Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the CV font of choice for the discerning job seeker these days?

I know it's a no-no but i do personally think times New Roman looks clean in a PDF

No offence Hitch, but you are not allowed answer

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
      What is the CV font of choice for the discerning job seeker these days?

I know it's a no-no but i do personally think times New Roman looks clean in a PDF

No offence Hitch, but you are not allowed answer
      Calibri like a boss
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If the font matters (obviously within a normal range, nothing stupid like comic) then it's not a job worth working in imo.

Comment

Ô͐҉̠̟̥̪͠b̜̭̙̹̯͕ͥ̓̋ͬͥ͡͡v͚͍̂̀͒ͭ͑i̛̦̳̣̮͖̋̈́̓͢o̵̦̅̽͑͊͘ ̬̮͈͓ử͕̼̟̪̐̄ͫͥ̚ͅs͎̞̥͉̉ͨ͆͠͡l͔̩̺̰̗̼ͣ̽ͤ͜͞yͭͧ̔ͯ͊̈́̇̔͢͏ ̳̝̝̼̺̲ͅ,̸̱͍͈̗̝͉̗͚̿͂͗͢ͅ ̣̱̭̣ͬͮ̃̈́̉̑̈́́͠w͕̥̺ͦ̓̑̽ͪͦ́h̜͉ͯ̎ͤͩ̒̍̆̆e̘̗̋̋ͪ̉̈́n̓͝͏͍̮̘ ̱̳̮̦̞̰ ̧̘̹̒ͮͨt̴͎ͩ̄ͤ̎̉́͠h̸̢̠̭͇͚̘ͯ̐ͭͭͩ̔̒͠ḛ̬̝̘̻͈ͨ̈ ̵̱͈͕̜̤̤̫̫͛͂n͍̙̓eͯͩͧ̌͛͊ͫ҉͓͈e̸̸̵̬̗̭̩̲̝̬ͤ̔͆̔ͦd̯̐ͯ̐̀̐̄ ̙̯̹͈̮ ̴̡̦͔̣̖̩̟ͮ̓̄̇f̘̖̜̊̋̉̇o̡̦͐̐̊ͧͫ͆̐̋r̨͖̚͠ ̸̢̻͎̦̼̩͛͂ͣ͛͠ů̢̉҉̧̱̝͇͓̙n̛͍̝̱̲̭͔̯͈̿̍̽̑͑̃̂ͩ́ỉͫ͏̛̩̭̙ ̯͎̠q̸̩̪̮͖̭̯̙̳̃͊ͨ̑ͥ̎ų͎̘̰̱̘͋eͪͣ̈́͒͋͑҉̶̰̬ ̧̹̤̣̰͒̒ͤ͋͒̎͊͡f̷̱̦̈́ͫ̈ͥ̀ͫ͒ͅo̞̿͘n͚͙̪̰̼̜͎̼̪ͧ͑ͨ͂͘t͕̺͈̖̿ s̵͔̰̪̉̊̈́̆͆̐ ̧̝̞̈́̒̊̇́a̧̙͆ͥ̑ͦ̆͌͗̏r̙͇̖͊ͥͯ̿͝ḯ̟̮̺̻̻̿́ͧ͊͗ṣ̛̙̝̝̌ͬé ̥̌̉̀s͓͓͉̜͂ͥ̾̀͢͠,̶̮̯̩̦͕͚̟̪̋ͨ̅͝ ̵̛̯̰͚͍̰̟̰̘̣͗́ͥt̴̬̟̳̱ͬ̈̎͋̄ͥ͌ͪ́͟ḧ̵̙͙͖̖̬͂ͥͮ̂͆ͪ̈̑i̢ͮ̚ ͉̯̤̥s̷̜̹̫͉͆ͯ͆ͩ͗̒̓̀ ̰̼̝̠̼ͧ̌̐͛͘bͧ͐̎̀ͦ҉̬̲̩͇̤͇̠a̴̸̡̳̙̅̓͆d̴̸̙̺̲̱̎̈́͆̑ ̷̢͔̪̟͕̱͖͉̟̮̈́͋ḇ̠̜̤̍̄̊ͦ̀̄͜aͥ̂͒̄͏̛҉̙͉̝y̵̥̝̼̯̩ͣ̓ͭ ̘̺͖͇͇ͥͥ̔ͅi̶͎̜̇ͥͫ͋͆̇̃̆̉ͅs̗͉̐̈́̓ͥ̊̈́̋̂ͅ ̖̼͕̤̹̆̿͗͢a͙͓̟ͣ̊͗̈̄͢ͅl̸̪͚͔̫͎͑̈̅͘ͅl̥̪̜͙̤̹̟̆̌͜ ̶̢̳̬̖̭ͭͩ̇y͈͎̠͕̙̅ͨ̈́͆ͨŏ̥͖̰ͥ́̑ͩ̏͊ͫ̎́u͈̻͕̫̲̞̤͛͌̍͢ ̜ ̰͉̹̹̭̟̭͙͒͋͑̉̀̄ͭ̚͜͞ͅn͑̿҉̳͈̯̹ͅe̵̵͕̯̭̣͉̝̪̻̜̒̀ͬ͌̂eͤ̈̾̈́ ̶̯̲͍̗̭̟̺ͪ̀d̫͕͉ͨͦ͢͢
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            If the font matters (obviously within a normal range, nothing stupid like comic) then it's not a job worth working in imo.
            Well that's why I told hitch not to reply!

What's he got his students using now? Comic Paraguayan Bangra size 8.7 or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              This. Times new roman is fine unless you're going for some manner of design or hipster intern job

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                Ô͐҉̠̟̥̪͠b̜̭̙̹̯͕ͥ̓̋ͬͥ͡͡v͚͍̂̀͒ͭ͑i̛̦̳̣̮͖̋̈́̓͢o̵̦̅̽͑͊͘ ̬̮͈͓ử͕̼̟̪̐̄ͫͥ̚ͅs͎̞̥͉̉ͨ͆͠͡l͔̩̺̰̗̼ͣ̽ͤ͜͞yͭͧ̔ͯ͊̈́̇̔͢͏ ̳̝̝̼̺̲ͅ,̸̱͍͈̗̝͉̗͚̿͂͗͢ͅ ̣̱̭̣ͬͮ̃̈́̉̑̈́́͠w͕̥̺ͦ̓̑̽ͪͦ́h̜͉ͯ̎ͤͩ̒̍̆̆e̘̗̋̋ͪ̉̈́n̓͝͏͍̮̘ ̱̳̮̦̞̰ ̧̘̹̒ͮͨt̴͎ͩ̄ͤ̎̉́͠h̸̢̠̭͇͚̘ͯ̐ͭͭͩ̔̒͠ḛ̬̝̘̻͈ͨ̈ ̵̱͈͕̜̤̤̫̫͛͂n͍̙̓eͯͩͧ̌͛͊ͫ҉͓͈e̸̸̵̬̗̭̩̲̝̬ͤ̔͆̔ͦd̯̐ͯ̐̀̐̄ ̙̯̹͈̮ ̴̡̦͔̣̖̩̟ͮ̓̄̇f̘̖̜̊̋̉̇o̡̦͐̐̊ͧͫ͆̐̋r̨͖̚͠ ̸̢̻͎̦̼̩͛͂ͣ͛͠ů̢̉҉̧̱̝͇͓̙n̛͍̝̱̲̭͔̯͈̿̍̽̑͑̃̂ͩ́ỉͫ͏̛̩̭̙ ̯͎̠q̸̩̪̮͖̭̯̙̳̃͊ͨ̑ͥ̎ų͎̘̰̱̘͋eͪͣ̈́͒͋͑҉̶̰̬ ̧̹̤̣̰͒̒ͤ͋͒̎͊͡f̷̱̦̈́ͫ̈ͥ̀ͫ͒ͅo̞̿͘n͚͙̪̰̼̜͎̼̪ͧ͑ͨ͂͘t͕̺͈̖̿ s̵͔̰̪̉̊̈́̆͆̐ ̧̝̞̈́̒̊̇́a̧̙͆ͥ̑ͦ̆͌͗̏r̙͇̖͊ͥͯ̿͝ḯ̟̮̺̻̻̿́ͧ͊͗ṣ̛̙̝̝̌ͬé ̥̌̉̀s͓͓͉̜͂ͥ̾̀͢͠,̶̮̯̩̦͕͚̟̪̋ͨ̅͝ ̵̛̯̰͚͍̰̟̰̘̣͗́ͥt̴̬̟̳̱ͬ̈̎͋̄ͥ͌ͪ́͟ḧ̵̙͙͖̖̬͂ͥͮ̂͆ͪ̈̑i̢ͮ̚ ͉̯̤̥s̷̜̹̫͉͆ͯ͆ͩ͗̒̓̀ ̰̼̝̠̼ͧ̌̐͛͘bͧ͐̎̀ͦ҉̬̲̩͇̤͇̠a̴̸̡̳̙̅̓͆d̴̸̙̺̲̱̎̈́͆̑ ̷̢͔̪̟͕̱͖͉̟̮̈́͋ḇ̠̜̤̍̄̊ͦ̀̄͜aͥ̂͒̄͏̛҉̙͉̝y̵̥̝̼̯̩ͣ̓ͭ ̘̺͖͇͇ͥͥ̔ͅi̶͎̜̇ͥͫ͋͆̇̃̆̉ͅs̗͉̐̈́̓ͥ̊̈́̋̂ͅ ̖̼͕̤̹̆̿͗͢a͙͓̟ͣ̊͗̈̄͢ͅl̸̪͚͔̫͎͑̈̅͘ͅl̥̪̜͙̤̹̟̆̌͜ ̶̢̳̬̖̭ͭͩ̇y͈͎̠͕̙̅ͨ̈́͆ͨŏ̥͖̰ͥ́̑ͩ̏͊ͫ̎́u͈̻͕̫̲̞̤͛͌̍͢ ̜ ̰͉̹̹̭̟̭͙͒͋͑̉̀̄ͭ̚͜͞ͅn͑̿҉̳͈̯̹ͅe̵̵͕̯̭̣͉̝̪̻̜̒̀ͬ͌̂eͤ̈̾̈́ ̶̯̲͍̗̭̟̺ͪ̀d̫͕͉ͨͦ͢͢

might use this for some of the more loose limbed parts in the middle

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                  Book of Mormon!?
                  Went with this.

Wanted to see it for a while and forgot about it.

TY for suggestions men.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    48 teams in World Cup from 2026. Makes a slight mockery of qualification so.
                    Might be cool!?

Groups of 3; so at least 2 games each team, 2 teams qualify
                    Good few groups will be fairly meaningless as some serious ass woopings handed out

BUT knock out from there; round of 32 down

Top scorer betting etc will go out the window

200 odd countries play and its mostly the same teams every time playing fairly turged group games at start!

Nearly every country that plays egg chasing/cricket gets to the world cup and it's seen as good

And sur if it's shite, turn it off and lie in the sun

Comment

Greetings from Vegas
                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Anyone know a mechanic that would look at a car with me between Carlow and Kilkenny?

Anyone from down that direction ever heard of a car dealer John Maher, about 20 minutes from Carlow towards Kilkenny?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

First day of cyclo-commuting done.

Note to self; town, like many things, is best approached from the rear.
                              Clontarf Road cyclepath, Alfie Byrne Road, East Wall, IFSC.

Amiens St is a hellhole.

If I could do 100 cyclo-commute days this year, I'd be happy.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

was gonna say this morning...left at the 5 lamps if at all practicable for getting to where you want.

Comment

Daniel Guiney, waterford won a comp on NewsTalk, same guy ?
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Cleared out mothers attic , jesus christ I was an ugly child

SPOILER
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

hungry
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                              hungry
                                              Just had a pack of smokey bacon crisps. Epic
                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

wp. mnm's to the rescue

Comment

wp. mnm's to the rescue
                                                  Peanut?
                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

God no. How's the potato room these days?

Comment

God no. How's the potato room these days?
                                                      Still making lots of chips.

Comment

Some fairly awful weather on the way as if it isn't bad enough (Dublin as well as here). Oh January you beast of a month.
                                                        You need to move south for the winter, I think we are due rain next Wednesday.
                                                        Live weather for Cabo Roig, 14 day and 25 weather forecast for Cabo Roig, updated regularly. Hourly daily weather forecasts for Cabo Roig also provided.

Spent a week in Ireland couped up in family and friends houses, heating on, no air, with everyone coughing and sniffling. All three of us came back with horrible colds, sore throats, headaches etc. Seemed like everyone in Ireland is sick.

Comment

Comment

Working on your birthday should be illegal, let alone working late.

Coming home to beer been handed to me the second I entered door, dinner being served up and presents of a new swanky jacket plus a trip to Primavera Sound in Porto in June have softened the blow somewhat 😎

Who says I'm too old to party with the young kids for three days - They'll be shown a thing or two, I tell ya 😃

Comment

It really is the most awful country for weather! Faro was like those Cabo temperatures. The local babysitter turned up in five layers of clothes complaining about the cold while we were delighted in t-shirts
                                                              Yeah, the locals are in their heavy jackets and hats pulled down like it's snowing when it's 18 degrees here. It has been cold the last few nights, around 8 degrees. There is no central heating and no insulation so we use a portable gas fire and plug in radiators to keep things comfortable, but during the day it's fine.

Comment

It really is the most awful country for weather! Faro was like those Cabo temperatures. The local babysitter turned up in five layers of clothes complaining about the cold while we were delighted in t-shirts
                                                                I have a cousin living in Huelva, just across the border from Faro, their weather throughout the year is a little cooler and windier than ours on this side of Spain. I was going to move across that side to work on Rota naval base but decided against it because the weather wasn't good enough .

Comment

Comment

How amazing would it be if that was true and released before the inauguration. Nothing they could do about it though I'd say.

The ruskies won't release it unless he pisses them off though.

Excuse the unintentional pun.

Comment

Comment

48 teams in World Cup from 2026. Makes a slight mockery of qualification so.
                                                                        meh, somebody probably said the same thing when it went to 32 teams in 1998, or 24 teams in 1982.
                                                                        There's more teams entering now that in the past. Maybe 40 more in 2026 compared to 1998, depending on how many new teams are created by then.

Comment

Oh my good lord. I'm literally speechless. It seems the Russians, according to the official US CIA report, have a video of Trump being golden showered by Russian hookers in a Moscow hotel. Oh my dear lord.

Document here: https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...legations.html
                                                                          This shit can't be for real . . .

According to Source D, where s/he had been present, TRUMP's (perverted) conduct in Moscow included hiring the presidential suite of the Ritz Carlton Hotel, where he knew President and Mrs OBAMA (whom he hated) had stayed on one of their official trips to Russia, and defiling the bed where they had slept by employing a number of prostitutes to perform a 'golden showers' (urination) show in front of him. The hotel was known to be under FSB control with microphones and concealed cameras in all the main rooms to record anything they wanted to.
                                                                          Opr

Comment

Platinum showers. The best.

Comment

Sounds completely plausible to me. Trump is spoiled scum, Russians are Russian.

Comment

My ever so talented ex. Fair play to him. He's the English guy.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

You guys seen this???

Comment

Oh my good lord. I'm literally speechless. It seems the Russians, according to the official US CIA report, have a video of Trump being golden showered by Russian hookers in a Moscow hotel. Oh my dear lord.

Unverified
                                                                                    I mean I hope it's true because what a story but unless the Russians release the vid we'll have to file it beside the Cameron pig story.sounds like Don just watched,ye can prob erase the mental images of him actually getting pissed on.Prob pretty tame next to all the child abuse vids they prob have on loads of other senior politicians.
                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 11-01-17, 00:42.

Comment

I am a veggie with the hots for a butcher! I'm so conflicted!

Salt Bae

Comment

Please don't ANYONE post the vid of Trump ....the Russians could just tell us...NO ONE DESERVES TO SEE THAT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Comment

Amazing foresight from Bowie in 1999.

Amazing how Davie Bowie predicted in BBC interview with Jeremy Paxman in 1999 the huge impact of the Internet in society and the new ways of expression, art ...

Opr

Comment

I wonder if that's why Trump praised the Russians ...they had dirt on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Amazing how Davie Bowie predicted in BBC interview with Jeremy Paxman in 1999 the huge impact of the Internet in society and the new ways of expression, art ...

Opr
                                                                                              i have no idea what any of that means..........

Comment

I remember at some point 'House of Cards' getting too weird for me to continue watching. Truth is stranger than fiction. Even unverified, the fact this is national news about the incoming president. What would happen if he gets impeached? Who gets the job?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                  Sounds completely plausible to me. Trump is spoiled scum, Russians are Russian.
                                                                                                  I agree.
                                                                                                  Whatever he is, reality is reality. He is the president elect of the USA. What we say or think doesn't matter. But this culture made him. Our culture made him. He is us. We are him. He is a dark mirror of our culture.

If we are smart we will wake up and change. Trump should not be what we aspire to.

Comment

The witch hunt continues.
                                                                                                    If there is evidence then produce it. If every allegation about politicians got this much coverage then there would be literally nothing else in the news. The intelligence services are trying to take Trump down before he gets in because they know he will clean house when he gets there.
                                                                                                    That being said, it's believable. Should we care about prostitutes and golden showers? Unless we are receiving them then no, I don't think so.
                                                                                                    So what, if it's true then he paid for sex and to be pissed on. If that's what floats his boat then each to his own.
                                                                                                    If you told me that Obama did the same thing I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Comment

Opr
                                                                                                      Bowie was one of the very few artists. Who could blow me away. Every time.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                        If there is evidence then produce it. If every allegation about politicians got this much coverage then there would be literally nothing else in the news. The intelligence services are trying to take Trump down before he gets in because they know he will clean house when he gets there.
                                                                                                        That being said, it's believable. Should we care about prostitutes and golden showers? Unless we are receiving them then no, I don't think so.
                                                                                                        So what, if it's true then he paid for sex and to be pissed on. If that's what floats his boat then each to his own.
                                                                                                        You should have a problem with it. Being a prostitute I would imagine is a soul destroying job. And the path to it is paved with much misfortune. Nice guys don't get int to that. Nice guys have problems with it and stand up to it.

Vampires live on the darkside. Not normal people.

Obama would not do such a thing..it's part of the reason he was a good president. Character and empathy.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 11-01-17, 01:11.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                          While the sex shit is embarrassing, it is the rest of the report that would be far more troublesome if it was to become verified.

Opr

Comment

While the sex shit is embarrassing, it is the rest of the report that would be far more troublesome if it was to become verified.

Opr
                                                                                                            It's been known for ages the Russians supported him and he had shady business deals. He stated on TV that he assaulted women.

People still voted for him.

If you excuse this kind of behavior. Which is sociopathic attitudes to women and in business. That is the kind of leader you end up with.

Society really is this ...sad. That money matters ...ethics in business ...but the way you treat people ...that's ok...

Comment

I think he is made of teflon.

Comment

Confirmed p&f is luckforsome

Comment

Opr
                                                                                                                  It's verified already Russia helped him. The people who voted for him ....are THAT racist. They don't care.

Comment

Confirmed p&f is luckforsome
                                                                                                                    I am also you.

Comment

We are all one m8.

Comment

We are all one m8.

English version of the Borg transmission from the movie Star Trek VIII First Contact

Comment

What would happen if he gets impeached? Who gets the job?

Opr
                                                                                                                          If he's impeached he doesn't necessarily lose the job. Clinton was impeached, so was Andrew Johnson. Both remained president.

I'm not even sure the golden shower debacle is impeachable. As it's not actually illegal is it?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X