Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got given a bottle of Talisker 10 year old as a Christmas present for some reason.somebody obv trying to ruin me for some reason ,whisky wankery seems like the worst and most expensive sort

Comment

Sierra Nevada torpedo is the pinnacle of human achievement

Comment

Anyone seen rogue one ,is it as as shit as it looks?

Comment

just watched Girl on train, thought it was excellent !
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
            Anyone ever been told by the doctor, maybe prescribed is the word, to wear the 24/48 hour blood pressure/heart monitor shit?

Tell me about it if so please and thanks.

24 hours is a very tiny window into my horrible lifestyle and I don't want to give them another excuse to drag another review or two out of me before fixing my non life threatening crap as the system loves to do for people who aren't dying and dont have a medical card.
            What sort of services would you like? Any songs or readings which you were particularly fond of?
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Anyone ever been told by the doctor, maybe prescribed is the word, to wear the 24/48 hour blood pressure/heart monitor shit?

The BP monitor will will be around the size of a fag box, you wear it on your belt, coming off it will be a tube leading to an arm cuff. It will inflate and take a reading every 15 or 20 mins, depending how it is set up, you need to be still and not moving to get an accurate read, so running around and lifting at that moment would not be ideal.

It will be programmed to a day and night mode, during the night mode it will usually only activate every hour.

Never wore a holter monitor, buy can assume it will be pads and wires taking readings at set intervals. At least it will not wake you up like the BP cuff.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                What sort of services would you like? Any songs or readings which you were particularly fond of?
                Actually started choking and spluttering as I was laughing at this and then started sneezing. Be weird if you died laughing at someone else joking about some other person who wasn't dying in the first place.

Comment

First I'm using SKYNET Google (cunts) products

Now I'm watching Nike (cunts) adverts and liking them

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Christ I'l be wearing a fucking Shams shirt & eating Kellogg's products next

Might go join Hotspur on top of that mountain for a bit
                  Last edited by Guest; 09-01-17, 03:48. Reason: added original vid I watched :)

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    I thought it was alright as a stand alone movie.
                    Does a decent job of bridging the gap between the two trilogies. Even going as far to make sense of some of plothole-ish parts of the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                      Landed back in Oz after a trip to home. Walking in the door at midnight and back out at 8 to go to work. Motivation is zero right now.
                      Snap. Been an absolute pit of a day. Half convinced am sick also which add to the grimness.
                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Gotta love those Indo biz page articles where people like Mary o Rourke pretend they struggle with their finances just like the rest of us.ffs the gall
                          You try running three houses, what with house keepers and cars. I wanna tell you something, try it sometime...

Comment

I'm bringing about 15 8 y\o's to see it next weekend. Was hoping for Trolls myself but apparently we are beyond all that now.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Ugh this cold that is going round seems to be the worst. Or maybe all colds are.
                              No, people who sniff continuously are the worst. I just muttered 'fucking scumbag' at a guy on the DART who is particularly bad.

Excellent reminder to start cycling to work.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Her outfit was absolutely skintight. Like I'd spent a decent minute marveling at the contours of her fanny while she was prancing about on stage before she went behind the curtain.
                                      Was at circus in Tralee last August with my mate and kids. This absolute cracker came out in a skimpy leotard to juggle bowler hats. Unbelievable body on her. She started with 2 hats and worked her way up to 5 or 6. As she was about to do the 'never been done before' act with 6 hats my mate turns to me and says "I've only just noticed the bowler hats"

Comment

Is La La Land available from cousins? (On phone and cousins cause havok to the phone when browsing their sites)
                                        No as of Saturday Night. Thought it popped up the week before.

It's tough out there.

Comment

Comment

From where I think you live to where I think you work that's a no-brainer surely. Cycle lane nearly 100% of way and much quicker.
                                            20 mins and that's taking it relatively handy. Committing to doing it on dry days from now.

Comment

Comment

Remind me to post my x-rays later

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                  No, people who sniff continuously are the worst. I just muttered 'fucking scumbag' at a guy on the DART who is particularly bad.

Excellent reminder to start cycling to work.
                                                  I assume you know you can get your bike and accessories via the tax efficient cycle-to-work scheme.

Comment

I got a beast of a bike on it this time around after getting a Halford's one last time. They had custom made it in the shop for the craic and I took a shine to it. 12 speed internal hub gear, so no messing around with derailers that inevitably break. Finally feel like I get out what I put in effort wise.

Comment

I'm bringing about 15 8 y\o's to see it next weekend. Was hoping for Trolls myself but apparently we are beyond all that now.
                                                      I watched that the other day. HDrip on Kodi. I wasnt expecting to enjoy a film about
                                                      a shit toy from the 80's with Justin Timerlake in it.
                                                      I was pleasantly surprised.
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I feel particularly bad for the two cunts (nothing personal) who had to go back to work in Oz this morning after extended holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                          Remind me to post my x-rays later
                                                          post yer xrays later
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

What show should I see in London that we will both enjoy?

Comment

Street performers in Covent Garden and a pint in the Punch and Judy pub.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                Another great Indo read today - from Joe Brolly, who has had a few excellent write ups in the last few months.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic...-35349408.html
                                                                The numbers are shocking from over 1 million paying customers in 2010 to less than 3/4 a million last year.
                                                                Brolly nails it but offers no solutions probably because there aren't any that could possibly get past the droolers at congress.
                                                                Other than the odd qualifier or county championship game that you'd look at and hope might make up into an entertaining game, football has become some sort of penance for the supporters to tolerate.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no...no, no, not at all. I, I, I just think that the.. uh.. the appeal of football is becoming more selective.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                    @MrsFD

Install glary utilities. The easiest and quickest install is from ninite.com

Glary has a tool to remove all temporary files. There are more than just the internet temporary files. Windows updates in particular can take up an enormous amount space over time.

Edit: Also empty the recycle bin.
                                                                    I am sure Tony will pick up on this but I am quoting anyway so he sees for sure. cheers

What would you like to know. ? Had both on a good few times.

BP Monitor. First thing you do is ask them to put some tape over the fecking reading! as you look at it and the BP gets affected. It is a pain in the hole if you are driving as it goes off every 30 minutes during the day and you have to drop the arm to the side and relax till its done or it will keep doing till it sorts it out.

I had it on a belt clip and it was not as bad at night as I thought it would be. Had about 9 done over the last 10 years.

The Halter monitor is no bother at all. I was given a thing that allowed it to hang round my neck rather than down too low. You have about 5-7 stickers on your chest, can't remember how many and they plug you in to something that resembles an old style personal sterio and off you go.
                                                                    You get ones where you have a button on the thing that you press if you get a heart pain or something, that is the King of Hearts.

The worst part is the stickers coming off, they can leave a red mark for a while. But other than that it is a pretty painless thing to get done on the whole. Prefer the halter to the bP any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      The numbers are shocking from over 1 million paying customers in 2010 to less than 3/4 a million last year.
                                                                      Brolly nails it but offers no solutions probably because there aren't any that could possibly get past the droolers at congress.
                                                                      Other than the odd qualifier or county championship game that you'd look at and hope might make up into an entertaining game, football has become some sort of penance for the supporters to tolerate.
                                                                      The Irish fucktard community are a little less inbred than they used to be.

The them against us shinner-light flag the GAA wrapped itself in for years, has lost its sheen.

Priests are no longer allowed to bate childer around the head and tell them to play kick catch

Train like pro's, goofballed off your tits, for zero cash & without the custy bank job dangling anymore, doesn't really appeal

Kick Catch is a shite sport

Comment

You need to do panto HH. Although I can't imagine it being big in France.

Booing the villain and screaming "he's behind you!" brings out everyone's inner 5 y\o.
                                                                        in France we have guignol for that

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                        the new cirque du soleil show is starting in London this week: Amaluna

Going on sunday myself. Can't wait!

Comment

Dunphys new podcast, the football stuff is fairly standard Dunphy/Giles stuff but decent interview with John Waters.

Dunphy was always a good interviewer

The Stand with Eamon Dunphy is a sports, current affairs and culture podcast with up to 6 new episodes each week.

Waters comes across fairly well considering he is John Waters

*Actually scratch that, is a good interview but got about halfway thru the second part, he still has a smell of scumbag off him
                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 09-01-17, 14:59. Reason: *Spelt Waters wrong, very different interview than a Walters one :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                            Book of Mormon!?

Comment

watched captain fantastic last week. Off beat and fun, really well shot semi road movie, with some great moments.

also watched the hurt business last night. Although it already seems completely outdated insofar as its main protagonist is Jon Jones and Ronda Rousey as the champs, it's got some extremely candid interviews and portraits of other older fighters. Enjoyable for the most part.

Comment

Shrap/CHD what do we think of the re-writing of Ronda's history

Judo bully (true ) who never fought anyone worth fighting in a new division that had no-one any good yet

Tate twice seen as been the best fighter until Holly, but saying Tate quit once Nunes clipped her

Ring true or a bit harsh?
                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 09-01-17, 13:54.

Comment

Watched The Accountant last night.

I don't know whether I just don't get movies anymore, felt the same after Nocturnal Animals.

Pure horseshite the two of em.
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                    Shrap/CHD what do we think of the re-writing of Ronda's history

Judo bully (true ) who never fought anyone worth fighting in a new division that had no-one any good yet

Tate twice seen as been the best fighter until Holly, but saying Tate quit once Nunes clipped her

Ring true or a bit harsh?
                                                                                    Harsh and partially true imo.

She was just on another level in some aspects of MMA where most of the others were still growing. She beat a lot of people who probably weren't ready yet but she also beat fighters like Tate who was a tough cooky and very well rounded. Tate beat Holms who’s boxing is phenomenal but lacks grappling/jiu jitsu. Tate retired because she's been around since the start and is always in absolute wars, so not surprised she's retiring imo, but it certainly looks like Nunes may be the total package.

Basically, you have to start somewhere, and she set the bar pretty high straight off the bat. this made a lot of fighters want to get much better, and they did!

and it's great when the bully eventually gets their come uppance!

Comment

Dunphys new podcast, the football stuff is fairly standard Dunphy/Giles stuff but decent interview with John Walters.

Dunphy was always a good interviewer

The Stand with Eamon Dunphy is a sports, current affairs and culture podcast with up to 6 new episodes each week.

Walters comes across fairly well considering he is John Walters

*Actually scratch that, is a good interview but got about halfway thru the second part, he still has a smell of scumbag off him
                                                                                      Except it's actually John Waters he's interviewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        Watched The Accountant last night.

I don't know whether I just don't get movies anymore, felt the same after Nocturnal Animals.

Pure horseshite the two of em.
                                                                                        Nah most films are shite these days. America has them ruined. Don't think America has put out any comedy worth a laugh in about 10 years. They just laugh when they are expected to. As for non-comedies, most are shit but a few good ones sneak through. All in my opinion of course
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                          I am sure Tony will pick up on this but I am quoting anyway so he sees for sure. cheers

What would you like to know. ? Had both on a good few times.

BP Monitor. First thing you do is ask them to put some tape over the fecking reading! as you look at it and the BP gets affected. It is a pain in the hole if you are driving as it goes off every 30 minutes during the day and you have to drop the arm to the side and relax till its done or it will keep doing till it sorts it out.

I had it on a belt clip and it was not as bad at night as I thought it would be. Had about 9 done over the last 10 years.

The Halter monitor is no bother at all. I was given a thing that allowed it to hang round my neck rather than down too low. You have about 5-7 stickers on your chest, can't remember how many and they plug you in to something that resembles an old style personal sterio and off you go.
                                                                                          You get ones where you have a button on the thing that you press if you get a heart pain or something, that is the King of Hearts.

The worst part is the stickers coming off, they can leave a red mark for a while. But other than that it is a pretty painless thing to get done on the whole. Prefer the halter to the bP any day of the week.
                                                                                          You forgot to mention they will shave your chest where the pads are to be placed...
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

There is a thread on reddit about the speech Meryl Streep made at the Golden Globes. I was reading down through it and some guy makes a joke response from Trump on twitter.

Originally posted by reddit user
                                                                                            Meryl Streep is done. Over the hill, terrible actress. Her ratings were terrible when she hosted SNL. Sad! My SNL ratings were tremendous.
                                                                                            Originally posted by reddit user reply
                                                                                            Give it an hour....
                                                                                            An hour later, Trump does actually tweet

@realDonaldTrump - "Meryl Streep, one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood, doesn't know me but attacked last night at the Golden Globes. She is a Hillary flunky who lost big. "

Opr
                                                                                            Last edited by Opr; 09-01-17, 14:50.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                              You forgot to mention they will shave your chest where the pads are to be placed...
                                                                                              That is one part thankfully I didn't know about!

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                                Except it's actually John Waters he's interviewing.
                                                                                                oooh, ya changed that, cheers

That's a very different interview than you may have expected

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                  Nah most films are shite these days. America has them ruined. Don't think America has put out any comedy worth a laugh in about 10 years. They just laugh when they are expected to. As for non-comedies, most are shit but a few good ones sneak through. All in my opinion of course
                                                                                                  La La land looks disgusting,and its winning evertything

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                    There is a thread on reddit about the speech Meryl Streep made at the Golden Globes. I was reading down through it and some guy makes a joke response from Trump on twitter.

An hour later, Trump does actually tweet

@realDonaldTrump - "Meryl Streep, one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood, doesn't know me but attacked last night at the Golden Globes. She is a Hillary flunky who lost big. "

Opr
                                                                                                    Meryl Streep gave roman polanski a very enthusiastic standing ovation when he won for the Pianist.

Comment

Game on in Norn Iron ,shame ,Arlene Foster seems like such a lovely person

Comment

Meryl Streep gave roman polanski a very enthusiastic standing ovation when he won for the Pianist.
                                                                                                        Yea but did Polanski ever beat his wife to a pulp before raping her?
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

oooh, ya changed that, cheers

That's a very different interview than you may have expected
                                                                                                          Would be more appropriate for a sports podcast anyway.. Not quite sure why he was interviewing John Waters in the first place. Enjoyed the first half anyway, will give the second a listen later.
                                                                                                          His interview with Paul Kimmage was very good too.

Comment

I have no real opinions on the speech itself and it is always going to be hard to take anything serious coming from a room of millionaires, sipping champagne, sitting on gold encrusted chairs for a whole night dedicated to telling each other how great they are. That said it does play into the whole genius of the system. The poor can't criticise the system because they are jealous or don't understand it. The rich can't do so because they're hypocrites only doing it for self serving purposes and the middle class don't because they want to hold onto the small slice of the pie they have got.

My post was more in relation the predictability of him attacking her yet it still being somewhat surreal that he actually goes and does it. I mean I read the initial comment of the fake tweet from him and laughed and then scroll down to find he has actually tweeted something eerily similar shortly afterwards. Mad times.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                                              Would be more appropriate for a sports podcast anyway.. Not quite sure why he was interviewing John Waters in the first place. Enjoyed the first half anyway, will give the second a listen later.
                                                                                                              His interview with Paul Kimmage was very good too.
                                                                                                              I think he will broaden it to a few interviews as well

+I doubt any of the current Irish team could be arsed talking to him

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                Yea but did Polanski ever beat his wife to a pulp before raping her?
                                                                                                                You need to have a word with yourself!

Comment

@Keane, did you see your family old pic in 'Through the Lens' book by John Cleary? Great pic and some very interesting ones from Tralee in general.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                    @Keane, did you see your family old pic in 'Through the Lens' book by John Cleary? Great pic and some very interesting ones from Tralee in general.
                                                                                                                    I presume it's the one where they're all gathered around the new printing press looking like a hit squad?

Comment

...

Comment

@shrap as the most likely knower: is piment d'Espelette worth getting or it's just like any other chilli powder?
                                                                                                                        as a chilli powder? not really imo, it's very mild. it's delicious as a piperade which is a kind of paste you can put on bread (kind of like a tapenade but with chili)

Comment

Streep's speech is vomit inducing. Shite Irish accent. Taking piss out of NFL and MMA. And then the woe I'm so upset - off to your safe zone for a group cry.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X