in an hour for a decent feed under 20 quid. Can't go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                    Looking for a Dublin bus route for someone, is the google scheduler in any way accurate?
                                                    Where do you wanna go ?

http://www.dublinbus.ie/

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

I think it's a super example of a successful business. They have managed to create a great price point for a meal that deceives some people into thinking they are eating gourmet food. The offers they give out to ensure repeat business are great and the locations they have all seem to be well thought out with decent footfall/offices in the area.

Yep the only reason I will be back is they gave me loads of 2 for 1 vouchers, the clever devils. I wonder can I just go get two takeaway pizzas to avoid it all. They are clever in that they have a short expiration to use their deals etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                        Where do you wanna go ?

http://www.dublinbus.ie/
                                                        google maps is also pretty reliable, though it works on an assumption of extreme laziness if there is a two bus or bus/luas solution.
                                                        If i get off the luas at stephens green it suggest a bus down to westmoreland street instead of the walk.
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I wonder if the idea is to fatigue people with outrage
                                                          Of course! Dunno why you're following it, just unnecessary life tilt.

Anyway look at Trump's history of what he says versus what he does, it's not even like he's trying to hide his stragegy
                                                          SPOILER

Comment

Yep the only reason I will be back is they gave me loads of 2 for 1 vouchers, the clever devils. I wonder can I just go get two takeaway pizzas to avoid it all. They are clever in that they have a short expiration to use their deals etc.
                                                            I think they price everything with the assumption you're using vouchers.

Comment

Majority of Americans support travel ban

That idiot Trump guy just keeps getting lucky!

Comment

I wonder when the lefty nuts will realise that democracy is the problem, not Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                  I think they price everything with the assumption you're using vouchers.
                                                                  Don't think they are more expensive than any pizza place, cheaper than takeaway pizza delivery. My pizza is €12, so €6 each, still making a killing since it costs nothing to make. Pizza places are the greatest bamboozlement of the modern eatery.

Getting a thin base (basically stretching the dough) and charging €2 more for it has to be the greatest money spinner.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                    I wonder when the lefty nuts will realise that democracy is the problem, not Trump.
                                                                    What do you propose instead?
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Don't think they are more expensive than any pizza place, cheaper than takeaway pizza delivery. My pizza is €12, so €6 each, still making a killing since it costs nothing to make. Pizza places are the greatest bamboozlement of the modern eatery.

Getting a thin base (basically stretching the dough) and charging €2 more for it has to be the greatest money spinner.
                                                                      Always look here before you go.........

Works for takeaway too.

Comment

Looking at the ed sheeran sale this morning (not buying - just interested). Tickets sell out bang on when they go on sale, for two dates. Nearly everybody i know that tried hasn't been able to get any, even being in a queue for several hours. A guys selling 10 of them pops up on seatwave (owned by same company as ticketmaster) for €530 each. There is a queue to buy tickets even on Seatwave now.

So I look at how they would do this, ticket buying bot costs €1000 and they make it back on 2 tickets. Ticketmaster are obviously happy to let this happen due to huge fees they get from this touting. No real comments but I'm surprised it's allowed go on still.

Comment

Agreed, and on top of having to wear an overpriced uncomfortable uniform there were still shoes, runners, jackets, schoolbags, sports gear to compete in the fashion stakes with.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

+1

Go in there a reasonable amount with the small fella. Ireland is crying out for more casual dining options imo.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                              I'm kinda ok with uniforms as it removes the competitive edge you'd find at some schools. I'd imagine, could well be wrong, that certain fee paying girls schools would make it hard to keep with the jones' in a fashion sense and bullying would be prevalent because of it. No data to back that up mind just my opinion

I am in the "Uniforms" camp. I don't need to think about what to put on the kids each day and as one poster pointed out, when they are out on school trips they are easily identifiable and makes it easier to keep an eye on them.

Just on Hitch saying clothes are cheap now. My eldest is in Pre Universtiy Education here in Malta. It is a campus and they wear their own clothes.
                                                                              I have her stating, I need to get a new this and that because I am meeting friends and can't be wearing the same stuff I wear to school! she even pinched my coat as the one she got for Christmas has been "seen" too often (in a 3 week period)
                                                                              She would wear jeans in winter but it's too hot in summer to wear them and they use loose trousers instead.
                                                                              I don't think the kids look like Anime at all.

The schools here have a rule for school shoes and even PE shoes. The PE runners are plain white. I got Aimee's from the school uniform shop and they were €15. No competition over brands. They are made for the schools and good quality as well. The whole uniform was so cheap compared to Ireland. And that was including having a summer uniform and a winter for both normal and PE.

Comment

Looking at the ed sheeran sale this morning (not buying - just interested). Tickets sell out bang on when they go on sale, for two dates. Nearly everybody i know that tried hasn't been able to get any, even being in a queue for several hours. A guys selling 10 of them pops up on seatwave (owned by same company as ticketmaster) for €530 each. There is a queue to buy tickets even on Seatwave now.

So I look at how they would do this, ticket buying bot costs €1000 and they make it back on 2 tickets. Ticketmaster are obviously happy to let this happen due to huge fees they get from this touting. No real comments but I'm surprised it's allowed go on still.
                                                                                Passed a pretty large queue of teens earlier on who had clearly been camped out overnight,actually felt bad for the knowing most if not all of them were about to get fucked over royally by Ticketmaster

Comment

Well we were half thinking of moving back so I was checking out the land. Love how the eldest kid (5 year old girl, as you know but for everyone else) never has to worry on her cycle to school due to clearly marked places where people can cross (it's chaotic in Ireland), she has a four course organic lunch, willt never have to subscribe to incredibly dodgy images of how girls should dress. I'm questioning the whole wisdom of the potential move back now. Was just shocked by the whole thing. I'd suspect you've found a way around these things for your kids but there's nothing obvious I can think of.
                                                                                  2 out of 3 imo. Cycle lanes overall patchy but good where I live (can cycle 80% of the way to work in dedicated cycle lanes). Kids do a lot of cycling in the non-winter months.
                                                                                  Kids wear no uniform in their school and their secondary school doesn't either. That is unusual though.

4 course organic lunch...eh no. They do eat fruit.

I do think the French system is at the other extreme. Kids being away from their parents for the entire day doesn't sit that well with me either.

Comment

Discipline is a large part of the uniform wearing too I thought
                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                      Agreed, and on top of having to wear an overpriced uncomfortable uniform there were still shoes, runners, jackets, schoolbags, sports gear to compete in the fashion stakes with.
                                                                                      In Scotland you bought the uniforms anywhere and there was no specialised uniforms. They were much more affordable. The only thing you had to buy which was a few quid was the school tie and a badge to sew on the blazer.

I hated the price of the uniforms in Donegal, "shale" coloured shirt. WTF!
                                                                                      And everything bought in a shop that charged the price of a whole uniform in Scotland for the skirt alone!

Now with Asda and Tesco doing uniforms you can get a pack of shirts for £4, the skirt for £4 and a jumper for £5.
                                                                                      Now that is far cheaper than supplying endless clothes for each day!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                        2 out of 3 imo. Cycle lanes overall patchy but good where I live (can cycle 80% of the way to work in dedicated cycle lanes). Kids do a lot of cycling in the non-winter months.
                                                                                        Kids wear no uniform in their school and their secondary school doesn't either. That is unusual though.

4 course organic lunch...eh no. They do eat fruit.

I do think the French system is at the other extreme. Kids being away from their parents for the entire day doesn't sit that well with me either.

Comment

Like it's every fucking day there is a new thing, I see he also managed to alienate Australia, who only the other day were one of the only non mental (realitivly) nation states backing his immigration stance
                                                                                          That conversation between Trump and the Aussie PM today must have been comical. Like something out of The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                            That conversation between Trump and the Aussie PM today must have been comical. Like something out of The Simpsons
                                                                                            Imagine what he'll do to enda

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                              In Scotland you bought the uniforms anywhere and there was no specialised uniforms. They were much more affordable. The only thing you had to buy which was a few quid was the school tie and a badge to sew on the blazer.

I hated the price of the uniforms in Donegal, "shale" coloured shirt. WTF!
                                                                                              And everything bought in a shop that charged the price of a whole uniform in Scotland for the skirt alone!
                                                                                              !
                                                                                              This sounds you were scammed by the locals.

My Mam got our uniforms in Penny's. Grey shirt, grey trousers and a jumper in whatever colour. Tie from the school for a few quid that's it. No wonky badge on a blazer. I don't think any of the schools near me even had blazers.

Maybe the likes of Kings Hospital, but I think we've established they're "different".

Comment

If he talks to the Iranians with this dumb immature bluster the outcome will be catastrophic.

Originally posted by DennyCrane
                                                                                                Anyway look at Trump's history of what he says versus what he does
                                                                                                Do you not realise that saying things is what where the power of the POTUS lies
                                                                                                What he says is what he does.
                                                                                                The bad guys won, they are in power, this is the real world, words have real actual consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor;1013275[B
                                                                                                  ]This sounds you were scammed by the locals.[/B]

My Mam got our uniforms in Penny's. Grey shirt, grey trousers and a jumper in whatever colour. Tie from the school for a few quid that's it. No wonky badge on a blazer. I don't think any of the schools near me even had blazers.

Maybe the likes of Kings Hospital, but I think we've established they're "different".
                                                                                                  Not sure what you meant with the bolded part.

The eldest went to a primary school that had a specific coloured shirt you couldn't buy in any other shop. The kilt thing was custom made and so was the PE tracksuit. The secondary was worse as that was those horrific looking brown yokes they wore on their feet that cost €110! found a cheaper supplier when she was in 3rd year and they were €60

The only uniforms that were cheaper to get in Donegal was the last school the kids went to in Woodlands. Apart from the main jumper you could get the rest in any shop like Tesco/Dunnes. The jumper was €30 which is a joke.

There was no penny's when I was growing up. I went to school in the 70's/80's

We all wore blazers, I personally think they look really smart. When I was a prefect in 5th and 6th year I had gold braid sewn round the ages. I thought I looked the snakes tits in my uniform

Comment

And this architect's role, is actually a enterprise/systems architect - ie an IT role and nothing to do with design. I understand that IT sector has commandeered the "Architect" as it suits the role somehow. But surely that's a niche use and to most people an architect means something else.
                                                                                                    I'd say I about 50% of the stuff it lets me know about is IT related these days
                                                                                                    I'd reckon there are way more Architects in IT today than there are in construction, also the word is probably more meaningful as a job title in IT than as it is used in construction.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      Do you not realise that saying things is what where the power of the POTUS lies
                                                                                                      What he says is what he does.
                                                                                                      The bad guys won, they are in power, this is the real world, words have real actual consequences.
                                                                                                      There is a leaked draft of a religious freedom order doing the rounds.
                                                                                                      If that drops I expect shit to hit all sorts of fans

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                        Imagine what he'll do to enda
                                                                                                        Going to stand him up on St.Patrick's day obvs. Belittle the hand wringing two faced cowardly cunt.
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

That's very grim.

Comment

Why do you do it to yourself DP?

Comment

Iran on official notice .
                                                                                                              exactly what i was afraid of .
                                                                                                              FML!

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                                                                                                                Iran on official notice .
                                                                                                                exactly what i was afraid of .
                                                                                                                FML!
                                                                                                                Yeah, cut your shit out Gholi ffs

Well, at least you could always fly to America and....oh

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                  Yeah, cut your shit out Gholi ffs

Well, at least you could always fly to America and....oh
                                                                                                                  to be honest i don't think i could even afford the flight to US ,even if they did let me in.

since 2012 ,Iranian money has depreciated in value about 80% due to the fucking sanctions .
                                                                                                                  it was all staring to look a bit better the last year or so and now i just wanna cry .

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                                                                                                                    to be honest i don't think i could even afford the flight to US ,even if they did let me in.

since 2012 ,Iranian money has depreciated in value about 80% due to the fucking sanctions .
                                                                                                                    it was all staring to look a bit better the last year or so and now i just wanna cry .
                                                                                                                    It's all nuts. Never mind, he will probably nuke Mexico first. Or Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                      I don't think he is proposing that democracy be replaced.
                                                                                                                      This. This 'episode' highlights the frailties of the system, for which there isn't a perfect solution. But surely there should be some way of ensuring that those who stand for election meet a form of 'minimum standard'.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                        This. This 'episode' highlights the frailties of the system, for which there isn't a perfect solution. But surely there should be some way of ensuring that those who stand for election meet a form of 'minimum standard'.
                                                                                                                        I should add - Trump is clearly nuts, but we knew that beforehand and he's only now doing what he said he would do all along. You can't blame him any more now than was the case before he was inaugurated.

Comment

That 'take him seriously, not literally' thing turned out to be bad advice.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X