X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    Amit just ended up needling me.
    I think I may take this up again today
    Usually at the end of a webchat you can rate the chat and if they solved your issue.

If you are negative about everything it tends to ask for a phone number and then someone from amazon will call you back about it.

You may be onto a losing battle though. Ultimately any price is only invitation to treat
    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I was seen as the rich kid on the street because in 1985 we went to the Rhyl Sun Centre and Pontins.

Other years but not every one it was Kilmuckridge except for once when the next door neighbours brought me to Butlins for a week.

Foreign holidays were pipe dreams in the 80s.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
        In outlook, I have rules created for certain emails to go to certain folders as they come in. But I only get desktop notifications for emails that go directly into my inbox and not a created folder, can I change this somewhere?
        Yeah i had tried that with no luck. Bastards
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
          Yeah i had tried that with no luck. Bastards
          Oh actually im just a bit slow I got it cheers
          airport, lol

Comment

We used to put laces between our toes to pretend we had shoes, our feet were black from walking 10 miles to school in our bare feet. We were considered posh as we had laces.

Comment

The only holiday (foreign or otherwise) I had as a kid was to London in the mid 80's as my brother was getting married over there. If we were lucky we might get to the seaside once a summer, but generally our only outings were to the bog, which wasn't a lot of fun.

Comment

We were spoiled to the point that my sister once refused to go to Hawaii on holidays with my parents when she was about 11 (which left me at age 9 stuck at home as well) on the basis that it would be boring.

Comment

GFYK

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    The only holiday (foreign or otherwise) I had as a kid was to London in the mid 80's as my brother was getting married over there. If we were lucky we might get to the seaside once a summer, but generally our only outings were to the bog, which wasn't a lot of fun.
                    Dom you sound like the brother I never had.
                    Went to England in 1988 visited the sisters in London was amazing punks guys with funny headdrees Sikhs black people airplanes flying low so many people was utterly amazing.

First foreign holiday was with my mother aunt and friend who was 2 years older 16 going on 21 really.
                    We went to Magaluff coming from the west of Ireland the only tits you would see were on the sun or some dodgy foreign French film on rte 2 late at night.
                    The sea in Magaluff was basically tit soup amazing looking scandis and English girl boobs everywhere.
                    Necking champagne in BCM niteclub at the time the biggest in Europe at 14 felt great.
                    Was a bit young for women scared senseless my mate was scoring left right and center.
                    Brought home some Scottish busty blonde once woke up to see this naked woman 3 feet away from me straddling my friend.
                    Chatting away in the morning really wanted to say I'm 14 by the way all I could see was boobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                      Dom you sound like the brother I never had.
                      Went to England in 1988 visited the sisters in London was amazing punks guys with funny headdrees Sikhs black people airplanes flying low so many people was utterly amazing.

First foreign holiday was with my mother aunt and friend who was 2 years older 16 going on 21 really.
                      We went to Magaluff coming from the west of Ireland the only tits you would see were on the sun or some dodgy foreign French film on rte 2 late at night.
                      The sea in Magaluff was basically tit soup amazing looking scandis and English girl boobs everywhere.
                      Necking champagne in BCM niteclub at the time the biggest in Europe at 14 felt great.
                      Was a bit young for women scared senseless my mate was scoring left right and center.
                      Brought home some Scottish busty blonde once woke up to see this naked woman 3 feet away from me straddling my friend.
                      Chatting away in the morning really wanted to say I'm 14 by the way all I could see was boobs.
                      It's not called Shagaluff for nothing you know

Comment

Interesting article about how holidays changed from when they were introduced.

Package holidays have come a long way since their emergence in the Fifties and Sixties as exclusive getaways for a select few British holidaymakers to the present day.

We travelled in the 70's on a plane when package deals became popular. Went to Mallorca (Calla Millor),Calella and Barcelona Mainland Spain. Remember going to a mock bullfight and traditional Spanish dancing nights. Class when I think back.

Comment

The only tits I saw when I was 14 were the ornithological type. First time abroad apart from the above was with my Spanish gf to Spain when I was nearly 20. We broke up nearly straight away after the holiday. The potential future in laws mustn't have been impressed!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                            Interesting article about how holidays changed from when they were introduced.

Package holidays have come a long way since their emergence in the Fifties and Sixties as exclusive getaways for a select few British holidaymakers to the present day.

We travelled in the 70's on a plane when package deals became popular. Went to Mallorca (Calla Millor),Calella and Barcelona Mainland Spain. Remember going to a mock bullfight and traditional Spanish dancing nights. Class when I think back.
                            The difference is your family were earning Sterling, which was a strong currency that bought a lot of pesetas. We were earning punts, which were in the absolute toilet in the 80s. Only the richest Irish families could afford to have a holiday abroad.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

If someone has a house in their name (signed over to them, not bought) does that mean that they will not qualify for a first time buyers grant?

Comment

Just to counteract all the doom and gloom we had foreign holidays every year.

Florida 3/4 times and then Europe/Tunisia the rest. That was in the 90s though as I am only a whippersnapper.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  If someone has a house in their name (signed over to them, not bought) does that mean that they will not qualify for a first time buyers grant?
                                  Looking at the docs, they will qualify, but they have to live in the house for 5 years:

This is an explanation about the Help to Buy scheme for first-time property buyers
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                    It's not called Shagaluff for nothing you know
                                    There was no internet in 1991 and the irish always went to Santa Ponsa we went from England hence Magaluff.
                                    Id go back but would probably be called granddad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                      There was no internet in 1991 and the irish always went to Santa Ponsa we went from England hence Magaluff.
                                      Id go back but would probably be called granddad.
                                      Ballymun in the Sun I heard that is called

I spent a night in Magaluff, was mental. Just full of English drunks. Loads of them and huge partied together walking about. That was in the 90's as well

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                        Looking at the docs, they will qualify, but they have to live in the house for 5 years:

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reli...o-buy-faqs.pdf
                                        Doesn't specifically mention this scenario. I suppose if it came to it they could ring revenue to ask for sure.

Comment

Learnt to Roller Skate, swim properly, fight with nordies, snog Nordies little sisters, canoe, pitch n putt, and puke after a few shandys on the cyclone, peadospot (redcoats) all in Mosnia.
                                          Also my 1st exposure to rigged (knobbly knees) competitions. Epic little place for a Drimnagh brat to holiday with his six million relatives. Hated the early morning radio and the posh full boarders. But then came Hitler and we were all carted off to live in the 40s.

Comment

I also have many fond memories of mammaries.
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Reading BBV today reminds me of how people expect soo much these days.

When I grew up old jeans were used to patch the new jeans till they were so bad they became the old jeans.
                                              Shoes always were resoled at least 3 times
                                              Old T Shirts became dusters
                                              Left over wallpaper was used to cover school books, ( You could see what other kids houses was like inside)
                                              Pencils were sharpened down to about an inch
                                              Chicken and Roast beef was only on Sunday if we were lucky
                                              Packet of Smash at lunchtime was living it up
                                              My toy gun was a stick
                                              I thought you could only buy fish in small rectangles and covered in breadcrumb
                                              Food was always ate on table not trays in front of tv ( I still always do this but other family members use trays quite a bit)
                                              Saturday was bath day

Loads more, amazing and a bit sad how times have changed

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                fuck this guys - I need to buy a hoover - was about to pull the trigger on a cordless dyson but now I am confused. somebody tell me which one to get please.
                                                Just get the most expensive one. You probably will anyway

Comment

Henry the hoover is the official recommended hoover of the bbv.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                    Reading BBV today reminds me of how people expect soo much these days.

When I grew up old jeans were used to patch the new jeans till they were so bad they became the old jeans.
                                                    Shoes always were resoled at least 3 times
                                                    Old T Shirts became dusters
                                                    Left over wallpaper was used to cover school books, ( You could see what other kids houses was like inside)
                                                    Pencils were sharpened down to about an inch
                                                    Chicken and Roast beef was only on Sunday if we were lucky
                                                    Packet of Smash at lunchtime was living it up
                                                    My toy gun was a stick
                                                    I thought you could only buy fish in small rectangles and covered in breadcrumb
                                                    Food was always ate on table not trays in front of tv ( I still always do this but other family members use trays quite a bit)
                                                    Saturday was bath day

Loads more, amazing and a bit sad how times have changed
                                                    Here is my take on your post!

When I grew up old jeans were used to patch the new jeans till they were so bad they became the old jeans. - Didn't wear jeans as a kid ever. wore them in my late teens just.

Shoes always were resoled at least 3 times - Got segs put in heels just
                                                    Old T Shirts became dusters - Used as oil rags at mine
                                                    Left over wallpaper was used to cover school books, ( You could see what other kids houses was like inside) - Snap, loved covering books this way!
                                                    Pencils were sharpened down to about an inch - Did this deliberatly
                                                    Chicken and Roast beef was only on Sunday if we were lucky - Sunday dinner just!
                                                    Packet of Smash at lunchtime was living it up - Never had smash till I was an adult
                                                    My toy gun was a stick - Ditto!
                                                    I thought you could only buy fish in small rectangles and covered in breadcrumb - Mostly fish fingers except on a Satruday which was chippy night so was battered cod or haddock
                                                    Food was always ate on table not trays in front of tv ( I still always do this but other family members use trays quite a bit) - My sister, brother and I sat at a table, parents always had a tray in front of TV
                                                    Saturday was bath day - Sunday was bath day for school!

Ah memories, it is cool/weird looking back at how different things were back then. Another big change from my childhood to my kids one is treats and biscuits. The are always moaning there isn't enough rubbish in the press.
                                                    My folks would go to Asda and stock up on loads for the month on this sort of stuff. SO many packets of chocolate biscuits (Taxi, Club, Penguin) and so many plain (custard creams, bourbons)

We had to ask if we could have a biscuit. Wouldn't have dared got them without asking. Then there was sweets, we got money regular to go to the ice cream van and on a Friday night my dad would bring in quarters of midget gems, torpedos, chewing nuts etc. The only time we had a sweet fest was when we went to my grans. One gran had a shop and we got loads there and the other bought in loads for us to have when we visited.

I hate how kids just expect this shit nowadays, crisps, chocolate etc. We eat fruit during the day and only had biscuits in the evening. Kids are spoilt shits basically nowadays!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                      Henry the hoover is the official recommended hoover of the bbv.
                                                      Have had a Henry in a few places I've worked now. Top bloke. Would recommend.

Comment

@Gab, I have a one off special Henry Hoover 3.00 GTI gold encrusted edition I can source if required.

Comment

Ye old cunts are depressing. It's January go easy
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Might do the lotto.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                              Might do the lotto.
                                                              I'll do it now you mention it. Poor decision to mention it.

Comment

Q was too big. Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                  Q was too big. Meh.
                                                                  Just back Chelsea!
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                    Just back Chelsea!
                                                                    Have done. Nice price.

1-3, few counters.

Comment

When I was young most of our pillowcases were from old flour sacks (my mother made bread every day back then). They were bleached and washed and were scratchy as hell to use as pillowcases.

As my older siblings moved out though things got less frugal thankfully so I was relatively spoiled with proper pillowcases and the like in later years..

Comment

Luxury.

Comment

Fairly unique story of hardship there!

Comment

I first flew on a plane when I was less than two weeks old

Edit: not really on holidays obv but I still can't imagine how you'd go 20+ years without leaving the island. How times change!

Comment

@Lao Lao -made a playlist of your songs of 2016 and listed to them to/from work the last few days. Great stuff altogether ����

Comment

Manager arrived on this morning with a big huge box for me. Big ribbon on it. I was all excited.

New uniform for you dear she goes all excited. I was like a bitch and very deflated altogether. All I did was give out about the colour and the rank lycra tight material.

Was dying to try it on then and ran to tesco toilets to try it on lol full of my fun this morning..... Oh and got the only 2 TV in the Midlands after

http://youtu.be/uNZcn3d9a1M
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

...
                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 04-01-17, 19:44.
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...IPB Celebrity Dead Pool 2017!!!!...The thread we have all been waiting for...

Comment

Bants

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                          Lols, that's a great story!
                                                                                          I wouldn't have thought it was that outrageous for 1970's/early 1980's West of Ireland. Seems like sensible upcycling really in hindsight.

Comment

I used to have an old style twin pram, a kids one. Was a Silver Cross replica. Didn't really play much with it though.

THEN I discovered I could take off the basket the dolls went in and collapse the frame. Engineered some boards and a rope for steering the thing and turned it into a fantastic go-kart! All the kids got great enjoyment from my pram. Not sure the parents were amused at the price of it haha

Comment

Last day of our trip around the South Island, started in Wellington, nice city but the wind is ridiculous, the Windy Wellington name is very apt, museum was cool, they collaborate on lots with Weta studios so visually it was very cool.

Ferry across the Cook Strait into Marlborough Sounds which was one of highlights. It was more expensive than a flight and obviously longer but definitely worth it.
                                                                                              Boat trip and partial walk of the Queen Charlotte track, 80$ for basically a whole day included seeing penguins, seals, dolphins and nest of King Shag, only 600-800 left.
                                                                                              We moved on to Nelson then, tried my first cellar door, Mahana was the estate, no clue about wine but fun experience.

Finally now in Kaiteriteri, definitely more touristy, lot's of families and campervans etc. We went for a kayak tour around Abel Tasman park and another partial walk of another great walk.

Flying back up to Auckland tomorrow.
                                                                                              Lots of walks, hikes, biking in between on most days, definitely the most active holiday I've ever done and world's away from Auckland.

A few more small trips planned between now and June, Fiji and Lions tour then before deciding if we'll go home. TBH struggling to find work but if I find the right job I might stay, I got accepted on to a masters starting in September so at least I'll have that if I come back which is highly likely at this point. Overall good four months so far
                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 04-01-17, 21:48.

Comment

Noticed today UFC is in Houston Superbowl weekend. Picked up tickets today, least we will get one sporting event in for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                  Noticed today UFC is in Houston Superbowl weekend. Picked up tickets today, least we will get one sporting event in for sure.
                                                                                                  Jaysus don't tempt me 🙊

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                    Is there much on in the week leading up the Superbowl? My friend lives over there and is trying to convince me to go over, saying it's a compete party for the week leading into it.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                      I'll bid you good folks adieu for a little while. I'm flying out to Thailand tomorrow morning where I will be spending the next two months on retreat in a few monasteries around the country, and I won't be online.

Basically meditating. Up at 4am, no eating after 12pm, in silence, no phone/net etc. That kind of thing. Great craic altogether.

Anyway, I'll send some loving kindness to you all when I'm there, and I hope 2017 starts wonderfully for everyone.
                                                                                                      Spare a thought for poor hotspur who has no clue this momentous occasion happened tonight!

Comment

538 on wine

William Koch — yes, one of those Kochs — is giving a tour of his wine cellar when he asks the obvious question: “Did you see the wine bathroom?” he asked. “Wa…

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                          Spare a thought for poor hotspur who has no clue this momentous occasion happened tonight!

Will get him the dvd when he returns.

Comment

Fucking bbv is nuts. Last night no-one blinked an eye when GAB was talking about dropping 3k on a mattress, in fact one comment was that any mattress that cost less than 1100 was total rubbish.
                                                                                                            Tune into tonight's bbv and it reads like the parts of Angela's Ashes that were too depressing to print!

Comment

Any mattress is amazing if you raid the lidl memory foam cover specialbuys.

Comment

Who remembers this poker *legend*?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                                                                                                                  Fucking bbv is nuts. Last night no-one blinked an eye when GAB was talking about dropping 3k on a mattress, in fact one comment was that any mattress that cost less than 1100 was total rubbish.
                                                                                                                  Tune into tonight's bbv and it reads like the parts of Angela's Ashes that were too depressing to print!
                                                                                                                  We're accustomed to it. Any tea?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                                                                                                                    That's why I love bbv. It's only chance one gets to walk in footsteps of the elite

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                                                      We're accustomed to it. Any tea?
                                                                                                                      Had to go up to my parents yesterday so there was Shepard's pie waiting for me when I got there.
                                                                                                                      Was happy that I didn't have to cook.

Comment

Going into work in the dark avoiding all the wankers has to be good for your mental health, feels good man.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                          Going into work in the dark avoiding all the wankers has to be good for your mental health, feels good man.
                                                                                                                          Yes, both dreading and accepting the new year. Lots of opportunities for me but would all require (a) lots of travel and (b) many more hours. I've done both before but have no real desire to do either again, especially with Mr Revenue getting 50%+ of any resulting pay rises.

Wanted: job where I can sit quietly in a corner and solve problems for a few hours a day.
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X