This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
    off to see this later on. Can't wait! bought the tix March last year . been a long time coming

Jealous!

Went to see Kooza in London and Mystere in Vegas. Lucky enough to get pretty much front row seats for both and it's an amazing show. Enjoy!

Comment

Good to see all those boorish darts fans out of Alexandra Palace to make way for the snooker. Cmon Ronald.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        Jealous!

Went to see Kooza in London and Mystere in Vegas. Lucky enough to get pretty much front row seats for both and it's an amazing show. Enjoy!
        4th one for me! Without a doubt my favourite show to go to. Have absolutely loved them all. Still haven't seen the ones in Vegas, so one day!

Comment

acestream://140418f38a8f744266270f2896185c7fd9ace5aa

Match link
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
            Where and how much will it be to fix a smashed mini iPad screen?
            My bro-in-law works here:

Has done a couple of screens for my daughter's devices, always perfect coming back.

Comment

Fairly easy to wind MrsF up on a Sunday morning.

Comment

Maybe if you have Messi, or a squad of world class players in an average German league you can play Zabaleta in central midfield when his legs are clearly gone. Fuck off. Looks like City players are thinking the exact same thing. Defo can see Pep leaving before end if the year.

Comment

Stage looks amazing

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPSdLgEguK0/

Comment

If Scarlets can hold out, this is a great result for Leinster and Munster. In their hands to get the No. 1 spot for the QFs.

Plus Saracens contain so many cuntish players.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                      Fairly easy to wind MrsF up on a Sunday morning.
                      And as usual I fall for it haha. I have a suggestion for the game. A Tiggeresa for the forum!

I am good now Dobby lol. Mind was a muddle last night and felt a bit tender this morning haha.

Comment

Draw still a good result.

Home QFs should be Leinster, Munster, Clermont, Saracens

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                          Maybe if you have Messi, or a squad of world class players in an average German league you can play Zabaleta in central midfield when his legs are clearly gone. Fuck off. Looks like City players are thinking the exact same thing. Defo can see Pep leaving before end if the year.
                          In the last 5 years that "average German league" has had 97 champions league game wins as opposed to 87 English league team wins in the comp.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Crazy snooker.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                              In the last 5 years that "average German league" has had 97 champions league game wins as opposed to 87 English league team wins in the comp.
                              In the last 5 years Bayern 2nd team would have finished in the top 4 in Germany and been disappointed with themselves

+ teams DO play not to get hammered by the juganalut on the contenient unlike the shithouse that is the English league

If you're gonna pick an argument using stats, use them honestly!

Comment

Meh. Maybe I should rephrase as team who crushed for years before his arrival.

Pep defo been pretty awful so far.

Assuming you are not arguing with a straight face that the overall standard in Germany is higher than the Premises league?
                                Last edited by Closed_Account; 15-01-17, 16:44.

Comment

Klopp should tell Lallaaaaallllllannna no back flicks or cruff turns for 1 month

Watch the improvement, then flog his ass to the bag of monies

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                    Meh. Maybe I should rephrase as team who crushed for years before his arrival.

Pep defo been pretty awful so far.

Assuming you are not arguing with a straight face that the overall standard in Germany is higher than the Premises league?
                                    By what measurable is the premier league better? Because it's the one you watch and Jamie Redknaap tells you it's the best every week? The league coefficients are based on performances in Europe over a 5 year period and Spain are rightly miles ahead with Germany in 2nd. Even if you take Bayern and Chelsea's results from the sample, (the two highest performers from there respective leagues) Germany would be still slightly ahead.

I've no doubt England has much better players but doesn't necessarily translate to performances or better standard. Germany has more homegrown players who give slightly more of a fuck about their teams imo compared to the Premier league which has so many foreigners it's lost its identiy.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

I can never see Klopp signing an Irishman, can you see the likes of Coleman or Roy Keane tolerating any of that hugging shite?

Comment

Everytime I see Coleman his hugging someone!

Comment

We did a tour of the albert hall a few years ago while the rehearsals for kooza were on. Ending up getting tix up in the gods for 20 quid odd each. Dont think theres many bad views of a cirque du soleil show.
                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                            Bumped into Lao Lao on his birthday crawl in Nearys.

Lookin good for 50 tbf..

His missus lookin better for 30....
                                            Harsh but partly true, thanks for the sambuca shot. It sat nicely on the beer, proseco and wine and set me up nicely for vodka and more shots

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                            Yikes. Hit the over 40 raptors in Bojangles. Feel a bit overdressed in jeans....
                                            Ah jaysus, had I known you were going there, I would have taken you to Ri Ra's with us.

Comment

It's late but screener season is here;
                                              Fences
                                              La La Land
                                              Arrival
                                              Hidden Figures
                                              Patriot Land
                                              Moonlight
                                              Fantastic Beasts

All available
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

By what measurable is the premier league better? Because it's the one you watch and Jamie Redknaap tells you it's the best every week.
                                                Impressively arrogant and condescending. I also lived in the country for a long time and still watch as much German football as I can.

Comment

FYI the copy of Arrival looks to be terrible. It is a screener but whatever way it was ripped the screen is really dark. It makes it almost unwatchable in places.

Opr

Comment

I don't even watch much soccer anymore but imo that is a pretty weak statistic to use as the basis of any argument that suggests one league is better than another.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                      I don't even watch much soccer anymore but imo that is a pretty weak statistic to use as the basis of any argument that suggests one league is better than another.
                                                      At least it's an attempt at using some sort of mathematical basis rather than gut instinct.

How about 'different clubs in the 1/4 finals of the champions league this decade'? Its 4 clubs from each league, suggests strength in depth is similar enough.

Like I'm inclined to think the EPL is probably better, but its actually quite tricky to come up with many metrics that indicate so.

Comment

I was more so challenging the assertion that the Bundesliga is average when it's been outperforming the premier league in the elite European competitions last 5 years. People's notion that the Prem is superior is purely conjecture and often due to familiarity bias, because there's no facts or stats to support it.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            At least it's an attempt at using some sort of mathematical basis rather than gut instinct.

How about 'different clubs in the 1/4 finals of the champions league this decade'? Its 4 clubs from each league, suggests strength in depth is similar enough.

Like I'm inclined to think the EPL is probably better, but its actually quite tricky to come up with many metrics that indicate so.
                                                            An effort to use statistics doesn't make the argument more valid.

Unfortunately for anyone making an argument in soccer based on statistics is fighting an uphill battle as the sport has so many variables.
                                                            Compare it to American sports which is arguably the gold standard for statistical evidence in team sports and straight away you're at a disadvantage because a draw exists.
                                                            Then take conditions, basketball for example, court is always the same size, weather is always the same, sample sizes are larger.
                                                            Then you're making a comparison across multiple leagues where an even smaller sample size exists, then you're comparing wins not points, format then changes, tactics from domestic leagues change to European.

I'm not saying who's right or wrong but if you're making your argument based on statistics you should make a stronger one

Comment

This guy giving stream free for 1st NFL game tonight fwiw

Comment

La La Land s worth a trip to the cinema m, enjoyable film but hard to imagine it working on a tv.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

An effort to use statistics doesn't make the argument more valid.

Unfortunately for anyone making an argument in soccer based on statistics is fighting an uphill battle as the sport has so many variables.
                                                                  Compare it to American sports which is arguably the gold standard for statistical evidence in team sports and straight away you're at a disadvantage because a draw exists.
                                                                  Then take conditions, basketball for example, court is always the same size, weather is always the same, sample sizes are larger.
                                                                  Then you're making a comparison across multiple leagues where an even smaller sample size exists, then you're comparing wins not points, format then changes, tactics from domestic leagues change to European.

I'm not saying who's right or wrong but if you're making your argument based on statistics you should make a stronger one
                                                                  Without doubt it's really difficult to compare because of sample size and the other reasons you've given etc, but still its quite remarkable that theres very few stats that would actively back up a 'German league average, EPL better' stance.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    La La Land s worth a trip to the cinema m, enjoyable film but hard to imagine it working on a tv.
                                                                    I can barely imagine going to a cinema again, ever. Expected to experience a better class of audience cunt in the theatre. If cunts in the Gate don't know how, or are unwilling to turn their phones the fuck off I really couldn't be bothered.
                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I don't believe you,it looks poisonously pleased with itself,even by musical standards

Comment

Saw it earlier, really good. Couple of scenes could have been cut but Emma stone was excellent. Dom prob hate it I'd say as I liked it

Comment

Comment

Rodgers has been all types of awesome first half.
                                                                            Last edited by The Situation; 15-01-17, 22:45.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

I was more so challenging the assertion that the Bundesliga is average when it's been outperforming the premier league in the elite European competitions last 5 years. People's notion that the Prem is superior is purely conjecture and often due to familiarity bias, because there's no facts or stats to support it.
                                                                              Well that's fair enough, my point was simply if you were challenging the bias that I completely agree exists for the EPL that you'd simply need more than that to make a convincing argument but I agree it's definitely worth questioning

Comment

...
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Rodgers has been all types of awesome first half.
                                                                                  Don't think dak will be able to bring them back, they won't be able to run Elliot.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                      Don't think dak will be able to bring them back, they won't be able to run Elliot.
                                                                                      I still think I'm right!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                        The entire field of economics involves starting with a dodgy ideological argument and then using amazing statistics to convince the world it's true. Hence why economics is about as useful as a bag of dicks in a lesbo convention.
                                                                                        Homeopathy, astrology, meteorology and economics.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                          Saw it earlier, really good. Couple of scenes could have been cut but Emma stone was excellent. Dom prob hate it I'd say as I liked it
                                                                                          I was just thinking that I'd definitely hate it given SP's take on it.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                              Everytime I see Coleman his hugging someone!
                                                                                              Big manly up ya boy ya hugs, not like the fauning kids trying to impress there teacher hugs going on at liverpool

Comment

Cracking game

Comment

step up time Prescott

Comment

Some play to catch that inbounds.

Comment

So there's gonna be one more game in the Georgia Dome.

Bring it on Green Bay. Bring it on.

Comment

That was easily best game of playoffs. Feel soo sorry for Prescott but love Rodgers. TBH I just want anyone but New England to win superbowl. I am a Miami fan from when I watched Dan Marino play versus the Bears live many years ago and was starting to dream when they made wildcard but losing QB feked them up.Hoping for Pittsburgh next match

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                          If you got fed up after 2½ days you are doing Vegas wrong!
                                                                                                          I've never been. I doubt I ever will.

It wouldn't be my first thought of where to go. But they have hot springs and the Boneyard Museum. This looks like stepping out into Beetlejuice the movie or something.

They also have this ..https://ffflv.org/ https://www.instagram.com/firstfridaylv/

They also have Area 51...you would HAVE to do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sXQoGcMN1U

I think a lot of people go for what will ultimately be disappointing. I.E the big hotels and casinos.
                                                                                                          Anytime you go somewhere to gamble you will ultimately be disappointed.

@hitch. I have too probably..except with me ..it's by choice!
                                                                                                          I've watched Frozen about 300 times at this stage Dom
                                                                                                          Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                          I can barely imagine going to a cinema again, ever. Expected to experience a better class of audience cunt in the theatre. If cunts in the Gate don't know how, or are unwilling to turn their phones the fuck off I really couldn't be bothered.
                                                                                                          Small screenings like the ones in the sugar club I like or Brooks Cinema or Denzille the IFI Lighthouse . Try them. Usually put on by film clubs etc. Totally different :-) My friend organized one for charity .. https://www.facebook.com/blooddonorsfilmclub/ https://www.facebook.com/blooddonorsfilmclub/photos/ It was really fun :-)

The screen cinema closed unfortunately.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 16-01-17, 07:33.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                            I was just thinking that I'd definitely hate it given SP's take on it.
                                                                                                            Same as you and sci-fi kinda stuff for me. Oh he didn't like arrival, time to go.

Thanks for the recommendation

Comment

What happened to the Screen? Favourite cinema loction by far.

Comment

Shut a few months ago. I think 6 was the max I had witnessed at a film there.
                                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                  What happened to the Screen? Favourite cinema loction by far.
                                                                                                                  You clearly didn't overwhelm them with your custom!

It amazes me how busy the former Virgin cinema (and Dundrum less so) is on the very rare occasion I go there. It's just such a pain in the ass watching movies in a commercial cinema.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by V for Vendetta; 16-01-17, 09:36.
                                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                      Was there once and there was, yep, about six people total. The thing was they'd forgot to turn the sound on on the movie. Perhaps it says something about the clientele that we sat there for a good 30 mins looking at this silent movie before someone went out and politely informed the management that they should turn on the sound. In fairness I had spent 20 of those minutes thinking it was actually meant to be a silent movie and cursing my lack of sophistication for being unable to appreciate the art form.
                                                                                                                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                        Same as you and sci-fi kinda stuff for me. Oh he didn't like arrival, time to go.

Thanks for the recommendation
                                                                                                                        The thing is that I love scifi but not when it's up its own hole like Arrival or interstellar.

Comment

Speaking of things that are up their own arse, what did they do to sherlock? It was like a bad parody of itself.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X