This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
    Where was all the outrage when Obama added these countries to the the unsafe countries list. Or when he was drone bombing weddings?
    It's not a ban it is a 90 day suspension on citizens from mostly failed states entering the US,green card holders are being allowed back in
    Immigration is a privelege not a right ,countries have every right to decide who can enter their borders

I'd imagine quite a few of the airport protesters are being paid to be there
    Ah would you stop.
    Number of US citizens killed in terrorist acts by citizens from these countries: 0
    Yet Saudis are fine.
    I think you'll find there was plenty of outrage over Obama's drone strikes. Maybe not to the extent we are seeing against Trump but still a lot.

Why do you feel the need to even ask this question though? You think Trump is being treated unfairly in comparison? Or Obama was treated too softly?

Not every protest is full of people paid to be there.

I don't see why people can't just call something terrible when it is terrible without having: "Oh Obama did terrible stuff too and no-one said anything so why is Trump not getting a free pass too" or "Hillary would have done terrible stuff as well".

Attempting to minimize the impact of these issues is disgusting imo.

Comment

almost like...nah couldnt be that
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

What are ye planning for tea?
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Made spicy beef and tomato stew last night. Have a load of it in the fridge waiting to be reheated. Might blend it up into a soup for a change of pace.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
            Boiled egg and soliders
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Roast beef in the slow cooker

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Survivor-Buil...HopvijA3CJZiKA

Seen that, I have a black one for my phone and I don't care it doesn't look as pretty. I want it protected. Lucie has managed to smash 2 phone screens in the last 2 years. And she is paying for this herself and those are a bit more expensive than the one I have

I just didn't want to commit to buying one and it didn't fit.
                I have this one, its great

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

almost like...nah couldnt be that
                  I'm just outraged fatigued at this point.

Comment

Pasta with a cheese sauce and pesto

Comment

Any sign of a T2 screener?
                      Last edited by Silver-Tiger; 30-01-17, 16:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        I need to buy a set of small weights, to contain at a minimum:

2 * 10kg
                        2 * 7kg
                        2 * 5kg

Where in (preferably North) Dublin would a man buy such a thing?
                        Buy metal ones, DON'T buy the plastic covered ones!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          I'm just outraged fatigued at this point.
                          Psst... This is part of Trump's strategy. He does so many things that it's impossible to react to all of them appropriately. You end up over/underreacting the wrong things at the wrong time. Unless you're paying full attention, continually reevaluating priorites and carefully choosing your battles, you'll be constantly on the wrong foot. Reacting appropriately is extremely difficult and draining. There are so many things to deal with at once, the easiest thing is to just say "fuck it", and roll over.

It's political Blitzkrieg.
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yiz are making tea great again.
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                              Psst... This is part of Trump's strategy. He does so many things that it's impossible to react to all of them appropriately. You end up over/underreacting the wrong things at the wrong time. Unless you're paying full attention, continually reevaluating priorites and carefully choosing your battles, you'll be constantly on the wrong foot. Reacting appropriately is extremely difficult and draining. There are so many things to deal with at once, the easiest thing is to just say "fuck it", and roll over.

It's political Blitzkrieg.
                              I know that. I mean I'm just exhausted by the people that are actually following it!

Comment

Good degen story

Cliffs
                                SPOILER
                                Luckboxes 2.5m inheritance
                                Blows nearly all over it on daytrading and poker
                                One last stand to make it all back on Apple earnings at 9:30pm tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                  Buy metal ones, DON'T buy the plastic covered ones!
                                  That's Argos out so
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                    Go to extratorrent. Search for it, if it's not there. Go to the pirate bay. If it's not there then you're shit outta luck cos those two are the best and have everything.

Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb...last_stand_my/

Good degen story

Cliffs
                                      SPOILER

That's insane.
                                      How likely is he to pull it off?

Comment

Stomach up the left atm ( Have touch of IBS)
                                        Having one of my default 'meals' tonight. Cream of chicken soup with a number of raw peeled king prawns chucked in and cooked as the soup is heating.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                          Where was all the outrage when Obama added these countries to the the unsafe countries list. Or when he was drone bombing weddings?
                                          It's not a ban it is a 90 day suspension on citizens from mostly failed states entering the US,green card holders are being allowed back in
                                          Immigration is a privelege not a right ,countries have every right to decide who can enter their borders

I'd imagine quite a few of the airport protesters are being paid to be there
                                          Had to double take as thought this was a sickpuppy post!

Good degen story

Cliffs
                                          SPOILER

Broadcasting this to the whole internet seems counter productive for him...

Good story though!
                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                            Pasta with a cheese sauce and pesto
                                            Yiz are making tea great again.
                                            This has been upgraded. Just got asked out for dinner for Italian so I get to have my pasta cooked for me instead. Won't complain.

Comment

He's going to stiff Mexico on NAFTA and then Mexico will stop honouring US patents on pharmaceuticals.

Banning getting out on the back and the military leaders getting disinvited is going to get military decisions made without military heads involvement. That's going to be very dangerous.

Although, will he get the Republicans to pay out on his vanity projects? There's a case that he'll be forced out over them and Pense put in charge.
                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post

There's a case that he'll be forced out over them and Pense put in charge.
                                                Maybe that's his plan. He didn't expect to win and ran for the craic and now he's won going buck mad hoping to get sacked

Comment

What are chances of this being real?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                    Not if he has to check in a bag imo. I'd still be there at 4 in that case.
                                                    Aer Lingus have self service bag drop and therell be nobody around at that hour, first big batch of flights starts at 7 pretty empty till 5am. That and no security queues worth talking about youd be down at your gate before 5.

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                    Only cams earlier. Reddit/r/piracy is a decent place to check every now and then any new screeners be announced on that.
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Viewsnight is BBC Newsnight's new place for ideas and opinion. First up, Rod Liddle, associate editor of The Spectator: "It's 2017 and liberalism is dead." A...

This guy definitely posts here...

Comment

That's Argos out so
                                                        I got metal ones like these in Argos about a year ago.
                                                        Sure I paid much less than that though
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOMOHjr-Zw8

This guy definitely posts here...
                                                          Liddle is a wet brained human slime.

Although maybe he's off the booze because the way he was heading he was well overdue to have made the world a slightly better place by pissing himself into a coffin.

Comment

Good degen story

Cliffs
                                                            SPOILER

Stopped reading after a few paragraphs of barely disguised self pity and delusional thinking.
                                                            Hopefully he will lose it all and then I might read on to point and LOL.
                                                            If he gets out of jail I'll wait until next year when he's el busto again to read it.

Comment

Posting this for a friend. I know she'd be very appreciative if you work in customer service/support and could take the time to complete this survey for her thesis.

Comment

Emmanual 10/11 +25

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  Stopped reading after a few paragraphs of barely disguised self pity and delusional thinking.
                                                                  Hopefully he will lose it all and then I might read on to point and LOL.
                                                                  If he gets out of jail I'll wait until next year when he's el busto again to read it.
                                                                  Oh yeah. He's pathetic alright.

Comment

Emmanual 10/11 +25
                                                                    Is Bobby Seagull the best UC name ever? Also is Rudd a transgender

Comment

Ha! got 2 out of 3 of the Language questions... no prizes for guessing which one I didn't get

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                        Is Bobby Seagull the best UC name ever? Also is Rudd a transgender
                                                                        Great name and great craic too. Yea Rudd is whatever the right word for whatever she is... she's shit hot at this.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                          Posting this for a friend. I know she'd be very appreciative if you work in customer service/support and could take the time to complete this survey for her thesis.

http://www.lauraprado.net/research
                                                                          Was kind of ideal for me. Done
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                            Rod Liddle...
                                                                            He's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young-one.

Comment

I got metal ones like these in Argos about a year ago.
                                                                              Sure I paid much less than that though
                                                                              I got some nice ones.

Fuck me, weights are hard. Why did none of you bastards warn me?

Comment

I got some nice ones.

Use the small ones.

Comment

I got some nice ones.

Wait until tmrw!
                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Use the small ones.
                                                                                    emmmm, I am

well, like 5kg. Physio has had me on them for a while, except I've just been using imaginary weights until today.

Comment

emmmm, I am

well, like 5kg. Physio has had me on them for a while, except I've just been using imaginary weights until today.
                                                                                      Are you exercising the rotator cuff or doing side raises or something?
                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                        Are you exercising the rotator cuff or doing side raises or something?
                                                                                        Squats and lunges and other such things best avoided by civilised individuals

Comment

Squats with two 5kgs in your hands? Old ladies going shopping carry more!!

Comment

Don't knock old ladies imo, they didn't get to be old by being nice.

I don't want to have the strength of an old lady, just want a back that won't collapse every few months.

Comment

Don't knock old ladies imo, they didn't get to be old by being nice.

I don't want to have the strength of an old lady, just want a back that won't collapse every few months.
                                                                                              lol come one. Get V to bring you to a proper training session. Those 5kg weights won't help you in any way unless getting abuse from fellow old timers on the net is the goal.
                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                Agree, there are some albums that you just go back to all the time. Music man. Magic.

Albums I'd still sit and listen and just let play -

The Bend - Radiohead
                                                                                                The Battle of Los Angeles - RATM
                                                                                                Dookie - Greenday
                                                                                                Cease to Begin - Band of Horses
                                                                                                Take off your Pants and Jacket. - Blink
                                                                                                Toxicity - System
                                                                                                Audioslave - Audioslave
                                                                                                Takk - Sigur Ros
                                                                                                Silent Alarm - Bloc Party
                                                                                                Absolution - Muse
                                                                                                Final Straw- Snow Partrol
                                                                                                I'm Wide Awake its Morning - Bright Eyes
                                                                                                An Awesome Wave - Alt J

Would be interested to see some of the lists from other people here. (Lao Lao and Lazare)
                                                                                                Been meaning to reply to this for ages.

Aside from the absolute classics, Beatles, Bowie, Dylan, Bush, Beach Boys and their likes below are albums (in no particular order) over the last 20 or so years that I always go back to time and time again.

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
                                                                                                Modest Mouse - Good news for people who like bad news
                                                                                                Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak
                                                                                                Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid
                                                                                                The National - High Violet
                                                                                                Cake - Fashion Nuggett
                                                                                                Tom Baxter - Feather & Stone
                                                                                                Albert Niland - Downtown Exit
                                                                                                Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
                                                                                                Joe Chester - A Murder of crows
                                                                                                Interpol - Antics
                                                                                                Villagers - Becoming a jackal
                                                                                                Death cab for cutie - Plans
                                                                                                Richard Hawley - Coles corner
                                                                                                LCD Soundsystem - Sound of silver
                                                                                                Air - Moon Safari
                                                                                                Flaming Lips - Yoshimi battles the pink robots
                                                                                                Richard Ashcroft - Alone with everybody
                                                                                                Hot Chip - The warning
                                                                                                The Bravery - The Bravery
                                                                                                The Streets - Original Pirate Material
                                                                                                Declan O Rourke - Since Kyabram

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                                  Serious question, did you even read that article or just the first few lines of speculation?
                                                                                                  Because it actually confirms that the ban doesn't apply to lawful permanent residents and dual citizens.

Trump signed the order very quickly. Before the DHS had got policies in place. This prompted confusion and speculation from the media for a day or two. This was since clarified by the Trump administration and Homeland Security.
                                                                                                  You are clinging to that confusion for the sake of your own agenda. It's really bizarre.

American media is ridiculous, political commentators from both sides just spew nonsense at each other. I understand why they have this approach, but I can't understand why intelligent, reasonable members of the public morph into mini-propaganda-merchants the minute US politics is the topic.

Alternate facts was a ridiculous justification last week. But since then it's become the status quo. It's all very sad.

Comment

this.
                                                                                                    Spot on V4V. Complete waste of time.
                                                                                                    Toddlers, a bags of potatoes, and lots of other everyday things that people pick up with one hand weight more. But physical weights suddenly make people hyper-conscious.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Mellor; 31-01-17, 03:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                      this.
                                                                                                      Spot on V4V. Complete waste of time.
                                                                                                      Toddlers, a bags of potatoes, and lots of other everyday things that people pick up with one hand weight more. But physical weights suddenly make people hyper-conscious.
                                                                                                      Real life isnt exercise m8, you might look great and be in peak physical condition but have you brought up 3 kids like I have?

No.

Comment

Quit smoking 2 yrs ago, lost stone and half last year and this year started multi gym with daughter. At moment was advised best to avoid free weights so alternate between treadmill, rowing machine, cycling machine and some arm / chest / shoulder contraptions. Still at the sip from my bottle of water trying to look knowledgeable between apparatuses stage. It's a whole new world there

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                          I agree that immigration is a privilege and not a right.
                                                                                                          I've heard this expressed here a few times as if its a self evident fact. Is there any actual reason, ideological or otherwise? Are you basing it on the ancient wisdom of "finders keepers, losers weepers"? At least psv has the excuse of his being a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                            Quit smoking 2 yrs ago, lost stone and half last year and this year started multi gym with daughter. At moment was advised best to avoid free weights so alternate between treadmill, rowing machine, cycling machine and some arm / chest / shoulder contraptions. Still at the sip from my bottle of water trying to look knowledgeable between apparatuses stage. It's a whole new world there
                                                                                                            Why avoid free weights? Best exercise in there

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                              Real life isnt exercise m8, you might look great and be in peak physical condition but have you brought up 3 kids like I have?

No.
                                                                                                              Real life is the best exercise. Miles better than an random hour in the gym or out pounding pavement. Look at old farmers with superhero strength.
                                                                                                              Or the popular of domestic strongman event, "carrying all the shopping into the house in one go"
                                                                                                              SPOILER

Bringing up kids is surely the ultimate endurance event. Not my cup of tea, but fair play to the heros that do.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                lol come one. Get V to bring you to a proper training session. Those 5kg weights won't help you in any way unless getting abuse from fellow old timers on the net is the goal.
                                                                                                                Just to be clear, I can actually carry 5kg weights.

It was more the shock of trying to do exercises while trying to carry such yokes. Not something I had tried before but physio has convinced me.

Comment

Just to be clear, I can actually carry 5kg weights.

It was more the shock of trying to do exercises while trying to carry such yokes. Not something I had tried before but physio has convinced me.
                                                                                                                  Sure Sure

This is too easy...

Comment

Congrats to Raoul whose weight will skyrocket now he will be able to carry more cornflakes on the spoon after his epic weight training plan.

*

Question for you craft beer heads.*** I guy where I work is leaving next week and he is a bit of a beer connoisseur .***

Where is the best place to buy rare enough *craft beer and what beer would you recommend.* He seems to have a bottle of everything at home, be nice to get him something

He didn’t have.

*

*

Will check back later tonight – thanks in advance.

*

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                                                                                                                      Congrats to Raoul whose weight will skyrocket now he will be able to carry more cornflakes on the spoon after his epic weight training plan.

*

Question for you craft beer heads.*** I guy where I work is leaving next week and he is a bit of a beer connoisseur .***

Where is the best place to buy rare enough *craft beer and what beer would you recommend.* He seems to have a bottle of everything at home, be nice to get him something

He didn’t have.

*

*

Will check back later tonight – thanks in advance.

*
                                                                                                                      My no 1 would be Drinkstore - in Stonybatter, they also have a website and delivery service. Last time I was in Dublin I popped into Baggot St wines, they seemed to have a decent selection.

Comment

@ MikeHunt . Where are you based?

My fav bottle shop in Dublin is the Mace outside of James' Hospital.
                                                                                                                        The two boys that run it are seriously into their beer.

It's just a scaldy mace apart from that. But trust me the craft selection is outrageous.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                          I've heard this expressed here a few times as if its a self evident fact. Is there any actual reason, ideological or otherwise? Are you basing it on the ancient wisdom of "finders keepers, losers weepers"? At least psv has the excuse of his being a troll.
                                                                                                                          I guess the old 'finders keepers' excuse is at the heart of it all right Though for me it is just a reality of the world flowing from property rights, inheritance, national sovereignty, all the rest of it; if we decide that immigration should be totally free and that the people living in a certain area of the world, whether they've been there since time immemorial or only a few decades, shouldn't have control regarding access to the territory they live in, I'd see the practicalities of that being extremely problematic in the short and medium terms.

A world where immigration wherever you like, whenever you like is an unalienable human right seems unworkable to me, though I haven't given it much thought so of course am happy to be proved incorrect!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X