Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is correct to say that people who are Muslim and legally in the US are in danger now as they cannot return to visit their families. As they cannot get back in. It's ENFORCED separation. He is correct to bring up Japanese internment. As if you stop the freedom of people who hold dual citizenship in perhaps a Muslim country on the ban list and USA citizenship you are now effectively a prisoner in the USA. Your freedom is removed. It's just one step to rounding those who have dual citizenship up like with Japanese Americans in the 40's.

Forget the technicalities. Trump is an enemy of Freedom.

Comment

Watched Hacksaw Ridge. Quite good. Now onto Lion
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

The amount of yanks out protesting instead of voting shows how retarded that race of humans are.

Enjoy it, bigly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          And just in a mathematical sense loads of those make 26 bets
          Well 5-folds (6) & trebles (20) and singles(6) & trebles (20) both add up to 26.
          But 2 is hardly loads And neither are particularly likely, but who knows what you ticked.

Would be a lot clearer if we knew how many selections. Or just a pic of the betslip. Did you collect?

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
          If he has 8 bets and dose a 6 fold he gets 26 bets I'm sure
          I work that out as 28 bets.
          8*7/2=28

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
          Why do people keep calling trumps executive order a Muslim ban? Has he added Indonesia,Pakistan,india,Bangladesh,Nigeria,turkey Egypt , Algeria or morocco?
          Because being honest just isn't sensationalist enough.

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
          He is correct to say that people who are Muslim and legally in the US are in danger now as they cannot return to visit their families. As they cannot get back in. It's ENFORCED separation. He is correct to bring up Japanese internment. As if you stop the freedom of people who hold dual citizenship in perhaps a Muslim country on the ban list and USA citizenship you are now effectively a prisoner in the USA. Your freedom is removed. It's just one step to rounding those who have dual citizenship up like with Japanese Americans in the 40's.
          Well that's actually complete nonsense.

Firstly the ban doesn't apply to Muslims worldwide. It's 7 out of maybe 50 Muslim majority countries. Some of which are quite small. Let's not ignore the minorities either. I think works out as something like less 1.5% of Muslims are affected.

Secondly, it doesn't apply to greencard holders, who've already passed the relevant security checks.

Makes for a great facebook rant, but the whole thing falls apart with 60 seconds research.

Comment

Tune

http://youtu.be/AEX2u5q7J7o
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Followed by arrested development Mr wendel
              Now Born slippy

Should go to bed now and I think.
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

Folks with the Oneplus three T, does the case for the oneplus three fit it as well?

My daughter is ordering the 3T in the next few days and I am looking at body armour style cases as she destroyed her iphone screen too easy.

Only seeing the oneplus three and not the T model for it and don't want to buy the wrong one.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  Ugh, hope that doesn't look like thanks whoring, just bursting here, wanna bit of off yiz.
                  Dear Laz
                  Aren't you amazing ?? You're bursting ..all that and you open up for love.

Too few people do that. I think it's the hardest thing to do. You open up ..and then say .yeah..it's ok to give me your love. Because everyone would have wanted to ...but we need an invite sometimes. So thank you and much love.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                    Hey Laz, I think it's nice to write your thoughts down. I imagine it's therapeutic for you. BT or Vodafone or one of those brands had an advert a few years ago selling phones and the tagline was "it's good to talk", I'm not sure how many phones they sold but the message was certainly correct. It's one of the good things about IPB is that people can feel comfortable sharing stuff, and they should, because I know from my own life that talking is good. I also think it is important to help others understand that bad stuff happens and in general a lot of people have a lot of problems. People also learn from these things and those learnings can benefit others. Here is one for you of how you sharing your unfortunate circumstances had a little ripple effect on somebody else. A colleague in work and his wife lost their to be first child in the same circumstances as you just a few days before the expected arrival date. We wanted to get them a card and a subtle gift/gesture. I remembered you mentioned the feileacain charity somewhere at the time of your loss so we made a donation to the charity and wrote to them in a card how we had made that donation on their behalf and in the memory of their own lost child. It meant a lot to them, I can imagine far more than a bunch of flowers and a teddy bear. Had you not shared what you did, we couldn't have done that for them. Little ripples, benefit of some size or another to many. Stay strong man, get that strength from wherever you feel like.
                    I wanted to hate you like the spoilt brat I am.....and now you have robbed that from me...

Cuz you are being very genuinely awesome. God dammit Gimmie!

That is really REALLY sincerely a a very good thing to do. I mean that.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
                      With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
                      Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
                      A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
                      Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
                      Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
                      Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
                      The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
                      With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
                      Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
                      The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
                      Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
                      I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

is @lazarus named for Emma Lazarus? The poetess??

Track from Joanna Newsom LP/CASS/CD “Divers”, available on October 23, 2015 on Drag City.Order now at: http://www.dragcity.com/products/diversiTunes: apple.c...

This is a Joanna Newsom song...

http://culturedarm.com/themes-and-re...s-sapokanikan/
                      And drums upon a plastic bag
                      The brave-men-and-women-so-dear-to-God-
                      And-famous-to-all-of-the-ages rag
                      It's about New York ..people humans New Colossus by Emma Lazarus and Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley https://www.poetryfoundation.org/res...s/detail/46565
                      I met a traveller from an antique land,
                      Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
                      Stand in the desert. . .
                      Seems timely.
                      Last edited by Guest; 30-01-17, 08:37.

Comment

As stated before, it matters not how many people who didn't vote for Trump turn out and protest. Genuinely makes no difference.

But when senior Republicans on the Hill turn on the President, then you're in trouble. McCain and Graham went through Trump for a shortcut yesterday. Paul Ryan may now be the most important man in Washington.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                          Folks with the Oneplus three T, does the case for the oneplus three fit it as well?

My daughter is ordering the 3T in the next few days and I am looking at body armour style cases as she destroyed her iphone screen too easy.

Only seeing the oneplus three and not the T model for it and don't want to buy the wrong one.

Cheers
                          Same body as far as I know.

I dont see any differences (guy beside me in work has 3T) aside from colour.
                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

A New York Judge has issued an emergency stay against the deportation of refugees. This ban would also apply to green card holders..including people who have dual citizenship with let's say the Uk or the USA and another country itself.

I think the GOP ..or some skeleton of it ..is starting to feel less American than those they want to deport and are wondering if liberals were right. I think they realize they bought the concrete kingdom and threw the freedom away.

Comment

A New York Judge has issued an emergency stay against the deportation of refugees. This ban would also apply to green card holders..including people who have dual citizenship with let's say the Uk or the USA and another country itself.

I think the GOP ..or some skeleton of it ..is starting to feel less American than those they want to deport and are wondering if liberals were right. I think they realize they bought the concrete kingdom and threw the freedom away.
                              Apparently DHS staff have been told by management to ignore the court ruling and are complying. This is gonna get very, very messy.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Do you guys remember your grandmother?There is a Quote by my favorite author. Catherine Mansfield. From Green Googles...
                                “The women of Russia do not only hear children, they keep them alive,”
                                The word Matryoshka refers to the 'nesting dolls' a symbol of femininity and peeling of emotions and layers. Like an onion. My nana had a set of nesting russian dolls within one another.

DO you remember every woman of your Nana's age in Dublin would wear a 1940's headscarf? like this?

It looked just like the Matryoshkas to me and she felt like one.

And then i found a Matryoshka ..lol..the way she sentiments each thing

Hallow :) Today Matryona "Matryoshka" will help you become a real Doll :D Hope you enjoy her sweet nature and slight accent as she applies her favorite cosm...

Whenever I would see a scarf or Russian dolls I would think of my grandmother. She was a cook for a Jewish family in Dublin. She taught me how to cook.And yes she didn't only hear children she kept them alive. I used to play with her rings. And do her hair when I was older. She died when I was twenty three. I love her so much. She told me her stories. I am not sure she didn't know not to. I was told that would not happen to me ...because i was so precious. I enjoyed hearing that. She grew up in the GoldenBridge orphanage. It's the place where Christine Buckley was (Dear Daughter). It's all true.
                                She was the softest hearted creature ever to walk the earth i think. I swear to you I am a brat by comparison. And she didn't only hear children ..she kept them alive. To me she was what it meant to be a mother. She could make anything taste good. She and my grandad raised two children ( my father and my aunt) and cared for my great granny in oliver bond.
                                My great granny and an uncle.

Kindest soul I ever met. She always made me feel pretty when I was around her. Matryoshka. If she thought i was pretty...i was. It was just so.

And she was the greatest cook...for a Jewish family ..we all met up years later and went to dinner. To talk and think. She never had a hard word to say about anyone. She didn't have lofty political debates about right or wrong. She dealt with decisions , life and people in her own way as best she could. All i can say is....she did a darn better job of living a good life than most I see. You have to be kind. No matter what ...because ...Matryoshkas don't just hear children they keep them alive ..or with their rights etc. No matter how forlorn ...or wretched. Anything else ...is unnatural. It's totally unmatryoshka. And Nanas are all that is right with the world.

It's because of her and my Grandad my dad is where he is today. And all the help he and they got along the way. THANKS WORLD.
                                Last edited by Guest; 30-01-17, 10:19.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                  Apparently DHS staff have been told by management to ignore the court ruling and are complying. This is gonna get very, very messy.
                                  Yes. It will go one way or the other. And there will be no turning back. If Trump goes heavy handed. It will damage democracy. If his opposition does it will rip the country apart.

Comment

Alternate Facts?

The announcement came Sunday in a brief statement from Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly, who wrote, “In applying the provisions of the president’s executive order, I hereby deem the entry of lawful permanent residents to be in the national interest.”

Kelly continued: “Accordingly, absent the receipt of significant derogatory information indicating a serious threat to public safety and welfare, lawful permanent resident status will be a dispositive factor in our case-by-case determinations.” So while the statement still contains wiggle room to deny entry for some green card holders who they get specific negative intelligence about, the assumption is that they will be allowed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                      Alternate Facts?
                                      President Donald Trump’s immigration executive order set off mass confusion at airports and even the agencies in charge of implementing it.

Come on...

Comment

You don't have to lack intuition and emotional perception in reading situations. Especially when these perceptions are supported by facts.

It's clear what is going on here. You can ignore reality through becoming obsessed with technicalities.

This is incredibly disturbing.

Comment

It's only 90 days, that's significantly shorter than the travel ban Obama implemented. I'm guessing there's some method behind the madness, that this satiates his right, and makes whatever he implements permanently, palatable to his left.
                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 30-01-17, 11:09.

Comment

Spent a weekend drinking in Brussels, it is a dangerous game when you are drink 11-13% beer that doesn't taste strong at all. Anyway if anybody knows where you can get Kasteel Bruin in Dublin let me know, hands down, the best beer.

Picked up a litre of The Botanist on the way back, and a bottle of Villa Massa, lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                              It's only 90 days, that's significantly shorter than the travel ban Obama implemented. I'm guessing there's some method behind the madness, that this satiates his right, and makes whatever he implements permanently, palatable to his left.
                                              What price would you give me that we will have either shut down US pre clearance or jumped straight to a GE over it by the end of Feb
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

Cheers
                                                I bought the case from the oneplus store and it fits like a dream and is pretty robust

plenty of choices here
                                                Here are the best phone cases out there, and what each case brand offers to keep your devices safe from bumps, drops, and spills.

Orzly seems to be pretty good from what I hear
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

What price would you give me that we will have either shut down US pre clearance or jumped straight to a GE over it by the end of Feb
                                                  Well foretold. Along with much civil unrest.

Comment

We (the royal planet earth we) are TEN days into this.
                                                    It's also odd that the NSC thing is kinda getting quietly pushed in. Stephen Bannon is a fucking menace.

We are teetering on a geopolitical precipice, make no mistake about it.
                                                    All it will take is the right push.
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

@Honda or anyone else who may know.

Flying Dub - Amsterdam - Houston with KLM.

Can I do preclearance in Dublin?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post

No. Your flight to Amsterdam will not leave from a gate behind preclearance.
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Only direct flights to US can pre clear
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Our new album "Night Sketches" out on March 8 Pre-order here : https://idol.lnk.to/NightSketches ☎️BUY "Louise" : https://itunes.apple.com/fr/album/papooz-ep...

On behalf of all Louise's in the world thank you Papooz for our song :-) Suits us PERFECTLY :-)

Comment

No. Your flight to Amsterdam will not leave from a gate behind preclearance.
                                                              Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                              Only direct flights to US can pre clear
                                                              Shite so I have to do it when I land, is that a nightmare?

Comment

You might want to think the US.I wouldn't go there.

Stay where it's safe...dunno where that is yet...i am just staying put..

Album https://cigsaftersex.lnk.to/casSpotify https://cigsaftersex.lnk.to/spBandcamp https://cigsaftersex.lnk.to/bc Facebook https://cigsaftersex.lnk.to/fb I...

Comment

Gen. John F. Kelly, the secretary of homeland security, had dialed in from a Coast Guard plane as he headed back to Washington from Miami. Along with other top officials, he needed guidance from the White House, which had not asked his department for a legal review of the order.

Halfway into the briefing, someone on the call looked up at a television in his office. “The president is signing the executive order that we’re discussing,” the official said, stunned.
                                                                  Well Denny...?
                                                                  Lots of smart guys around him... tremendously presidential?

Comment

My favourite line of the last weeks goes to Marion McKeon on the radio yesterday when she described all these executive orders, with the exception of this hateful bit of pandering to the very worst elements in his base, as 'Leatherbound tweets'

Comment

My favourite line of the last weeks goes to Marion McKeon on the radio yesterday when she described all these executive orders, with the exception of this hateful bit of pandering to the very worst elements in his base, as 'Leatherbound tweets'
                                                                      That's not what I think of when i hear the phrase 'Leatherbound'.

Which poker player if you had to would you make US president?

Comment

Wouldn't worry about it at all, much of a muchness really.
                                                                        Little bit slower than doing it in Dublin, but also a little bit friendlier imo.

Comment

Depends where you're from
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                            Little bit slower than doing it in Dublin, but also a little bit friendlier imo.
                                                                            Depends where you land. Houston will probably be sound but I dealt with some obnoxious pricks in JFK and Atlanta.

Comment

I don't agree Irish airport staff are very friendly.

True
                                                                              But Americans as individuals are not their country. They are themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                The amount of yanks out protesting instead of voting shows how retarded that race of humans are.

Enjoy it, bigly.
                                                                                Ha i was just about to post this.

Ya get what ya paid for .. He's a plonker obviously but who's worse the plonker or the plonker's who voted him in.

I dont know what they are protesting for , he is just doing what he said he would do and he got elected on that mandate. All they can legitimately do now is wait for 4 years ( and probably annoy the trump voters even more to win easier next time)
                                                                                sigpic
                                                                                Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Well Denny...?
                                                                                  Lots of smart guys around him... tremendously presidential?
                                                                                  I'll say one thing, Trump sure is getting shit done.
                                                                                  .

Comment

They will say Russian interference. Election tampering and that he lost the POP vote.

Comment

.
                                                                                      You can stop now..we won't say anything.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post

Enjoy it, bigly.
                                                                                        Ive been getting bigly laughes outta these lads melting down while pointing out just how stupid Trump & co are!

As the former star of Ghosts Can’t Do It settles into his latest job, Andy and Nish find it hard to talk about much else.
                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 30-01-17, 13:01.

Comment

Trump is driving the US into the ground like a dart.

Comment

No one ..i agree!

Comment

Mike Matusow

Comment

Mike Matusow
                                                                                                Brilliant.

SPOILER
                                                                                                Denny I think you are racist. I've seen his twitter!

Comment

Also he seems pretty dumb....

Comment

Depends where you land. Houston will probably be sound but I dealt with some obnoxious pricks in JFK and Atlanta.
                                                                                                    Sweet, thanks all.

So 5.55am with no preclear, assume 4.30am is good?

Comment

Where was all the outrage when Obama added these countries to the the unsafe countries list. Or when he was drone bombing weddings?
                                                                                                      It's not a ban it is a 90 day suspension on citizens from mostly failed states entering the US,green card holders are being allowed back in
                                                                                                      Immigration is a privelege not a right ,countries have every right to decide who can enter their borders

I'd imagine quite a few of the airport protesters are being paid to be there

Comment

Chateau Musar 2004 on special offer on Vivino for £25 sterling. Only problem is how you get it to Ireland as you can't use Parcel Motel for wine anymore. You would need to get it delivered to a friend/family member in the UK and have them bring it over / you go collect it. Would lose the value unless it was a regular trip that they / you made

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                          Where was all the outrage when Obama added these countries to the the unsafe countries list. Or when he was drone bombing weddings?
                                                                                                          It's not a ban it is a 90 day suspension on citizens from mostly failed states entering the US,green card holders are being allowed back in
                                                                                                          Immigration is a privelege not a right ,countries have every right to decide who can enter their borders

I'd imagine quite a few of the airport protesters are being paid to be there
                                                                                                          Really? Who's paying?! That would surprise me as I hadn't thought of that as a possibility.

I agree that immigration is a privilege and not a right; sometimes various leftie types do a bit of damage to their platform by over-estimating how many people are in favour of totally open borders. Allegedly Ireland is a bit of a soft touch when it comes to border security (at least certain people on ThePropertyPin seem to think so), though I've not looked into it myself so can't comment either way.

Comment

Sweet, thanks all.

So 5.55am with no preclear, assume 4.30am is good?
                                                                                                            Plenty of time
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

I did that same journey in Oct and immigration took all of approximately 20 minutes in Houston. Possibly got very lucky, but it should be OK.

Comment

Trump claims the auto CEOs told him that their meeting was "one of the greatest meetings we've ever attended"
                                                                                                                NEver stops delivering

Comment

Plenty of time
                                                                                                                  Not if he has to check in a bag imo. I'd still be there at 4 in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    I bought the case from the oneplus store and it fits like a dream and is pretty robust

plenty of choices here
                                                                                                                    Here are the best phone cases out there, and what each case brand offers to keep your devices safe from bumps, drops, and spills.

Orzly seems to be pretty good from what I hear

Seen that, I have a black one for my phone and I don't care it doesn't look as pretty. I want it protected. Lucie has managed to smash 2 phone screens in the last 2 years. And she is paying for this herself and those are a bit more expensive than the one I have

I just didn't want to commit to buying one and it didn't fit.

Comment

I need to buy a set of small weights, to contain at a minimum:

2 * 10kg
                                                                                                                      2 * 7kg
                                                                                                                      2 * 5kg

Where in (preferably North) Dublin would a man buy such a thing?
                                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                        I need to buy a set of small weights, to contain at a minimum:

2 * 10kg
                                                                                                                        2 * 7kg
                                                                                                                        2 * 5kg

Where in (preferably North) Dublin would a man buy such a thing?
                                                                                                                        Argos will sell them all individually, though there might be cheaper options.

Comment

NEver stops delivering
                                                                                                                          A pattern emerges.

Signs into action an unconstitutional order that will create maximum noise while directly affecting very few people. Easy play for him, winning brownie points with the more moronic KKK / Tea Party / Alt Right core support while having absolutely no positive effect on National Security.
                                                                                                                          Meanwhile amidst the noise he dumps the Military and CIA from the NSC and appoints Bannon instead and hardly anyone notices.

Gobells never got it so easy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X